Superpowers NES

USSA will have a hard time finding reasons to severe relations with a country on the other side of the globe.

USSA will have a hard time finding reasons to severe relations with a country on the other side of the globe.
OOC: Uh, hello? Communist dictatorships don't need silly things like reason or logic. Those simply weigh us down!

OOC: There's something called "logistics" ;) Communist USA simply does not have the same resources as Democratic and Crusaderly USA.

OOC: It doesn't matter, we're just yelling and spitting at you. Mean words, no substance.

OOC: We will see in the update, won't we? ;)

@Whoever is China Right Now: The Southern Army should have Jungle Specialization since 2 turns ago. Go bother Jason; I've given up trying few weeks ago.

From the Estados Unidos del Latin America
To the International Community

Recognize us. We're winning.

@Whoever is China Right Now: The Southern Army should have Jungle Specialization since 2 turns ago. Go bother Jason; I've given up trying few weeks ago.

Lies!!! ;)

Hey Jason, I have good reason to believe that I was about to pay for something that I didn't but would have but then again was paid for anyway!

Hey Jason, I have good reason to believe that I was about to pay for something that I didn't but would have but then again was paid for anyway!

That's some confusing trash.

Nein! Nicht gut! Sie posten die updaten! Schneller!

OOC: Kidding of course. A bit of alcohol and boring work does it to you.

Vietnam is not in a bad position. Pay off the debt little by little and you should be fine.

If you want to PM Warman, he may be dropping out. If he doesn't send orders next turn, South Africa will be free.

I will update the front page soon, including the people who have joined and the new updated rules.

I want to send orders but you still haven't responded to my question about lost treasury.

Jason, how do we make elite special ops? You haven't really posted any rules for them on your front page.

Jason, how do we make elite special ops? You haven't really posted any rules for them on your front page.

As a rule in a NES one cannot premeditate everything. This is where game flexibility and player imagination come into play.
If you want special ops you can buy/recruit a certain amount of infantry or other troops and put them into a separate army. You need to specialize the whole army for a special terrain for 10c (for example desert or forest) and you must raise the training of your troops to Elite if you so wish by paying 4x fold for their training.

SUPERPOWERS

UPDATE FIVE
May, 2030

INTERNATIONAL FRONT PAGE

HEADLINES

OCEANIA OCCUPIES SAMOA, MICRONESIA Apia, Oceania
Oceania continues its conquest of the Pacific Ocean with the invasions of the island chains of Samoa and Micronesia, both peaceful nations that have had little to do with the international scene. Oceania, however, values control of the Pacific and has made it a goal to conquer the entirety of it. The Federated States were a quick conquer, the massive power of Force B, equipped with the most advanced RADAR in the world, quickly subdued the entirety of the chain before the 47 Mech Division even set foot on ground. Samoa, faced with a smaller force, was able to give the 2 West Pac regiment some resistance upon landing, destroying one infantry division.

JAPANESE GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER, SEES GAINS IN S. KOREA Tokyo, Japanese Empire
In a surprising turn of events, the Japanese have finally got their act together, created the 2nd National Army shrouded in secrecy, and struck at the South Korean underbelly, the west coast at the city of Uljin. Threatening to be surrounded, the South Korean army had to pull out of the southern portion of the peninsula to meet the threat of this new army. The Japanese then sent orders for the First National Army to strike north at the retreating South Koreans, completing a flanking move that devastated much of the Korea forces. Chonju and Pohang have fallen to the Japanese, leaving only on major city, that of Seoul and its sister port city, Inchon, under South Korean control. Facing near obliteration as Japanese air strikes decimate the two cities, the South Koreans send out pleas to all corners of the globe, asking for aid against the marauding Japanese. Special envoys have been dispatched to Russia and the Pampas, the two stronger democratic countries, for help.

RUSSIA HOLDS CENTRAL ASIAN CONFERENCE Almaty, Kazakhstan
With mounting anxiety due to the Chinese invasion of Kyrgyzstan, the Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, and of course Russia meet in Almaty to discuss future plans for this often-overlooked region of the world. Topics included a combined policy towards China, economic development, and common defense. While little was accomplished at this first conference, there arose three clear leaders of the Central Asian world in that of the nations of Russia, Kazakhstan, and Afghanistan. The most major deal brokered at the meeting was a combined effort in sending aid, including but not limited to humanitarian aid, to Kyrgyzstan in their resistance against the Chinese.

EUROPEANS ADD MACEDONIA TO UNION, HUNGARY NEAR CAPITULATION Skopje, EU
EU forces make quick work of the Macedonian army, whose thinly-spread forces and outdated weapons were no match to the well trained regulars of the First Motorized. Skopje fell in a matter of days since the beginning of the invasion, perhaps a new record for the ferocious EU force. As the Motorized set in to occupation mode, though, a wave of terrorist attacks from a group called Liberate Europe Now, or LEN, destroyed an artillery battery just outside the capital. Further intelligence on the group reveals them operating out of several former-European states, including Spain, Albania, and Poland. Meanwhile, the European First Armored strikes into Hungary, defeating the Hungarian guard at the Battle of Szeged, and taking Budapest before the end of the month. There is still more fighting to be had in Hungary, though, as resistance forces regroup in the northern provinces, striking periodically at the First Armored, even destroying mech infantry division.

CHINESE SOUTHERN ARMY BREAKS SOUTH, ATROCITIES ABOUND New Delhi, India
The Chinese Southern Army, running dangerously low on ammunition and other supplies, punched through to the south, defeating Burmese forces at the Battle of Nay Pyi Taw and proceeding to the southern coast where the fleet remains waiting. Meanwhile in the skies the Indians and Chinese are still fighting to see which air force remains dominant. During this month, though, the Chinese have taken a huge hit as the Indians pump up production of fighter squadrons that have finally gotten the edge on the Chinese. The Southern and Northern Air Corps are finally becoming recessive, as a bomber squadron and 2 fighter squadrons have been shot down this month, in response to only 2 Indian fighters being shot down. The Indian army, though, is also taking casualties chasing the Chinese into Burma, both from the Burmese and from residual Chinese forces and traps. Two infantry have already been destroyed.

PAMPAS RENAMED TO EULA, STRIKES MONUMENTAL VICTORY AGAINST BRAZILIAN FORCES Tubarao, EULA
The new nation of Estados Unidos de Latin America has been established, replacing the Republic of the Pampas, and symbolizing the Argentinean quest for complete domination of Latin America. And this month, the Estados Unidos came that much closer to accomplishing their goal. Their only major rival in South America, Brazil, has suffered a huge defeat this year, with the almost complete destruction of the Brazilian First Army, which has been surrounded and cut off from supplies for more then 2 months now. As Brazil’s second army moved closer, a few elements were able to escape, including 2 armored battalions, but the second army was soon forced to withdraw upon the arrival of the EULA 3rd Legion. And thus, the heavy fighting and bombardment of Belo Horizonte came to an end, the citizens there finally able to exhale. As the remaining Brazilian 2nd Army retreats north to Salvador to resupply and regroup, the EULA 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Legions prepare for what will surely be one of the greatest victories for any nation in South America. In the battles of this month, the 1st Legion suffered an armored division and 3 infantry divisions, while the air remains largely in Brazilian hands (even though they have limited bombardment capabilities), each side losing a fighter squadron.

UIS FORCES DEFEAT ETHIOPIA, TAKES ADDIS ABABA Addis Ababa, UIS
With genetically superior troops, and a whole lot of ‘em, the UIS overruns the last defending Ethiopians with superior air cover and speed. The capital of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, was perhaps the most difficult battle of the campaign, requiring heavy bombardment and a full three pushes to finally take the city. Ethiopians are notorious for their resistance to foreign invasions, and in this battle alone 2 infantry divisions and a gunship were destroyed by the defenders. The rest of the campaign consisted of small skirmishes and guerilla warfare. The Islamic forces suffered 2 more infantry division casualties from Army One, but were finally able to subdue the country. Oddly enough though, after the Addis Ababa battle the Mighty Fist of Allah Who Crushes The Infidel withdrew from its position in the Red Sea to go through the Suez Canal and meet take up position along the North Africa coast.

AS USSA REINFORCES FRONT, CUBA FALLS Havana, USSA
The First Armored arrived late this month to reinforce the First Motorized in Cuba, overrunning most of the remaining defenses here with minor casualties (2 infantry). Though the USSA may have extended its empire, its forces remain comparatively weak to the rest of the world, and the citizens, now adjusted to aggressive war, clamor for an upgrade to their armed forces.

SHORT CLIPS

OCEANIA EQUIPS ALL FORCES WITH ADVANCED RADAR

RUSSIAN PEOPLE PUT SYMPATHIES WITH THE SOUTH KOREANS

NIGERIAN FORCES CONQUER GHANA IN THREE WEEKS

LATVIANS RATIFY TREATY OF ST. PETERSBURG

RUSSIA DEMANDS CHINESE WITHDRAWAL FROM KYRGYZSTAN, MONGOLIA, AND BURMA

INDONESIA GUARANTEES INDEPENDENCE OF CAMBODIA, VIETNAMESE PROTEST

UNPARALLED FORCE RESULTED IN THE OVERUNNING OF ZAMBIA BY PRSA TROOPS

NOTES

*Masada, by Laos I assumed you meant Cambodia, since Laos is already owned by Vietnam.

*Flyingchicken, you had no way of getting those reinforcements to the southern army, as it was cut off. I put the money in your treasury.

*Gelion you need a bomber for that, not a fighter/bomber.

*Following this post will be many rule additions and addendums. Be sure to read that as well.

Attachments

• Superpowers5.PNG
    Superpowers5.PNG
    264.4 KB · Views: 159
RULE ADDITIONS

Spoiler Past Rules Additions :

*FOR FUTURE NOTICE: you cannot use debt spending to fund research. Debt spending can only be used for troop increases/upkeep.
*This is regarding borrowing money, e.g. going to deficit in your treasury. Some of you have already done this, and it is encouraged to get your nation going, but I realize there is a hole that needs to be plugged. Most of the rules regarding deficit spending stands except for the limit of which you can borrow. Instead of a 100c max for all nations no matter what, each nation can now only borrow as much as 3 x (y), where y is the income of your nation. So, for example, if the USSA has an income of 25, it can only go into deficit up to 75c. Going over this will result in revolution.

New Units Added to the Front Page: Marines and Paratroopers. These are good for certain situations, which should be obvious.

In addition to arctic, alpine, desert, tropic, and forest specializations, you may now also specialize your armies in either Aerial Assault or Amphibious Assault. While you may drop your armies from your planes (which are included in any air force wing, you don’t need special units), they will have less losses should they be specialized. Furthermore, they will perform much better if they also have paratrooper divisions within the army. Same goes for amphibious assaults with marines. Please be aware if your armies have clunky weapons, like armored battalions and artillery, then air dropping is going to be rather difficult and perhaps costly to your troops. Best bet for paradropping is creating an army made just for that, with mostly infantry or mechanized infantry. Same goes for amphibious assaults, if you’re invading especially a player country it might be best to have a division of marines and infantry to secure a beachhead before bringing in the heavy machines.

And remember, you have to keep your armies together. No paradropping just the infantry divisions of an army with armored and artillery units as well.

--------------------------

There is also a terrorism element to this game. Conducting a terrorist action requires the creation of a terrorist network (for simplicity sake, you cannot contact an already-established network). To create one, you must pay 20c and give me the name of it and where it operates (country, and main city). You must also keep your terrorist network funded, 3c a turn per terrorist group, which you must remember to pay each turn yourself because I cannot put it in your stats. You pay more, your terrorists become more effective.

You can have it operate out of anywhere, including neutral and other player countries. I will keep these networks secret. You can then order missions to take place, which will be listed on the front page, for the country in which the terrorists are based. To expand the network so that you may have them operate in other countries, you must pay 10c and tell me the country/city name.

Terrorist groups can be destroyed by player nations if they find out where the group is and then assaulting the bases. To find out where the bases are, you can spend a little each turn researching and scouting for it.

You may have a maximum of 5 terrorist groups.

EDIT: Front page should be updated. If there is anything missing, let me know.

Treaty of San Salvador
  • The Estados Unidos del Latin America and the Mexican Empire agree to undertake no offensive or aggressive action, or action normally considered to be of that nature, against each other for a period of one year, starting June 3rd, 2030.
  • The Estados Unidos del Latin America and the Mexican Empire recognize the sovereignty and independence of the Republic of Panama, and agree to guarantee that nation's continued territorial integrity into the future.
  • This treaty, on expiration, can be renewed at the agreement of both the Estados Unidos del Latin America and the Mexican Empire.

Signed,
Presidente-General Astartes Sandrez of the EULA

Top Bottom