Night of the Werewolves XXII: The Road to Ruin (Game Thread)

Congrats on the job! (And sorrry for the silence, been away from the boards a bit, I come back and half the squads voted for me)

Morning, Day 3

The men woke up at sunrise and quickly run over to where D’Artagnan59 had been tied up for the night. Sure enough, D’Artagnan59 remained tied to his rock, squirming back and forth trying to get free to no avail. Satisfied that D’Art hadn’t gone anywhere, the men lined up to see the cook for grub. Instead of cooking omelets like he had promised, he had much to the dismay of his fellow soldiers decided to play with his new rifle. Much to the amusement of others, he had yet to figure out how to properly load the thing, with numerous clips of ammo and random shells strewn about. After Nico lent him a hand putting the rifle back together, thomas.berubeg went back to what he did best: taking dried eggs and making ham and cheese omelets with them.

The smell swept through the camp courtesy of a gentle desert breeze, causing the men who hadn’t gotten up yet to get in line for some grub. Mysteriously absent was ZPV and after a few had finished their breakfast, they made their way over to his tent.

One man almost hurled at the sight. ZPV lay in his bed with a pair of bullet holes greeting his visitors. Summoning over the rest of the squad, the men carried away his broken body while rummaging through his tent for any clues. While searching, one man found something rather damning but not in the way one would think. Holding up a pair of wire-cutters, it would appear ZPV had been active in some extracurricular activities at night. In the distance D’Artagnan59 could be heard yelling, “See, I told you I had nothing to do with it! Could you untie me now?” The answer was a resounding “NO!” as the soldiers gathered their belongings and got ready for the day’s march.

Spoiler :
ZPV was a loyalist!

It was decided that the wire cutters were to be voted on during the day. They freed D’Art from his rock, but they kept his hands bound as they began heading west once more. The navigator looked at his map and calculated their position. Including today, it looked like another eight days remained in the march. That didn’t seem so bad, a few reasoned. Other than a handful of deaths at night, things had been going well. No reason for it not to continue to go well, right?

It is now day!
Midday post in 24 hours, night post in 48.

Accusations in Bold

Votes for the wire-cutters in Bold Orange

Number of Players Remaining: 22
Current Over/Under: 4

You may now post!

Side Note: Thanks for all of the congrats about the job. For those curious, I am working in a music recording studio in NYC.

OOC: Gotta get ready for class so just a quick post, I'll throw some fun into it later. Also, a OOC question, I thought IceKommander would be tied up too since on the first night we had two tied up. Just a little confusing, unless he was just excluded from the post and is actually tied up.

Wirecutters go to Lightfang. Death to the mute Charles Li, who hasn't said a thing since his initial statement (along with bigfoot).

OOC2: I wasted so much time deciding on who to vote for and not preparing for school that I could have just typed up some fun stuff LOL

((Only reason why D'art and sirtommygunn were tied up on the first night was the vote was tied))

I am the radioman. I keep communication to our HQ. I know who aren't rouges: Bigfoot isn't and my transmition to HQ last night is processing (full PM box.)

Bigfoot is not rouge.

You just signed your own death warrant there. The wolves will be on your back as soon as night falls.

Keep your shirts on ladies, I'm here and kicking. I don't want those wire cutters, that's for damn sure, but whoever we give it to better be legit, because I don't need to tell you guys what a man can do with a good pair of wire cutters. I say we give 'em to Nahkarma. He seems Eager McBeaver to be in charge of SOMEthing.

A quick little joke before I head to my next class. So you know which people aren't rouges huh? That doesn't help us at all! Make up users don't concern us!

I'm wondering: could the fact that he have two bullet holes (as opposed to the other victims) indicate that he was targeted by multiple killing roles in one night? And I vote J-Man for the wire cutters, as I have reason to believe he is trustworthy.

Told you all I had nothing to do with it. It was ZPV all along.

I'll wait until when you untie me. That is, if I survive.

Hey, wait just a minute there! This doesn't mean that you're cleared from blame. No proof of guiltiness don't equal proof of no guiltiness!

The scout feels like he just made some sort of deft syllogism and grins smugly.

So he says he is in communication with headquarters and that bigfoot is innocent but he somehow got rid of the communication device? So he basically is saying he is innocent and bigfoot is innocent and they are no threat to the wolves, but he can't check anyone else because he threw the radio away. That is ridiculous... If anyone can make sense of that, besides it being a lie, please tell me.

I feel left out!

ugh i copied it but it didnt paste... anyways wanted to make a little joke.

OOC: Not sure what he meant blah blah confusing blah blah what does HQ radio checkover mean blah blah my confusion before has been lifted thanks to some people blah blah dont remember.

If someone wants to repost what I said please do so, stupid copy paste not working. I was doing a little tribute to the edit post club.

[OOC@Nahkarma -- :lol: here you go.]
Nahkarma said:
OOC: I am not actually sure what he means, so I am assuming he means ditched the radio somehow. What is an HQ radio checkover? This game has had some really confusing things, although the loyalist thing makes sense now that I looked back at sirtommygunn being one too, and people telling me where to look for it. I am apparently not very observant or rather I miss things in plain sight a lot. :/

We still can't be sure who the enemies are, but to get things moving I vote for reverend oats.

Midday, Day 3

The accusations for the day were taking a long time to develop. Either the squad was totally clueless as to who was behind the night killings or people knew more than they were letting on. Either way, as the sun approached noon the voting had picked up slightly, showing Charles Li with a marginal lead. As for the wire cutters, no one had any significant momentum going for them as to be its new owner. The men trudged onward until a pair of broken trucks blocked the road ahead.

The demolitions expert came up to take a look at the roadblock to see if they were booby-trapped or not. After five minutes of carefully examining the wreckage, he gave the all clear. It was not.

A huge explosion of red and orange erupted from the trucks, spewing chunks of metal everywhere and throwing the man clear across the highway. Immediately afterward, a large number of insurgents appeared on both sides of the road, emerging from the cover a few small hills that flanked the broken bit of asphalt. The entrapped and encircled men quickly responded with gunfire of their own, with Big Tom taking down at least a half-dozen of them on his own. It was total chaos, with Nico barking orders to organize an effective counter-attack. Even the cook got in on the action, his rifle spitting lead out at a furious pace until he had to reload.

As the counter-attack materialized, the insurgents knew it was time to bug out. Not satisfied with the carnage already, one lobbed a small grenade before he retreated. The grenade landed next to CCRunner and Bigfoot3814 and the two managed to dive away just in time to avoid the immediate blast. Unfortunately, the shrapnel caught both of them in the legs, and while not life-threatening, hindered their movement significantly. The other casualties the squad suffered were Chandrasekhar and Methos, who each received a lone bullet wound in the shoulder and arm respectively. As for the demolitions expert, while he had the wind knocked out of him, he came out unscathed as his heavy flak jacket absorbed the damage.

After the insurgents had fled and the squad had regrouped, Nico and the injured Bigfoot looked at the map. With all of the injuries, the squad’s retreat to extraction was going to be significantly delayed by at least one day. Now with four men injured and two needing stretchers, the team had lost a significant amount of mobility. Using the tent from sirtommygun and ZPV, a pair of stretchers was MacGyvered together to carry CCRunner and Bigfoot3814. Once assembled, they resumed their trek west, navigating past the now smoking ruins of the two trucks.

((For those injured: You no longer can vote or carry out night actions for the next two (2) days. You are allowed and encouraged to continue to communicate in the forum and outside via pm and im. Any votes cast by injured players before they were injured will not count. To clarify, for the remainder of today, tonight, then tomorrow and the night after no ‘official’ action can be taken unless their injury is healed sooner))

((And for those curious, injuries are done totally by random, as I believe that shrapnel doesn’t discriminate and neither should I. Every player has been assigned a secret number, and I pulled numbers out of a hat to determine who was injured. By no means are these injuries a hint to guilt or innocence and nothing should be read into them to suggest otherwise))

CCRunner
Niklas
Tasslehoff
Love
J-man Renata
Renata
Ekolite reverend oats
reverend oats J-man
merciary
Methos
Izipo
Lightfang