MilarNES II: Civilizations of the World

Yeah. If you surpass 2 in the tire factor, you start to lose EC, and if you reach 5 (quite difficult) then you can't do projects for 5 turns
Lose it Permanently or just temporarily?

To: Rabble leadership of Sessentia

We demand the immediate surrender of all Sessentian territories into Attican control. Your people will be treated fairly and as equals to any Attican. We do not wish for any harm to come to them, but if you continue to resist for much longer, we can't be held responsible for what the average Attican Joe Schmo might do to barbarian Sessentians....

Hecktor winced as he raised his sunburned flesh from the freezing Danube. "You know, Cressida, if the army could harness stuff like this," he said, smacking his sunburn a little, "I doubt those northern Sessentians could resist King Georg much longer." Cressida just smiled and nodded at that, patting him down softly with the sheepskin he had left on the shore. "Yeah, sure.. You could call it.. Attican Fire. Why don't you go and tell King Georg himself all about how he can do it?" Hecktor frowned. "Now you're making fun. Just for that, Cressida, one day I AM going to tell someone. Someone important. Someone who will make it happen. One day. And you'll get none of the credit." At this, they both blew raspberries.

Just noticed my research in Pottery isn't shown in my stats. I should have 3 EC in that.

Also, why are my trade levels with Azteca and Taino (1/4) while theirs are higher (2/4). Can this be fixed?

:w00t:

Orders Sent.

Tech Chart:
Africa (3): Agriculture (1), Ceremonial Burial (3), Hunting (2), Stone Mining (2)
America (6): Agriculture (3), Animal Husbandry (3), Ceremonial Burial (5), Hunting (2), Stone Mining (3), Wheel (4)
Asia (8): Agriculture (7), Animal Husbandry (8), Ceremonial Burial (5), Fishing (8), Hunting (3), Stone Mining (6), Wheel (4)
Europe (3): Agriculture (3), Animal Husbandry (2), Bartering (2), Ceremonial Burial (2), Fire (3), Fishing (1), Hunting (1), Stone Mining (1), Wheel (2)

Isn't the (3/4) boundary (in which everyone then gets it) already reached for Agiculture and Stone Mining in Asia?
Also, isn't that rule ridiculusly skewed for areas with fewer nations?
Finally... I'm not sure if I understand the numbers after the areas (( America (6) )) for example.. i mean.. europe has more than 3 nations! (doesn't it?)

Isn't the (3/4) boundary (in which everyone then gets it) already reached for Agiculture and Stone Mining in Asia?
Also, isn't that rule ridiculusly skewed for areas with fewer nations?
Finally... I'm not sure if I understand the numbers after the areas (( America (6) )) for example.. i mean.. europe has more than 3 nations! (doesn't it?)

No, the 3/4 of 11 nations (number of nations in Asia) is 8 (approximately).
Well, once Bronze Age appears in different continents, I plan to create a couple of extra nations around. Europe would get at least 3, and Africa 2. That way, it should offset the problems with the
The numbers after the areas is the number of nations that need to get a certain technology for it to be shared.

ooh, so the number after the Region is the number of how many are needed before it gets shared?

Africa
In the continent of Africa, where humanity has been going on for much more time than in other lands – although all nations in the world mysteriously appeared at the same time – there is much celebration as many nations advance technologically speaking. While Eskimogypt continued investigating the old but proven things, the rest of the nations in the continent – Berberia, Carania and Tripolitania, which have formed the Northern Alliance – have taken to find new things that not many in the world know. Also, the development of civilization in the continent goes on: in the eastern African capes, a new nation, Demit, which is said to be ruled by a Queen whose powers exceeds that of all men in the nation, and that the crown is only inherited by the Queen's daughters: the reason for this is that, since women are the ones that can have children, they tend to run things, and while the army is mostly formed by men, their elite units are women; also, in the western coast, the Oyo Empire has risen in-between the jungles, formed by fierce warriors with a strict sense of honour and with a curious governmental system by which their Alaafin is chosen by a council, the Mesi, and a group of notable freemen, the Ogboni.

Berberia: expands, discovers Mysticism (+2 Culture), enters Bronze Age, +3% Imshal, meets Arago
Carania: expands, discovers Writing (+5 Culture), enters Bronze Age, +5% Molok, meets Arago
Demit: existence, +4 EC, +1 Slinger, enters Bronze Age, +5% Jedidiah
Eskimogypt: expands, discovers Wheel, +4% Trianglism, opens trade with Tripolitania
Oyo Empire: existence, +4 EC, +1 Warrior, enters Bronze Age, +5% Ifa
Tripolitania: expands, discovers Mysticism (+2 Culture, Bonus: +10% Elemental Spirits), investigates Sailing (3/10), +6% Elemental Spirits), enters Bronze Age, opens trade with Eskimogypt

America
The aftermath of the disappearance of the Nation of Prisma won't be felt for a lot of time, but already there have been several things that have been arranged due to it, most importantly the great advance of the Kingdom of Utul, which, like others, has entered a new age of discoveries and events. As Ciboney and Taino continue with their efforts to create a joint nation, Maya has started to influence the border towns in the nations of Azteca and Taino in order to take over their lands and become the main power in Central America. However, some sages in Taino have managed to invent a way with which the spoken word can be put into something like a piece of wood or an animal's skin, and so said message may be carried over to other people that may know how to decipher the used symbols. Also, the Kingdom of Utul launched an expedition towards the south in order to find the fabled lands of a nation that has many strange animals, but unfortunately they weren't enough well provisioned and the ships they took were not the best for what would happen later, as a great storm capsized them, killing all the sailors very fast.

Azteca: expands, discovers Agriculture, works on Temple of Gold (10/12), +5% Quetzalcoatl
Ciboney: expands, discovers Agriculture, works on Union of the Animist (6/20), +2% Animism, starts trade with Wanalu
Kingdom of Utul: expands, discovers Ceremonial Burial and Pottery (+1 TF, +5% Utulian Polytheism), enters Bronze Age, works on Xanatl Fishing Port (7.5/8), -1 Timaloc, +8% Utulian Pantheon
Maya: expands, discovers Pottery (+1 TF), enters Bronze Age, works on Noh Ishim Qaash (10/24), +4% Mayan Polytheism
Taino: expands, discovers Writing (+5 Culture, Bonus: +5 Tech EC), enters Bronze Age, works on Union of the Animist (8/20), +3% Animism
Tototl: expands, chills (+1 Strike, money banked), +6% Xolapan
Wanalu: expands, works on Roads of the Wanalu Lands (5/8), +9% Jaguapi, starts trade with Ciboney

Asia
Modernity also arrives to Asia. The Two-Rivers Alliance is happy indeed, for they have several new things that will improve their military ability in battle: for example, Empire and Mitanni have designed something that can be tied to a couple of horses that can run very fast and provide two people with a steady platform from which lances can be thrown, while Iudea has developed a new weapon that shoots small lances from longer distances than what a human alone can't do. Meanwhile, Khambat has also created a system that provides ships with a faster propulsion thanks to the aid of the wind, which blows into a great piece of cloth and make the ship advance, and they have used this to great success to plant a new colony in Arabia, but failed to do so in the east due to the lack of knowledge pertaining the travel there. In Abalonia and Ming, the astronomers have noticed that there are several astronomical phenomenons that happen with regularity, such as the full moon (which happens approximately every 28 days) or the length of the days (which normally repeats itself every 365 days), and thus have been able to make this relate to the moments where seeds must be planted on the soil. Also, the till-now war free continent has seen the first battles between the Holy Arcadian Empire and the Yazidi Order, when the former saw that the latter were a piece of fruit ripe for the picking (see Yazidian War).

Abalonia: expands, discovers Calendar (+1 EC on Great Farms, Bonus: +2 EC on Great Farms), investigates Stone Mining (1/5), enters Bronze Age, +3% The Holy Cow
Empire: expands, discovers Chariotry, enters Bronze Age, +6% Ancestor Worship, starts trade with Khambat
Feicui Empire: expands, investigates Agriculture (4/5), +4% Yu Qiong
Holy Arcadian Empire: expands, declares war on Yazidi Order, +6% Christianity
Iudea: expands, discovers Archery (Bonus: all of Iudea Atlatls turn Archers), investigates Writing (2/10), gets into Bronze Age, starts Port of Telabib (+1 EC) (2/8), +3% The Eye That All Sees
Khambat: expands, discovers Sailing (Bonus: +1 Navy Quality), investigates Calendar (3/10) and Writing (3/10), enters Bronze Age, +5% Khambian, starts trade with Empire
Ming: expands, discovers Calendar (+1 EC on Great Rice Fields), enters Bronze Age, +3% The Path
Mitanni: expands, discovers Chariotry (Bonus: all of Mitanni Riders turn Chariots), enters Bronze Age, +3% Cavalloism
Sedlan: expands, converts to Monarchy, new capital on New Khamb, starts Great Port of New Khamb (+1 EC) (4/8)
Yang: expands, discovers Bronze Melting (Bonus: +1 Army Quality), enters Bronze Age, +3% Blak'n'vuait
Yazidi Order: expands, enters war with Holy Arcadian Empire, chills (+1 Strike, money banked), +7% Yazida

Europe
Things finally settle down in Eastern Europe, as Sessentia is defeated by the Atticans in their war (see Eastern War). Meanwhile, Arago makes good use of all the goods taken from the Nation of Aruhn and have used them to create a small fleet with which to explore the coast and seek new lands to settle in. It is during these travels that the Arago found a great continent in which many strange people lived, but soon friendship was struck with the two westernmost members of the Northern Alliance and promises to talk about a possible new relationship were done. The United Kingdom of Marsi, after the joining of the two warring successor states to the City-State of Marsi, has managed to finish the integration of the old Paternite Marsi Kingdom – not that there were still enough people alive from that time – and has also taken to investigate a few of the ideas the Paternite faction had had to improve their nation's economy. To the north of all of these nations, two groups of people, fuelled by their desire to unite themselves, to protect themselves and to exercise control over others, have created two new nations: Albion, in southern Britain, led by a woman of great beauty and intelligence, have created a strong nation whose powers will probably come from the seas, since they live in an island; and Videslev, in the north of Europe, which also lives by the sea but will perhaps be better known thanks to their armies, as the people are of a warrior-like character that makes them well suited to war.

Albion: existence, +4 EC, +1 Slinger, enters Bronze Age, +5% Mona
Arago: expands, discovers Fishing and Sailing, enters Bronze Age, +5% Akabarala, meets Berberia and Carania
Attica: expands, continues war against Sessentia, investigates Sailing (1/10), works on Port of Hellespont (2/40), +6% Attian Polytheism
Sessentia: expands, continues war against Attica, +2% Lathanism
UIKM: expands, discovers Bartering (+1 EC), investigates Stone Mining (3/5), +4% Marsian Tricotheism
Videslev: existence, +4 EC, +1 Warrior, enters Bronze Age, +5% Ludher

Special Events
Eastern War
In the end, the valiant efforts of the Sessentian army were for nothing, as its soldiers were mostly overcome and surrendered in order to continue with their lives as they were before their recruitment. Having being totally absorbed into the Kingdom of Attica, the worshippers of the Attian Gods now find themselves slightly overwhelmed by the great number of worshippers of the Lathan God, whom has already been declared to be a devil by the higher priests of Attica. However, the knowledge brought from the Sessentian sages has been well accepted

Attica: +3 EC, +1 Treasury, +Ceremonial Burial (+5% Attian Polytheism), +Hunting, -2 Slingers, -2 Warriors
Sessentia: -Existence

Yazidian War
The lack of activity in the lands controlled by the Yazidi Order soon brought the attention of the neighbouring Holy Arcadian Empire. At first, they were ready to make friends with these people and trade with them. However, once they saw that the Yazidi people had become incredibly lazy in the last years, the Emperor decided that it would be up to the Empire to bring these people back into hard work and worship of the only God. Soon, the Imperial Army was able to cross the short distance that separated the core lands of the Empire from the Yazidi Order's lands and the main army landed near Incheon, the Yazidi Order's capital. Reaching that place, they were able to overwhelm the city's purely defensive force formed by the Yazidiori monks at a relatively low cost, since the treasury in the city was full of gold that would surely find many uses as it would pay for the sages that worked for the Emperor and the soldiers that defended him. While the navy managed to capture the few ships the Yazidi had armed, the second arm of the Army was able to invade from the north of the country, launching the population into disarray and soundly defeating the few soldiers that had remained alive from the Conquest of Incheon. Now, no army stands between the Holy Arcadian Empire and their total conquest of the Yazidi Order's territory.

Holy Arcadian Empire: -1 Imperial Guard, -1 Slinger, +12 Treasury, +1 Oar-Ship
Yazidi Order: -1 Slinger, -1 Yazidiori, -12 Treasury, loses 3 EC due to Occupation

THE END

OK, as you can see, there have been several new civilizations in both Europe and Africa. This is because these were the ones with less civs, and thus would be better off with new nations instead of, for example, Asia or America. They are starting on Bronze Age and have all the technologies, although as a compensation they start with economy at 4 EC, like all the older nations did at the start.

With the introduction of the new nations, the tech chart stays like this:
Africa (5): Agriculture (3), Hunting (4), Stone Mining (4), Wheel (4)
America (6): Agriculture (5), Animal Husbandry (3), Ceremonial Burial (6), Hunting (2), Stone Mining (3), Wheel (4)
Asia (8): Agriculture (7), Ceremonial Burial (6), Hunting (3), Stone Mining (6), Wheel (4)
Europe (4): Animal Husbandry (4), Ceremonial Burial (4), Fishing (4), Hunting (3), Stone Mining (3), Wheel (3)

Therefore, Ciboney gets Ceremonial Burial (+5% Animism) and UIKM gets Animal Husbandry, Ceremonial Burial and Fishing (+5% Marsian Tricotheism).

OK, more things:
@Abaddon: the reason you didn't get that colony in Malaya is because you knew zilch about the zone and the sailors preferred to turn buck rather than going onward. Had you done something more modest, it could have been done.
@Arian: please, do not send in your orders those things that you aren't going to do at all. While it is well organized, it becomes quite exasperating. And also, do not spend money on expanding, I've already told you.
@Dannydehz: you should stay in touch, mate. The reason you got invaded was because you didn't move, and thus I thought that perhaps you would move if you saw that you were being given a good beating.
@Flavius: the EC you earned from Fire was already in there, and you can't spend the EC you gain from a technology in the same turn you gain it. That's why Stone Mining is at 3/5.
@Everyone: in general, your orders have been good. I hope to see them faster for the next turn.

THE DEADLINE FOR TURN 9 IS SET FOR NEXT SEPTEMBER 20TH AT 6 PM CET. PLEASE, DO NOT FORGET IT!

Fantastic update. I am really enjoying this NES!

I disagree it was much of an ordeal for them.. sailing along the coast until they reach land that has not been settled sounds pretty trivial to me! :/

But hey-ho. Shame those NPC's seems to know what techs are being researched and thus all aim at different ones (an thus robbing me of any bonus next turn :( )

Do i know of EskimoEgypt?

Good update, but my stats lacks of the techs you said that were discovered by UIKM at the end of the update (Animal Husbandry, Ceremonial Burial and Fishing)

Fantastic update. I am really enjoying this NES!

I disagree it was much of an ordeal for them.. sailing along the coast until they reach land that has not been settled sounds pretty trivial to me! :/

But hey-ho. Shame those NPC's seems to know what techs are being researched and thus all aim at different ones (an thus robbing me of any bonus next turn :( )

Do i know of EskimoEgypt?
I'm glad that you like this NES.

It was for them. All that much travelling was quite difficult for them, and they didn't know anything about what happened after passing Sri Lanka (seek Cape Bojador to understand what I am talking about; basically, people were afraid of passing that point because they thought that there were monsters and more after it, and it took till 1434 so that Gil Eanes managed to convince his sailors that it was safe; until then, the African coast from Gibraltar to that point was the only known about Western Africa, and after that it was hardly a few years before all of Western Africa was mapped out).

About NPCs... well, there has to be some compensation for the fact that, when in conflict, the PC always wins!

No, you don't know Eskimogypt, although launching an expedition in this turn might allow you to do that. So far, from the Mediterranean nations, you only know Empire.

Good update, but my stats lacks of the techs you said that were discovered by UIKM at the end of the update (Animal Husbandry, Ceremonial Burial and Fishing)

If you had waited till I finished to update the stats, then you would have seen that indeed you have those three technologies.

Stats have been completely updated (I have to do it in phases because the Mozilla Firefox has a problem and has the mania of closing off for no reason). Report any mistake you may find in there, please.

Sorry, I forgot that you still had to update the stat. At least I can say that in my stats there are not any errors :D.

Top Bottom