Fall Further - The Original Thread

Reliable crashes? I'm 3 turns into the first savefile right now with nothing much happening but me realizing how poorly my computer handles the larger games :)

Must say though, this Esus interface is better than I thought it would be when I made it. Still wish those borders looked the way they did in PS...

If this is addressed to me, then yes, they're very reliable for me.

So far I've crashed every time I've played FF (against base FFH .32L); I haven't been able to complete a single game.

[to_xp]Gekko;7094116 said:
Hi there guys! I'm playing a game right now with the chislev on 41b and I see that a couple of BUG infos have been cut out for now like alignment display in the main screen or the smiley face showing you what your relations with other civs are, etc. these I don't really mind, I can happily live without for a while. but the thing that I'm really missing is the power rating display which is very useful to always know if you're gonna get your a$$ handed are you or not :D

I don't remember that being in 40c either, so I was wondering if there are any plans to add it in... oh and if somebody can tell me where I can find the power rating in the current interface, I'd be really grateful :D

edit: also, when are you releasing "patch D (Unreleased)" ? ;) looks juicy! :D

Press F9, or click on the button with a small spiky graph line to see the power display, you can choose to have it show you various different aspects of each Civ (Military, Score, Culture, GNP...)

Patch D for 041
1. Added Corpseflies promotion - reduces health in adjacent cities by 0.40 (same as Flood Plains).
2. Diseased Corpses now start with Corpseflies promotion.
3. Added People's Champion promotion - increases happiness in city by 3 when unit is garrisoned.
4. Donal Lugh now starts with People's Champion promotion.
5. Sacrifice the Weak now requires 1.5 food per citizen (increased from 1 - balance experiment)
6. Code added to allow specific Civilizations to have higher/lower/blocked rates of passive religion spread (not used yet - for Malakim and Kahdi).
7. Code added to allow goody huts to provide random amounts of beakers (or remove them) - plan to make "free full techs" much rarer at higher difficulties. (not used yet)
8. Removed all default Civ4, Warlords and Beyond the Sword "Main Menus" (background and music)
9. Implemented Fall from Heaven Menu as an actual menu choice, rather than simply overriding existing files.
10. Added a Fall Further specific main menu - you can switch back to the original using the Options menu.
11. New Graphic for Brigit
12. Elephant upgrades now handled through spell mechanic - works around the level requirement for "No AI Level Requirements".
13. AI more likely to take "Subdue" promotions for recon units (tackles the extra animals and increases the chances to tame elephants or other animals.
14. Instability promotion added (-50% combat strength)
15. Seven Pines world feature added. Moderate yields, enchantment mana, adds Instability promotion to all Angels/Demons within 2 tiles (removed once they move away).
16. FlavourMod incorporated (thanks Jean Elcard).
17. Fixed potential CtD with the Windsword spell "Bladewind".
18. Added "House of the Grey" - Sidar UB Hunting Lodge (req. Mysticism, +1 Happy with Spirit Mana, +1 Health with Shadow Mana. Normal bonuses for Fur/Deer removed).
19. Divided Soul building prereq moved back to "BUILDINGCLASS_HUNTING_LODGE" (which is now the House of the Grey).
20. Added "Buccaneer" unit - Strength 4, WeaponTier 0, Starts with Boarding, Cannot be Built.
21. Added "Buccaneer's Spirit" spell - Castable by any Lanun Naval Unit with promotion "Buccaneer Crew". Summons a Buccaneer unit (1 turn). Removes Buccaneer Crew. (note: If summoned by a HN unit, the Buccaneers are also HN - for Pirates/Black Wind)

===

Should be the last patch before FF042 and FfH 033 - a lot of new content so let us know what's working well and what isn't.

By the way, the problem I had with cities not having graphics, and other messed up graphics. The Broken Lands map is not compatible with this Mod :)

In general, are Maps made for FfH not usable by FF? I know the new Civs won't be in FfF maps, I was trying because I wanted to see the new features in FF...

To be clear for you Elm, map scripts are compatible (the randomly generated maps you select when starting a new game) but pre-made maps (scenarios) would not have the FF civs.

Found python exception

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 153
Absolutely amazing work on fall from heaven and fall further mod. I can not believe that i enjoyed these mods more than even the expansion BTS from Firaxis. Maybe because i like the RPG and the fiction setting more than the technological later era.

Outstanding work guys, i wish you all the best from one of your biggest fan. By the way playing Fall from further have killed 1 of my RAM modules :D

cheer

TXT_KEY_EVENT_SIGN_TALI_AUSTRIN (Pegasus constellation) not linked properly.

I compared a map that works (ZomgErebus) with Broken Lands. There is a difference. Broken Lands, for Sandalalphon, for example has:

ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_ASIAN

while in the other

ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_CIVILIZED

So, apparently changing the ArtStyles in premade maps is necessary if you want to use them in FF.

By the way, waning a Divided Soul works well (as I am sure you tested this out yourself). The summons die the next turn, and cannot cast their spell after the Divided Soul joins a city.

Vehem said:
Any idea what Unit was lost to trigger that?

Not a clue, was 18 turns into the game and i had not lost anything yet.

edit: another strange thing, when the barbarians appears, there was a message about the barbarian civilization being destroyed.

I compared a map that works (ZomgErebus) with Broken Lands. There is a difference. Broken Lands, for Sandalalphon, for example has:

ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_ASIAN

while in the other

ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_CIVILIZED

So, apparently changing the ArtStyles in premade maps is necessary if you want to use them in FF.

That makes sense - though not sure why they'd want to enforce an artstyle on a specific map for FfH - without FF, all the non-religious city art styles are pretty much the same.

The War Elephant sprite for the Cualli is a little bigger than it probably ought to be. It's not that I mind riding around on a giant triceratops to smite my foes, but I'd like to be able to select units in adjacent squares.

The War Elephant sprite for the Cualli is a little bigger than it probably ought to be. It's not that I mind riding around on a giant triceratops to smite my foes, but I'd like to be able to select units in adjacent squares.

I think there should just be a function to have the Tric-ops automatically eat units in adjacent squares when selected.

CTD after tree-four turns from this save.

Dunno why. But seems unavoidable. Probably some AI does something that crashes all, maybe some wonder or sth.

Using latest FfH2 + almost latest Fall Further (D patch missing).

Save file:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7097934&postcount=1682

Will test the save sometime soonish, but right now I don't have the old version on my computer anymore, so I'll have to dig it up from the archives (just did a fresh re-install last night)

Top Bottom