FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

I have the pause before end turn-option on, and didn't press end turn between exploring the lair and being defeated. Nor did I get the opportunity to do so, as I was instantly defeated. I haven't read about or experienced that any units have the ability to move during somebody elses turn, aside from retreats.

If an enemy unit spawns on a city square, it kicks the defender's units (if any) out and autotakes the city.

On three occasions I have recieved the "enraged" promotion from a lair. In all three cases my unit turned into a barbarian on the next turn. The promotion says a 3% chance of converting. Am I just having terrible luck or is the calculation working right?

Kolath, I find the odds/percentages in FFH to be off in some areas and I think you hit on one of them. Another is the stated withdrawal/fleeing rate given which is much lower than the actual rate. I supposed there are some confounding variables that skew the stated rates we don't know about. ;)

Anyway, I have found the same thing as you - Enraged units have a 100% chance of turning barbarian and I just don't believe that 3% per turn chance. If I get an Enraged unit I just either send it out to be killed or try to keep an eye on it so I can kill it when it turns.

Kolath, I find the odds/percentages in FFH to be off in some areas and I think you hit on one of them. Another is the stated withdrawal/fleeing rate given which is much lower than the actual rate. I supposed there are some confounding variables that skew the stated rates we don't know about.

There is something wrong with scorpion clan goblins attack strength (or I have greate unluck) - I had 3 pyre zombies with bronzon weapon on hill (so strength 4 + 0.5 from fire damage(orcs are 50% immune to fire) + 25% from hill + 35%(or something) from crossing river, immune to poison damage), and they were killed by 3 scorpion clan goblins without any promotion and injured by fire damage :/ The same thing was with my skelleton (immune to poison damage too)- he was in city on mountain and had 98% chance to kill sc goblin in attack, but when sc goblin attaked him, my skelleton lost the battle.

Patch "f": (unreleased)
2. Great People won't get immortality from Blood of the Phoenix.

Perhaps animals (spiders, bears, etc) that can be used to create things like spider pens should also not get immortality?

Fighting a war with the Sidar:

Most of their units are immune to command except Rathus Denmora who I was able to capture. Shouldn't he be immune like the apparent majority of Sidar units.

The guardsman promotion doesn't work. royal guards could not defend against marksman.
also i captured a priest of leaves with command and upgraded him to an eidolon.
This eidolon could raise 5 tigers.

"CTD's after Turn 239:

Test game - Settler difficulty, Duel world size

Save file attached."

Note: I can no longer post the same save file in this thread as it was already posted in another thread with the title (Constant CTD's in Late Games); the attachment system kept preventing me from attaching the same file.

So I am going to direct you to the thread post itself with the save file for this bug thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7351265&postcount=23

The post with the save file has the same message as the beginning of this post.

PS: And oh, I also wanted to attach the .dmp (normal dump) file when the CTD error occurred in this case, but the attachment system does not allow that extension. So I hope the save file itself is enough for you to pinpoint the CTD error source. Good luck, and happy modding; great job on this one! ;)

Kolath, I find the odds/percentages in FFH to be off in some areas and I think you hit on one of them. Another is the stated withdrawal/fleeing rate given which is much lower than the actual rate. I supposed there are some confounding variables that skew the stated rates we don't know about. ;)

agreed that withdrawal seems to have higher actual chances than the ones stated onscreen...

.34d

This is the same game that I made reference to in post 401. By saving every turn and reloading I've brought it to a point where it crashes every turn. I would imagine this file to be more helpful than my previous post.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    282.4 KB · Views: 50
Playing as Mahala/Doviello I am unable to build Beastmasters. I have Iron, built a Grove, and researched Animal Mastery. The Civilopedia seems to say I can build Beastmasters, but no dice.

It's been awhile since I played Doviello and I might have missed a change, but I'm pretty sure when I researched Animal Mastery it said it would allow Beastmasters. :confused:

I think Blight's broken again.

It gave me ~60 unhealth in all my cities

It's losing 3 unhealth per turn - same as the number of civs on my continent

All the other civs on my continent are unaffected, but all the civs on the OTHER landmass are sick and losing people.

Save attached

Attachments

• FFH1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    349 KB · Views: 55
Playing as Mahala/Doviello I am unable to build Beastmasters. I have Iron, built a Grove, and researched Animal Mastery. The Civilopedia seems to say I can build Beastmasters, but no dice.

It's been awhile since I played Doviello and I might have missed a change, but I'm pretty sure when I researched Animal Mastery it said it would allow Beastmasters. :confused:

You have one of the scenario flags set to disable t4 units. Open up your victory screen and then click settings to see what game options you have on.

You can unselect it by loading fall further and unselecting the custom game options. Course that doesnt help you with this game. If you want to recover this game the best option is to export the game to a worldbuilder save, use a text editor to remove the game option that block t4 units, then reload that worldbuilder save.

[to_xp]Gekko;7354329 said:
agreed that withdrawal seems to have higher actual chances than the ones stated onscreen...

Did a quick test, of 20 Chariots vs 20 Phalanxes.

Win odds: .1%
Withdraw: 24.9

Of the 20 Charriots attacking, exactly 5 withdrew (25%).

Oddly, when I reversed the situation, and had the phalanxes attack, and did 40 iterations, not a single chariot retreated. Do withdrawing units no longer do so on defense?

.34d

This is the same game that I made reference to in post 401. By saving every turn and reloading I've brought it to a point where it crashes every turn. I would imagine this file to be more helpful than my previous post.

No crash for me. Are you running on Vista?

Patch "f" is linked in the first post. It wont break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Held promotion no longer gives -50% strength (since I use it for more than just trapped units).
2. Great People won't get immortality from Blood of the Phoenix.
3. Fixed an issue with the Wrath Armageddon event, it wasn't correctly causing units to become enraged.
4. Fixed an issue that would cause armageddon events to trigger twice on human players (double effected blight, apoclypse, etc).
5. Performance improvements on large maps (especially in single player games).

No crash for me. Are you running on Vista?

I am. I've never had OS related problems before. How odd. I'll tweak a few settings and see what I can do.

Perhaps there are other Vista users out there who might try out my save and see if any settings/configurations they have do the trick? Feel free to message me with any suggestions. Thanks.

I am. I've never had OS related problems before. How odd. I'll tweak a few settings and see what I can do.

Perhaps there are other Vista users out there who might try out my save and see if any settings/configurations they have do the trick? Feel free to message me with any suggestions. Thanks.

Yeah, Id love to hear if other Vista users are able to reproduce your crashes.

If that is the case, they are really hard problems for me to troubleshoot since I dont have Vista. But we've tackled a few issues like that before. Vista is a lot less tolerant of improper calls than XP is. So a command that XP ignores without incident can causes crashes on Vista.

Issue from patch C which persists in patch F:

My mages (with Channeling II) aren't getting the "free" 1st- and 2nd- tier spells from the mana types that I have three of. They have them for earth mana, but not for Law; I built the Law nodes much later, but should that make a difference? Should the automatic spells show up next time they promote?

I was under the impression that gaining access to the nodes in question makes this work automatically, within a turn or two of gaining access to the Nodes. This is happening both for mages who have purchased Law I (from before I had 3 nodes) and those who have not.

Attachments

• EricKei AD-0342-mages.CivBeyondSwordSave
    471.7 KB · Views: 37
Issue from patch C which persists in patch F:

My mages (with Channeling II) aren't getting the "free" 1st- and 2nd- tier spells from the mana types that I have three of. They have them for earth mana, but not for Law; I built the Law nodes much later, but should that make a difference? Should the automatic spells show up next time they promote?

I was under the impression that gaining access to the nodes in question makes this work automatically, within a turn or two of gaining access to the Nodes. This is happening both for mages who have purchased Law I (from before I had 3 nodes) and those who have not.

No, they only check when they upgrade. So when you make them into mages they will check again and get any applicable free promotions.

Top Bottom