No Treasure for Pirates

If you guys start another game, especially one that starts with the usual settler/worker combo and grows from there (my preference), and doesn't crash anytime you try to read something in the civopedia, let me know. ;)

doesn't crash anytime you try to read something in the civopedia

Also good news, just browsed the entire pedia and didn't get a crash so looks like we're good there.

The text file linked to various times earlier will fix all those errors.

If you guys start another game, especially one that starts with the usual settler/worker combo and grows from there (my preference)

I'm trying to find time to get some things smoothed out but this would call for practically a new mod. Mods like this will nearly always have preplaced cities, I'm sure there are "regular" games still started around here every once in a while.

True, good points. Enjoy your game.

Ok folks, done the resources..

1) finished getting all the resources onto a clean sheet, properly indexed.
2) removed all (unnecessary, eyesore) tags
3) made a whale resource to replace the old
4) added shipwrecks which give -1 production and -1 commerce

I'll try to release a patch with all the little fixes soon. :)

groovy!
been trying the "original" and the bugs there are quite annoying.

anyone in favour of sporting some PLAGUE? :evil:

I can't believe you just mentioned PLAGUE (I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THAT!!!)
Can there be a ship (that everyone can build) that Bombards at a Radius of 2 (The Priviteer for an example)? After playing this with all AIs and me the Swashbucklers and all else at war with me, I find keeping up is tough to say the least, the Europeans before to long will have a Grand Navy and the Pirates better not make a mistake

sickness is good, my man!
are we into nice, easy games?
me thinks not!
Looking at the editor plagues can be checked (but I'm all thumbs understanding the rest of it) I'd like for us to have them in our game and I hope at random they can vary from weak to really bad. In those times POX, dysentery, malnutrition to mention a few plague this way of life. Arrr!
So what do you think of the range aspect and/or collateral damage?
What do you think "Bombard Fx" means?

Eclipse PMed me about the .biq file so I'm posting here to make things a little clearer. I haven't posted anything but the .txt file attached in the other thread. I'm currently working on a patch to fix some of the small bugs encountered in the mod. This will include a slightly modified .biq (which includes fixing the graphically challenged city down south mentioned earlier in this thread). Hopefully it will be done soon though I'm a perfectionist so I tend to try to get everything just right which can take a while. When I release all you'll need is the main scenario download and then the new patch on top. I'll include the text file from the other thread too so you really only will need the main download and the patch. Don't make any changes to your .biqs (yet anyway) because they will be overwritten by the updated .biq included in the patch. Arrr!

...Savvy??

Can there be a ship (that everyone can build) that Bombards at a Radius of 2 (The Priviteer for an example)?

In answer to your question, yes there can be. I would tend to agree with Soul Warrior however that all ships of this era should have range 1.

Looking at the editor plagues can be checked (but I'm all thumbs understanding the rest of it) I'd like for us to have them in our game and I hope at random they can vary from weak to really bad. In those times POX, dysentery, malnutrition to mention a few plague this way of life. Arrr!

As there seems to be some enthusiasm for it and I think its a great idea I went ahead and added "smallpox". Be wary, it spreads and is hard-hitting though not terribly long lasting. Cholera is another option that would make a good name, what do you guys think?

What were you thinking of specifically with the collateral damage?

Civ3 only has one animation it uses for bombardment, an explosion that is has smoke and maybe a little dust. If you tick this flag the game will play that animation when the unit bombards. If you have a ranged unit like an archer and you give them bombardment you would probably would not want this flagged.

anyone in favour of sporting some PLAGUE? :evil:

Have you come across any specific ones that haven't been mentioned in this thread? I'm all for the sickness! Down with those scullywags immune systems! :evil:

One other change I've made is changing the base unit of time to months instead of weeks (each turn will take a month now). If it were up to me I'd lower the time limit on the scenario to 150-200 turns as opposed to 1000 but what do you guys want?

What were you thinking of specifically with the collateral damage?
This and the long range only was thought up to help the Pirates in the middle game especially resources 2 squares in that could help slow progress. If you look at the European's capitol they make vast amount of moneys and are very well defended, so this means thier science rate will be greater, and not very wise to upload melee unit to them

Civ3 only has one animation it uses for bombardment, an explosion that is has smoke and maybe a little dust. If you tick this flag the game will play that animation when the unit bombards. If you have a ranged unit like an archer and you give them bombardment you would probably would not want this flagged.
I was just curious, not important at all.

Originally Posted by soul_warrior

anyone in favour of sporting some PLAGUE?

Have you come across any specific ones that haven't been mentioned in this thread? I'm all for the sickness! Down with those scullywags immune systems!
Smallpox is just fine

One other change I've made is changing the base unit of time to months instead of weeks (each turn will take a month now). If it were up to me I'd lower the time limit on the scenario to 150-200 turns as opposed to 1000 but what do you guys want?
200 turns is probably enough but who knows, even if is 1000 turns the win conditions will take care of it.

I have to admit that I am having trouble following this.

Are we playing a game or designing one? I thought this was played out and tested.

I have not had a chance to play it anyway so I am in no hurry. Let's get it right.

I'm offering to do a small patch and have started it so you guys can have it before you start the game. :) It's sorta up to you guys what you want to incorporate so if you have any ideas I'll try to include them in the patch to cut down on confusion when it comes to installing. It is tested but some of the things found in testing were never fixed so I'm trying to address those issues. There are not too many.

Watch that you don't get a quick stop me buckos! (that pirate glossary is great Eclipse :D)

Update: I wanna get bed but just wanted to say that I worked for several hours on the leaderheads this evening and finally got them straightened out. I actually found two mini mods (unused) inside this mod's folders and deleted them.

It's starting to look like it might be easier to re-upload the whole (patched) scenario instead of just uploading a separate patch. It would be faster for me, will this work for everybody?

You guys won't complain if these guys make it in??

Spoiler :
complain?? :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

no complaints here :salute:
i think with all the changes, minor as they are, it would be better if we all got the NEW MODIFIED version.
i would ratehr have a good, working, version and wait a while longer....

Top Bottom