• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reporting

I didn't dare to use the ticket system in sourceforge since I'm using BUG 3.6, but at least I didn't see anything resembling this in the 4.0 changelog or the aforementioned ticket system.

I noticed in a recent game that the glance screen mouseover shows worst enemy relations that shouldn't be visible, since I haven't met the Civ yet that has a known Civ as a worst enemy. Not only does this give me info about the unknown Civ, but knowing this worst enemy relation is absolutely vital when trading because you can avoid accidental diplo penalties with (yet) unknown Civs.

Again, terribly sorry if this is already fixed in the latest version or is somehow intended (?).

Spoiler for ongoing forum game LHC Willem#2:

Spoiler :

I could be wrong with this but I think that was a bug that v3.1 introduced when they put 'worse enemy'. I think they fixed it with v3.19.

BUG doesn't build that hover - it just tacks it onto the graph so what ever you see there is from the underlying engine. To test - go to the first tab on F4 'Relations' and bring up that same hover.

You're right, it's the same in the relations screen. I certainly have 3.19 however. I can't imagine it's working as intended, so I guess it's still a bug in the core game?

You're right, it's the same in the relations screen. I certainly have 3.19 however. I can't imagine it's working as intended, so I guess it's still a bug in the core game?
oh - I remember. The 'bug' they fixed with v3.19 was that you could see the human's worse enemy via this method.

oh - I remember. The 'bug' they fixed with v3.19 was that you could see the human's worse enemy via this method.

This is correct, and I've just fixed the other bug (showing unmet players) in BULL.

I get save game errors infrequently, they just always seem to be for games where I am doing well and would like to continue. I can provide more details but this is all I can see that may be relevant in the log, the last entries. Is this enough to tell what went wrong or can I enable some additional logging? (Using BUG 4.0 in Custom Assets, BBAI merge, and VD Graphics MOD.

20:20:18 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod TechWindow
init-ing world builder screen
load_module CvWBPopups
load_module CvCameraControls
load_module CvAdvisorUtils
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PreGameStart'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'BeginActivePlayerTurn'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'SwitchHotSeatPlayer'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'LanguageChanged'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'ResolutionChanged'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PythonReloaded'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitUpgraded'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitCaptured'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatWithdrawal'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatRetreat'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogCollateral'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogFlanking'
20:20:19 DEBUG: BugInit - global context not ready
PY:OnInit
load_module CvAppInterface

20:20:19 DEBUG: BugInit - global context not ready

This line is actually normal given how Civ4 operates and BUG initializes, though it looks like it would be an error. It would say WARN or ERROR if it were a problem. How does the problem occur? Do you get a CTD when loading a saved game?

I've never seen BUG have this problem. Some BUFFY users have experienced trouble continuing a saved game, and BUFFY is a combination of BUG plus a modified BULL. But you're not using BULL or BUFFY, so this is strange.

How does the problem occur? Do you get a CTD when loading a saved game?

Yes, a saved game. right before the game is about to restart, I think you could say at that 'finishing' or some last step. I tried re-applying BBAI which
seems to have some activity the last few days, but that did not help.

I would post a save that crashes when you load it to the BBAI forums. BBAI is a DLL mod and thus more likely to be a cause. BUG only affects the Python interface and can't CTD on its own. Also, post the save here.

Have you tried removing the BBAI DLL temporarily to see if you can load it without BBAI?

I'm having a problem with the Mac OSX version of BUG 4.1. (In case it matters, I am not using Snow Leopard) Whenever I start up a game, it looks exactly like a game of normal BtS.

Spoiler :

I press Command + Option(Alt) + O to enable/disable features, but nothing happens. I try Control + Option(Alt) + O, but it just alters the map view:
Spoiler :

I check to see if I am running BUG mod, and I am:
Spoiler :

Sorry if this was supposed to be posted in the Mac subforum.

Rename CustomAssets inside the BUG Mod folder to Assets. I need to modify the ZIP so it's this way by default. Please let me know if this is the problem or now.

Thanks for the Mac support!

I've got it running fine as a mod but I'd prefer to have it run every time I play. When I run it from /Documents/Beyond the Sword/ it works but I get spammed with the message "Bug Options - cannot locate setting folder".

Do I need to create/move this folder? I assume it's the one called User Settings and it's currently in the path listed above.

I've got it running fine as a mod but I'd prefer to have it run every time I play. When I run it from /Documents/Beyond the Sword/ it works but I get spammed with the message "Bug Options - cannot locate setting folder".

I'm not sure how it works on Mac. Do you have a CustomAssets folder? If so, you should rename BUG's Assets to CustomAssets and replace the one that's there already. Next create a folder in your Documents folder (same place as CustomAssets) called "BUG Mod" and move the Info and UserSettings folders into it.

Next create a folder in your Documents folder (same place as CustomAssets) called "BUG Mod" and move the Info and UserSettings folders into it.

That did it, cheers!

any idea what i might have done to cause this?

bug 4.1 is installed in custom assets. had 3.6 and 4.0 installed previously and there wasn't this problem with the custom domestic advisor. this screen of the advisor options tab is from vanilla bts. before i installed 4.1 i took the custom assets folder that had 4.0 in it and the Bug Mod folder out of the C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword folder so i'd get a clean install.

funny thing is the cda works ok, i can edit and save changes to it. i'd really just like to be able to tell it no space on side and top. maybe someone could tell me what file and where in that file to edit to do that.

thanks for any help

edit: i forget to mention i've got vista 64 bit sp2 if that matters

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 110
I'd really just like to be able to tell it no space on side and top. maybe someone could tell me what file and where in that file to edit to do that.

Oops. I renamed some options for the CDA but forgot to modify them on the options screen. For now, modify "BUG Mod/UserSettings/CustDomAdv.ini". I will release 4.1.1 with this and a couple other fixes soon.

starting up new game (BUG 4.1 in Custom Assets) but I'm getting that

Buginit - cannot find XML file for mod init

error when trying to run a mod (VD). When I don't run a mod BUG 4.1 comes up normally. This did not happen to me in 4.0.

If you are running a mod, BUG will no longer look in the CustomAssets folders for its config files. This was causing problems with people running BUFFY and BUG (in CA) since BUFFY would see BUG's config files.

The easiest solution is to copy BUG into VD so it runs as a mod. Just copy everything in CustomAssets to VD's Assets folder, creating one if necessary. BUG will use your existing settings files.

Top Bottom