Mazera Mega Story Thread

The Road
Spoiler :
Krinith had been staying at the Inn for a week now, half of it spent drunk and the other half in a hangover. The owner had been on him for the past three days about paying for his room, but he assured him that it would be payed for.

He had no money.

After the meeting with Dain, Krinith found himself wandering all around the Amurite nation, trying to find his path. He tried getting back into the Mages guild, but he found that he could no longer bear to be in the company of the other mages. He tried joining the regular army, but he found that he was not fit to pick up a sword, let alone kill a man with it. He then went into the forest, to try and live among nature, and, while he found this easier to deal with than the other two, he found that he was not fit to commune with nature either. And then there was the staff.

The staff constantly communicated with him, telling him to head north. It would also tell him of his future, but only in vague hints. It would go on about how he was destined for greatness, and how together, they had the power to destroy anything that got in their way. Krinith dismissed the staff, chalking it to the ramblings of a mad man... or a mad staff, as it may be.

As the Eighth day came by, Krinith found himself talking to a traveler with a tale of a beast of winter, a monster called Arioc the Cold Wind. Upon further examination, it appeared that Arioc was currently north of the Inn, and was circling around a town on the Amurite-Illidan border. Half drunk, he grabbed his staff and cloak, and set of for the town of Uingrad

KAHDI OFFER ASSISTANCE AS VOTAKARA WORSENS

The Kahdi have officially offered assistance to the Grigori to reach High Chief Votakara in the Dural lands. Votakara has been suffering from a relapse from the poison in his body and has been on the brink of death for days. Several Dural healers report Votakara's lips moving as if he were speaking and every now and then his eyes open wide with terror before he lapses back into his coma. The Dural are anxious for the Ordine Medicos to arrive as they don't believe Votakara can hold on much longer.​

(Sorry to pester, but: is this flying/teleporting? Magical horses? I need to know if I have to pass through the Ngomele territory or not.)

(Sorry to pester, but: is this flying/teleporting? Magical horses? I need to know if I have to pass through the Ngomele territory or not.)

They can provide either teleportation or horses equipped with enchanted horse shoes. The teleporting is still experimental while the horses will take three times as long and has the chance to run into barbarians and spiders still roaming around. Not to mention one of the great monkeys running around.

The Khadi mages had explained the dangers, not even bothering with their customary boasts of magical prowess. When a Khadi mage hid behind the words "it remains experimental," as opposed to assuming some new magic was experimental by default, it was generally safer to err on the side of caution.

Caution was safe, caution was why another team of Medicos had left on enchanted steeds to race to the Lunan ports to be picked up in a special Khadi ship soon to be commissioned, but in this case caution could cost a patient his life. The Ordine Medicos did not demand such risk, their patients could hardly expect it of them, but they expected it of themselves.

Pakun looked to his wife of two weeks, Kanna. She was a young and beautiful Khadi mage, the same Khadi mage who would attempt to send him to the continent's edge. They had cried, fought, the night after he had said he would be the one to step through. Unlike his fellow Medicos in the area, he could not ride horses. He could not make the journey by land. But he was by far the most experienced Medicos this side of the Grigori border, and the patient in question could shape the very fate of Mazera.

Pakun nodded once again as another Khadi mage explained what was going to happen. It was all Patrian to him: the magical theory made no sense, and there was nothing he could do to effect the success. The last mage had been more sensible with his advice: Pakun's affairs had been quickly set in order (everything to his wife, except his medicines to the Ordine), make peace with those he could (and oh, had he and Kanna made peace all last night), and prepare himself for the trip. (The full bag of medicines, reagents, and everything else to ensure the survival of a poisoned old man were neatly sorted and ordered, along with detailed instructions. Even if he did appear twenty or thirty feet over the Dural capital, those examining his remains would stand a good chance of stabilizing the patient.)

There was so much left that could go wrong. The Khadi had reminded that to date they had only sent through patients, and not at the best of survival rates either. Practical and commercial application of this theory remained years away.

But he was Ordine Medicos. They were not warriors, but they battled an empire of enemies to the human race, that sent brave warriors to their graves without a single slash or stab wound. He was many things, but not afriad of death.

Kanna came up to him and kissed him, deeply, for what might well be the last time.

"I want you to send me a reply through your tag immediately," she commanded through restrained tears, pressing his Khadi-crafted tag to his chest. "I want you to call to me immediately, and tell me you're alright. And when you do, don't you dare leave until I can come to you."

"I promise," he said, kissing her again. "You'll be the first to know."

They separated, and Pakun stepped up in front of the pedestal, waiting for it to begin. A host of dignitaries and important mages were on board to observe the success or failure of the experiment. Many looked as if they would rather be elsewhere in case of catastrophic failure, but looking amoung them Pakun saw why they stayed: the blue robes, which only one mage in the Khadi empire dared wear, the robes of Khadi himself. He watched them all, observing for himself what could prove to be the Khadi's greatest success.

Seeing Pakun looking at him, Khadi raised an arm and saluted him in the Khadi fashion.

"Go forward, brave Medicos, and lead where other men may one day follow!" he saluted, and his retinue scrambled to mimic his words and sentiment. "And also be sure to give my regards to Votakara's recovery!"

Remind him who is to be thanked for his survival, Pakun translated in his head, but hid it. Khadi was an ambitious man, a self-serving man, but not a bad man. There were far worse leaders even now, and at least Khadi remained open to self-improvement.

"Thank you, your lordship!" Pakun replied, and turned back to the gate as it attempted to stabilize to Mazera itself. Summoning from another plane was simple, but summoning to, and to the same plane... so many variables and inversions. Would he come out underground? In the air? Or even in the same world or time?

He could emerge in a world in which the Gods never fell. An Age in which Bhall never fell, and Kylorin's reformed Patria ruled mankind in perpetual justice and harmony.

Or a world in which the Yokaido could not be stopped. A time in which Cassiel finally, truly, fell, turning the Grigori people into twisted versions of their proud but godless people.

It was all out there, though these gates. Anything. Everything. Even nothing. The only thing you couldn't count on was surviving the trip there.

Pakun walked through the gate, and into the pages of magical history.

He is a giant magical Falcon/Eagle ... with power over the Ice Sphere. Essentially, he is quite powerful, far more so than your garden variety Manticore, although certainly no Drifa ^_^

I assume you mean an Aquilan, like Fiacra?
Bestiary of Erebus said:
Aquilan- The Aquilan are great eagles that dwell in the heart of blizzards. Many assume that the aquilan seek out the blizzards, but in truth the blizzards are formed wherever the aquilan are.

I assume you mean an Aquilan, like Fiacra?

Yes. I created Arioc in another story a while ago where I had some Illian mages/priests summon a surviving Aquilan from Mulcarn's vault. Then in a recent story I unleashed him onto Amurite lands.

Ash Floats Down Across Mazera

In recent days, a myriad of unholy tidings have occurred. Seers and mystics have fallen ill with nausea, the divinely-attuned have felt fear and hatred towards the rise of a massive vile aura, and even non-mystics have slept poorly, haunted by dreams of fire and suffering. And then there is the ash, ash following lightly and gently as snow from the far north to the East to the Western Isles.

Priests of the Order and Kilimorph look warily to the Yokaido lands, where the pyres still burn and the ash still springs forth. Even the Bannor, concerned and contrasted with the Grigroi philosophy as they are, find themselves praying for a rapid Grigori victory.

In the streets of the Infernals and Sheaim, though, there is dancing and rejoicing, and even Tebryn in the Deadlands is in a good mood.

Spoiler The Calabim Caravan V :
Ghian looked at the Dark Elf. It was one of the women that he had sold Lord Ilyth himself, but she walked with authority in her steps, and Lord Ilyth had made sure that Ghian had understood that she was a free being, and should be treated as one.

He handed her her horse with the words: "Hurry, Savilia, to your sister with your message." The elf nodded, mounted, and rode into the night. Ghian returned to the head of the column. They were some days from the border, and only about a day's travel away from their destination. He looked back. The caravan looked so much more frightening at night, when the eight dozen Moroi walked along the wagons instead of staying hid in the inner caskets. He was convinced that he had brough enough force to secure what he was sent for, he only hoped that the Moroi would not burn down the entire Plantation in their rage...

I'm glad Dean caught that. Votakara's fate will indeed affect Mazera on a large scale, it just won't seem like it at the time. It will certainly affect the fate of the Ljosalfar that lived in Bayamo before its destruction. They might've escaped, they might not have. I'm hoping you're catching that he is a very good leader, respected by many, and even feared by other leaders such as Tebryn Arbandi and Warchief Corane. I've also added a few new things to the story. Teleportation is possible, but it's highly experimental so only 1 of every 4 people sent through will survive. Teleportation is useful, but very risky at this point in time so not the best type of travel.

Also, enchanted horse shoes are now available. You can enchant them to make the horses faster, stronger, or give them waterwalking. As the Amurites and Kahdi delve into the mysteries of enchanting with the help of the Luchuirp, more items and effects will be allowed.

Also, Arioc is pretty much Fiacra the North Wind, but stronger due to its longer recovery time in Mulcarn's vault.

Eh, since Cassiel can speak/hear the dead anyway, couldn't I get the information he has regardless? ;)

(Just kidding... but did the teleportation-Medicos, or at least his package, arrive?)

Eh, since Cassiel can speak/hear the dead anyway, couldn't I get the information he has regardless? ;)

(Just kidding... but did the teleportation-Medicos, or at least his package, arrive?)

Yes, he did. In an amazing feat of magical willpower, the Kahdi focused their teleporter with their mind mana thus making it more likely that you would get through. However, it's a great strain on the mages stabilizing the portal, so it's not practical. Several of the Kahdi mages died that day.

Spoiler The Calabim Caravan VI :
Sir Farghain frowned at the young captain of the guards. "Look, it is a generous offer, captain, but I do not need any more guards on my plantation, I am having problems paying the men I have already. And I don't want any of those firebow-things near my plants, they'll just scorch my entire plantation as soon a mole rears its head!"

He rose and continued: "And now, gentlemen, if you'll excuse me, I am an old man with poor health, and I need some restituation. Good night to you, captain."

As Farghain left the room, the others looked at each other. They had all heard the rumours about the aging plantation owner, and a few of them even dared to remark what this "restituation" could be. They remained in the room talking for some minutes before leaving the plantation.

Ghian could see them leaving as he approached the plantation ahead of his column, in the last rays of today's sunlight.

Farghain opened the door, entered the room, and walked impatiently to his bed after having locked the door from within. He frowned for a moment when he found the bed empty, but then he felt her hands on his shoulders, from behind. "Ah, Dora. You're just what I need after a long day with bureaucratic idiots." He felt the goosebumps of pleasure on his skin as her hands moved from his waist and up along his torso. He only had a moment to panic when they reached his neck before she broke it with a cracking noise. Dora threw the lifeless man on his bed, arranged her clothes so they looked like they were in disorder, and left the dead man in his chamber as she ran outside to find the others.

Ghian nodded as she arrived. He raised his voice: "The guards are gathered in their quarters, except for a patrol of two. You, you take the horses and find the patrol. The rest of you, slaughter the guards and the sleeping workers. Nobody can escape to give us away yet. After you're done, plunder the storage of all reagents. If we have time and room for it in the wagons, we might even have to harvest the last of them ourselves. Now, move!"

Around a hundred shadows, a few of them mounted or centaurs, disappeared towards their destinations in the darkness. Ghian relaxed. The rest was up to the soldiers now, he had done the most of his part.

Story index updated and stories place in spoilers to take up less room. Valkrionn added to adopter list for the Legion of D'Tesh and FireBlaze has been added to the character list for Krinith Resplan. thomas.b removed from control of Brigit the Shining and Jonas Endain as they are world units. Your stories may still include them, though.

ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT

Mother Enningas of the Jotnar giants was the victim of an assassination attempt. Though she has survived, many Jotnar are worried about the inevitability of a war. The perpetrator of this attempt appears to be the Archos as several spiders were discovered near Mother Enningas and several more found around Homestead. Father Kasghenal is extremely upset while Uxol the Half-breed has yet to make a comment.​

I have been silently reading this forum for a while and I have come up with a character I want to introduce. However, before I write anything I must ask everyone what they think of the Mechanos (in particullar I wanted my character to eventually found Ordo Machirium, the relegion of the Mechanos). Another problem is that if my character founds Ordo Machirium, the Mechanos should pop up soon after, and I have no intention of adopting the Mechanos, so, untill someone is willing to take hold of the Mechanos, my character will simpley wander the expanses of Mazera.

I have been silently reading this forum for a while and I have come up with a character I want to introduce. However, before I write anything I must ask everyone what they think of the Mechanos (in particullar I wanted my character to eventually found Ordo Machirium, the relegion of the Mechanos). Another problem is that if my character founds Ordo Machirium, the Mechanos should pop up soon after, and I have no intention of adopting the Mechanos, so, untill someone is willing to take hold of the Mechanos, my character will simpley wander the expanses of Mazera.

Send me a PM with your ideas and we'll figure something out.

RIOTING ENSUES

Riots have broken out across several nations on Mazera. The Ngomele, Dural, Kuriotate, Mazatl, Illian, Lanun, Grigori, Chislev, and Hippus nations have all been the victim of a massive riot at one point or another. The economies of these nations has been slowed due to the riots and if left unchecked could escalate into a full-scale revolt.​

Top Bottom