Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

hm i tried it and everytime i start a game the loading bar freezes at the soon beginning... maybe its not compatible with BTS 3.19 ... or other compatiility issues?

it has a separated folder from FFH so the FFH version does not effect it... have no idea why it wont work

Missing User interface on loading FF

Hi All, hope this is the right place to post this.

I've got a problem whose answer, I suspect will be either blindingly obvious or painfully obscure.

I've looked for an answer here on the board and in Civ manuals but have found nothing that seems exactly the same problem.

I have run FfH2 .41 patched to patch g successfully for weeks.

My BTS is a disk based one, patched successfully via the in-game upload to 319 from the start
A few hours ago I downloaded FF from this site, and the patch B and installed them.

When the games starts, there is no user interface, just as if I had hidden it with ALT I, but no other interface elements appear - no options screen, no function key screens, even no menus or buttons in Worldlbuilder. (And ALT I does not help!)

Other than that, the game works fine :) Key stroke commands work, turns progress etc., Any ideas at all?
The mod looks great, and it is sooo frustrating sitting there watching it 'half-work'.

Thanks!
This is a known issue. It's caused by a missing python file, beause having some certain other mods installed (not sure what yet) mess with that and force theirs into FF.

I can't remember what the python file is. Hope someone else remembers. Once it's figured out, you can copy the file from your bts directory, to Ff. and it should work. If you want to try experimenting, you could try copying anything with "interface" in it's name that doesn't already exist in the FF folder, from beyond the sword/assets/python, to FF's python folder.

[Reposted here by Xien's request.]
The ranged attacks goblin archers have seems to be one of the causes of OOS issues. Removing the attack from them causes games that were previously OOSing every turn to be continuable.
So far, ranged attacks from other sources don't seem to cause this issue.

I think they're not defined correctly. In my games I see funky things in the turn log (at top of the screen) when it refers to them. I'll try to get a sceenshot.

I got patch b installed and I'm getting a CtD everytime a Ghostwalker finishes casting Mend Nature or Pelemoc finishes casting Emperor's Claim.

I attached a savegame made one turn before a Ghostwalker right next to Avitas finishes casting. Just end the turn and it crashes.

Attachments

• CtD-Haunted.CivBeyondSwordSave
    383.1 KB · Views: 102
Hiya!

I'm playing a game as an evil civ, and I've just popped the AC to 30.

Blight has produced ridiculous results. Such as reducing my capital, a great people farm with a population of 35 to a village of size 1.

Yes, it's negative health was sufficient to do that.

I noticed in the main FFH forum that the Blight effects were being applied twice... I assume that their bug has carried over to the FF 051 ? If so, is there any way that the bugfix from their patch can be hot-fixed into FF ?

The game is basically unplayable with AC on without it....

Thanks in advance.

Afaik that has never been patched successfully in FfH. In the last FfH game I played (patch g) my size 18 capital got hit with 80 unhealth from Blight.

edit: and all that came from only one Blight, I got it all at once and the AC never got lower than 30 again.

Afaik that has never been patched successfully in FfH. In the last FfH game I played (patch g) my size 18 capital got hit with 80 unhealth from Blight.

From the .51 base changelog:

129 Fixed "Multiple Blights in one Game" issue

I don't know what caused you to get hit by 80 unhealth, but in my current game, the AC went from 35 to 18 to 32 to 25 to 37, and I only got hit by one blight.

but how hard did that blight hit, I wonder?

This would take some testing. Perhaps a worldbuilder setup, with two large cities in the exact same conditions, one belonging to an AI player, and one belonging to a human. Then trigger the blight and compare how much unhealth each gets. I know there's some randomness in determining how much a city gets, but if it's hitting human players twice, it should be fairly obvious that it's happening.

The Dural have no wardec text. TXT_KEY_DURAL_WAR or somesuch. I guess nobody expected them to ever declare.

And people wonder why I want to play without the Armaggedon counter. <Shudder> Most broken feature of any mod ever, that Blight is. :(

Anyhow, if I get any major bugs, I'll report them here for certain.

The attached savegame crashes when the turn is ended. I think the crash is caused by Amelanchiers priest that finishes casting Bloom that turn. If I remove the priest with the worldbuilder the game doesn't crash.

Attachments

• CtD-Bloom.CivBeyondSwordSave
    614.8 KB · Views: 91
We've talked about this in the Mod-Modder's Guide Thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well since people who aren't mod-modders might not see it and be able to confirm (or not) it.

This link shows the problem. Basically, when you summon the Infernals and then switch to them, your visibility and flag do not correctly shift unless you reload. (Here is the original post I made with a screenshot attached). I've ran into the bug when converting a custom civ that is summonable, and xienwolf asked people to confirm it. In the first link, a friend of blade117's has had this problem, and in another post Opera mentioned runnning into it at one point.

I'd post a save except the issue is solved when you reload. So that wouldn't work.

Not as many posts as I had thought there were during my hiatus. I have updated first post now to contain all of the items reported while I was out of the code. Please check to see that anything you have reported which is still not fixed is mentioned in the first post somewhere and inform me if it is not.

Is Acheron supposed to be held in the new versions? I reckon so he doesn't leave his post, but I don't like it this way. I liked capturing him and using him in war!

He's supposed to be held until captured. And lose Held when you capture him.

I'm not certain why that isn't currently working, though. it is a bug.

Playing with latest FF and patch b and blah blah ;).
Playing as the Scions, with all FF civs in game, plus some FFH ones to fill out the huge map.:mischief:;)
CTD recurrable - as soon as you hit end turn, after the barbs move, the game CTD.

I found the culprit by deleting civs, then deleting unit stacks until i got the bothersome pain in the arrgh to save you guys the effort of finding it.
The culprit is a bunch of 5 odd Elohim units, conveniently siting 2 tiles west of their last city, in their borders. Maybe it was the smell of the incense (same tile) which made them cause the CTD... :lol::D
Delete the stack, and hey, i can continue the game when i end turn :crazyeye: talk about weird...
Save attached, and a pic of where the naughty Elohim units are smoking.:crazyeye: Maybe its something that the worker is doing? *shrug*

Attachments

• itstheirfault - CTD.JPG
    itstheirfault - CTD.JPG
    466.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Administrator Turn_0224.CivBeyondSwordSave
    579.4 KB · Views: 60
Educated guess. I'd say the problem is nothing to do with how many/what units they are, or where they're standing. There are 3 significant factors.

1. Control. They're AI
2. Civ. They're Elohim
3. Location. They're right next to the pool of tears.

The elohim have a sciv specific event when a unit enters there. It's quite likely that the AI triggering this event causes the crash.

Huh. But I think the only thing that changes is that the Elohim get expansive, so unless there's a code hiccup somewhere, that shouldn't do any damage, I'd think.

This game crashes when I try to load it.

Attachments

• Hannah the Irin Turn_0517.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
Top Bottom