Mazera Mega Story Thread

INFERNAL UPRISING

Elohim, Austrin, and Lanun forces have been battling demons emerging from portals discovered on the Fane of Lessers. The Sheaim are not becoming involved and the Scions are just as passive, though fortifying their defenses. The demons, known as Infernals, are pushing the combined forces back and are slowly expanding towards the coast. If the Infernals reach the coast, they can spread to the mainland and this will be more than just an isolated problem.​

"You seen this?" Dain asked, rushing into the room. Valledia was sitting behind her desk, maps threatning to fall onto the floor. He shoved the letter in her face. She dismissed it, handing dain a familiar, but neater and tidier letter.

STRANGE LAND DISCOVERED​

Explorers near the Amurite land have reported seeing a strange dead land between the Amurite and Cualli nations. None have gone exploring into the "wastes" but several nations are concerned that this may be linked to the Infernals and the continuing volcanic explosions.​

"We have more troubling issues" Valledia said. She pointed to a glass full of strange burnt-looking ground. "Our top alchemists are studying it now."
"Perchance there be an arcane way to sanctify these lands?" Dain asked hopefully.
Valledia pointed to a stack of ancient-looking books. "The elders had ways. They called it the corruption. I've got some sages trying to decode the texts. And," She stared at Dain, and he started to back towards the door. "What are these rumors about bows of fire?"
"I'll get back to work, shall I?" Dain said before fleeing out of the door.

Strange Deaths Reported

Cualli scouts in the 'Wastes' have reportedly been slaughtered by enemies they could not see; A survivor allegedly claims to have seen a knife wound appear on a fellow scout, with no trace of either attacker or blade.

OT - I've been watching this thread for a while, and I have to say, some of you are VERY talented writers. The Wastes were my idea... Hoping to at least come off with some passable writing. :lol:

Map updated to show location of the "wastes" and the adoptee list was edited to make Brigit be more Shining than Burning.

SCIONS LEAVE DEADLANDS, ELOHIM WORRY

The enigmatic Scions of Patria have withdrawn from the Deadlands after long negotiations with Tebryn Arbandi. This leaves the Elohim as the only other nation on the Deadlands. Tebryn Arbandi is furious that the Elohim are there, thus making the Elohim very nervous about the current situation. Several nations have heard from Einion Logos about spreading to the Deadlands to assist including the Dural, Bannor, Amurites, Austrin, and Lanun.​

Amurite Scouts Find Malakim Camp

Amurite scouts have stumbled across the camps of the Malakim Empire, on their way back to Cevedes. The Amurite council have offered building supplies to the Malakim to let them rebuild their empire.

Amurite healers were also seen around the Malakim camp. All of this help, is it simply a friendly gesture or part of a bigger scheme? Only time will tell.

More Strange Deaths Reported

Amurite scouts in the 'Wastes' have reportedly been slaughtered by enemies they could not see or detect with their magic; A survivor claims that their magics of sanctifying had no effect on the land.

Well, they appear to be followers of the Ashen Veil, but I'm not sure what Mimic is up to. Until you speak to Mimic, keep the borders the same, but you can still write war stories and such. Even if nothing major happens, stories are still interesting.

I did have something big planned but I haven't had time to write any stories yet.

I did have something big planned but I haven't had time to write any stories yet.
I've got something big as well, but it's going to be led up till Wednesday.

PM me if you want to coordinate, or don't if you want us both to be blind.

Spoiler A change in generals :
"My lord, we would have been victorious had the reinforcements not stopped to make the, erm, corn maze and jack 'o lanterns. Perhaps you should have one of the new Mimic generals handle the, ah, details of deployment, and you can deal with the 'big picture' stuff? Why, with just a few more catapults..."

This little prancing Nancy
Just reeks of sycophancy
While second guessing all of my decisions
My mind is ever changing
But your is rearranging
You'll be commander of my new Poultry division

With a wave of the Clown King's hand, the general started twitching and clucking and pecking at the ground. The court erupted in cheers and several attendants herded the man towards the far corner of the throne room, already filled with other 'chicken soldiers'. Perpentach was very proud of his new secret weapon, and was considering how best to design the uniforms when Keelyn (literally) waltzed in.

"Daddy, I want a pony!"

My dearest little one
A pony's little fun
All by itself it's bound to get so lonely
I've had my Chaos mages
study forbidden pages
and make a mount made out of fifteen ponies!

"Daddy, I can't ride that one. He never knows which way is forward. I want a new pony! The kind I've heard about in the southern wastes. They are all pretty and black and have flaming manes and eyes like coals and their hooves shoot sparks and I want one I want one I WANT ONE!"

The jesters and dancers cringed, and even the poultry brigade clucked in panic. When Keelyn threw a tantrum, ...things... tended to come through. She had a remarkable effect on the boundaries between planes, and the darker her mood, the more dangerous the summon. As she fumed, the smell of sulfur filled the room and the light dimmed ominously.

The demons of the deadlands
think they are toys of Tebryn
but we both know who's toys can fight the best
Keelyn, take your creatures
and educate the teachers
with them gone we'll then take on all the rest

"Really? I can really go and fight? Oh daddy, this is soooooooo great, you're the best crazy daddy ever. I'll bet those stinky Dural never even seen a Balor before. Giggles is gonna be sooooo excited, he was just complaining that we never get to play anymore. Hmm, I'm gonna need more friends, and some ribbon to make them pretty, and lots of puppets and mages and mimics and maybe an elephant so we can see better, I'll paint him with daisies and begonias and we can shoot fireballs at the little people below and..."

Spoiler Reply to the Grigori :
Dear Mr. Cassiel-mans
Perpy is so happy that you want to be friends. We're kind of busy right now with the Dural campaign, but once that's over maybe we'll come see you next. You're pretty far away, though, so maybe you could just help us get little Keelyn a pony? The Infernals have them, and we want them, so we'll have to go get them or Keelyn will get mad.

PS - By the way, we hear you are having problems with snakes on a plain. Our greatest condolences, no one should have to watch that.

Spoiler Letter to the Elohim :
Hi!
I am so sorry to hear about Ms. the White and her deathification. I wanted you to know that we are coming south to get a pony from the Infernals, so don't be alarmed if you see us and we need boats. Lots of boats, unless we all die fighting the Dural in which case you may disregard this letter and any further letters you get from us 'cause we'll be dead. If that happens, could you still get me a pony?

-K

"A pony?"

"A pony."

"That doesn't sound like much of a pony, what with the flesh-eating and firey mane and all."

"Look, I don't like the sound of it either. But are you willing to take the job or not, Lanunian?"

"Well... it is a rather difficult and dangerous voyage..." the hunter trailed meaningfully. "We have to stop by the Scions of Patria..."

"Yes, yes, a popular trading stop for you, I know. We have goods to sell as well."

"And I'm sure you don't want anyone else to find out about this little exchange, what with illicit trading in Infernal lands and all. A famous Grigori merchant could get in big trouble if it came to light..."

"We know your fee covers discreetness. We arranged this ahead of time, after all."

"And we have to risk the Leviathan out there, unless we go the long way..."

There was a sigh. "What if I arranged for that long way to be a bit more pleasurable?"

An eyebrow raised. "How so?" he baited.

"A casket of Grigori Delight."

"Five," came the immediate counter demand.

"Two."

"Four, and I'll be sure to pick up a mare and stallion for Cassiel's own herds as well."

"Deal," the Grigori trader agreed, and the two shook on it.

Watching the ship make ready, the Captain felt compelled to ask Goodreau the real question on his mind.

"So, ah," he began, "who's the pony for?"

Ok, so..Keelyn goes to fight the Dural. And the Lanun are going to try to trade with the Infernals?

Ok, so..Keelyn goes to fight the Dural. And the Lanun are going to try to trade with the Infernals?
"Trade" might be the wrong word. More like "liberatea couple nightmares from the Fane of Lessers", ala the Grand Mangere scenario. Whether any infernals are involved in the transaction, of course, only matters if the Lanun ship is caught.

I guess I'll have to do what I usually do to decide if they get caught. Sit around and think about it. Also, the nightmares are actually very violent. They feed on meat, too. You can read about them in the Beastiary in the lore section.

Alright, second part of the 'Wastes' background. ;)

Spoiler :
The scout began to tremble as he approached the throne room, well aware of what happened to those who displeased their lord.

Miquiztli took in the fearful scout with displeasure, hiw mood already darkening. His anger grew as he listened to reports of deaths and obliterated villages, abductions and assassinations.

"Enough. Tell me who is responsible."

"We are not sure, my lord. We have not found bodies of any sort, so it is possible that some sort of animal is the culprit. However, several of the villages were burnt to the ground, with the scorch marks and ash piles we have come to associate with Pyre Zombies."

Miquiztli's mood blackened still further. Had he been betrayed by the Sheiam? The heretical Calabim must have propositioned them...

"Take him to the temples. The priests are in need of another sacrifice."

He listened dispassionately as the scout wimpered in fear, already beginning to plan his next action. "They will suffere Agruonn's wrath. I swear it."

Just so you know, Agruonn, the god who preserved the Cualli through the Age of Ice in return for their devotion, is in fact Aeron, god of Rage. The 'heretical' comment is a reference to the fact that the Calabim also revere Aeron, who rules the precept of Body, as they pursue beauty and eternal youth.

This will be the last story from the Cualli point of view. ;)

BANNOR EXPAND TO DEADLANDS, ELOHIM GREATFUL

After the Scions of Patria left the Deadlands, the Elohim were the only nation that refused to leave. Tebryn considers the Deadlands his property and wishes to keep all other nations off the island. However, the Bannor have now taken the spot of the Scions, backing up the Elohim and relieving them of their worries. Tebryn is furious about this new development and several nations are hoping he will keep a level head.​

I guess I'll have to do what I usually do to decide if they get caught. Sit around and think about it. Also, the nightmares are actually very violent. They feed on meat, too. You can read about them in the Beastiary in the lore section.
Hence why I called them flesh-eaters. :)

Besides, you know what else eats meat? Wolves, lions, bears, tigers, and griffons, oh my! Nothing that Lunan hunters can't handle.

Why don't you make your decision whether or not they get off scott free, get caught by the Infernals, or stopped by the Eloheim/Bannor/Shaim/whoever tomorrow?

It's not like we're stealing a horse-resource here: a small one for Keelyn is a diplomatic present from the Grigori, both for good relations and the hope of getting back Kimble (preferably alive, and hopefully sane). The ones that might go to the Grigori would just be a seed for whatever future horse stock they have.

Speaking of stock, you never did tell me what resources the Grigori are supposed to have. I just claimed mana by fiat, but so far my only trading resouce has been beer with a secret ingredient (which I won't tell for awhile yet: guess, I tell you, guess!).

I guess the Yokaido have mithril deposits in the hills separating them and the Grigori, but-

If you mind, PM me that. I'd like to keep it secret if I could.

I'll PM you once I find it in my notes and I'll make the decision later. Probably within the next few days.

AMURITES EXPAND TO DEADLANDS, ELOHIM PLEASED

After the Scions of Patria left the Deadlands, the Elohim were the only nation that refused to leave. The Bannor have now taken the spot of the Scions, backing up the Elohim and relieving them of their worries. The Amurites have declared that they will back up the Elohim in the Deadlands. The Amurite forces will be led by respected hydromancer Lorelei Coral. They have asked the Ngomele and the Dural to allow their troops safe passage through their lands. Tebryn is said to be furious.​

Cassiel offers mediation between the Banor and Chislev​

The Banor-Chislev war, a seeming pointless war meant only to fulfill the Chislev's need for a good fight, has gone on for many pointless campaign seasons. With the Banor interest straying to the Dead Lands, Cassiel has seen fit to now offer his mediation to both factions in the name of peace along their mutual borders.

With no great gains made by either side before or after the stalemate, Cassiel's proposal of status quo ante bellum strikes most as reasonable. His proposal for lucrative triangular trade through the Grigori trade network between the three countries also offers a strong incentive to keep that peace.

What Cassiel hopes to gain, besides the added trade as part of the peace process, is less clear. So long as both the Bannor and Chislev were fighting, neither cared to bother the Grigori.

Towards the Bannor, it is suspected that Cassiel wishes to reach an understanding of the expansion of Bannor and Grigori settlements on their border. Though the Grigori have recently begun to expand eastward once again, Bannor settlements often lead to conflicting land claims, and the nature of the border leads many Grigori to suspect an attempt at encirclement. An understanding that the Bannor should expand south and westward, away from the Grigori and possibly to restrain the Archos, could reduce tensions between the Grigori and Bannor.

What Cassiel hopes from the Chislev, who's immediate response after the end of their last war against the clan had been to invade the Bannor, is less clear. Perhaps their curiosity about the Yokaido military prowess has overcome them. The opportunity to fight an extremely able and competent enemy might distract them from thoughts of intrusion against the Grigori. Cassiel's interest in obtaining a war ally has never been much of a secret, and he's never been unwilling to coax a rival's pride and interest if it served the means and ends of the Grigori people.

Or maybe, being more interested in territorial gains, the Chislev might turn their tender affections towards the Archos, who remain highly distracted and relatively un-defended along their Chislev border.

Whether any such treaty or understanding may be achieved, of course, remains to be seen.

First post updated to include a list of the holy cities for the religions currently founded. I've also labeled the spoilers so you know what you're opening.

A New building have been raised in the Khadi Lands. This building, raised with almost impossible speed, have been made by Piett, a reknowned architect of the region. He has scoured the continents by himself making many business deals with people who funded and gave materials to build it.

This building, which mixes in various building styles from various countries, although Scion influence is more distinctive, is considered by many as a revolution in building method. Scionic Arches support the large tower. A garden is constructed in a traditional Elohim fashion. The interior shows a clever mixing of various cultures.

What is more interesting is the building speed. Piett divided the workers into two. Day shift and Night Shift. By using this, the tower was erected in just 4 months. Critics argue that since the lightings are poor at night, duh, that the tower is surely bound to have some mistakes. The public, however,thinks otherwise and is pushing to claim the tower for themselves. Already a few offer has been made. Even the government seems to be interested.

In an unrelated news, the local grave yards have been disturbed and the body taken away...

Top Bottom