City Graphics: English (single era)

RedAlert

Love one another
My first set in over a year: medieval English cities. Enjoy! :)

PCX Graphics of the Month (October 2008)

This city set was voted PCX graphics of the month in the October 2008 competition. Thanks everyone! :goodjob:

----------------------

If you're looking for other English cities from the middle ages,
Varwnos has created a beautiful British city set, which can be found here. :)

----------------------
Files

1) English Cities

Preview:

Download: link

2) Alternate Walls for English Cities

Preview:

Download:

Attachments

• Alternate Walls for English Cities by RedAlert.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 160
Thanks RE. :) Lemme see..does that make the third brit isles set?

I say! Those little details are extremely nice to see. I am particularly fond of the fount square. :)

Thanks RE. :) Lemme see..does that make the third brit isles set?
That's correct. Varwnos just released one and Pounder is working on one.

Absolutely great !!! Excellent cities !!! :)

Thank you very much!

You're still the best Red!

Aw, thanks! :smug:

:goodjob:I like your buildings, they are clean, they actually have windows and doors.:goodjob:

Contrast that with the Firaxis cities, which tend to be darker and more roughly defined. I try to avoid that, though at the same time I like my buildings to be able to fit in with the Firaxis ones. I think a achieved a good balance here.

Brilliant! :D

Thank you. :)

Nice to have you back producing:goodjob:

It's nice to have actually released a new city set! Hopefully there's more to come soon.

I say! Those little details are extremely nice to see. I am particularly fond of the fount square. :)

I sometimes have difficulty making the little details so they look good at civ scale, but I'm glad that things worked out well here.

Great graphics indeed.

Would it be ok if I put a link to your british set in the first post? When I make city graphics of a similar theme to a set someone just released, I like to link to theirs as a way of saying "If these [culture name] cities aren't what you're looking for, try here".

Nice work, especially the metro sized city. :goodjob::)

Would it be ok if I put a link to your british set in the first post? When I make city graphics of a similar theme to a set someone just released, I like to link to theirs as a way of saying "If these [culture name] cities aren't what you're looking for, try here".

You can do that, sure :)

May I ask one thing of you, though? I wanted to use your Incan cities for my little mod because they can pass off as both Mesoamerican and Incan, but they do not appear in game. Could you remedy this and, if you have time, make them era-specific?

Well, I'm curious as to what cities you are referring to, given that I've never 'officialy' released any Incan cities. If you could post the file(s) you are using, I could take a look for you. :)

I regret to say that I can't take up your request, at least not at the moment. I'm pretty much swamped with projects right now. However, I'm planning on getting back to work full time on my Mesoamerican mod within the next few months, and it might not be out of my way to make those cities era-specific then. Would that be okay?

Top Bottom