KiwiTT's Road to War - Bugs and Fixes

kiwitt

Road to War Modder
I am creating a new thread which will log all errors found by myself and others in Version 0.31 and later and which version they are fixed in. This should help in giving me some visibility of the things people have found in this enhanced version of Road to War. Requests for enhancements or compliments :D should be placed in the main thread.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=306489

Version 0.33 Errata - List of Bugs or Errors found
US B-17 Flying Fortress has Intereception - Fixed in 0.39.x
US B-18 Bolo has Interception - Fixed in 0.39.x
EN Wellington Bomber has Interception - Fixed in 0.39.x
Anti-Air (Radar) - Interception chance is too high - Fixed in 0.39.x
5th PanzerArmee should be (von ARNIM) - Fixed in 0.39.x
Clicking Fighter Bombard causes CTD - Fixed in 0.39.x
Hitler Leaderhead Art files missing - Fixed in 0.33.1
Army Groups do not have Blitz Promotion - Fixed in 0.39.x
Army Groups can not Intercept Aircraft - Fixed in 0.39.x
France can build Allied Army Groups ?!?! - Fixed in 0.39.x

Version 0.32 Errata - List of Bugs or Errors found
Unlimited Pillboxes and Anti-Tank Defences - Fixed in version 0.32.1 by limiting in unitclass file
No Artwork for British and Italian Generals - Fixed in 0.39.x
Anti-Air (Radar) gets no Promotions - Fixed in version 0.32.1 by reducing intereption chance
Problems with new Great Generals - Fixed in version 0.32.1 by using different type of generic generals
Cannot manage Frankfurt on Oder - Fixedby renaming city
Too many initial Generals - Fixed in Version by reducing to only Significant Generals on Map
Tech Development too fast still - Fixed in 0.32.3 by increasing tech cost for technology to produce units
A Division costs the same to maintain as a corps,army etc. - Fixed in 0.32.3 by increasing maintenance costs for larger units
Default difficulty levels too low -
Promotions too late - Fixed in Version 0.32.2 by lowering tech requirements
Minor tweaks to Movement - Fixed in Version 0.32.5

NEW:
Coal Plants now produce Oil
More Rivers and chokepoints/bridgeheads in Russia

Version 0.31 Errata - List of Bugs or Errors found
Some nations units automatically disbanding units - Fixed in version 0.31.1 - by increasing the number of free units
German Units Interface Icons for mixed up - Fixed in version 0.31.1 - by changing unit inteface icons
Panzer Armees have no initial experience from buildings - Fixed in version 0.31.2 - by changing Withdrawal Probability from 95 to 85
Panzer Armees can not have a General added - Fixed in version 0.31.2 - by changing Withdrawal Probability from 95 to 85
Unit Movement too fast - Fixed in version 0.31.1 - by reducing speed of all units significantly
AI moved Pillboxes and Anti-Tank Defences to cities - Fixed version 0.31.1 - by restrict movement of these units.
Technology Development as a Team member is too fast - Fixed in version 0.31.2 - by increasing Team Tech Costs
Too many British forces produced in Middle East - Fixed in version 0.31.1
Not enough rivers on map (1 movement point to cross) - Fixed in version 0.31.9
- The Don River to be added near Stalingrad - Fixed version 0.31.9
- More Rivers around Moscow to be added - Fixed in version 0.31.9
Miklas was head of state and Schnussnigg was Chancellor - Fixed in version 0.31.9
Northeast Romania to be made Polish to simulate Russian Annexation - Fixed in version 0.31.8
Ploesti Oilfields as a City to be added - Fixed in 1936 - Europe - KiwiTT 0.31.9.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
Corps and Army HQ Support (Artillery) still too powerful - Fixed by version 0.31.9
Increased Fortifications around Leningrad to simulate Battle of Leningrad - Fixed in version 0.31.9
Increased Fortifications around Moscow to simulate Battle of Moscow - Fixed in version 0.31.9
Increased Fortifications around Kursk to simulate Battle of Kursk - Fixed in 1936 - version 0.31.9
Increased Fortifications around Stalingrad to simulate Battle of Stalingrad - Fixed in version 0.31.9
Limit early submarines to coast - Fixed using terrain_impassable parameter
"Winter Warfare" Promotion to be removed from German Major Units - Fixed in version 0.31.9
"Morale" Promotion to be available sooner - Fixed in "Promotions" XML file.

NOTE: A comment about version numbers
0.N = Major Release or Enhancement - Released every 3-6 months
0.NN = Fixes for Major Release - Released every 1-2 Months
0.NN.N = Internal Development Versions - Not Released

I don't think that your installation instructions on your Road to War-KiwiTT Mini-Mod are correct. I am not able to copy over the mini-mod's files to the original Road to War file.

Did you copy the original "The Road to War" folder as "The Road to War - KiwiTT" ?

You should then be able to replace the files - one by one.

Not very elegant but, something I to work on when I get closer to creating a single install file.

It's still under development, hence the version of 0.31. Version 1.0 is my goal, still some years away.

from - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=334733
Another suggestion unnrelated to the topic can hou set tech trading and brokering off(or have you already done that). That would be better because it would be hard for the human player to take a different tech paths than future or even current allies.
I have now increased the costs of techs while in a team significantly. Not sure whether I want to stop the trading or brokering of technology - between allies. As it did occur.

Did you copy the original "The Road to War" folder as "The Road to War - KiwiTT" ?

You should then be able to replace the files - one by one.

Not very elegant but, something I to work on when I get closer to creating a single install file.

It's still under development, hence the version of 0.31. Version 1.0 is my goal, still some years away.

Ok. Thanks KiwiTT. I'll try again. So just so that I get this straight, I copy "Road to War" and then paste it to "The Road to War - KiwiTT" when I extract it to the desktop?

I tried originally extracting KiwiTT mini-mod directly to the "Road to War" folder, but it didn't work.

Just make sure the folder structure is same.

e.g. for the "Public Maps" Folder

Mods\The Road to War\Public Maps\ becomes Mods\The Road to War - KiwiTT\Public Maps

not

Mods\The Road to War\The Road to War - KiwiTT\Public Maps\

My files are then added to the same folders as they are in the zipped file. It is a bit tricky to do and unzipping the files c:\temp\ may be a better option. You can then replace the files one by one, folder by folder. If the file is not in a folder then it goes into the root of \The Road to War - KiwiTT\

How can you shot down a destroyer(see pic for details)...
I was playing as Germany(obviously) during the 1936 version.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 191
It is because the Destroyer can now do Anti-Air combat. You also get it when you shoot down Anti-Air Batteries.

Yep a bug :(

But we live with it for the moment. I don't want to remove the AA combat from these units

So its practically sunken? Which means that destroyers are really easy to be sunk?

So its practically sunken? Which means that destroyers are really easy to be sunk?
Considering a Fighter in my version of RTW represents a "Squadron" of 15-30 planes, it should have virtually no chance and a destroyer is just that one ship.

I'll be working on this in more detail in version 0.4x. My focus up to now has been on refining the land war. Sea and Air next.

hey kiwitt, in 0.32 version of your mod, when france fallen and the "vichi france" born, the team (germany + italy + vichi france) have too quick tech develop, because in 1 turn research every technology, that is not historic, can you fix that?

hey kiwitt, in 0.32 version of your mod, when france fallen and the "vichi france" born, the team (germany + italy + vichi france) have too quick tech develop, because in 1 turn research every technology, that is not historic, can you fix that?

I agree, as Germany in 1942 I had the A-Bomb and the Manhattan Project completed(but yet I took the tech path that would be the shortest with a few infantry and fighter techs, too).

It also slows down once Hungray and Romania join in.

0.32.2 will address tech development. Already completed editting.

All techs that allow new units have had their costs doubled. This should slow it somewhat.

When the team forms - I have added 200% to the cost of techs

What difficulty have you chosen ?

NOTE: I have used an escalating tech path the later the tech the more it costs.

I was playing @ Prince Level and did not have the A-Bomb even at mid-42.

Thanks for your feedback. Keep it coming.

Due to some changes I am making to cities (see thread ) i.e. with more cities, I am going to have to also increase the tech costs, even more.

NOTE: I will be making the tuning for Germany based on "Prince"

The changes are significant enough to warrant a new release number 0.33, which I was not going to do as I wanted to start on 0.4.

BTW: I have asked for all my threads I started to be placed in a new Sub-forum called "The Road to War - Historical". PM "Thunderfall" in support of my bid :D

I have been looking at the AI difficulty levels for each nation and have now reached a solution. I have now set each nation at a particular difficulty level that equals the point before it goes into negative income at 100% research.
Spoiler :
Code:
Difficulty Levels at each version

Nation   0.30      0.31      0.32      0.33 
----------------------------------------------
Germany  Noble     Noble     Prince    Emperor
Italy    Noble     Noble     Warlord   Noble
England  Noble     Noble     Noble     Monarch
U.S.S.R. Noble     Noble     Chieftain Emperor
France   Noble     Noble     Chieftain Emperor
U.S.A.   Noble     Noble     Monarch   Emperor

Most minor nations have gone from Settler to Immortal or Deity

I have been looking at the AI difficulty levels for each nation and have now reached a solution. I have now set each nation at a particular difficulty level that equals the point before it goes into negative income at 100% research
This failed in playtesting ... reverting to another method.

Top Bottom