Empire Earth II building pack

Well, as long as there is a demand. I think I'll refrain from converting extremely high-poly models (like some Wonders) and stuff that won't be useful for Civ, like wall sections. Everything that can be used in Civ may eventually be converted. If you want something specific done, just ask. I can do the stuff in any order.

I think wall sections might be useful in civ and could be used as UBs for some civs.

Is it possible to get animated ballista?

Chuggi is currently working on it, but I haven't heard much from him lately. There are some major problems porting EE2 animations to Civ, but I don't think that's totally impossible.

Meanwhile, I've reserved myself to converting buildings, since that's what I can deliver with a satisfyingly high quality.

In a move totally unexpected and highly remniscent of the Spanish Inquisition, I hereby present you a new pack composed of absolutely unrelated buildings. I just thought that these particular ones might be useful. The one thing that is common for all these buildings is that they all exist in one variant, with no tech level and culture group variants. All of these models are much simpler than those in previous packs and thus can be safely used in Civ. They can be put into two groups:

ANCIENT BUILDINGS

1) An Aztec pyramid codenamed "Jaguar temple".

2) Another pyramid. You can theoretically tear off the altar at the top in nifskope, but it'll leave you with a pyramid that has a hole on its top. Although one could find many fun uses for such a building, surprisingly, no pyramids with holes in the tops were historically constructed by man.

3) Sphinx. This one is special as far as EE2 models go; it has two different sets of textures provided, both for the figure and the base. In addition to the textures shown on the screenshot, texture for the unpainted statue and a more derelict base are included (although strangely, unlike the base, both textures for the statue are of the same stage of deterioration, no "brand new look" texture here).

4) Tower of Moon and Stars. This one just BEGS for someone to turn it into a wonder. Read about it!

5) A dog, a plan, a canal: Pagoda! (gotta love mixing together two palindromes). Although I must admit, this is not what I'd call a "pagoda" myself. But this is how this drinking fountain's file is called.
P.S. Probably the simplest model I've encountered in EE2 yet.

6) Buddha statue. Shows clearly the crappiness of humanoid models in EE2, which is brilliantly unfurled in humanoid units, that, having both more polys and higher-res textures, still manage to look crappier than the ones that come with Civ. Note that the two small posts in front of statue are a separate mesh and thus can easily be removed.

MODERN BUILDINGS

1) A heliport. A neat little model, that, unlike most models in EE2, makes use of alpha channels. Remember, I'm not mentioning the polycounts because ALL models in this pack are relatively low-poly.

2) Nuclear missile silo. A fun fact: both halves of the central door (yellow-black outline) are separate meshes, and thus can be moved to open position, or even removed.

3) White House. One notable exception to "low polycount" rule of this pack, with a surprising solution. The railing on the roof has a lot of polys, and thus a no-railing model is significantly lighter. Both variants included, railing model shown on screenshot, no-railing model recommended for use.

4) Pentagon. A more detailed, yet more cartooney version of the building. Still, looks way better than the one that comes with Civ.

5) Herc factory. For a factory that produces giant walking robots, it is looks surprisingly not very futuristic, circular ramp excluded. By the way, the circular CAN be excluded, as it's a separate mesh.

As always, high-res textures included separately.

Have fun! :D

Cool buildings, but unfurtunally I haven't found buildings suitable for what I am looking for. There seem to be many religious buildings in EE2. By any chance, are there any buildings looking native northern american or ancient western asian? I am looking for religious buildings for shamanism (for the YARM mod), especially buildings that would make a shamanism cathedral and shrine. Can you help with that?

Cool buildings, but unfurtunally I haven't found buildings suitable for what I am looking for. There seem to be many religious buildings in EE2. By any chance, are there any buildings looking native northern american or ancient western asian? I am looking for religious buildings for shamanism (for the YARM mod), especially buildings that would make a shamanism cathedral and shrine. Can you help with that?

Yeah that would be cool. I was actually thinking of helping you guys with that. Mainly since I ound johny smith's c ool shaan missionary in his rapture mod. I was also going to use the background for sitting bull in colonization to decorate the walls in the video.

... especially buildings that would make a shamanism cathedral and shrine. Can you help with that?

For native religious art, I've seen an earth mount (sp?) laying around, and also found a heap of stones like a grave. Is it stuff like that you're looking for? Also, Refar recently cut the native totem apart from me, so the main totem or the smaller sidepole can be used to attach to either the mount or stoneheap.

Well, all temples out there are already converted. So your best bet of finding something religious is in the temple pack. Other than that, I'll keep my eyes open, but I don't think there really is something exactly matching. You can share with me some pics, though, so I can see more clearly what you're looking for.

Yeah that would be cool. I was actually thinking of helping you guys with that. Mainly since I ound johny smith's c ool shaan missionary in his rapture mod. I was also going to use the background for sitting bull in colonization to decorate the walls in the video.

Help is allways wellcome, especially since Refar is more involved in other projects. Using Sitting Bulls background is an idea. Actually I changed all background textures in the YARM found religion movies in the newest version.

For native religious art, I've seen an earth mount (sp?) laying around, and also found a heap of stones like a grave. Is it stuff like that you're looking for? Also, Refar recently cut the native totem apart from me, so the main totem or the smaller sidepole can be used to attach to either the mount or stoneheap.

For the shamanism temple and monastry I thought about stealing buildings from the Colonization city sets and adding some colorful poles. I think I can do this myself. But I don't want to use native american totems, because some western asian tribes did also have shamanis. I want those buildings to be neutral enough to fitt for them, too. Genghis Khan or Ekmeks Attila could be candidates for shamanism.

But I don't have any idea yet for the cathedral and shrine, that's my biggest problem at the moment. So any suggestion, link, picture would help very much. Something like a earth mount or a heap of stones could be an idea. But the building must fit into a city, so for example if it is on a green valley or something like this, it could look very strange in later eras.

@ Walter Hawkwood: Sorry for hijacking your thread. I hope, you can help. :)

Genghis Khan or Ekmeks Attila could be candidates for shamanism.

Yeah! Tengri Shamanism!

But I don't have any idea yet for the cathedral and shrine, that's my biggest problem at the moment. So any suggestion, link, picture would help very much. Something like a earth mount or a heap of stones could be an idea. But the building must fit into a city, so for example if it is on a green valley or something like this, it could look very strange in later eras.

for cathedrals, May be a long house with a wall around it and four poles (not totem). Or do it like a garden?

for shrines - I was thinking of making a monument of a guy on horseback but make the color look like stone. Or reuse the mountain graphic and just call it sacred mountain.

sorry hawkwood - i guess we should take this elsewhere...

Top Bottom