Ask Sid Meier Your Questions

Will combat receive any kind of increased strategy in future versions? While the standard CivIV combat system is pretty good, will new additions be added? (e.g. MAD, ranged bombardment, combined armed stack attack and so on).

1-Will there be download content extra civilization like persia or Canada or Korea? that would be really cool.
2- Will there be a mode like Co-Op or Other unique modes like that added to the game?
3- Thanks!

I have a couple of questions for you, Mr. Meier, first of all will, Firaxis ever develop anything other then Pirates! for the PSP, such as Civilization or Railroads!? Also, what happened to Railroads? Will there be any new content? A game for PSP or PS3? An expansion pack? Firaxis said there was potential left in what could be done with Railroads. Why was it abandoned? How often are Firaxis' beta tests? Do you have a schedule for that sort of thing?
Also, does Firaxis have any specific beta testing requirements? Thank you for your time.

Will Civ IV: Colonization include a mini expansion with it to update the graphics of Civ IV (if you own it) with the newer graphics? If not, is another expansion or patch planned for Civ IV which will enhance the graphics?

Thanks. :)

I seem to remember some time ago that Sid was working on a Dinosaur strategy game but then it was abandoned. I was wondering if he has ever considered reviving that development.
Also, why was the Dinosaur scenerio dropped with the last couple of Civ versions? There was one in Civ 2 or 3 from what I remember but it was not updated for Civ 4.

Thanks.

There are often many adverse comments about the AI in Civ, due to it's great abilities in certain areas but failure in others. Is there any reason why the AI seems so illogical, and why it has received less of Firaxis' attention than other areas? (As Galactic Civilizations 1+2 showed us, a good strategy game AI is not impossible).

There are often many adverse comments about the AI in Civ, due to it's great abilities in certain areas but failure in others. Is there any reason why the AI seems so illogical, and why it has received less of Firaxis' attention than other areas? (As Galactic Civilizations 1+2 showed us, a good strategy game AI is not impossible).

Nice one, Dude.

You're considering to create a (civilization-)MMO. Have you come up with any ideas how it's going to look. How it's going to work.

Bit of a different question: What are Sid's top-three favourite PC games that were not designed by him and do not carry his name? :) Basically, what is he playing besides Meier-designed games?

Dear Sid,

Thank you for taking some questions from fans. As a player who is still learning to win at the higher levels (Monarch and up) in CivIV, what is the most important advice you would like to give? Would you ever consider publishing a Sid-approving playing guide? And what is your time worth?
I am looking for a private tutor.;)

Thank you.

Cheers,

Wolf

Dear Sid,
I am looking for a private tutor.;)

Ok, you must playing a bit too much Civ. ;)

I would like to know who else won the Civ4 modding contest besides me and NavySeal here at civfanatics? Thanks for the new computer Sid! I really really needed it.

I enjoy watching the assorted sea traffic in Pirates!, and the trains in Railroads, but I prefer playing Civ more than anything. Would you consider animated graphic trade routes in a future version of Civ?

How much research goes ino each game? How are the leaders chosen, how are the cilvilizations chosen, how are the techs chose? (Hope that doesn't sound like I'm blaming someone)

Can we talk you and Will Wright into doing a collaboration that would knock the socks off of Firaxis and EA Games? j/k!

Seriously...
About the gaming industry:
1) How do you feel about current gamemaking trends that appear to be about softening up the games in order to attract newer and or younger players? Do you believe that it is possible to still innovate the games in a way that can attract the newer players to the satisfaction of corporate decision makers and yet maintain the loyalty of original fans who want the complexity, total immersion, and state of the art production values that they (we) are used to from Civilization and other classics?

2) Does the industry read the fansites and pay attention to the feedback from the fans?

edit...
about Civilization IV:

3) What was the inspiration for and who gets credit for Baba Yetu? In the industry, music has appeared improved along with other production values in computer gaming, but I (and it looks like many other fans) think that it sets a standard. Even my children sing to it and my game-phobic wife finds it inspiring!

4) How is the historical research done for the game? Personally I know very little about history, but Civilization is so detailed and the game continually raises my curiosity enough to research so I've ended up learning a lot anyway! How is the quality control done on this?

-When is CivV going to hit the shelves?

-If Firaxis has not started on it yet, then can we expect another expansion pack for CivIV by 4th quarter '08?

I'd like to know if Sid has ever entertained the idea of working with Steve Fawkner (Warlords, Infinite Interactive) or would consider it. The CIV series is among the best TBS games, and likely the top Empire Builder game/series to date.

Fawkner's Warlords series - many would agree (myself included) is also one of the best TBS games, and possibly THE best Combat oriented TBS game.

The CIV series has always lacked on the Combat side, maintaining an emphasis on Empire Building and Diplomacy - some would say to the detriment of depth for warring and the combat AI.

These two factors seem like a perfect match to me. So is there any possibility to see a Sid + Steve collaboration?

Top Bottom