Dissentions V2.0 Game Thread

(Crud, I wanted to bet a small amount against Lady Luck, just to say I had, but I fell asleep and missed the deadline.)

Niklas and Nahkarma both stalked to the portal from different sides of the arena. Unluckily, the True Believer stumbled and smacked the back of his head on the stairs. Lady Luck just smiled, and rolled a set of dice, snake eyes. “Thats the 50th time in a row, now if I only knew what game we were plying I might call it a good omen.” As they stood before the gate, each gave the other a salute, and with Nahkarma glancing over his shoulder, they both entered the arena. A choking mist began to fill the viewing area, and quickly disputed, revealing Niklas's arena choice.

A death trap. The only way it could be described. Spikes randomly shot out of every surface, huge bladed pendulums periodically swung every each way. Crushing walls, and hundreds of traps fired randomly. It was hard to even imagine such a scene, and was even more impossible to even contemplate navigating. Niklas navigated thought, without even giving anything a second glance. She seemed untouched totally, everything just barely missing her. Nahkarama, on the other hand, didn't have that luxury. Luck was not on his side, and he spent an inordinate amount of time navigating a simple corridor, his gaze everywhere.

When the two combatants finally met, Lady Luck was none worse for the wear, while the True Believer sported many wounds of various degrees all over. He didnt seem pleased in the least, and with a backhand slap sent Niklas flying backwards into a wall of spikes. Lucky for her, they had just retracted, but she still crumpled into a heap at the base, obviously not used to actual combat. As Nahkarma stalked towards her prone figure, brandishing his mace, it nothing would save her. Well except for a a series of chance happenings. First, a tripwire, Second, a stray quarrel. Third, a lucky set of spikes. As the True Believer approached, Niklas threw herself at him, pushing him back a step, over a tripwire he didnt see. As he took a step back to brace for the impact, he suddenly became away that there was nothing for him to step on, and downward he fell, down a 50 foot foot shaft ending in a line of spikes. Lady Luck, overbalanced by her attack also began to fall into the pit, but then luckily a stray quarrel smacked her in the shoulder, and spinning her around, as well as pushing her back a fraction of an inch, so she was able to catch herself. Nahkarma wasn't so lucky.

Spoiler :

Niklas, Lady Luck was Victorious?

Nahkarma, the True Believer was Innocent!

Nahkarma was broke, so no money for you guys.

Amoiboid 6.1 (Pinman, Kol, choxorn, mythmonster*, taillesskangaru, Tasslehoff)
Drunken Brawler 4.1 (Pinman, Renata*, Kol, taillesskangaru)
Arcane adept 4 (Catharsis, choxorn, mythmonster*, Tasslehoff, Rogueknight; supported by Renata*)
Blood Brother 2 (Catharsis, Rogueknight)

Battle Choosen
Drunken Brawler at Ameboid
Drunken Brawler gets the stage choice.

The Following Players have Lost Gold Betting:
Spoiler :

choxorn 100
talileskangaru 50

The Following Players have made gold betting:
Spoiler :

Niklas 26
TAsslehoff 26
mythmonster2 13
Methos 26
RogueKnight 100

OOC: What a great write-up.... and Lady Luck is saved by a squirrel. :D Nice XD

Well done Lady Luck. Although.... why a squirrel? Do you speak Squirrel?

EDIT: Wow... oops. I completely read that wrong. (grr) Funny either way. Humpf!

now im seriously considering changing it to a squirrell, it would be much more intersting

(OOC: Tolis, I think your count is wrong. Kol.7 voted for the Drunken Brawler, not the Arcane Adept. And the team leader votes are somewhat off. I think the accurate count is:

Amoiboid 6.1 (Pinman, Kol, choxorn, mythmonster*, taillesskangaru, Tasslehoff)
Drunken Brawler 4.1 (Pinman, Renata*, Kol, taillesskangaru)
Arcane adept 4 (Catharsis, choxorn, mythmonster*, Tasslehoff, Rogueknight; supported by Renata*)
Blood Brother 2 (Catharsis, Rogueknight) )

now im seriously considering changing it to a squirrell, it would be much more intersting

Lady Luck, overbalanced by her attack also began to fall into the pit, but then luckily a stray squirrel smacked her in the shoulder, and spinning her around, as well as pushing her back a fraction of an inch, so she was able to catch herself.

There's no way we can beat a squirrel that strong. I surrender.

{ Kamikaze Squirrel of DOOOOOOOOM!!!! :D }

The old lady brushes some dust off her shoulder where the {s}qu{i}arrel {b}hit her, then walks off from the scene no worse for wear, except a blooded lip from Nahkarma's backhand.

Hahaha, seems the agents felt lucky enough to take me out, but I ain't dead yet! Takes more than that to trick a lady, you see. Haha, silly agents, lost your opportunity to kill someone, since the Believer will be back again. Haahaahaa!

(OOC: Do I even want to know what gerbil-ing is?)

Well, that was a spectacularly unsatisfying end to the bout. Not even anyone dead, and Lady Luck wins without landing a single blow. And a pair of nonentities up in the morning. For all I helped choose them, I think I might sleep in tomorrow.

The Planeswalker fishes a few coins out of her pocket and waves them at Tolis.

I have too much money; it's burning a hole in my pocket. 100 on the Drunken Brawler, ok? Don't wake me up if I win.

(OOC: Do I even want to know what gerbil-ing is?)

Well, that was a spectacularly unsatisfying end to the bout. Not even anyone dead, and Lady Luck wins without landing a single blow. And a pair of nonentities up in the morning. For all I helped choose them, I think I might sleep in tomorrow.

The Planeswalker fishes a few coins out of her pocket and waves them at Tolis.

I have too much money; it's burning a hole in my pocket. 100 on the Drunken Brawler, ok? Don't wake me up if I win.

nahkarma died, i just didnt go into details, i rather end it on a luck note :)

(OOC: Oh, I know that; I was referring to his self-proclaimed ability to come back over and over again. The write-up was most amusing. :goodjob: )

Meghghan Psquirrelstone (Pquarrelstone?) is rather annoyed at the lack of dialogue. She does not enjoy being awake when everyone else is asleep, and there's only limited amounts of fun to be had in painting the other contestants' faces while they sleep. She attempts to remember a riddle she was told in her youth, to while away the boredom.

The Executioner of Grauundgrauundweiss

{the answer is in a spoiler at the bottom, so have a good think first}

Grauundgrauundweiss is a fairytale land. Most of its population applies itself to the important toymaking industry, and the most fabulous toyshops on the Algean Scar can be found in the capital city of Kraftstadt. Rosy-cheeked cherubim children gaze into shop windows with glee at the sight of the many dolls, toy soldiers and clockwork automata within. The scene is permanently decorated with a light frosting of snow - indeed, if the people had any concept of Christmas, they would be claiming that a new saviour is born every day in Kraftstadt.

It would be a perfect, halcyon city, were it not for all the mugging, and vandalism, and (improbably) car theft. (Grauundgrauundweisslicher cars are powered by clockwork, and can only travel in a straight line. Despite this, they are exceptionally easy to steal.) Also, there's the organised crime. And the disorganised crime (basically consists of failed mafiosi with names like Vinny 'One Nose' Lacetti shooting themselves with spud guns until they talk).

Because of this, the hard-as-nails mayor of Kraftstadt, Lord Candycane Ruffles III, decided that the only way to make it safe to prance about in the streets at night was to institute capital punishment. So he sent envoys to other nations, across the Scar, and after much deliberation, chose the most sadistic executioner that they recommended.

This nameless executioner knew something that our own Lady Luck and Risk-breaker will already be fully aware of: the element of chance is a far more frightening weapon than the element of 'big scary axe'. So, as he laid the criminal's head down on the chopping block, he would take out a coin from his pocket, and flip it.

If it came up heads, the victim would be executed immediately.

If it came up tails, he would flip the coin again.

The criminal would never know exactly how much time he had left. This method was highly cruel and unusual, but it was a lot tougher than the previous Grauundgrauundweisslicher punishment (most of the details are top secret, but 'eating yellow snow' was one aspect) so Ruffles, lighting up his thirtieth sugar cane of the day, allowed it. And it worked: over the years, the number of criminals in Kraftstadt slowly dwindled. No-one ever escaped the executioner's axe. Except for one man.

Note that, because of the whimsical messages adorning the side of every Grauundgrauundweisslicher coin, it is impossible for such a coin to fall on its side. So here's the riddle: how did that one man escape?

Think about it.

Have you thought long enough?

Answer:

Spoiler :
He punched the executioner in the throat and ran off.

Top Bottom