Mazera Mega Story Thread

The effect took place quickly. Suddenly. Grotesquely.

The full moon did... something... to the Baron. He changed completely, he changed not at all. For a moment he was at the peak of his strength, and feeble. Free of his curse, and condemned beyond all salvation. Even if you couldn't put your finger on it, you could tell just by watching.

Cassiel watched the happening impassively. His ministers could not. When the Baron recovered, he saw there looks.

"Pay it no mind," he said, gratefully accepting a glass of wine offered by the minister's daughter. "It lasts for just a moment."

"Very well," Cassiel agreed, though the disbelief of everyone else was aparent. "Shall we continue then?"

"Yes," the Baron agreed. "I believe we were discussing the terms of my pack's immigration into your lands."

"And I believe we were telling you that we would welcome you and yours into our lands as any other refuge group from a religious war."

The Baron snorted, both humane and bestial at the same time. "There is nothing regular about our curse," he said. "Through much time and much time alone have we come to master it. My pack and I are not mere refugees. We are our own people, our own race. I will insist that we be accommodated accordingly."

"And what do you have in mind?" asked the Prime Minister.

"Our own reserves. Our own lands to work and settle, so that none may disturb us and we may live in peace. Acknowledgment as a distinct stateless group, along the lines of what you have tried to offer the Svartalfar multiple times."

"You wish to be a unique state under our nominal protection? A domestic nation?" asked the Prime Minister. "Impossible."

"Have you a better means to insure my Pack receives all the protections and privileges that you wished to offer the Svartalfar? They have not come to aid you, but Me and Mine have."

Cassiel prepared to speak when none of his advisers were willing to answer, but a younger attendent, the Minister's own daughter, spoke. He let her continue.

"Yes," she said, taking the initiative. "We have seen what happens if every people makes their own walls in a shared city: they repeat the tragedy of Vokatara's great city. We can not, will not, set your people aside in their own homes, to keep them from our current citizens. If we do, then neither side will understand or adapt to eachother. We must integrate, for we have no choice. It may be hard, but so were the first years of the assimilation of the Western territories and the Clan conquests. If we integrate, if your pack comes and assimilates with us as we adapt to you, then they will have the protections you seek."

The Baron looked at her. "And who will speak for them as regular citizens?" he asked. "How can they rely on me and I lead them if I do not have a place at the Minister's table, to speak their concerns and make them heard? Answer me that, little girl."

Mouar looked uneasily about, unable to answer without the authority behind it. Cassiel nodded to her and took the lead.

"It occurs to me there is a solution to your concern, a compromise. Prime Minister, if I may?" he asked, a formality when everyone looked to him to guide them.

"Make the Baron's people, the werewolves, as regular citizens in our lands. Let them have the same freedoms and the same responsibilities as their race."

"But I ask that the Baron be voted by the Progress a permanent, voting, position as an Elder Statesman: he is, after all, far older than everyone but myself in this room, palace, and even city combined. The Progress has the authority to appoint such a member among there own." He turned to the Prime Minister. "And you, Prime Minister: Accept the Baron into your counsel. He is well experienced in the ways of war, in the uses of his pack, and could provide much sound advice as well as speaking the concerns of his own. Appoint him as you appoint the rest of your advisors."

"It seems to me to strike the best of balance. You, Baron, will have a visible role in affecting your people. And you, Prime Minister, will be assured that there will be no fifth columns in our lands. Does this strike the assembled as a reasonable compromise?"

There were nods of agreement, though the Baron said "It is a fair start," at least, but they had made progress.

Then an aid entered, and whispered into Cassiel's ear. He made no response, but stood up to address his council.

"I am afraid that a great crime has been committed," he said, and the news of another Adventurer's murder roiled the room.

cypher132 said:
Fear is a powerful tool, Cassiel. If you can scare a man's mind you can throw off his focus or make him less in control of his emotions. Control the mind and you control the body, Cassiel. I sent my messenger to you peacefully and you arrested my man. Consider your...Loss as a little lesson. I hope you learn fast.

Sincerely,
Onstad Hastil

To: Onstad Hastil, Betrayer of Secrets, Agent and Tool of Mammon's Greed, and Murderer of Cabal Tenhare

Your man came did not in peace. He came despite our open refusal of your offer, and our open repudiation of your means. He came seeking to guide us to betray our close friends the Eloheim, for whom we have much regard and affection. He came to seek our unknowing aid in assassinating a fair leader of the Jotnar, a people with whom we have no qualm and bear no malice. He came in search of treachery, of corruption of virtue, of blood.

We warned that we would have no dealing with you. We warned that any attempting such deals in our lands would pay a price. And there has never been any doubt that attempted bribery of a Grigori official is a high crime indeed in our lands.

You sent him, Onstad. You knew the risks, and of our statements. For such foolishness, sending your man to the Eloheim, a people known for their gentle interrogations, should have been a cause to thank us. And now you have discarded your own responsibility in this matter, of pressing forward despite being warned, and killed an innocent man with no relation to either you or my decision.

Do you know what we Grigori call such an action, when one man kills another over an argument he had with a third?

Murder. Murder of the highest, most senseless caliber.

It may not concern you yet, Onstad Hastil, but it concerns us greatly. And soon it will concern you as well.

Let it be known far and wide that the bandit, thief, assassin, and murderer known as Onstad Hastil is wanted by the Grigori Republic for high crimes and misdemeanors. He and his band are criminals of the State, and a generous reward for them or their information leading to their capture will be provided. Any messenger of his band of villains will be promptly arrested regardless of the circumstances.

We will hunt down this criminal for his actions against the Grigori, their allies, and the neutrals of Mazera. We will press against his malign advances and offers wherever we see them, and we will attempt to make his endeavors unfruitful.

Any nation that cooperates with us will be viewed fondly by us. Any nation that partakes of his services and seeks to hid him will face our extreme displeasure, and will be liable to lose all rights for the benefits and protections of the Ordine Medicos until their position changes.

Let it be known that this edict will not be rescinded until Onstad Hastil is brought forward for Grigori justice.

Signed on this day of X of Y in the year of Z,

Cassiel, Elder Statesman of the Grigori Republic

PRISON BREAK

An Elohim prison in Inishbofin has been the target of a recent attack. No one is sure how it happened, but an explosion was reported from one side of the building. Several of the prisoners escaped, including Onstad Hastil's agent, Garthal Morgirn, a Khazad dwarf that left Khazak before the dwarves disappeared. Most of the prisoners have been rounded up, but a few remain at large and Morgirn is believed to be long gone.​

The Spirit Crystal
Spoiler :
Tarkar strode down the street and looked around in wonder at all the Balseraph amusements. Perpentach had declared the festival of Revelry and the war had been ceased for a week so all nations could partake in this festival. Tarkar had jumped at the opportunity and here he was in the middle of Hexam staring at a woman hanging from the ceiling by hooks in her skin. The Balseraphs had some strange ideas of amusement and he simply shrugged it off as one of them.
Tarkar continued onward until he heard a vendor shouting at him. "Hey, you! Dural! Come over here!" Tarkar was wary of an attack as the Balseraphs were not fond of the Dural, even if there was a cease-fire. "Hey, Dural. I think I got something you might like." The Balseraph merchant looked left and right then reached under the counter of his booth. He picked up a box with a sheet over it and set it on the counter. He checked around again then took the sheet off the box. "A real, pure spirit mana noda crystal. I got it from a Kahdi trader, said it would help with spirit magic then I remembered that I can't do magic! So, what do you say? I can sell it to you for, say...75 gold."
Tarkar looked at the crystal. It looked and felt like a spirit mana node, but nodes usually didn't come apart into crystals like this. Sure, he had heard of the Amurites and Kahdi have such crystals, but he had never seen one before. "Sure, I'll take it. 75 gold you said?" The merchant nodded and held out his hand. Tarkar picked up the sack by his waist and got out 75 gold before placing it in the merchant's hand. The merchant put a wooden top on the box and Tarkar carried it home. He would study it tonight and maybe he could harness its power...

The Spirit Crystal is now considered a magical item. I'll be introducing more magical items within the next few days to give more emphasis on individual characters.

As to the wars concerning the hippus/illians, there is no particular troop movement nor is there any official declaration. Currently the military situation between Luchuirp, Doviello, and Illians is pure Anarchy. No one really is certain how things will turn out.

It will however be noted that before the plague started, Alexander sent a shipment of mithril to the Luchuirp and asked that they may have peace. There has been no response from the Luchuirp, and however the two nations are still "officially" at war (due to no response from the second party) there has been no major troop movement on either side, and I believe the Luchuirp mining company is wary as ever. Alexander also asked that the Doviello cease their war on the Luchuirp, however currently the Doviello still have no government. Mal'deGrashni was so intertwined in the politics concerning the Doviello, that when he left (into hiding) the "state" of the Doviello went into anarchy.

Doviello are still living out their lives, although instead of a military alliance it is currently a split-nation. The populists accuse the imperialists of allowing the Doviello peoples to be Manipulated by foreign influence. However "populists" and "imperialists" are roman terms I'm using to describe the loosely organized parties. The imperialists refer to themselves as the Order of the Wolf, and prefer a more organized and recon outlook for the Doviello. The Order of the Wolf prefer to worship nature, magic, or the earth, and have up to this point mainly revering nature, and keeping order in the lands. Now however, most outposts of the Order otw have been slain by the Chaos loving "flesh-eating pups." The flesh eating pups are a rogue, anarchistic, and bloodthirsty group that plays towards the Doviello peoples lower-self, or more evil nature. While the Order of the Wolf want the power for themselves, and keep the people in line (unless on the battlefield), the flesh eating pups allow for thieving, looting, and killing. Whenever possible. They are an anarchial rebellion commiting non-stop terrorist acts against the Order of the Wolf whenever possible, and fight against other clans to gain "territory." They are more like a vicious gang than a government, and to live in their territory is to follow them, or have worse things done unto ye than death. The flesh-eaters are extremely short sighted, and officially have no central leadership, or plans after victory. Due to their nature and values, they are most likely to follow Ashen Veil or the White Hand. However, one particular flesh-warrior has amassed popularity among the rebels, called Blood-Ripper. He is large even for a Doviello, and it is said that after a battle, he finds enemies that are still alive (on the battlefield) and eats them.

These two groups, the imperialist government that kept the people in line, and the bloodthirsty rebels that wish to tear it asunder, are not alone by any means. There is also the Order of the Claw, Fang Shield, Wings of the Raven (where mahala is from), the Hill Tuskmen, Ice-fishers, and the Growling Hearts. These are fairly large Doviello packs, and are currently fighting for Dominance. There are no reports of Mahala, as has been stated earlier, however there are rumors that she was rejoined with her Wings of the Raven kinsmen and have been assasinating any flesh-eater demagogues that show up near their lands attempting to raise a blood-army (or blood-mob). Each pack is trying to use the anarchy to expand their control, and while the flesh-eater pups have thrown most of the Doviello territory into a pure anarchy blood-bath/ looting spree, when you consider the lands of the Doviello still under organized rule the Wings of the Raven hold the most land and people.

Meanwhile, the Order of the Wolf is holed up in the main citadel/capital of the Doviello, with the largest standing and trained army in doviello lands. While no one is fool enough to face such an army on the field, efforts of the flesh-eaters have made it increasingly difficult for the Order of the Wolf to gather food to feed their army.

Meanwhile, the Wings of the Raven have been overall successful in thwarting the aggressions of the Flesh-eaters. The Wings of the Raven are wise to the tactics of guerrilla warfare, and if they have as many skilled assassins and hunters as are rumored, it would take a little more organization than the flesh eaters to take them off their roost.

As to the hippus, their government is being purged as of late, and the hippus peoples are being openly taught of the Empyrean and other religions, although a charismatic robed figure has been gathering more attention towards the glories of the Empyrean than ever thought possible. At first it was suggested that he become honorary Vicar of the Hippus, and then screams were made to give him the title of Grand Luridus. He has begun creating a monastic order of light bringers, vicars, and ecclesiasts to indoctrinate the surrounding people of the Empyrean light. The hippus peoples have suffered such hardship as of late (those not generals or commanders), and so the religion is spreading like wild-fire among the lower-classes.

Meanwhile, Varn Gosam is teaching the ways of the empyrean to Alexander, his inner circle, and other heads of state newly appointed by Alexander.

Gosam and Alexander are equally mentoring the new heads of State upon the proper roles of governance. This has lead to certain city Governors to attempt to rework the Beuracracy in order to bring a greater transparency to the political mechanisms. A few such radicals have even instated elections, partially inspired by the current Grigori Republic.

As to foreign affairs, the hippus have been as quiet as a mouse. The rare hippus will venture out-side the borders, although quite a few farmers and small time merchants have fled the borders to visit the Balseraph revelry. They were allowed leave. Although they were also shut out from hippus borders, permanently. (until the Plague dies down)

However, if the Medicos insist, they can have a medicos way-sation where returnees can slowly regain entry into hippus lands after being verified with a clean bill of health.

There is no out-side movement among the hippus armies, other than Captain Mynan with his small group of Radonnor Knights. Therefore there is essentially no current wars being waged by the hippus. While the hippus may not currently be "friends" with the Illians, there is no warfare. Partially because of the plague, and partially because no-one is paying them to.

//To better explain this, all troops stationed out of hippus lands (well they had to be fairly close-by other than Mynan) were called back into hippus borders before the border regulation was fully in place.

Cabal Tenhare looked out across the city landscape. He had been perched on this building for hours, waiting for any attempts at an assassination of Cassiel. His ravens flapped around him, ready to alert him of any danger that may approach. However, he had noticed something odd in the past few minutes. The sound of his ravens cawing reaches him from sides, but a point get quieter and quieter with each passing moment.
Cabal stood up and unsheathed his dagger. When his ravens stop cawing, that means something has gone wrong. He stepped forward slowly and saw several his ravens dead on the roof of the building or lying on the ground below. Cabal heard a small crack before a dagger was driver through his skull. Nikoro caught Cabal's body and hefted it up on his shoulders. He would have to hurry before the ravens noticed that their master had been slain.

Oh, NOW who is Stephanos sposed to kill?

There will be a new Doviello leader that will be more along the lines of Auric Ulvin. The Doviello war against the Luchuirp continues. You'll just have to watch as the leader rises.

Icarus has been wandering for some time now. Caught by suprise in Chislev lands (when he was last in civilized land, Chislev was at peace), he has stumbled upon several war parties, and has narrowly escaped death many times.

Spoiler :
Icarus panted heavily. He had incredible stamana for a human, but even he had his limits. He had been on the run from Chislev war parties for week now. No, maybe two weeks. Or had it only been days? He couldn't remember. He had lost track of all time and direction. He now deeply regreted his gamble in the Chislev lands. He walked though the thick bush, moving as silently and swiftly as he could. Telemachus now rested on his shoulder, head twitching in all directions. The bird suddenly snapped to attention, staring just ahead; he heard something.

Icarus slowed his pace, crouched into a fighting position, and crept through the dence jungles. He saw a shadow coming from a large person, just behind the bushes. As he moved to make the kill, he heard a sound behind him, a quite straining; like the sound make by drawing a bow. He ducked to the ground, the arrow aimed at his back just missing. He whirled around, and he jumped into the trees above. Landing infront of the archer, hidden in the bows of a tree. As his foe fell to the ground, he realized that the archer was not Chislev. He was a very mucular man, resembling one of the northern beastmen of the Doviello.

Icarus paled, his heart beat hastend. He realized that the man he killed was not a Chislev warrior, but that of the savage Archos. As this dawned on him, he was ripped from the tree on which he stood. Shocked, Icarus looked around to see what had happend. He was wraped in very fine, strong, thick, sticky, spider web. Panic over took him. He had become spider lunch. A masive spider crashed through the trees to claim his prise. The spider gnashed it's jaws, venom dripping from enourmous fangs. The spider stepped over him. A silver streak shot out of the sky, directed at the spider. It hit, and passed through the thick body, leaving a clean hole, burned around the edges. Icarus saw the body collapse. White hot pain shot through his legs, darkness surronded his vison as he slipped out of consiousness.

And now, something from the prespective of the silvery bird, Telemachus.

Spoiler :
The last week or so, had been more troublesome than Telemachus had atticipated. The boy did not seem to keep himself out of trouble for more than a couple of days! Even he, an ageless being, could not be everywhere at once. Perching on Icarus' shoulder, he was restlessly vigilant. Even so, he barely noticed an archer on time, giving Icarus enough time to evade death, again. While he left the boy to dispose of the archer, Telemachus noticed an oversized spider, it's many eyes on Icarus. This time he did not have enough time to warn the boy, instead, he took off, high into the sky. The spider stood just over Icarus. Telemachus dived, pulling heat from his core, he burned a hole strait through the fowl creature. Unfourtunatly, the body of the brutish beast landed on Icarus' legs. The boy boy fainted in pain.

Telemachus sighed with impatiants. He glided to the ground. Stretching out to the life around him, he drank in natures power. He called to the heat in his core, slowly incinerating the body. The remains burned to dust, and floated away on the winds. Telemachus slowly pulled the heat back into his body. His boy was safe for now, his chosen would go on. He glided to the ground, to watch over the body of the uncontious, Icarus...

Hmm... I think I might change it later, but it's the best I can do for now. If you don't like it (the second part in particular) I have no problem with removing it. Like I said, probably going to change the second part greatly, mabey a little of the first...

Edit: Finnally got around to changing the second part, took longer than I hoped, and I still don't like it much, but it's the best I can do with this...:think:

I'm going to take this moment to ramble real quick. All OOC, of course.

I am going to speak of the story of Deremei Diranth and Onstad Hastil. Deremei was a Goblin archer that kicked my ass for a long time. Onstad Hastil was a Goblin of mine that got really strong. They founded the Diranth Clans and Hastil Clans. They go to war and Onstad Hastil kills Deremei Diranth. Onstad Hastil takes over the remains of Diranth's clan and goes to war with the new upstart Metalthief Clan.

Thank you for listening. You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.

SHEAIM NEGOTIATE PEACE, NEW MASTER SERGEANT

Os-Gabella of the Sheaim has met with Cardith Lorda of the Kuriotates. After a long 7 year battle, peace has finally been reached between the two nations. They have agreed to open borders, have traded their POWs, and let their merchants begin trading with the other nation. With the new peace, Os-Gabella has assigned Voltan de'Geryon as the new Master Sergeant of the Sheaim army. de'Geryon has already increased funding in the training of the Sheaim soldiers and has expanded the search for mana nodes in Sheaim lands.​

Calabim Arena
Spoiler :
Balmius strode down the spiral stairs to the arena floor. He had been looking for his Master Sergeant and he was told he was in the arena. Upon entering the viewing area, he noticed the Master Sergeant, Sigillum, standing by the gate and watching a fight in the arena. The fight was between a Calabim Moroi and a Hill Giant, a highly lopsided fight. However, the Moroi seemed to be holding his own as the Hill Giant had its own wounds, Balmius strode up next to Sigillum and placed his hands on the gate.
"Why are you having all the Moroi fight Hill Giants? It seems like more of them would die that way. Don't we want as many as we can get?" Balmius watched as the Hill Giant swung its club towards the Moroi on the ground before the Moroi was able to dodge. The Moroi was able to run around to the back of the Hill Giant, causing it to slowly turn to face him. "Though, they seem to be doing well." Sigillum smirked.
"Yes. He is one of the best. He's made it through several rounds of testing and so far he remains among the top ten recruits. I decided that to beat the enemy, we need the strong warriors. We will adopt a basic philosophy, survival of the strongest. The weak will be killed by the Hill Giants and the ones who win will fight another battle after healing. We have many excellent recruits, such as Tarnas here. We also have Hakon, Fellon, and Korobar. They've all excelled and once Tarnas beats this Hill Giant, their class will be added to the Calabim army." Balmius looked at Sigillum in disbelief.
"So, you're willing to just throw away human lives for this? Don't forget, you're a human, too!" Sigillum turned and slapped Balmius. "Quiet, Balmius. You know of my intentions. Our nation is one of the most overpopulated in Mazera. This weeds out the weak and leaves the strong, leading to a stronger nation. This lowers our population and keeps it in the manageable zone as well. Too many citizens leads to collapse. This is a good thing." Balmius looked at Sigillum as he continued to watch Tarnas fight. And he believed it.

Also, I'd like to point something out real quick. Most of my stories are rather short, but they give you several clues and hints about storylines and even gives you targets for assassination or other diplomatic stuff. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that so you take that into account with your storylines.

What's this about Stephanos?

Stephanos the Snake-Tounged is, in Lore, said to have first appeared outside/inside the Grigori lands. Along with turning a Grigori army, he and his slew two Grigori Adventurers, including Cabal Tenhare.

Enslavement/escape from Stephanos is actually the base backstory for a character in the works, and may/may not be used according to how the story goes.

Well, technically he had the Tenhare brother's own troops kill them, but yeah.

The first thing Asok noticed were the colors. At every major border crossing into Balseraph lands was a boiling cauldron, filling the air with a sweet smelling and mildly hallucinogenic mist. Gaily painted banners streaked over the road, while dancers dressed only in silk ribbons streaked through the streets. Vendors hawked every ware imaginable, and one only had to leave the main boulevards to find things unimaginable. Though he had come with a mission, Asok allowed himself to be swayed by the atmosphere. An impromptu parade was forming around him, and he had always loved to dance.
She had lived in Coralspire. The simple caravan guard and the Professor's daughter - like something from a bardsong, sung to sweet melodies. Black raven hair and elven eyes framed a mischevious smile. She taught him to see life as if each day was a gift.
Asok detached himself from the danging throng which was quickly degenerating into an orgy. He chose a quieter alley to walk down, never hurrying. As he passed another Venenos offering free samples, it occured to him that this would be his only chance to see Jubilee. He came to an inn, The Freak's Respite, and went about securing a room. The price was exorbitant, even for a festival's markup, but then, this was no ordinary festival.
They met in a seaside inn. He had just gotten back from a 'van to the Sidar desert, and he had a mighty thirst. He was three cups in when he overheard her speak of the Old Malakim and their nomadic lives. When he turned to add his piece he spilled an entire mug of ale down her blouse.
The room was small, and worth less then a sliver of the coin he gave the barkeep, but it was empty save for him. He had four days to wait before his chance would come. Back to the alley and the unscrupulous druggists, back into the crush of bodies and the unending party. He asked discreet questions and bribed generously, and eventually found what he wanted.
He was a skilled swordsman, a practiced fighter, and a master of the thrown blade. His employment and his survival depended on a certain level of grace, but when he was with her, the practiced steps and careful aim vanished. She found that he had never learned to dance, and so decided to teach him. They met at the seaside inn and tipped the bard well, and so always got the songs they loved. What began as simple flirting was blossoming into something more.
"I need a drug, a very special one. I was told that you are a master of using mind mana to enhance their effects. I need a drug that will carry a memory, vividly, and let another live it. And I need this drug to be delivered in a very small dose"

"I see," mused the Venenos, "and will this 'drug' be administered orally, or through a blade?"

Asok blushed. He had meant to be discreet, but he was never very good at subterfuge. "A blade, good sir. And I will not tell you for whom it is meant."

"I am neither good, nor a sir, and I do not care on whom my magic is used. I simply need to get the dosage right. Too weak, and your friend will pass before the drug takes hold. Too strong and his mind will be torn apart, and that leaves little room for vengeance, eh? This will not be cheap, for it is a powerful magic, and I imagine it will not be easy. Take this, and hold it tight. Relive the memory, in every vivid detail, over and over for the next two days. At that time, bring it back here, and I will have the rest of the formula complete."

He took the crystal from the man and returned to his room. The next two days were filled with pain and longing as he relived the day he found her.
He was returning from the Elohim lands guarding a caravan of ancient texts when he heard of the siege of Coralspire. He raced towards the glittering city, killing sentries and skirting armies when he saw the great encampment upon the hill. In the center of the companies of Mimics and Mages, he saw her, flanked by her Balors and giving commands. As he paused at the edge of the forest, wondering how to cross the plain unseen, he saw the shadow of the wave first. Though the crash of its impact was louder, it was the screams that rang in his ears. With the receding waters, he charged at the city. Perhaps the Balseraphs mistook him for a particularly good mimic, as he met no resistance. As the enemy sacked his once beautiful city, Asok wandered amidst the rubble, looking for his love. He found her in the ruins of the seaside inn, bloated and blue, with her face locked in a terrified grimace.
The event was unprecedented. Keelyn herself was giving a puppet show in Jubilee Square. The attendees began arriving the day before, bringing plenty of supplies to stay up all night. Asok was not among them. He came early in the morning, and managed to get a good vantage point by being the only party-goer still sober enough to climb a tree. The show started, and was a riotous success. All the audience but one laughed, cried, and screamed as one. At the end, Keelyn took the stage for a bow, and when she did he was ready. He raised his hand with the poisoned dagger and

She has her eyes!

His mind balked at what he saw. Still gripping the dagger, he could not look away.

And her smile, the whole face! How can this be?!

Keelyn looked up and the world stopped. She smiled at her assassin, and her voice tore through his mind. "Asok! Sweetie I thought you'd never make it. I had so much fun with you; Daddy says I've got a gift for mind magic! I hope you like the life I gave you - your last one was so boring I just had to do something better. Want to see your real life? Go ahead, see for yourself!"

Against his will, Asok felt his other hand grab the hilt of the dagger and turn it inwards. As his blade pierced his chest, a flood of memory washed over him, more real then anything he had felt in months.
He was blind drunk again, and the whore knew it. She ran her fingers through his chest hair and cooed while she untied the strings of his coinpurse with the other. Though he was barely conscious, he was still a caravaneer and his purse was almost second skin. Bellowing in rage, he hit her mercilessly. He did not stop soon enough, and when he came to he knew she was dead. He felt the sudden urge to vomit, and leaned out the window overlooking the pier. His mind reeled at the wall of water approaching him, and as it hit he hoped only for and end to a meaningless life. Blackness washed over him...

...and he awoke, looking into the most beautiful face he had ever seen. Black raven hair and elven eyes framed a mischevious smile. She turned to the Balor next to her and grinned. "Oooh, he'll do nicely. This one should be fun."

I'm very, very tired today after a long week of assisting my brother move. Today, I'm going to be taking a break meaning no major stories from me, though there will be the occasional update. You can continue with the stories and stuff and you will still get replies from leaders you write to and I will respond to any PMs I receive, but I won't be instigating anything today. Continue.

BARRIER DISRUPTED, EXPLORATION ALLOWED

The Austrin, along with the help of Amurite and Kahdi mages, have broken down the barrier that prevents entry into the Underhome. The Austrin have restricted access to it, leaving a guard at its entrance at all times. They have sent in an elite exploration squad led by a Dural man named Helviar Kilvir. Along with Kilvir will be a lizardman adventurer Ericai, a Gnosling named Nikoro with a shield bearing the symbol of Onstad Hastil, a representative of the Diranth Clan named Magrai Stonebreak. The Austrin await their return.​

Joke post. I don't have an opinion one way or the other.

NEW CLAN RISES

A new Clan of Orcs has risen near Luchuirp lands. The Smellmouth Clan, led by a troll known as Margaret Thatcher the Iron Lady, have begun raiding villages on the outskirts of Luchuirp and Hippus territory. Margaret Thatcher has made no official announcement and all attempts to speak to her have been ignored. It remains to be seen how these nations will react.​

Top Bottom