Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

For 0.32 ad BtS latest patch?

Since it seems that version will be stable for a while and 0.33 is out on 15.8. I'm planning on starting one SG with similar guidelines. I really like this SG and I think we managed to do everything in spirit so far. I would like you guys on board of my SG which has a following theme:

Death to the Round Eared beasts!
Let all Elvenkind be gloriously reunited under one crown of Winter Court!

Where we would try to win the civil war as Svartalfar, and then establish our superiority over all human races, enacting slavery and enslaving them all.

Well, it was a long time. But here is the report finally...

The Legacy of Mulcarn

Mulcarn. The name hammered around in the head of Valledia as if a hundred dwarven smithies would smite and bend the hot iron at the same time together. Mulcarn. The god of winter, said to be an enemy of creation, and of growth. The longer Valledia pondered about that the more it seemed to her that this was not true altogether. Was not the frost forming the snowflake and the crystal palaces of ice another form of creation, of evolution, of something new ? Was not stagnation, the credo of Mulcarn and his followers, the opposite of hell and the destruction it brings ? yet little love did she have for Mulcarn, for he was bound up by fate into the history of the Amurites. But for him Kylorin still might be with the Amurites as in the days of old. But he was not, and so Valledia had to carry on. Indeed very powerful the Amurites had grown again, led by Valledia out of the depths of time and despair. But she did not rejoice at this, standing there in front of her palace, musing over Mulcarn. A cold icy blast came from the higher regions of the mountains, and she foreboded evil to come.

A horseman rushed up the paved streets beyond the threshold of the Amurite Palace, outracing the fell wind in his speed. His face was noble and stern, and as he brought his white horse to a stand in front of Valledia she caught the flicker of a smile. "Hail, Valledia, Queen of the Amurites! I bring tidings of joy and of relief, for a great enemy has departed."

"Our soldiers - led by a mercenary Ogre who entered our service not long ago - hunted out Perpentach and broke his body, where his mind has fled now only the One may know."

Hearing this, the streets where filled with joy and music. People were feasting and singing, the war was over finally. Some even dared to speak up against the Government, but in this hour little power they had to convince their hearers.

But Valledia stood there like an image of stone, graven into the cold masses of the bones of the earth. Unmoved, even untouched by the messages she looked upwards, and a tear was on her cheek. She sighed, and then she spoke: "Messages of joy you bring, and yet I do not know what they truly mean. For I still have an ill foreboding on me, and I have many signs that time is drawing nigh to its great ending. Strange things I have heard, and strange things I have seen of late. But look yourselves !" And with that one of her Wizards stood forth and lifted his staff. An airy globe of crystal formed among the strokes of lightning springing from his uplifted staff, and therein vivid images could be beheld.

"Behold the Tomb of Succellus which our soldiers have found and captured. Yet we hear that this tomb stands south in the wild too, and this cannot be normal. It is a sign that time is out of her fated course..."

"Moreso as our soldiers have seen Orthus guarding the Tomb with his Axe, or roaming the lands about it. Yet this cannot be true too, because Orthus has been killed long ago. Again I fear the ways of time are out of the track..."

The airy crystal globe then turned altogether black, and a great crack of fire opened in it. There was a stroke of thunder, and the earth was trembling and groaning. The people fled in panic, and the Wizard was falling down the steps caught in a swoon that rent his very mind asunder. Valledia stood there hard as a stone. "If the end is really near, so be it. Yet I will not despair now. Kylorin might live still somewhere. It is my task to find him ere I perish. Only death or worse shall take me from this road!" And with that words a snowflake was curling down before her uplifted face...

OOC: This game is totally odd. We have two Tombs of Succellus and a new Orthus. But the game is clearly won. I sent the army south to either take on the Dwarves or the Elves.

Imhotep

Nice effort Immy.

The double Tomb of Succellus was my fault (I thought I removed the second one when I played before). The double Orthus might be from restarting from a world builder save.

You are right that the game is won. Auric may have a surprise or two in store.

@TheJopa - I'd be happy to join the new game. Do you want to grab this one next? I'm assuming you're bsck from Zagreb (where in Croatia is home - I travelled up the Dalmatian coast in '96 and very much loved it).

Nice effort Immy.

@TheJopa - I'd be happy to join the new game. Do you want to grab this one next? I'm assuming you're bsck from Zagreb (where in Croatia is home - I travelled up the Dalmatian coast in '96 and very much loved it).

Yeah, I'm back, so I'll gladly grab it.
Home is actually in Dalmatia - Makarska. I'm glad you liked it. It is pretty popular tourist destination. :goodjob:

Got it.

Yeah, especially before the highway was built, there is a high chance that you went through Makarska. It's a small town with pop around 15 000 but it at least triples during summer :)

Hmmm... What do I do now?
Assaulting Dwarves would be easy, Elves somewhat harder, but still not too hard. But neither option seems in character with us. They are both friendly towards us. What would be in character would be aiding Ljosalfarl in attacking Svartalfar and then gifting all Svarlt cities to Ljosalfarl, creating one united elven kingdom, ending the civil war and restoring stability. But that requires ships...
Another issue is that, even despite their mutual hate, both elven faction are currently at peace and have no strong desire to start a war. But I'm confident that shrewd dealings of Council can take care of that...

I'm forwarding this plan to the Amurite Senate, the question is, will it pass? ;)

I would take out the dwarves and the elves in that order. I see Valledia as much more aggresive than you do apparently :)

Hi gang, sorry for the long silence.

My impression of Valledia is that friends don't matter much in her pragmatic worldview...

Remember what she did to Einion Logos (sp?)? She basically tortured the body and soul of his wife just to get him to join the war against the infernals. I am pretty sure that there is nothing that she is unwilling to do for the right reason (including turn on her friends).
I.

The Amurites were at the peak of their power and their army at the full strength, ready to attack at any given day. There was a common consent that the army must be used somehow, somewhere, to bring even more territories under Amurite control. Common citizens were against this and they preached that the Amurites should focus on economic development and furthering prosperity, but those commoners weren't allowed to vote for the Senate anyway.

The most pressing matter on the entire Erebus, at the time, was the Elven civil war. The hostilities were ceased and the peace was lasting for the last 50 years, but the tensions never really faded. The Svartalfar were warring against Malakim, and the Ljosalfarl were never too eager to start the war. Nevertheless, their lands were separated only by few miles long strait, and the trade ships seldom sailed across it.

Some senators wanted to intervene in the war on behalf of the Summer Court, forming one strong Elven state that would be allied to Amurites, and also to restore fading Malakim kingdom to its former glory. That approach was mostly preached by senators who weren't mages, but rather merchants. They knew that in such scenario they would get many new trade opportunities, that elves would gladly open their ports to the Amurite saviors.

But Valledia had different plans. With the help of more traditional elements of the Amurite Senate- the most powerful mages, she once again subdued the indecisive Senate and declared war on the Dwarves. She needed a casus belli, and she found it in the form of Dwarven slaves, who worked in the far away Amurite lands, wastelands on the west. She claimed that the Dwarven chief Beeri Bawl is attempting to free them, violating the rightful Amurite property.

Soldiers carrying the banners with the famed Sunrise soon swarmed the Dwarven lands, and the Dwarves couldn't strand up to the Amurite power and surrendered quickly.

Soon the Erebus knew why Valledia really attacked Dwarves, as the Mages started to preform many ancient rituals around the sacred and most mysterious Odio's Prison. Her plan was to unleash the tremendous power that bound Odio and use it for the good of Amurites.

As expected, Ljosalfarl couldn't tolerate this, and made protests. Amurite armies soon marched into teir lands as well, quickly subjugating them. Soon the Winter Court remained the only elven faction. Valledia soon established two semi-autonomous protectorates, Dwarven and Elven, to sooth the populaces, but they were trully governed by the Senate. Elven Queen was dethroned, and so was the Dwarven chief.

Malakim kingdom was in great fear. If Amurites destroyed the Summer Court, then they would, no doubt, gain favor of the Winter Court. And that would mean a certain death to the already struggling Malakim kingdom. So Varn Gosam made a last ditch effort and met Valledia. He demanded a war with Svartarlfarl. Valledia refused, but agreed to make an embargo against the Winter Court, and sworn not to let Winter court unite all elves and to liberate the Malakim lands from the grasp of their sworn enemies. That gave a light of hope to the Malakim.

Still, they soon fell to the Svartalfarl armies and Varn fled to Cevedes. His people would rather live under our rule than under Svartalfarl oppression. Do Amurites need any other reason to declare another war?

Lands under Amurite Sunrise

Save. Remember, we can get troops inside borders and then declare war, since we are CoE.

Attachments

• FfH.CivBeyondSwordSave
    231.2 KB · Views: 79
Yeah, I can take it if someone kindly points me to all the stuff I need for playing. I'm completely lost with all the version numbers and patches. :help:

@Oz:

Odio's Prison has no effect, just like the Letum Frigus. It's just there for background story reason. You can read it up in the Pedia, Odio was an Angel not willing to follow the compact IIRC and as punishment was turned to stone by Kilmorph, the Godess of Earth.

Imhotep

@stuge:

You need a) BTS patch 3.17 from the CFC download page (don't use the in-game auto-patch system as it doesn't work very well for most) and b) patch "l" for FfH 0.32 from the FfH section (0.32 Bug thread first page) on CFC. And FfH 0.32 of course :D :lol: . The game itself isn't hard to play, we're cruising to victory...

·Imhotep·;7075300 said:
@Oz:

Odio's Prison has no effect, just like the Letum Frigus. It's just there for background story reason. You can read it up in the Pedia, Odio was an Angel not willing to follow the compact IIRC and as punishment was turned to stone by Kilmorph, the Godess of Earth.

Imhotep

lurker's comment: Actually, Odio's Prison offers a substantial defensive bonus to all units within three tiles. But you're right, it doesn't do much.

Top Bottom