Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

A while back it was posted that even though the .dll say you can have 50 civs, in actuality if you have more than 48 it MAFs. It has also been stated that if you use the BarbCiv option, that it's recommended not to exceed 24 Starting Civs.

Plus that many CIVs will slow the game down tremendously using RoM.

@Soiux, that's a bug in one of jooyo's .dll's for his mods. It's been posted and somewhat discussed in his RoM ModMod subforum thread.

JosEPh :)

:mischief: not mine

One minor bug to address. Adventurers and Motorcycles have 'flat movement costs', not 'ignores terrain movement costs'. This means they don't get to take advantage of any roads or similar routes to travel within your own civ. I don't think this was the intended result when creating these units.

I'm having a multiplayer issue which hopefully Zap or someone else can understand better than I can. Basically one of us hosts a game and the others join in the lobby, and then the host clicks Launch to start the game. Whilst the map is loading every player then gets a popup which states:

Tag: LEADER_WILHELMINA in Info Class was incorrect. Current XML file is: Modules\Customer Leaderheads\Wilhelmina\Wilhelmina_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml

When we click OK on this popup another appears, then another. It appears that there is a popup for every one of the extra civs added to default RoM (not the extra leaders pack which none of us use). Once all of the popups have been 'clicked' the game starts but is immediately OOS.

I had a quick look in the xml file that the popups point to but don't understand the syntax well enough to be able to spot any errors.

Any help appreciated. Thanks. :)

Lol! The only way your computer could run close to 50 civs without a slow down is if you had the following. A octa-core computer. Yeah, 8 cores, 400 Gigabytes of ram, Vista/Windows 7 64-bit ultimate whatever special name Bill Gates came up with..., a video card that literally can't exist for 40 years, oh, and maybe each core has to be about 500 times faster than the current computer processor.

Sorry, but bottom line no computer can run this mod with 50 civs, or 48, or 24 even, maybe 24, without lots of MAFS.

mine is not even top range and i can play the GEM on RoM which has about 32 civs, i have had it at 42 after barbcivs have spawned and yes it was very slow loads but no MAFS. i have had some CTD's before but never had an MAF. and when i have had a CTD i just load it back up and it is fine.

4gig Ram
ATI Radeon 3400 (bottom of all the radeons)
Intel Core Duo 2.8Ghz
Vista Home Premium

mine is not even top range and i can play the GEM on RoM which has about 32 civs, i have had it at 42 after barbcivs have spawned and yes it was very slow loads but no MAFS. i have had some CTD's before but never had an MAF. and when i have had a CTD i just load it back up and it is fine.

4gig Ram
ATI Radeon 3400 (bottom of all the radeons)
Intel Core Duo 2.8Ghz
Vista Home Premium

I don't have frequent crashes either but I just dislike SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW waiting turns, that is all.

"Slow" is a relative term.

;)

"Slow" is a relative term.

;)

15-20 seconds of waiting in first 100 turns? My goodness, if you like that, you are seriously one crazy guy! :D

Just started my 1st 2.71 game (wanted to finish the 2.7 with ModMods 1st).

The new feature with galleys and triremes being "Lost at Sea", Not sure I like it! My ships are in My cultural borders but if they go after a Barb Galley/war galley that is on the 2nd tile from shore IN My Cultural Borders(can I emphasize this enough?!) they will become "Lost at Sea". Every time. But the Barb Galley can sit there for multiple turns and never get "Lost at Sea". Foul Play I say.

If my ships is Out of my Cultural border and strays from the shoreline then I could see an Occassional "LaS". The event also triggers a Thunderstorm that stays there for a long time. I've had a 200 yr Thunderstorm off of New Yorks shore.

I have to build a new Trireme every time I kill a barb Galley. Then I lose it, then a new Barb galley shows up destroys my fishing boats while I'm wasting more Production on building yet another trireme.

And Thunderstorms next to a city cause Unhealthiness to boot. This I can live with. But if my Trireme destroys a Barb ship IN MY Cultural Borders My tri should Not be "Las", Nor should I get a TStorm everytime.

I Will adapt. But.... I think this needs some fine tuning.

My 2 cents on this.

JosEPh

The new feature with galleys and triremes being "Lost at Sea", Not sure I like it!

I agree this needs work. I don't see the point of galleys and triemes being able to move into ocean plots if they are going to be immediately destroyed on the next AI turn. What's the point? They might as well not have the ability at all. The frequency of sinkings needs to be reduced (maybe a 50/50 chance each turn) for this ability to be worth anything.

It requires a new kind of strategy that I personally never used before, but now I use alot.

Spoiler :
Instead of going after the barbs, then make the patrol order close to a water resource (not on top of it). When the barb wants to pillage the resource your trireme will destroy the barb without chance of getting lost at sea. When your trireme has 2 xp you can upgrade it with Navigation 1 which gives it the ability to sail out AND come back. The massive spawning of barb galleys also requires a protective navy at almost every coastal city which I disliked in the beginning, but now rather enjoy.

Lol! The only way your computer could run close to 50 civs without a slow down is if you had the following. A octa-core computer. Yeah, 8 cores, 400 Gigabytes of ram, Vista/Windows 7 64-bit ultimate whatever special name Bill Gates came up with..., a video card that literally can't exist for 40 years, oh, and maybe each core has to be about 500 times faster than the current computer processor.

Sorry, but bottom line no computer can run this mod with 50 civs, or 48, or 24 even, maybe 24, without lots of MAFS.

dude... chilax! I meant that it wouldn't be TREMEDOUSLY slowed, my graphics cards have 384 processing cores total (yep, each has 96), and BTW more than 1 core (motherboard not cards) doesn't help... I'd likely have slowdowns of 10-20 seconds a turn near midgame and about a minute endgame on a gigantic map

I'd likely have slowdowns of 10-20 seconds a turn near midgame and about a minute endgame on a gigantic map

hehe, I never understood how people could play at marathon speed. It is soooo slow, but then again, with huge map, epic speed and around 30 civs I have turns of around 3-4 minutes in 1600-1700 AD.
If I had 10-20 secs turns on gigantic in mid game, I'm sure I'd play on marathon too ;)

I got UI frozen after playing some time usualy after building Temple of Artemis, Colosus or when im not building this wonders the problem apeear when im about to discover Iron the problem apears whit or without any mods.

Problem:

When exiting city the city interface is still on main screen and cant use any thing (units, main interface, etc) can click end turn but problem is still there when unit is selected has no orders.

Sorry for my english and will make log and some screens today

I dont have anything against the getting lost feature of Triremes and such in open sea unless your cultural area doesnt count as safe territory. But navigation is a bit problematic to me. At first i got the Navigation I upgrade in my trireme and it gets lost in open see the very next turn but after that i reload and none of my ship ever gets lost anymore in the same game (even without Navigation I). And on the other hand the Navigation II Upgrade doesnt have an effect on the movement rate of my ships.

Lead is also no problem to me as unhealth just helps me keep cities from growing unhappyness (what is much more of a problem to me). Also there are lots of buildings creating health with bonus ressources.

Edit: I really dont get the meaning of being able to build three breweries. Even if the AI wont build breweries they are not going to trade alcohol anyway.

Horse Archers dont seem to have Ranged Bomb ability still.

Sorry that I haven't replied to these bug reports for a while. It's just very hot weather here (been so over a week) and my apartment's balcony (whole building's balconies) are under renovation and thus I do not have any cooling in my apartment so it feels like being in sauna, so I try to avoid keeping computer on much as it would just heat up the apartment even more. I've now donwloaded the bug threads so that I can look through more closely in some cooler place...

I try to read everything though and few things posted here have been fixed for the next patch. If you have a problem, it's good to post also the log files (if turned on they are located 'My documents\My Games\Beyond the sword\Logs\' folder).

I've checked the logs posted here (not sure if both were from this thread) and the other one unfortunately just had the shortcut inside the rar, not the actual log files so that didn't help me much. The other logs were from multiplayer game and seemed that in that game there was some kind of problem with mapscripts (in network log file) but I do not know what was the exact problem as the error just hinted there was something wrong with the scripts.

I got UI frozen after playing some time usualy after building Temple of Artemis, Colosus or when im not building this wonders the problem apeear when im about to discover Iron the problem apears whit or without any mods.

Problem:

When exiting city the city interface is still on main screen and cant use any thing (units, main interface, etc) can click end turn but problem is still there when unit is selected has no orders.

Sorry for my english and will make log and some screens today

heres some screen and logs

Logs

BTW already tested on Beyond the Sword and on Complete. System Win xp. Error keeps on nVidia and ATI graphics

I'm just playing this mod right now and let me say that it is the best mod that I have ever played. That being said, I shall deal out my helpful suggestion criticisms :lol: .

I have only started off the game (midway through the medieval period) but I have again noticed what I noticed the first time I played through on one of the older versions (2.5 I think). The AI has trouble knowing how to properly use units. Currently I am at war with the Mayans and I noticed that they have tons of Wardogs. I believe the reason for this is that they are cost effective if you take a shallow analysis (good for everything but attacking cities which means you should only build a few of them). At one point they attempted a siege of a city with 4 wardogs and 1 lightswordsman.

My suggestion is to limit (eg. perhaps it better for no wardogs at all because in the real world they used wardogs in units, or see next comment) and cap speciality units so the AI can't build too many of them. If they had went at my city with 3 or even better 2 wardogs and some other combination of units that would have been much scarier. The AI takes the proverb "if 1 pound of dynamite is good then 2 pounds is twice as good" and takes it to the extreme. I noticed that it tends to specialize in the most powerful units available so the only way to ensure combined arms tactics on the part of the computer is to limit how many units can be built. It also helps to make sure that the broad category units are always useful (eg. pikes, knights, longbows, crossbows, etc. are always useful to be built and used in most situations unlike wardogs which is a highly specialized unit).

Another suggestion is to use unit costs (as implemented in units at the end of the tech chain) earlier in the tech chain. You can make knights veyr powerful (as they were in real life) and just require 1 gold per turn (as you did with the APC I believe).

All that being said, this is without a doubt the best mod ever made. Kudos indeed :D!

I have the latest version of the game and the mod, and it worked fine until I installed the following modmods: MegaCivPack 1.6, Quibing's Unit Pack 1.0.2, realistic diplomacy and military civics...

Before these I had also vincentz's mods installed with GameFonts patch needed to run them properly. Everything worked back then...

Now, at the startup the cursor starts to flicker when the game is in the "init engine" phase, and then it gives an error message:

"Initialize Renderer - failed

Check DirectX installation, latest Graphics Drivers and Graphic Settings Parameters

width=1024
height=768
flags=0xc
hwnd=0x1b00ce
adaptrid=0
deviceid=1"

... and returns to desktop.

I tried to install latest DirectX drivers and set my PowerStrip program to run default display settings with BtS. Still, the problem persists.

What to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom