citynames for earthmap

Another more trickier problem is the translation of special characters. ...

yeah i noticed that. i began to use normal characters on my map, but it's not really nice ^^

Ok, it took me a while, but I've found a solution. See attachment for the complete updated version. To play this, extract zip to Mods, load mod "Dynamic City Names", choose Single Player -> Play Scenario -> RFC18Civs

Attachments

• Dynamic City Names.zip
    134.8 KB · Views: 527
nice work, thx again! :cool:

only starting techs differ (team-tags are mixed, but i couldn't find out, how to fix that ..i began to hate modifying ^^).

nice work, thx again! :cool:

only starting techs differ (team-tags are mixed, but i couldn't find out, how to fix that ..i began to hate modifying ^^).

Ugh, forgot to update the team numbers when revising the civs order. Once more then... (see attachment)

Attachments

• Dynamic City Names 1.2.zip
    134.8 KB · Views: 824
:goodjob: thx³

When will have a playable version ?

Oh, i didn't know, thanks...

You should place this download in the download database...

Hey there Fierabras, I stumbled on into this thread....

I think I've got the questions answered now that i asked b4.... lemme run this slut and see if I managed to put everything in the right places!

LOL, I replied to you in the other thread. Anyway, it's all here and some more...

Just got done raping the mideast & making Saladin submit to my English Taoisim [he sure is an angry little man!]

I wanna try the Rhye's mod again, but how do i keep things stable? Even with the "proper civic" they always descend into independance when I'm conquering?!?!

Military conquest is the only "way" I know how to play this game, and whenever I make a big push of expansion my empire revolts and i have to rebuild stupid . .. .. .. . like libraries, strategy help? :?

I'm new at modding Civ4. Id like to play the Dynamic City names posted by Fierabras with a few modification on leader and civ. (I'd like to have Stalin instead of Catherine and the Khmer instead of Germany for example).

Can I get some help please?

first of all, thanks so much for this mod!!! it's really awesome
second, I've got two questions concerning it.

1. Given a civilization founds a colony which becomes a new civ, not listed in the wbs. How will cities build by this new civ be named? what will happen if it will be the 19. or higher civ?

2. Will this mod work in multiplayer games? if not, is there a way to adapt it?

Hello,
I'm trying to make this mod work with a smaller european-map! (87x60)
I've already done the excel work and edited all citynames according to the new map. (including the city-conquering changes)
I tried to match everything with fierabras' settings but it still doesn't work. The game uses the standard city names...
These are possible differences I see between mine and fierabras' map

- In the worldbuilder savegame every city has a capital already built (I don't give them settlers but the first cities stand already) => that's why there are no coordinates for a starting location in the wbs file

...BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_VICTORIA
CivType=CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND
Team=0
PlayableCiv=1
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_WILLEM_VAN_ORANJE
CivType=CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS
Team=1
PlayableCiv=1
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_LINCOLN
CivType=CIVILIZATION_AMERICA
Team=2
PlayableCiv=1
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer...

- second I use only 16 starting civs so the citynamemanager looks like this
...# initialise player variables to player IDs from WBS - revised list Fierabras

iNumPlayers = 16
iNumMajorPlayers = 16
iNumActivePlayers = 16

iEngland = 0
iHolland = 1
iIsrael = 2
iIrland = 3
iPortugal = 4
iSpanien = 5
iFrankreich = 6
iPolen = 7
iTurkey = 8
iUngarn = 9
iUkraine = 10
iDeutsch = 11
iSkand = 12
iRom = 13
iGriechen = 14
iRussland = 15

tCityMap = (
#England....

- I didn't know exactly what to put into the wbs for the last two empty player slots:

...BeginTeam
Tech=TECH_FISHING
Tech=TECH_HUNTING
EndTeam
BeginTeam
Tech=TECH_HUNTING
Tech=TECH_MINING
EndTeam
BeginTeam
EndTeam
BeginTeam
EndTeam
BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_VICTORIA
CivType=CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND
Team=0
PlayableCiv=1
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer...

and

...BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_CATHERINE
CivType=CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA
Team=15
PlayableCiv=1
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Team=16
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Team=17
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer
BeginMap
grid width=87
grid height=60
top latitude=0
bottom latitude=0
wrap X=0
wrap Y=0
world size=WORLDSIZE_HUGE
climate=CLIMATE_TEMPERATE
sealevel=SEALEVEL_MEDIUM
num plots written=5220
EndMap...

- the last thing I can think of, are special conditions at the beginning of the wbs-file

...BeginGame
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIANS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_BROKERING
Victory=VICTORY_TIME
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC
GameTurn=0
StartYear=-4000
EndGame...

CAN one of these things interfere with the proper function of the citynamemanager?
if not, what can be wrong? Is there a way I can try to debug this? (I'm pretty new to Python, if someone would tell me how to monitor the function of the python parts maybe I'll be able to find the problem myself...)

problem solved! it was some little syntax problem
don't know exactly what was wrong, but I copied again everything step by step and it works now
thanks again fierabras for this awesome mod

Hi all :D
I just tried this MOD and it's work awesome ! Thanks..
But, I'd like to ask a bit..
I'm playing as Roman Empire.
When I'm expanding north and building city around the present-day Estonia or Latvia, the City automatically named CUMAE which isn't it a ruin in Greek ? What I wonder is, if I built city outside the Rhye's stability map (If I'm not mistaken how it's called) will the City be automatically generate a random city name from the list ? Also, where can I find in the file is this MOD list of each city's coordinate in map ? Thanks..

The way the mod works is that it replaces the default city name with one from the city name maps. Provided that there is a entry for that Civ for that tile. If not, then the city keeps the default name. I don't think there is anything random about this - you will probably get "Cumae" where ever you build your unhistorical settlement.

The file you wanna look into is probably called CityNameManager.py.

The way the mod works is that it replaces the default city name with one from the city name maps. Provided that there is a entry for that Civ for that tile. If not, then the city keeps the default name. I don't think there is anything random about this - you will probably get "Cumae" where ever you build your unhistorical settlement.

The file you wanna look into is probably called CityNameManager.py.

Yes yes too true lol :D
I mean it's randomized when I'm not building in the historical region..
Yea.. off course Roman Empire weren't expanding to Scandinavia lol :D
CityNameManager.py .. how do I open it ya ? anyway, thanks a lot :D

Top Bottom