Mazera Mega Story Thread

Darn it Magister, Chicken biz is mine :p

NIGHTWATCH REPORT ON SAMHAIN

The Illians have recently completed the ritual known as Samhain. Already, Frostlings have been seen wandering through Illian lands. Some are even venturing out into Doviello and Amurite lands. There have been tales of Mokka leading this Frostling assault, but he has not been seen. Several nations are angered with the Illians for bringing the Frostlings into Erebus.​

LJOSALFAR ELVES DESTROYED, TIGER CLAN MASSACRED

The Ljosalfar empire has collapsed and been destroyed. A group calling themselves the "Hamstalfar" began attacking and capturing Ljosalfar towns. The Svartalfar took advantage of this and launched their own attack. The Tiger Clan tried the same but were massacred by the Svartalfar and Hamstalfar warriors, destroying the entire tribe. As of now, the Ljosalfar lands have been divided up between the Svartalfar and Hamstalfar and it remains to be seen what will happen now that the Ljosalfar are gone.

HERE NOW IS A CRAPPY MAP​

Spoiler :

Leaning back on his throne, Kandros found himself in the memories of his youth.

"Mithril! All folks desired it..."

A smile stretched across his face. To think, he once thought that it was merely a blend of silver and steel, a marvel of metallurgy. It shone true and bright, but no stain could tarnish its glamour; nor can any force break its strength.

His forefathers had brought with them this wondrous metal into the Underhome, but they hid it in their vaults and bid to their servants to never let anyone see them. As eons passed, mithril became legend amongst the dwarves. There were even those who claimed it was never real to begin with; that such bounties of the earth were too good to be true.

But it was real. He held the sample ore in his hands. Light, silvery, strong.

What manner of magic could have brought mithril to existence? Deep in the earth no deposit could be found, but here on the surface was the first and only vein the Khazad
had found. Word had traveled fast; the mercenary riders of the Hippus had already been seen traveling to the dig site in hopes of claiming the vein.

He knew the economic leverage one would have if they held a monopoly on the supply of mithril; not to mention the military might from such a versatile metal. The call had sounded; the success of the Khazad surface expedition would depend on holding that deposit.

Even then, clan leader and renowned economic theorist he may be, he felt a deeper calling within his very being. He was a dwarf; and by Kilmorph, no dwarf would ever neglect his stewardship over the earth's bounty.

He stood up, and the rest of his court joined him. Dwarven pride would prevail.

NIGHTWATCH REPORT ON MITHRIL VEINS

The Khazad have recently moved into an area recently thought useless. However, they recently discovered rich veins of mithril dotting the valley. They have expanded into the area and have begun mining the material, hoping to monopolize the mithril industry. However, the Hippus have noticed the mithril veins, too. They have already sent their own mining team to the area and it is beginning to create tensions between the Khazad and the Hippus. It remains to be seen if this will be solved peacefully or if this will lead to war.

CRAP MAP​

Spoiler :

P.S. Warriorofala, if you want to "adopt" the Khazad you can, I have a hard time imagining what to do with them. Just send me a PM and we can talk about it. Great story, too.

Sounds like a cool idea cypher. I've been pretty interested in how the Clan of Embers citizens live out their days ever since I started playing them in the game, and especially now that I'm writing about them in my story. I've kinda broken the Clan cannon by making Jonan a more wise and mellow orc and having Rantine be the crazy warlord, for the purposes of having opposites and conflicts.

And now I'm playing another "solo hotseat" game where the Hippus are doing well and that's making me think about them also. Those are my two favorite civs so far, I might be interested in working on one of those two.

I've read a bit here, but when I get more time I will read through it more.

Here's a Ngomele story:
Spoiler :

When Lengdu got out of his tent, he first thought that his nephews were playing near the campfire. But then, he realized that, indeed, the Balseraphs were arrived, like Vungu had told him a few moments ago. She was standing near two children who were babbling and playing with each other. Lengdu approached. He was uneasy. Many humans were standing behind the children and, albeit calm, they were at least as upsetting. They had strange bodies, even for humans, and some wore bags on their heads, or something similar. Among them, Lengdu saw some monsters. He didn’t know what kind exactly. It didn’t matter, anyway. He was scared and wouldn’t be afraid to say it. But he couldn’t, right now.
The camp had been made at the easternmost point of their territory, near Shwa, his town, as he liked to call it. He was indeed its ruler and that’s why he had to come to Vungu’s camp to meet the Balseraphs. They had some urgent matter to discuss. Vungu wanted him to take a more important part in the political activities of their country… But he didn’t like that. Politics? Nah, he was an adventurer, a singer, a leader. He wanted to roam the wilderness with his troops, not to seat and talk with two human children.
Those two were girls. Unlike themselves, human females were smaller, curvier and weaker. There, one was smaller than the other. The smaller one had a red fur on the head; it was long and tied in a cone. The bigger one had an untidy black fur. Vungu talked suddenly:
“This is Lengdu the Drummer—“
“I don’t want to hear drums, Kee--!”
“I don’t want either. Send him away.”
“You’ve mistaken me, my ladies.” Vungu did a thing Lengdu knew wasn’t easily saw by humans. She slightly curled back one side of her lips, usually done when annoyed. Inside, Lengdu was laughing. “The Drummer is his title. You don’t want to know why, though.”
“Fine, then, we don’t want to.” ‘Kee’ looked to the other human.
“Who’s he, then?”
“I- I am the ruler of Shwa, the town just a few pounces over the hills.”, he said, still uneasy. “And you are the Balseraphi rulers?”
“I am the Balseraphs ruler, Keelyn.”, answered the big one.
“You’re kidding, right? I’m the ruler too!”
Keelyn looked back at the other with a bright smile and nodded. She then looked straight into Lengdu’s eyes and said: “She’s Nell. She’s mine.”
Lengdu and Vungu stared at each other during a small moment, enough to share each other’s thoughts about those weird humans.
“Why are you here, ladies?”
“Well, Vungu, isn’t it?” She nodded at Keelyn. “We want you to go and fight… what’s his name already? Big Fat Green?”
Nell giggled.
“What… Wait, you mean… Hafgan the Purger?”
“No no no, silly Vungu. Aren’t you listening? Did I say Big Stupid Green?”
Nell giggled again and then said her lady was talking about Jonas Endain. Vungu’s eyes met Lengdu’s once more. They were wide opened, full of fear.
“Why would we do that?”, he said.
“Why?!” Keelyn had turned her face towards him again. This time, she seemed more like a Ngomele than like a human. She looked like she was going to pounce at him. Nell quickly grabbed her arm and whispered something. She then looked at Lengdu by the corner of her eyes:
“We own you, that is why.”
Vungu and Lengdu stood right there, speechless. The Ngomele that were attending whispered at each other.
“Can I touch your nose?”
Lengdu was confused. Surprised, too. And then, he was shocked when she came near him, stretched on tiptoe and petted his nose. He repelled her with his arm, pushing her away towards Keelyn, making her lose her balance and fall down. Keelyn’s face became red, but that wasn’t due to her anger; flames were rising from her hands. She screamed!
When he opened his eyes, Lengdu saw a corpse burning on the ground, behind Keelyn, among the Balseraphs. Their leader was down, taking care of Nell. Lengdu couldn’t take his eyes off the poor guy she killed of anger. He thought he should have taken the fireball. The soldier hadn’t been guilty of anything, while he did. He looked at Vungu; she was down and terrified. Lengdu stepped forward.
“Don’t ask for pardon, silly wolf.” Keelyn stared at him with anger. “I won’t give that to you. I want Big Fat Green’s head or Cheval will be burned down along with your entire petty kingdom.”
“That’s Shwa.”
“Whatever.”
They stood up and left without saying anything else. Well, they left a burning body, but that was all.

I hope it's good enough to not kill yourself after reading :D

Wow, that was a really good story, Opera. Gives them a nice direction and reason as to why they're doing what they're doing.

Sorry for the inactive day. Some things came up. Here's another story, focusing on Corane. And he seems to be losing it a bit.

Spoiler :
Corane was pleased. Daracaat had been disposed of, he had been appointed as the leader of the Archos, and he now had the opportunity to do anything he wished. The first thing on his list was a grand palace, which was built entirely with strong spider silk. He increased the training of the military to include fighting in the forests as the Elves do and the hills as the Dwarves do.
One day, he came storming out of his quarters in a frenzy. "I have had a vision! Mother has spoken to me and we must cleanse this land of humans. Some may ask, but wait, we are humans. No, we are not! We are both human and spider, we are the Archos! And what are the humans? Parasites! The Dwarves give us gold and the knowledge of the mountains. The Elves give us exotic fruits and the knowledge of the forests. Even the Orcs give us knowledge of the jungles and the Doviello have taught us the ways of the tundras. We will be the weapon that cleanses this land of corruption! Sharpen your blades, men! It's time to feast!"
Every man gave a cheer and grabbed their blades, eager for battle. Corane marched towards his throne as the spiders were readied for battle and given their instructions. Destroy all humans and human settlements. They were sent first to the lands of the Chislev and will then go to the lands of the Bannor. The Chislev will give no resistance, easily falling beneath the poisoned wave of the Archos. The Bannor will be the problem and will require a more subtle approach.
"Actious. Send the scout spiders into the Bannor cities. Spread infection and chaos. The Bannor will fall when their core is broken. Now send the men to the Chislev! Their annihilation is at hand. Also, purge our cities of all humans. Any that contain no Archosian blood must be slaughtered and burnt. This world must be cleansed. And it will be."

NIGHTWATCH REPORT ON ARCHOS SPIDERS

Spiders seen coming from the Archosian lands have begun attacking and killing Chislev villagers. Whole villages have been wiped out and Absaroke is readying his military in case this is more than just mad spiders. Corane has kept silent about the matter, making no speeches to his citizens. Only time will tell what kind of havoc these spiders cause.​

Edit: Sorry if it's lacking quality. It's 2 AM.

Here's another story. The beginning of the Clan attack on the Chislev. This should be good.

Spoiler :
Chislev Warfare

Xtun looked around nervously. He and his squad were supposed to scout the area, note any important military locations, and return to the horde. So far, it hadn't gone as well as planned. Half the scouting squad was destroyed by the Chislev and the other half had gotten separated. They didn't know the Chislev were this skillful in the trees. Had they known, they'd had never entered the forest to begin with
Xtun heard another scream somewhere off to his left and cowered lower. The Chislev hunters were slaughtering them like pigs. Hunting them down one by one and ending their lives. This mission was already a failure, but Xtun still wanted to leave. He crept forward slightly, but stopped as he saw a Chislev hunter jump from the tree above him to another tree to another. It seemed to have not noticed him, but he held still for a few more minutes nonetheless
After a few minutes passed, he crept forward slowly. It was painful to hear the screams of his dying brethren. This scouting party had been cobbled together with Goblins born from the same batch. It was as if his brothers and sisters were dying. He heard a stick snap to his right, stopped, and turned to look. A deer twitched its nose and ran off. Xtun let out a sigh of relief and took cover under a large bush. He heard several more screams followed by the falling of bodies, telling him that his brethren had attempted to either fight back or escape in the trees.
He continued to move through the bush, feeling around for a stick or branch of some kind to get a feeling of where he was. He finally grabbed a hold of something. His vision blinded by the bush, he felt it to see what it was. As he felt its smoothness and the sharpness of the point, he let out a groan and a large portion of his brain as the Chislev spear went through his skull.

Keep posting, people. And lurkers, get involved. :D

THE MEGAUPDATE

LANUN RELEASE MAPS

The Lanun have decided to release their maps to the Bannor, Baleraphs, and Elohim. They are in talks with other nations at the moment to decide whether these maps will continue to spread. The Balseraphs and Elohim have already spread to nearby islands while the Bannor's plan for expansion were cut short when a Clan of Embers horde was sighted.

CLAN OF EMBERS ON THE MARCH

The Clan of Embers has assembled a large war horde and it is now marching towards Bannor lands. To reach the Bannor lands, they must go through the Chislev, but this has not proven easy. The Chislev staunchly defend their borders from early Goblin scouts and are soon firing arrows out of the trees at the Clan horde nearby. The Orc axemen began charging into the forests and were quickly repelled by the surprisingly-powerful Chislev. The Clan of Embers remains halted at the borders of the Chislev, but this small nation can only hold out for so long. They will need assisstance.

LANUN SCOUTING PARTY MISSING

The Lanun recently sent a scouting party to an island known as Rinwell Isle. Nothing has been heard from the part since they departed, nor has anything come back. The Lanun council is considering sending another, larger party, and most likely will within the next few months. The Elohim on the other hand, have found something wrong with this situation and are sending a search party.

HAMSTALFAR ABSORB FORMER LJOSALFAR

The Ljosalfar nation that was recently destroyed has been absorbed by the newly founded Hamstalfar and Svartalfar nations. The Ljosalfar hero, Gilden Silveric, was found dead hanging from a tree, several arrows piercing his chest. The Hamstalfar and Svartalfar are now jockeying for position of control of the holy tree of Yggsdrasil, located between the borders of these two nations.

TENSIONS RISE BETWEEN THE AMURITES AND KAHDI

The rebel Amurites, now calling themselves the Kahdi after their leader, have gained more power in the Amurite nation, grabbing land northeast of their current position. Conflict continues to flare up in the streets of Cevedes, Nimarail, and Cirirail and doesn't seem to be stopping.

SHEAIM ATTACK THE KURIOTATES

The Sheaim recently sent a large war party over the Kuriotate border attacking and capturing the city of Avelorn. The Kuriotates responded by sending a large Centaur cavalry regiment as the footmen march towards the Sheaim borders. The Centaurs broke back into Avelorn and there is currently a large patch of city warfare that has erupted in the Kuriotate nation.

SEVERAL NATIONS GROW

Several nations have grown since our last update. The Luchuirp continue to expand despite attacks from the Hastil Clan, and the Doviello continue to expand outward. The Illians are exhausted from their ritual and have not expanded. The Elohim, Balseraph, and Lanun nations have spread among the island chain west of the main continent. The Archos have also continued to grow and are getting close to Bannor and Clan borders. This may spark tensions.

UNKNOWN NATION SPOTTED TO THE SOUTH

A strange nation has been spotted south of Calabim. Calabim scouts report that these beings are grey and hard to see, tending to keep to themselves and hiding if they notice they are being watched. Who are these people and will anyone attempt to contact them?

MITHRIL DISCOVERED

A metal long believed false has been discovered between the borders of the Khazad and Hippus. The Khazad have already set up a mining operation, but the Hippus are attempting to muscle their way in on the action. Already drunken bar fights and large-scale rioting and fighting between Hippus and Khazad diggers strained the relationship between these two nations. It remains to be seen how these nations will respond to this situation.

GNOLLS ATTACKING THE CLAN

The Clan of Embers has been the victim of several raids lately as rouge Gnolls have been pillaging their trade routes and farms. The Ngomele deny involvement in this, but several nations already know that the Ngomele had planned this. The Clan is building up defenses on the Ngomele border, stretching its forces thin. The Ngomele likewise are building their forces, knowing their lie to be found out.

DOVIELLO PROPHET SPEAKING OUT AGAINST THE ILLIANS

A prophet has been seen in Doviello's capitol city of Urslo, saying that servitude to the Illians is not the way to live. He claims that the Doviello must rise up and strike at the Illians if they are ever to be as powerful as they were before. Charadon has yet to comment on this situation.

DURAL ANNOUNCE STUDY OF RELIGIONS

The Dural, who as of so far have been silent on the national level, have emerged to announce that they will be conducting research into the history of each of the religions. This is sure to anger several believers of the different religions.

MAZATL ATTACK SHEAIM

Mazatl warriors crossed the borders of the Sheaim and began attacking their villages and military training yards. The Sheaim, who are preoccupied with the Kuriotates, weren't expecting this attack and it seems likely that the Sheaim will lose a lot of land until they can move some of their army to the other front of this war.​

Updated front page map.
Started indexing the stories found in this thread.
Hoping for more lurker interaction. :D

Edit: And added the Dural to the map. Oops.

I have told you once before that I saw no uglier building than the Fietz Manor.

I LIED.

In fact, I saw something even more horrid, evil, and unfortunate. Well, not so much unfortunate to people who live in them, but to everyone else.

At Archosian land, there is a giant hole in the middle of the city. They call it "Palace." As if being a complete imbecile when it comes to aesthesics wasn't enough, they also had to fill it up with humans. Sheeps and cows were gone long time ago. Along with most of the local wildlife and travelers.

You may wish to know what I am thinking about. I am thinking of spiders. Big and hairy spiders with fangs that go SCRUNCH SCRUNCH SCRUNCH as it chews through flesh, spew acid, and slurp the flesh stew back in.

The spiders, naturally having a bad taste in art, well nevermind. I don't even want to think about it anymore.

Enough with the wretched palace. This is a true story.

Me and my gal were traveling the Archosian land. It was raining. There were spiders about. We came across this cottage and we came in. It was completely dark. There were scurrying noise in the room. Along with sounds that sounded similiar to. SCRUNCH SCRUNCH SCRUNCH SCRUNCH.

My partner used her magic to light the room.

It was filled with spiders. Ranging from a small one holding a bug between its fangs and a giant one chewing flesh.

They stopped eating and scurrying. My partner turned off the light. They went back to their business of eating and scurrying about. I tried taking my Aspirin, but found that I didn't have it as it wasn't invented yet. ****ing time paradox.

Hunters.

Spoiler :
Sh’Sen crept through the damp foliage, feeling wet leaves slid over his body with every step, felt his tongue flicker across his lip-there, he smelt the Hell-Stink of Sheim. Shifting, he make the call of a local bird, knowing foolish Humans would not identify it’s source. He waited, then heard the responding whistle. Pulling his lips back, over his theath in what a human would call a smile, he pulled his blowpipe out of the harness on his back, and hissed a quit chuckle. Time to go hunting. Ready Or not, Hell-Stink, here I come, he thought.

I tried taking my Aspirin, but found that I didn't have it as it wasn't invented yet. ****ing time paradox.

I love you.

Also...

A CIV WILL DIE

One of the battlezones will be selected and played and one of these civs will be destroyed.
Clan of Embers (War against Ngomele, Chislev, and Bannor)
Chislev (War against Clan of Embers)
Ngomele (War against Clan of Embers(Replaced in FF+ by the Dural(Just because)))
Bannor (War against Clan of Embers)
Grigori (At the borders of the Bannor and Chislev)
Archos (War against the Bannor)
Mazatl (War with the Cualli and Sheaim)
Cualli (War with the Mazatl and Kuriotates)
Kuriotates (War with the Sheaim and Cualli)
1/2 Sheaim (War against the Kuriotates and Mazatl(Since they have the Deadlands island))

Watch and wait.
And let me know you're still there with good stories.​

WAR DECLARED

The Sheaim, Kuriotates, Mazatl, and Cualli are in an all out war. The Sheaim are attempting to seize Kuriotate lands, the Mazatl want to clean Mazera of Sheaim presence, the Cualli decided to strike at their rival's unprotected flank, and the Kuriotates are fighting back against the Sheaim. The Calabim and Malakim are close enough to be involved in this war. It remains to be seen what will happen, but this will definitely be a bloody conflict.

WAR UPDATE

Spoiler :
Kuriotate Attack

Leofric was crouched low, advancing slowly through the plains towards the Sheaim city of Tongurstad. The Sheaim had recently attacked the Kuriotates and Cardith Lorda sent him and his axemen to assault the Sheaim. So far they'd captured and burned down several Sheaim outposts along with slaughtering several Sheaim scouting parties and an axeman regiment.
They were in the center of the plains when the carnage began. A man to the left of Leofric screamed and was seen flying away, clutched in the claws of a Griffon. The men were ordered to raise their spears to the skies, but they were frantic in the chaos as Griffons were swooping down from above and flying off with our warriors. Our screaming Captain was seen soaring away in the claws of a mighty Griffon before being fed upon by several more hungry Griffons.
Sheaim mages were seen standing on the palisades of Tongurstad, waving their staves about and chanting. As the Sheaim-controlled Griffons continued to pick off Leofric's platoon, he stabbed upwards into a Griffon. He felt its bled drip on his shoulder as he tore the sword down its stomach. The Griffon fell dead beside him, but another was there to take its place. Several of the other men had begun felling the Griffons. Several Griffon carcasses littered the ground and there were fewer and fewer swooping down to attack the men.
After many hours of battle, all the Griffons were slain and the Sheaim mages had vacated the palisades. The surviving men huddled together and rested after a long battle. Leofric took a swig from his sack of water and looked at his fellow men before realizing something. His men wouldn't make it to Tongurstad as he saw the moving of grass in the distance. A scaley tail swooped up and back under the brush of the plains. Battle began anew as Cualli Lizardmen descended upon the weary Kuriotate warriors
Leofric fought valiantly, felling several of the Cualli. His men were equally courageous, but they were outnumbered agaisnt a fresh enemy in the Cualli. One by one, the Kuriotate men fell until it was just Leofric, standing in the center of Cualli corpses, swinging his sword at anything with scales before being cut down by the the overwhelming Lizardmen.

Should I run every story past you, or surprise you with a few.:p
Oh, and had the Cualli attacked the Mazatle as well, or just the Kurio?

Should I run every story past you, or surprise you with a few.:p

It depends what you have in mind. I can't break the alliances since I made us teams. Otherwise, go ahead I guess. I did make this so you guys could influence the story as much as I can.

It depends what you have in mind. I can't break the alliances since I made us teams. Otherwise, go ahead I guess. I did make this so you guys could influence the story as much as I can.

Don't worry, it won't affect any alliances or anything:devil:.

In a small house in a small Balseraph town, a strange little man was digging through his closet. “For the love of Tali, I could've sworn I had a feathered hat! Gah! This isn't good... no, no, not at all...” he looked outside, noticing that the crowds had assembled, all in their own feathered hats. He saw his among them. “Dammit! Thief must've stolen it! Blast and damn! Well, guess there's only one thing for it...” he abandoned the search and grabbed the bags he'd prepaared for just such an occasion. Clothes, food, drink, gold, and most important, his books. Empty journals waiting to be filled, and books on the creatures and people of Erebus.

He heard a knock on the door. “Ozziel, you fat son of a cheap whore! Get out here, and you better have brought your hat! You know the Minister said it was Feather Hat day! Unless you think your lil' head will look nice on his special spike, eh?” “Your lover awaits you on the pastures! Even now, she moos in sorrow!” Ozziel responded. The guard, both infuriated wondering how Ozziel had found out, smashed through the door, only to have a bucked of some foul-smelling substance dumped on his head. “No,” Ozziel said, “it's not what you think it is.” As the poison worked its magic and the soldier fell unconscious, Ozziel added, “and for the record, nobles saved up for months to spend a single night with my mother. She certainly wasn't 'cheap.'” With that, he grabbed his bags and a hat that, at a distance, might have been mistaken for feathered, and started running. He scanned his map. “Yeah, if I catch a coach, I could be in Dural territory soon enough... hells, I needed to get out of the house anyways. What's the worst that could happen?” He briefly thought about the question, before deciding that he did not really want to know.

He arrived at a coach shortly thereafter. “Ozziel, wandering sage. You're heading south, I see. I'm coming with.” “But sir,” the coachman responded, “this is a mail coach.” Ozziel showed him a large, gold coin emblazoned with Perpentach's profile on the front, and a rabbit on the back. “Perpy here says you take passengers.” The coachman grinned, accepted the coin, and said, “I'm not about to argue with the Clown King. Get on board, pal.”

Top Bottom