Role Play Challenge, TNG: Nikola Tesla, Mad Scientist or Supergenius: You Decide

he aren't in war with Wang ... maybe trade Med/poly for Compass with Wang ... as far as i can see you don't have monopoly on Compass anymore (Gandhi knows it)

That wasn't easy round. Those tech rules really make you life miserable. Hopefully you can find an advanced trading partner on the other continent.

Trade machinery for hindu/budhis/dramah.

Landwise you are pretty much already in a winning position :D

Early astro aint bad, you can bring the war to the Zulu's land, or even better, waters :D

yeah ... that can do as well, since Napoleon have Machinery

You guys suggesting more war? Certainly Tesla has enough trouble as it is, just maintaining the continent he has now, surely a way to get CoL and whip out courthouses and grow cottages should be the priority?

If this was an off-line regular game I would certainly turtle up and recover the economy.

However, this is an RPC with Nikola Tesla. Financial/economic matters are rather unimportant to him compared with his current OBSESSION in ridding the world of Khmer and Zulu. Whether he can recover after that remains to be seen, but at least khmer can be eliminated soon.

FOOLS I'LL DESTROY THEM ALL!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha, Ho Ho Ho!!! What an insane game. What Genius. What Stupidity!

Segment do up soon, perhaps :crazyeye:

Nikola Tesla: Insanity!

Ah, the acrid smell of smoke in the air which is searing your lungs, the cold sweats that are like icy rain pelting on your face, the blood pounding in your head until your eyeballs are bright red spiders web! That my friends is the feel of OBSESSION. That my frinds is the feeling of INSANITY, especially when you do nto realize exactly what is is. That my friends is GENIUS!

We start by peaking just past the Khmers.

So the Indian Koreans share the land mass with Tokugawa.

But that is unimportant right now, for we have found another leader

Pacal of Byzantium, he of a religion different from Gandhi the Arab!

we move our experienced swordsmen into position to claim that Barbarisn city only to find.

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Zulu shall pay for this, they shall pay dearly!

Tesla is also fed up with teh Khmer on his continent, deciding to

Apprently the Khmer we vassals of the Zulu, it's these littel things that get our leader in trouble.

But before the bloodshed, let's peak at the techs

Aha! sheer genius I tell you, can you argue with such a strategy. Sure, sure the Ais also have minor techs like Monarchy/Fuedalism/Guilds but who cares when we have Optics! Zulu knights, what of it!

We succeed is throwing Tokugawa off the Continent

But there is more to do, the Zulu is a threat and MUST be destroyed!!!!!!!!!

And the fool still has a city on our continent, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, we got smart and decided to make a trade with Wang

Excellent peopl, we now only need 2 cities building wealth to avoid a military strike!

Soon we meet the last leader

Excellent, he hates our guts! This my friends is a beautiful things and falls right into our plans! Because, Peter also has

Broken the Optics monopoly for us!

We quickly trade it around

Yes, we got a war allie! Wang, you got 2 Khmer cities to take if you can. By the save he still hasn't!

Which leaves us

And we FINALLY research

And our slider jumped from -1 gold at 0% to +65. Let's hear it for intercontinental trade routes!.

Meanwhile in the north Napolean kept landing small stacks of knights/maces which we somehow fought off while sinking triemes with caravels! Very ugly and pointless, but then again Tesla feels like he's making progress, I guess, :hmm:

More importantly, we can actuallt research Code of Laws

Yipee!!!!! Come teh 1300s AD and we can start on Code of Laws!

See, that was damned fast! By the Napolean demands the Barb city back for peace which Tesla says go to hell!

And after Code of Laws

Hey, someone actually needs it!

At this point we finally made peace with napolean at the cost of Code of Laws. He can be tossed off the Continent once we get our Galleons going, we perhaps, :hmm:

The map

Hey, perhaps we can use a few more cities! But then again there is that damned Zulu city on our land mass!!!!!! IT MUST BE REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demographics

And techs!

So we have the option of building Observatories before our UB! I tell you all, this is planned by our genius leader!

SO I think we spam out courthouses bigtime using the whip, finish teching Civil Service (nice to at least match Napoelan's Mace for mace), and adjust civics all at once come CS.

At that point we shall see who is a FOOL, who is MAD, and who is a GENIUS!

Great game, I think you may actually manage to pull it off!

Shouldn't there be some more wonders Tesla craves for? :drool:

Great game, I think you may actually manage to pull it off!

Shouldn't there be some more wonders Tesla craves for? :drool:

:hmm: Yes there should be but we cannot research the needed techs! Only just got Literature for example. I am hoping Tesla can at least get first crack at the electricty tree, that would be very fitting to hit electricty and radio first. Of course I may not have longbows or knights yet.

I'm surprised, no, amazed Tesla was able to survive so long without Code of Laws.
It must be the highlight of this game: Courthouses... at 1300AD. :lol:

I'm surprised, no, amazed Tesla was able to survive so long without Code of Laws.
It must be the highlight of this game: Courthouses... at 1300AD. :lol:

Well, you know :blush: when your dealing with a Supergenius!!!

Who needs silly man-made laws when you have Newtons laws and Maxwells Equations? Oh wait, you don't have those yet!

Brilliant game thus far!

You're really into it! The raving mad Tesla monologues are so excellently written! :goodjob:

This really reminds me of Goosewing's talk in the old Count Duckula series :crazyeye:

Nikola Tesla: The Continental Reclaimation

Nikola looks upon his lands, deciding what to research next! And since there are no novel techs avaiable, he decides to research Civil Service. All goes smoothly resulting in a civic change

Which leaves us

A lost Astronomy Monopoly. Tesla uses the opportunity to backfill as many techs ashe can.

Which leaves us the opportunity to research Nationalism which noone knows! We get pretty far along, when

I guess Gandhi felt sorry for us!

At this point wang get's peace with Napolean which leads to

Bring it on Zulu dog, we want that last northern city!

Now having nationalism leaves us with

Constituion! Of course the Zulu have muskets and knights, but what does Tesla care when he has a Constitution for his people!

Much of the war was fought navaly in the north

Inferior numbers of Superior Cromerica caravels/Galleons are no match for superior numbers of inferior Zulu trimes/Galleys.

We sent a week stack, which was enough to

Ah......... Tesla OBSESSION with Continental Supremecy has been fullfilled! Now to keep it!

Around this time, Gandhi actually flexed some pend up muscle and declared war on Peter. Fine by us as Pete was one leader I was concerned about.

And after a LONG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Time waiting we finally popped

Our first Great Sceintist, used for an academy in the capital.

After we researched contitution, we traded it around.

And since there is no tech available that noone has, we are able to research

Excellent! We start builging CG II muskets and sending them to our coastal cities.

Meanwhile our tech options

Chemistry is open, known only to the Mayan, and we proceed down that path! Also Wang has declared on Napolean quite a time before, important because.

Tesla refuses! How dare the try to force it's religious tenets on the Cromerican people and attack our truest Allie! The result

BARELY fails, avoiding massive unhappiness.

With this failing, Napolean was ready to come and talk turkey.

Optics! Insignificant when we have Astronomy!

So we have peace, our Continent, and

We already know Pacal had it, so it's NOT a monopoly.

Which leads to

Stronger techs for research here!

The AP shows up again

We refuse and once again it barely passes. Tesla makes a mental note that perhaps he should spare some time to spread the AP religion Buddhism, perhaps!

AFTER chemistry we researched Steel which was unknown then

An apparent Monopoly, but I am unsure why Gandhi cannot research it. Gotta think about what's going on and if we want to trade Steel. So we saved here.

Techs

Our cities

And demographics

So what to research next???

If possible Tesla prefers to defend his continent and leave Napolean alone, easier said than done at this point. We may be forced to launch an armada and start razing Zulu cities, as Tesla does not plan on expnading over the sea. Gandhi/Wang/Pacal are safe enough and Peter looks to be going down soon.

Seems like Democracy is the way you would be forced to go, doesn't it? Honestly, it would be a shame if Tesla couldn't be the first one to complete physics. I would be tempted to trade for Scientific Method, even if it cost me Steel to do it.

I realized I forgot the last tech picture. Democracy and Physics are already founded. It looks like Gandhi already has steel opening up trades for it. Since Gandhi is putting the smackdown on Peter, I think it's safe to give Peter steel for SM.

And right now I do not see any techs we can research that noone has yet, so we have a choice.

Nikola Tesla: The Death Ray Plans

A rather slow start to an eventful session my frinds. Our tale of OBSESSION continues with Tesla's villian. Are we doomed to defeat? Perhaps, but we shall see....

we start by making teh trade of Steel to Peter for Scientific Method leading to

Yes, we have oil!

As we did not have any unkown techs to research we went after

And decided to trade it a bit.

Unfortunately we got a strange response from Gandhi

Red out, he does want to trade for it, nor can I even gift it to him????? Not sure what is up here, but Peter and wang

Well, we all know Tesla did not have a head for business! Still it allowed us to make sweeping civic changes.

The AP continued to be a nuissance

However that proposal got voted down. Future AP Pope election we abstained leaning noone in charge of the thing.,

Meanwhile we got bad news

Wang finally gave into Napolean, and you folks know pretty much where Napolean is going next.

And after manually researching Physics, we still have a choice what to research next.

Replaceable Parts opens up rifling and Steam power, both of which can help our cause so we go in that direction.

We made a slight gamble here and opted for Steam Power before rifling.

Showing we have coal and Uranium in ionly one place

See the Genius of Nikola in cleansing the continent from the Khmer filth.

Also I noticed Napolean was almost finished with rifling so we went next after

Which now left one tech on the board noone had. Time to research Artillery!

Techs at this time are

Not bad, not so good. Our research rate is pretty danged good now, so we can research everything on our own if we have to.

We now opted for several trades

Again Tesla does not care about fairness in trades, we merely want techs! We adoptede State Property, and then the fun really started.

To Be Continued......................

Nikola Tesla: The Death Ray Plans

Well, there goes any more trade with Wang! With the Zulu having twice the amount of power, this should be quite interesting.

Napolean landed a small stack in the north while we used our navy and airships to disrupt his naval plans. Surpirsingly airships and ironclads did a remarkably decent job. But I speed to far ahead.

Here you can Napoleans troops and our next tech option.

Rocketry it is! We cna certainly use SAMs for good defence!

And as we are getting slammed with Zulu cavalry, we opted for this trade with Gandhi

However, our valient effort led to

UNACCEPTIBLE!!!!!! Zulu contaminating our land again. KILL, KILLL, KILL!!!!!

We popped a Great Artist

And used him to start a 15 turn Golden Age! Sure we were suppoed to settle everyone, but we had the damned Museum wonder sn should leverage it somewhat!

And with constat attacks as well as deflecting Zulu reinforcement ships we were able to

Oranclads are one of the more useless units but in this game they certainly were worth it!

Soon we finished

And what to research next! Come on guys, you gotta know where Tesla is going here!

But apparently Napolean does not and continues to be a fool

I don't think so after all that trouble to get the city back!

Also because

MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Ha HA HA HA, Ho Ho HO. DEath to the Zulu!!!!!!!!!!

Tesla master creation is about to be realized! All bow and fear in terror the creation of the Tesla Death Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We saved here

Techs

Cities

We readjusted the capital's hammers so I expect the Manhatten Project to be done in about 12 turns.

Demographics

Well, there we are. On the verge of the Manhatten project with an Annoying Zulu Napolean at war with us!!!!!!!!!!

Also you can see in the save that Gandhi is getting closer to a culture win.

I plan to play the Insane Tesla angle all the way to the end folks. Intimidation at PAcal and Gandhi's lead??? I don't think so

How many Nukes does it take to ruin three Cultural cities????

What was his denial message for Democracy? I've never seen sth like that, not willing to accept a tech?!

:nuke: nice!

Top Bottom