[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

The contact crash was in v1.6. Did you download v1.7 yet? As there was a problem with Civ Customiser causing the contact crash. I removed it from 1.7.

Dale,

I have reviewed the python code in DCM ver 1.6 and discovered there were numerous indentation errors. It is easy to find them if you use "Notepad++" as an editor. I just love that editor.

I use DCM ver 1.6 in Orion's Challenge and I do not experience the contact crash at all. It was the DLL changes made in ver 1.6 that fixed the contact crash, not the Civ customizer. However, I did fix all of the indentation errors first, which could have resolved other bugs/problems.

Bottom line here is: Orion's Challenge can play a bug free game, with the customizer intact.

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Dale,

I have reviewed the python code in DCM ver 1.6 and discovered there were numerous indentation errors. It is easy to find them if you use "Notepad++" as an editor. I just love that editor.

I use DCM ver 1.6 in Orion's Challenge and I do not experience the contact crash at all. It was the DLL changes made in ver 1.6 that fixed the contact crash, not the Civ customizer. However, I did fix all of the indentation errors first, which could have resolved other bugs/problems.

Bottom line here is: Orion's Challenge can play a bug free game, with the customizer intact.

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

You included the other changes from 1.6 to 1.7? :)

I have a question that I hope Dale or maybe somebody else could anwser. Is it possible to use the pushMission command from within Python to make a unit do a range bombardment attack?

I Tried doing this:

group.pushMission(MissionTypes.MISSION_RBOMBARD, 24, 18, 0, False, False, MissionAITypes.NO_MISSIONAI, plot, unit)

and I get an error saying that MissionTypes doesn't have the attribute MISSION_RBOMBARD.
Using gc.getInfoTypeForString("MISSION_RBOMBARD") doesn't work either. Does antbody have any ideas?

Has anyone tried to merge the MainInterface file for this mod with the one from the BUG mod? I don't really want to play without BUG anymore but so far I haven't had much luck being able to integrate other changes into that file. BUG just won't display any interface at all.

@Willem
Just download RevolutionDCM below and turn off Revolutions and IDW and you will get DCM with Bug.
Cheers.

Thanks. Actually that Revolutions looks kind of interesting as well. I'll have to take a look at that one. Does it also incorporate Solver's and Dresden's patches?

Never mind, I see that it does. As well as the Better AI mod. This is looking more interesting all the time.

PS: My God, this is looking really good so far. I don't think I like starting out with 20 civs in the game though. Not only do I have two neighbours right on my doorstep but my turn times are already taking a bit of time. I'd hate to think what it will be like at the end of the game if there are the full 34 civs in play.

I posted this over at the Ninjas Merged Mods thread as well, but i thought id post it here as well as it seems to be the cause of the bug. In short, my catapults are unable to bombard the cultural defense of an enemy city if they are in my territory at the time. Once i move them into the enemy territory, they are able to.

I don't know if you are aware of this yet, but i am not inclined to read 40 pages to find out.
Great work by the way, love the bombard functionality :).

Bombardment bug:

DCM version 1.7 unfortunately has a bug, which makes it impossible to bombard cities from friendly territory. For you modders and merges who compile your own code, here is the fix:

Open CvGame.cpp. Do a search for "fix". You will get to this point:

Code:
bool CvUnit::bombard()
{
	CvPlot* pPlot = plot();
	if (!canBombard(pPlot))
	{
		return false;
	}

CvCity* pBombardCity = bombardTarget(pPlot);
	FAssertMsg(pBombardCity != NULL, "BombardCity is not assigned a valid value");

// Dale - RB: Bug [B][COLOR="Blue"]Fix[/COLOR][/B] START
	if (pBombardCity != NULL)
	{
		CvPlot* pTargetPlot = pPlot; //pBombardCity->plot();

You need to change this line:

Code:

To this:

Code:
CvPlot* pTargetPlot = pBombardCity->plot();

That's it. Recompile and go. I suspect Dale's reference to "fix" was another bug he fixed, and inadvertently introduced another one.

I've got a problem greating scenarios with this mod. If you place the Manhattan Project in a city and then save in the worldbuilder as a scenario, it won't activate nukes. It seems that the Manhattan project has to be build ingame in the sceanrio itself otherwise no nukes are activated (no "Manhattan Project needed" in the building browser, but gray unit button for ICBM and nukebomber). Any ideas how to solve the problem so that nukes can be build at the beginning of a scenario?

When i attack a city with a group of units, after a few seconds of battle animation the game crash. The city is defended with another group of units. I can not attack a city with a group of units if that group is large (10+ units). I played in hot seat, 2 players (me and me).

I try to merge dale combat mod into thomas' war mod with winmerge but the end-turn button disapear and archery bombard button do nothing when i push it. I opened every file and compare with thomas' war files with winmerge and i copied the new files that i didn't find into thomas' and nothing happened. The mod was opening, i found a new city, i research archery and i build an archer and i realized the archery range bombard button does not function at all.

I found an additional bug in connection with nukes (see post #813): Bomb shelters can never be built. They are always "gray" in the cities building browser. This bug might also be linked to the new Manhattan Project...

Bombardment bug:

DCM version 1.7 unfortunately has a bug, which makes it impossible to bombard cities from friendly territory. For you modders and merges who compile your own code, here is the fix:

Open CvGame.cpp. Do a search for "fix". You will get to this point:

Code:
bool CvUnit::bombard()
{
	CvPlot* pPlot = plot();
	if (!canBombard(pPlot))
	{
		return false;
	}

CvCity* pBombardCity = bombardTarget(pPlot);
	FAssertMsg(pBombardCity != NULL, "BombardCity is not assigned a valid value");

// Dale - RB: Bug [B][COLOR="Blue"]Fix[/COLOR][/B] START
	if (pBombardCity != NULL)
	{

You need to change this line:

Code:

To this:

Code:
CvPlot* pTargetPlot = pBombardCity->plot();

That's it. Recompile and go. I suspect Dale's reference to "fix" was another bug he fixed, and inadvertently introduced another one.

I cannot find the code in the CvGame.cpp that you mentioned Ninja.
Even if I search the word "bombard" no search results are found.

Please help!!!

I downloaded this mod on my computer that is running Vista and when I tried to go into the XML file to change the settings and when I click the save button I get the following error: "Cannot create the (Insert path here) Make sure the path and file names are correct." I figured, "alright no problem" but when I click "OK" it brings up the "Save As" window, when I click "save" I get the overwrite message, I click "sure why not" and then the process starts all over again. The level of annoyance is slightly below "Rabid Chimpanzee in your Room" but higher than "Pulling Apart Cotton Near One's Ear" Help por favor!

I cannot find the code in the CvGame.cpp that you mentioned Ninja.
Even if I search the word "bombard" no search results are found.

Please help!!!

I'm sorry. I don't think I can explain it more clear than what I have already written.

Top Bottom