Wild Mana for FFH 2

Sephi

Deity
This Mod greatly improves the FFH AI and also adds several Gameoptions to FFH 2. Now also includes BUG 3.6, Large Parts of Denevs FFHBUG and Freyas Citystyle, mods which attempt to improve the Interface/visual.

Download of full install

Download of Latest Patch

List of Features

Credits

Wildmana Team
  • Graywarden
  • Saathei
  • Sephi
  • Skyre Noktis
  • tesb

Credits for the Visual and Audio Art you can find in the FFH Credits thread. If you want your Art credited here, just PM me.

Additional Wildmana Art Credits:
Faeries Diplomacy Music: Lisa Thiel - "Faery Song" from Album: Invocation Of The Graces

Special thanks to:
The FFH team+Special thanks from FFH and everyone else who contributed to FFH
ADHansa, Ahwaric, Arctic Circle, Avahz Darkwood, Billyank, Blackimperator, Cephalo, Davidallen, Denev, Emporer Fool (and the whole BUG team), Esvath, Freya, Gekko, Goodgimp, jdog5000, Jean Elcard, Kael, killmeplease, MagisterCultuum, MatzeHH, Moctezuma, Mr. Genie, Neomega, Notque, Orlanth, OrionVeteran, Opera, Onionsolider, Ostar, Pep, Rystic, Seven05, Skyrenoctis, Solver, Snarko, stmartin, Tarquelne, TC01, Tholal, Till, Turinturambar, Valkrionn, Vehem, Vermicious Knid, Warkirby, Xienwolf, Zerzes

If you have contributed to this mod directly or indirectly and do not find your name on the list just PM me and I will gladly add you. There are probably over 1000 people in the CiV4 modding community, who contributed either directly or indirectly, so it is impossible to trace back every contribution.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    444.6 KB · Views: 8,484
  • before terraforming.JPG
    before terraforming.JPG
    358.4 KB · Views: 8,383
  • terraforming after.JPG
    terraforming after.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 7,996
  • fire node.JPG
    fire node.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 7,541
  • Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 3,345
Link for the SDK of 5.0
Spoiler search Keywords :
  • BETTER AI
  • New Gameoption
  • ADDON
  • GAMECHANGE (currently only one)
  • SPEEDTWEAK
  • True Modular
Customization and Modmoddingin GlobaldefinesAlt:
  • WILD_MANA_SPAWN_CHANCE
    The probability for a Mana Guardian to call a Minion.
    Min 0, Max 1000, default 40
  • WILD_MANA_TERRAIN_CHANCE.
    The probability for a Mana Guardian to change the terrain arround his node or other wild mana effects.
    Min 0, Max 1000, default 40
  • IMPROVEMENTS_WITHOUT_TECH_PENALTY
    Buildingspeed in percent for a Build without having the required tech
    Min 0, default 50
  • BARBARIAN_GROUPSIZE_MODIFIER
    Size of the Barbarian Group with the Gameoption Barbarian Groups in percent.
    Min 1, default 100
New XML Tags:
  • CIV4BuildingInfos:
    FreeBonus4: Additional Bonus from a Palace with the More Mana Gameoption. Default is NO_BONUS
    FreeBonus5: Additional Bonus from a Palace with the More Mana Gameoption. Default is NO_BONUS
  • CIV4HandicapInfos:
    FreeBonusMana: Free Bonus for AI Players on that Difficulty. Default is NO_BONUS
  • CIV4SpellInfos:
    bAllowAuto: Set to 1 allows a Spell to be selected for autocasting. Default is 0.
  • CIV4LeaderheadInfos:
    bArcaneTowerVictory:If a Leader uses a strategy to win the Game by building the Tower of Mastery.Default is 0.
    bNewLeader: Is a Leader a new one? Used for the New Leaders Gameoption. Default is 0.
    bReligionOpportunist: Will a Leader change his favorite religion.
    AIPatrolGroupSize: How much a Leader cares about building Patrols for his empire. Default is 100. Shouldn't be set lower than 50.
    AIPatrolGroupMage: How much a Leader will add Warwizards to Patrols. Default is 100.
    AIValueDefense: How much a Leader values Defense for his Cities. Default is 100. Shouldn't be set lower than 50.
    AIValueMage: How much a Leader values Mages for City Defense. Default is 100.
    iEconomyTechValue: How much a Leader values Economy Techs. Default is 100. Should be set to something between 70 and 130.
    iFavoriteEarlyReligion: The Religion a Leader gets just for an early happiness boost. Default is NO_RELIGION
    iFavoriteEarlyMilTech: The Tier2 Tech a Leader beelines once his economy is stable. Default is NO_TECH
    iFavoriteEarlyTech1: Tech a Leader beelines in the early game. Default is NO_TECH
    iFavoriteEarlyTech2: Tech a Leader beelines in the early game. Default is NO_TECH
    iFavoriteEarlyTech3: Tech a Leader beelines in the early game. Default is NO_TECH
    iFavoriteEarlyWonder:Wonder, whose technology requirement a Leader will beeline in the early game
    iFavoriteLateWonder:Wonder, whose technology requirement a Leader will beeline once he has access to tier3 units and the most important techs for his civilization
    ReligionWeights: How much A Leader values a Religion. -100 means can't be used as state religion. -99 to 0 means AI won't use it as favorite Religion and won't convert to it. 0 to 100 is probability for AI to choose it as their favorite Religion.
  • CIV4ReligionInfos:
    ReligionHero1
    ReligionHero2
    ReligionTech1
    ReligionTech2
    Used for easier AI programming.

Attachments

• Wild Mana 5.0 Source.7z
    970 KB · Views: 281
New Patch is up. I added some more Stuff and Fixed the Adaptive trait/Insane/etc. bug from FFH that really annoyed me.

sweet! awesome job on fixing those extremely annoying bugs before FFH itself! ;)

now let's hope I get some free time to play :D

New Patch is up. I added some more Stuff and Fixed the Adaptive trait/Insane/etc. bug from FFH that really annoyed me.

How did you do that exactly?

I load up a new patch (1.2) with a few little fixes and some nice new stuff.

changes from patch 1.2:
Regenerate Map Option re-enabled(from BTS)
AI has a new UNITAI so that it can fight barbarians much better (poor Orthus doesn't live long)
AI uses spells in general better
AI will terraform its land with spells (Spring deserts, etc.)
AI will use massive damage spells (maelstorm, ring of fire,etc.) more often
AI is able to use all features from wild mana and deadly wild mana gameoptions (like using spellbooks captured from guardians)

I finally got a chance to play some 80 or so turns quickspeed, with both wild mana and deadly mana on. AIs are doing very well, I only noticed a couple oddities from the barbarian unit AI: barb units don't move for the first 5 turns or so ( btw, it seems like raw mana nodes convert to other types not on game start, but at about turn 5 or so, is that right? ) , and Orthus loves sitting on tribal villages instead of going around plundering. there's also a wrong text key in the help message for wild mana in the options, TXT is mispelt TTXT. aside from these, everything seems just fine so far. :)

yep, did some more checking and there's definitely something wrong with version 1.2, although I guess it's nothing serious. probably has to do with the unit AIs, and not related to a particular game option ( the problem pops up even without wild mana and deadly mana ) . just try using the "explore" button with one of your units on turn 1: it will accept the order, but sit around idle instead of moving. hope you can figure this out asap, cuz all the other AI changes are fantastic :)

[to_xp]Gekko;8223861 said:
AIs are doing very well, I only noticed a couple oddities from the barbarian unit AI: barb units don't move for the first 5 turns or so ( btw, it seems like raw mana nodes convert to other types not on game start, but at about turn 5 or so, is that right? )
Yeah, with "gamestart" i kinda mean "the first turns". Wild mana generation is done a few turns later so you can use the regenerate Map option without problems and to allow the AI to settle its cities first. Wild mana nodes aren't created close to cities. (would be pretty bad if an entropy node turns most capital tiles into snow/marsh/desert)

[to_xp]Gekko;8223861 said:
, and Orthus loves sitting on tribal villages instead of going around plundering. there's also a wrong text key in the help message for wild mana in the options, TXT is mispelt TTXT. aside from these, everything seems just fine so far. :)

It's a BTS feature that barbs try to protect tribal villages, nothing I changed. I plan to write Orthus his own UNITAI so that he is only pillaging/attacking and not protecting lairs/huts/cities.

[to_xp]Gekko;8223919 said:
yep, did some more checking and there's definitely something wrong with version 1.2, although I guess it's nothing serious. probably has to do with the unit AIs, and not related to a particular game option ( the problem pops up even without wild mana and deadly mana ) . just try using the "explore" button with one of your units on turn 1: it will accept the order, but sit around idle instead of moving. hope you can figure this out asap, cuz all the other AI changes are fantastic :)
thanks, I never use the "explore" button so I missed that one. Until next version the "explore" button will only work if you have atleast one city.

It's a BTS feature that barbs try to protect tribal villages, nothing I changed. I plan to write Orthus his own UNITAI so that he is only pillaging/attacking and not protecting lairs/huts/cities.

I know, but I'm pretty sure that some time ago Orthus' behaviour had been changed to make sure that he's more aggressive and doesn't sit on tribal villages... I remember it being in a FFH patch, and it seemed to work as far as I could tell, so I thought that maybe one of your changes reverted him to his old behaviour. I don't know anything about code though, so you probably know better... still, it may be worth taking a look at if you got some time to spare. aside from that, it's nice to know that the only real issue lies with the explore button, and only if you have no cities yet :D

edit: btw, is it right that barb units don't move for the first 5 turns or so? I guess they stay still until raw mana nodes convert to wild ones. it's easy to tell because if you explore a dungeon on turn 1 and pop a defender out, he's not going to move at all, for 3/4 turns. which is not the usual behaviour of immediately attacking the closest unit ( especially since he's a spectre and I'm a scout so he would most probably win :D )

[to_xp]Gekko;8224760 said:
I know, but I'm pretty sure that some time ago Orthus' behaviour had been changed to make sure that he's more aggressive and doesn't sit on tribal villages... I remember it being in a FFH patch, and it seemed to work as far as I could tell, so I thought that maybe one of your changes reverted him to his old behaviour.
yeah, there are indeed some FFH changes in the barbarian function but this time it is not my fault that they don't work :lol:

[to_xp]Gekko;8224760 said:
edit: btw, is it right that barb units don't move for the first 5 turns or so?
I think it is 10 turns or so. Barbarian give AI Player a bit of time to prepare, you know AI not so smart. Especially Ljosalfar who start with 2 scouts and no warrior and like to send both away to explore.

I now added some kind of "Conquest Strategy". After Valledia aquires Bowyers, she will focus a lot more on building bowyers and adepts. In this testgame her hasted, fireball casting firebows needed less than 15 turns to overrun the doviello :D (which weren't much of a threat though)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    430.2 KB · Views: 400
Top Bottom