Solver's unofficial BtS 3.17 patch

That's not quite right. You simply don't include the Promotions.xml file that's included with this patch.

Well, technically that's the same as modifying the promotions XML file back to how it was. :D

next official patch I would like to see tanks can have barrage but their max collateral damage is 50% of the defenders power. or other limit that makes other collateral damage options still things to think about. (this keeps a 2 movement collateral damage unit in that time but also limits it too with other better available options if you sacrificed speed)

Sorry if I'm being stupid but don't these two points conflict?

If I install this patch will my tanks (unmodded) be able to access barrage?

Solver's patch disables barrage tanks... Dresden's patch to solver's patch makes it an installable option. I use Dresden's patch since it also fixes the nasty AI trade attitude bug...

I appreciate the support, but the tank XML change was an installable option on Solver's earlier releases too; and grumbler is the one to thank for that since he provided the installer. ;)

I noticed this weekend that in Team-Games, the # of turns for unhappiness left after whipping pop does not show up in the city view, so you have to keep guessing. I"m not sure where the culprit is in that.. I also could have sworn the F9-Wonders list didn't show a world wonder having being built yet, so I whipped a wonder to completion, only to find myself lose to a tie on the next turn. Hmmm.....

One question I have, since you can't really play online without having everything under locked assets by default, is there an easy to to switch between the official 3.17 patch, and Solver's 3.17? They are compatible offline without a problem, but online everyone has to have the EXACT same version.

@Minmaster: see RefuseAttitudeThresholds not working ???

@obsolete: Probably the best way is to install Solver's using the MOD option; grumbler's installer makes it easy to do. That way your Assets folder will remain unchanged and you can play MP with the official patch in effect.

That's also the recommended approach for people who want to play with the HoF mod for HoF submissions or GOTM games since those games require locked modified assets too.

Hmm, I'll take a look at that. One thing else I noticed is what when you look at the Advanced --> Build info, it doesn't tell the user much about the patch. Actually, it makes it look like it wasn't even patched at all since it only reccords the official stuff.. I don't know if this is something you may want to change in the future, or if it doesn't belong in there anyhow.

Solver had originally made the call not to add any versioning info and I have gone along with it. But it can be kinda confusing, especially now that I've made a release beyond what he had done, so it seems like we should have something so that people can easily identify it. Most likely what I will probably do for my next release is add a version string to the hover text of the flag on the main interface. That way we'd have some built-in version information and the Build Info from the menu would remain unaltered.

The idea for this kind of version info comes from the Better AI mod. Here is a screenshot provided by grumbler when he suggested we go this way.

I noticed this weekend that in Team-Games, the # of turns for unhappiness left after whipping pop does not show up in the city view, so you have to keep guessing. I"m not sure where the culprit is in that..

That's never been possible in the default game. If you want that sort of information you'll need to use the BUG mod.

Ahh, but the problem is, that BuG mod doesn't work in Team Games! Ahah!

Anyhow, today I went and installed Solver's patch AS a mod. However, reinstalling the official patch over my game doesn't revert to the original patch as default. I had to totally re-install the game for that. Sorta similar with Bhruics, in once you applied the un-official patch you couldn't simply revert back to the original easy.

But now it's fixed (I hope). I so I'll use the Mod load when ever I want Solver's to kick in.

I had to totally re-install the game for that. Sorta similar with Bhruics, in once you applied the un-official patch you couldn't simply revert back to the original easy.

This is why the instructions for both unofficial patches recommend that you first rename CvGameCoreDLL.dll to something else. This is the only file in the patches that must be put into Assets instead of CustomAssets. Reverting is simply a matter of deleting CustomAssets and the new DLL and renaming your original DLL back.

In a recent game I got suddenly the
"you have declared war on XXX" message, even though I did not do it proactively.

I was at war with another AI but it was in a game with "no vassals", so it could not be due to the AI I was at war with surrendering to another one.

I reloaded the game and moved the a.m. naval units one step away and the event did not occur again.

The only think I can think of is that I had some naval units at the AI's cultural border, and that when the AI's cultural border expanded, my units where inside the AI's cultural border without a "open border agreement" with the AI, having me declare war without me intending to.

Should it not be that when a cultural border expends, the units are automatically "pushed back" without declaring war ?

I cant post any replay or saves, because this happened while I was replaying for the x time (I have already submitted before replaying) BOTM09.

did something like this happen to anybody else ?

:confused:

Should it not be that when a cultural border expends, the units are automatically "pushed back" without declaring war ?

This just happened to me while testing some new BUG features today. I can verify that if a rival's borders expand, your units are pushed back without a DoW.

For land units I saw it many times, but how about naval units ? did you test this ?

If this is not the cause, what else could have happened ?

In the turn change just got the message, "you declared war on" ...

For land units I saw it many times, but how about naval units ? did you test this ?

It was a land unit, and I wasn't testing this at all. I just happened to notice it because it pushed my unit to the opposite side of their territory, and I thought that was odd. It did, however, move it to my side of their territory, which is probably why.

If this is not the cause, what else could have happened ?

In the turn change just got the message, "you declared war on" ...

Did you have a Defensive Pact with another civ that was attacked? Other than that or vassalage (which you said was not the case), I can't think of another valid explanation.

A common habbit is when hitting CTRL while clicking on a leaders name, is to accidently hit Alt instead, which insta DoW's on a player. Happened to me so many times I stopped doing the shortcut.

Anyhow, this bug reminds me of an old one that did crop up recently with the Great Wall.

Alright, we know it's impossible for a barb to attack your city when you have this wonder, but...

If a barb is near your city AND you just happen to pop borders, AND the new border over-laps the tile the barb is on, then that barb does get to do a city attack during that turn.

I'm not sure if this is always the case, or a one in a hundred quirky shot things...

It's rare so I don't fuss about it.

Hi, Solver!

Do you plan to nerf the cash overflow (described in detail by vale here), e.g. by making it base hammers only? This solution will still allow to slack on overflow management, not losing it like in vanilla, though prevent people from abusing the mechanics to gain excess cash.

I coulda sworn it already is base hammers only. When i look in my city screen it will say 25 gold from hammers and i'll have base 25 hammers... so it's already that way.

I changed over to the Mod version of Solver's, unfortunately this causes problems online. Every time I load the mod, lobby games refuse to show up. And if I start a lobby game, no one can join. Hmmm.

And to think, online players are so paranoid of tampered files... I think they need not worry.

Top Bottom