Mazera Mega Story Thread

SIDAR COME FORTH, CONQUER KANE, MOVE IN

The enigmatic Sidar have revealed themselves recently, having been camped south of the Malakim. With the recent split of the Malakim into three factions, the Sidar easily conquered the remains of the old government and established a permanant presence on Mazera.​

(Updated front page map)

I'll add some for the lurchip.
Spoiler :

Another Dovollio raiding party was heading for Tia'ran. This time though, the lurchip had had enough. Around their city they had erected a vast wall of stone, which at its highest stood nearly 50 feet above the ground - and as the city was built on a nice little hill, that ground was already quite high. The wall however wasn't finished yet.

"Hah - maybe the stunties are trying to compensate for something," called one of the dovollio. "Come out and play shorty!" The rest of the band began to take up the chant. As they raced towards the gap in the wall though, something began moving. When the dovollio were a mere 100 feet from the gap, these things came to life. Swooping down on giant stone wings, the gargoyles came to life. Utterly silent, they began to tear through the surprised dovollio horde.

"AAARG" screamed the leader. "Damn you Stunties!! Come out and fight like real men!"

"Why don't you pick on something your own size then?" Called a voice. The gargoyles backed away from the dovollio remenents, forming a circle around them. but no longer attacking. From the direction of the walls walked a giant, greenish colored metal monstrosity. A golem that stood 10 feet tall, made of marble and covered in shining armor, weilding a 6 foot long sword in one hand.

A muttering arose amongst the dovollio. "What, do you think a giant, walking spoon is going to scare us off?" called the leader. "Why don't you send some of your little stunty scum down here to fight us like real men eh?"

"Amusing - I wasn't aware you even knew what utensils were." The giant golem walked slowly towards the dovollio. "Now, I will give you the option only once. Leave now, go back the way you came, or die. Which is it going to be?"

The dovollio leader glared at the golem. "And who are you to be issuing such ultimatums? Bah - kill em boys, leave not one stone moving!"

At an unseen signal the gargoyles again decended upon the dovollio warriors. The giant, sword wielding golem stepped forward and with one slash cut down the leader. As the rest of the warriors fell, the golem stood over them and said, "my name is Barnaxus - and the lurchip are under MY protection."

-Colin

DOVIELLO ATTACK THE LUCHUIRP

In an unexpected move, the Doviello stormed over the Luchuirp border and began raiding and pillaging Luchuirp villages. The Luchuirp sent warriors in response, led by an extraordinary golem named Barnaxus. Are the Illians behind this new, unexpected move or are the Doviello just trying to expand? Or is there something we don't know? It remains to be seen.​

Sorry about the inactivity yesterday. Had to help my bro move out. Getting back to work soon. I know which civ is going bye-bye now so I just need to see how it happens.

I am still alive! I am working on a special character of mine (Kind of like an insane Architect)

Battle of Nochtli

Hianthrogh looked out across the burning jungles at the incoming Sheaim and Cualli armies. They were charging fast and would be at the city walls soon. Hianthrogh had called every warrior back to the capitol of Nochtli and planned a last stand against these aligned forces. Every outpost had been captured, every counterattack had failed, and now Nochtli was the last city in the once great Mazatl empire.
Hianthrogh surveyed the archers standing next to him on the city palisades, ready to rain arrows down upon the enemy. He surveyed the warriors down below, hefting axes, swords, and clubs, ready to give their lives for the nation. He thought of the several regiments of hunters and assassins hiding in the jungles, striking at the incoming armies and disappearing before they were caught.
This had been a desperate war. After the capturing of their final secondary city, Hianthrogh began to enact extreme measures to prevent the Mazatl from falling, even setting the jungle in the path of the enemy on fire. It didn't deter them. They continued to march through it, their Pyre Zombies caring not for fire, the mages using water magic to douse the flames. All Hianthrogh could do was wait. Wait for the enemy and for battle.
A horn was sounded in the distance, the signal that the enemy began the final charge towards the city. The men below readied themselves, the archers notched their arrows and prepared them for flight, and Hianthrogh ascended from the battlements to join the warriors below. The Mazatl was his nation, if it was to die, he was to die with it. He gathered all his courage and let out a mighty war cry as he and his army began charging towards the enemy.

The following battle, known as the Battle of Nochtli, was very bloody. Thousands upon thousands of lives were lost and the jungle floor and marshes were stained red with blood for weeks to follow. Many bodies were moved and burned, some Sheaim, some Cualli, most Mazatl. The Sheaim burnt the bodies and rose them as Pyre Zombies to bolster their armies. Among the bodies, was the body of Hianthrogh himself. His body was burnt, but unlike the others, his ashes were kept in a small jar on a necklace, wrapped around the neck of Os-Gabella.

MAZATL FALL TO SHEAIM AND CUALLI

The Mazatl nation has been destroyed, consumed by the combined armies of the Sheaim and the Cualli. Hianthrogh of the Mazatl fought until the very end, earning the respect of even Kolsehvahn of the Cualli. The Cualli gained most of the former-Mazatl lands and the Sheaim gained the northern section of the former-Mazatl lands. It remains to be seen if the Kuriotates can survive now that their only ally in this war has been destroyed.​

WORLD UPDATE

MAZATL FALL, CUALLI-SHEAIM TRIUMPH

The Mazatl fell to the Cualli and Sheaim in their war. Several nations have been shaken by this development. The Bannor and Elohim have erected monuments of Hianthrogh in their cities, as have the Grigori, Amurite, Dural, and Kahdi nations. Several Dural bards have written songs, made paintings, beautiful sculptures, and magnificent monuments, all that praise the Mazatl.

ILLIANS JOIN WAR AGAIN LUCHUIRP

The Illians have entered the war against the Luchuirp by joining the Doviello. The Luchuirp look to be in extreme danger now that two nations are attacking it. No word has been heard from the Khazad on this situation, but it appears they may help the Luchuirp as they are amassing a large fighting force.

MALAKIM CRUMBLE, DIVIDE, SIDAR ARRIVE, INVADE

The Malakim split into three factions recently and one of them, led be Kane, was captured by the Sidar soon after. As Varn Gosam and Decius continue their civil war, the Sidar are fortifying their lands, making them that much harder to uproot. No one has spoken to them or know what they are planning, but the Scions of Patria have become very uneasy now that the Shades have presented themselves.

CLAN OF EMBERS BATTLE RAGES ON, WARLORD DEFIANT

The war against the Clan of Embers continues to rage as the Ngomele, Grigori, Chislev, Dural, and Archos continue to take large chunks of Clan lands. In the midst of the chaos, an Ember Clan Warlord has pleaded for help from the other nations in his attempt to overthrow the current Clan government. Nothing has been heard from the Orc Warlord since, but the time to act draws close as Jonas Endain has learned of a possible uprising from another nation. This nation remains unknown.

SCIONS OF PATRIA WARN OF RINWELL ISLE

The Scions of Patria have warned the other nations not to look into Rinwell Isle's mystery. They say there are monsters, demons of the Hells that slaughter all who attempt to land on their island. Several nations have disregarded this advice as the Lanun and Elohim have begun preparing another scouting party to send to Rinwell Isle.

FROSTLINGS AND GOBLINS ATTACK

Goblins from the Hastil, Diranth, Muris, and Metalthief Clans have been staging raids on various villages and trade routes throughout the continent. Frostlings have also been entering small villages south of the Illians and raiding the houses, sometimes with fatalities. If nothing is done to stem the tide of Goblins and Frostlings, the situation could get out of hand.​

How many people are still even looking at this? Hope to hear from some of you or see some stories. Expect updates today.

Too busy this days -_-

I'm just gonna keep this going and people can write when they have time.

PROBLEMS IN CLAN LANDS

Rioting has begun to break out in the Clan of Embers nation. Ishlar Kafahn has made no word publicly, but many believe he's behind the riots. Several sections of Renegade Hill have been destroyed in the rioting and it seems to be spreading throughout their lands. There are also reports of Hippus mercenaries attacking high ranking officials that support Jonas Endain. There have been eleven attacks on high ranking officials, seven of which have been successful. Along with all this, it seems some golems from Luchuirp lands wandered into Clan lands, sacking some outposts before being rounded up by Luchuirp warriors and brought back to their lands for destruction. Animals have been acting strange as well, attacking scouts and even wandering into villages and attacking its inhabitants. Many believe they are either rabid or are being controlled magically. Jonas Endain has been doing all he can to counter these problems, including forgiving the Luchuirp for the golems, but it remains to be seen if the problems have ended.​

Story.

Spoiler :
The Orcs fought like madmen.
The city of Renegade Hill was surrounded with the bodies of Orcs, Gnolls, and humans alike. The Clan of Embers successfully held off yet another attack on Renegade Hill, casting some doubt in the warriors of their enemies. As the Gretchins went to work moving the bodies into the jungles to make it harder for their enemies to advance, Warlord Ishlar Kafahn watched from the palisades and mourned for the loss of lives. He still believed this war was pathetic. Nothing was being accomplished except the slow and steady collapse of the Clan of Embers.
A young Orc warrior walked up next to him and watched the Gretchins with Kafahn. "A glorious sight, is it not, sir? The blood and bodies of our enemies, fallen before our blades. A wondrous sight.." Kafahn was disgusted.
"This sight is disgusting. These lives should not have been wasted in a war that accomplishes nothing. How many more of our men will die before this war ends? What will you do when a close friend dies? What will you do when it's your time to die? This war simply kills Orcs that could be furthering the Clan of Embers, instead they're dying on the battlefield."
The young warrior looked perplexed. He had never met an Orc Warlord who didn't want to wage a war. Yet, here standing in front of him was just such a thing. "Sir? You don't approve of this war?" Kafahn shook his head. "Well, sir. I'm gonna have to report you to Lord Endain for heresy. As you kno-" He was never able to finish his sentence as Kafahn smashed his face into one of the spikes sticking out of the palisades, impaling the warrior's head.
From their hiding places around the city, insurgents began moving and attacking the Clan warriors who were tired and resting from the recent defense. The warriors stood little chance against the insurgents and were quickly cut down. Ishlar Kafahn walked down the steps of the palisade and stood in front of the ranking Warlord. "I'll be taking charge now." Kafahn unsheathed his blade and sunk it into the Warlord's chest. The insurgents and citizens around him let out a cheer and began to weed out the rest of the supporters of Jonas Endain in the city and reinforcing the walls. Renegade Hill now belonged to Ishlar Kafahn and his new Clan of Chaos.

Small update

RIOTS SPREAD IN THE CLAN OF EMBERS

The rioting that took place in Renegade Hill have spread to Hezic'kul and Pain. These riots in Renegade Hill were followed by a military coup by Warlord Ishlar Kafahn who has made it his capital. Renegade Hill has converted to the Runes of Kilmorph and it appears that the riots in Hezic'kul and Pain are also religiously fueled.

GRIGORI PULL OUT OF WAR WITH CLAN OF EMBERS

The Grigori nation pulled out of the war against the Clan of Embers when Diranth Clan Goblins began raiding their villages. The Grigori nation has already dispatched several regiments of warriors to hunt down these Goblins, but the chaos will continue until the Goblins are killed or driven away.

FERAL MEN FORM INTO NEW NATION

The feral men sighted near Kuriotate lands have organized into a new nation named the Austrin and have so far been seen wandering the wilderness with no real destination. The largest group of Austrin were seen near Elohim and Bannor lands, with smaller groups near the Dural, Balseraphs, and Ngomele.​

Well, no one has posted in this thread which has slowed it down quite a bit, but it must be entertaining someone if I get at least 100 views a day. I guess I'll just keep this going to amuse you. Update as promised.

ARCHOS END WARS, UPRISING IN CLAN CONTINUES

The Archos have contacted the leaders of the Dural, Chislev, and Bannor nations to negotiate a peace treaty. Peace was attained and all warriors were withdrawn. Archos warriors and spiders soon diverged towards Clan of Embers lands, who they had not attempted to contact. This could be because of the recent uprising in the Clan lands, led by Warlord Ishlar Kafahn. Renegade Hill overthrew Endain's government and joined Warlord Kafahn's Clan of Chaos. Hezic'kul and Pain look to be joining this new clan soon as well.​

AMURITES DECLARE WAR ON THE ILLIANS

The Amurite nation, after dealing with the rogue Kahdi nation, turned their attention to the growing Illian problem. Valledia the Even sent regiment after regiment into Illian lands, capturing several cities before reaching a stalemate near Lakis. As a result of this attack, the Doviello have declared war on the Amurites in defense of their friend. It remains to be seen if the Kahdi will join this war.

SCIONS ANGER SHEAIM

The Scions of Patria, who have been silent and withdrawn from the world, have expanded to the Deadlands inhabited by Tebryn Arbandi's Sheaim. This, along with the expansion of the Elohim into the Deadlands, is causing a lot of tension between Tebryn and the other nations.

CHISLEV WITHOUT AN ENEMY, DECLARE WAR ON BANNOR

After complying with a request from Warlord Ishlar Kafahn, Absaroke sent his Chislev warriors against the Bannor, still riding a wave of blood lust, discovered in the war against the Clan of Embers. The Bannor were not expecting this move and lost several villages before a counterattack was successfully pulled off.​

I wasn't expecting the Chislev-Bannor thing either. Anyway, the front map has been updated. Hope some of you guys have some stories to add soon.

Just so I know my audience, can I get a sound off on people who are watching this thread?

ARCHOS PUSH INTO CLAN LANDS, CHISLEV FALL BACK, CLAN OF CHAOS GROWS

The Archos have continued their war on the Clan of Embers, aggressively pushing into their lands, taking settlement after settlement. This comes at the same time that Hezic'kul overthrew Endain's government and joined Renegade Hill in the Clan of Chaos. It appears as though War Chief Corane and Warlord Ishlar Kafahn are working together to bring down Jonas Endain. Also in that area, the Chislev have begun to retreat in their war against the Bannor. Facing far larger armies than they expect, they have since opted for what appears to by a guerrilla warfare plan for the foreseeable future.​

Ok, I guess that didn't make enough sense. Everyone who's watching this thread, can you post in it so I know who's watching? I'm curious to know. Also, update.

CLAN OF EMBERS BEGINS TO COLLAPSE

Riots have broken out in the Clan of Embers capital of Braduk the Burning, leading many to believe that the Clan may be done for. Along with this, Pain overthrew Endain's government and joined the Clan of Chaos. The Archos also continue to push into Clan lands, taking much territory and destabilizing them further. Warlord Ishlar Kafahn and War Chief Corane have reportedly met in secret to negotiate the terms of a joint-war against the Clan.​

Top Bottom