Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

Yeah, guess I got a little overzealous last night... guess I could put in the story line that I had all of you assasinated, so I was the only one left to be Emperor... ha-ha j/k!!!

Anyway, how about this, I'll edit everything to show that I wasn't proclaimed Emperor.

As my final act as Regent I would like to call a 'Council of Lords' to discuss the current state of the empire. I would like to flush out what religion we want to look to, what we want to do with the other powers on the continent. Etc. I will grant 24 hours of discussion before we move to vote on Imperial Tribute for the House of Reichkaiser.

Is that cool with everyone?

Lord Civplayah III requests the capital be renamed to Artok, or he shall not give tribute to the emperor.

I Lord Draknith, Counsul of the City of Huber believe that our biggest threat to security is the large border with Egypt. The Emperor should move to reinforce the land around Huber, Arkan, and Artok with land fortifications. Perhaps a more cooperative approach to the Native Americans can help to reinforce our owns armies should Lincoln invade.

In terms of the economy, I believe we can bolster that through continued cottage building initiatives, followed up with city infrastucture such as: courthouses and markets. Some of these may require further research.

I do not beleieve that we should adopt any religion at this point, even though our cities are Jewish. Proclaiming a religion now could alienate some of the other powers around us, leading to decreased trading options, and technology trades.

The Grand House of Huber also wishes to acknowledge it's acceptance of the reorganization of the Empire.

Long Live the Empire!

I will do a TS on thursday night. I plan as Emperor to rename Universalis to Artok, and begin solidinfing our borders, and building up an expiditionary force in case of a war.

Do we still need to have a poll for Emperor before the next turn set? I can't remember since we didn't have one before David of Huber took a turn as Regent. So, I guess in fact we haven't had a poll for two turn sessions.

I'll leave this one up to the council... do we run another poll, or just continue through until after the next turn set?

I vote for poll.

My bad. I thought that I read before I took a turn-set that Civius was not in favor of supporting the Emperor, I was undecided because I needed more time to review everything, and Civplayah didn't even vote. I took it as we were just going to proceed.

Now after this last turn set Civius once again voted against, I once again have not voted yet, and Civplayah votes yes if the capital is renamed. Therefore I see you only hold 33% right now. If I were to vote in favor you would have 66%, if I vote against you do not have the majority to continue as Emperor.

All in all I don't mind keeping the game moving, and lord knows last thing I want to do is piss someone off over a game. But, I have already made some mistakes in the rules, and I just want to make sure we are following as best as we can to what we agreed on in the begining.

Yes Draknith is the swing vote if we are to enter a rebellion. I have no problem with the decrees from the regent as he is acting Emperor while in control of the turn session. The House of Reichkasier has bolstered us a decent military but we now have almost no room for further expansion. As an Imperialistic leader we could have chopped and whipped our way to a much larger Empire. Now I believe we must prepare for war in the foreseeable future and it will not be easy on Monarch.

As Council of Octavia I put forth the following recommendations.
We should specialize our cities beginning with Arkan, chopping and building farms and finish mining the bfc. This is our unit production city so it should be used solely for military.The Aqueduct is also premature as we cannot grow due to unhappiness.
I also do not like the decision to research construction over alphabet. Spies are just as effective as catapults in taking down a cities defense bonus and it gives us the ability to trade techs.
I suggest we also ally with Churchhill and Lincoln and look to take out Shaka of the Natives first and put all EPs on him. Hinduism should be our best choice for religion when we choose to go that route.
The Capital needs cottages ASAP as well as New Artok as our first commerce city. We should also get a settler out very soon for one last city in the north before Shaka takes it.
I don't want to sit here and micromanage but I would start with these.

It seems like we are in agreement that military is looking more like the option we are going to be forced to take.

Since Vandal didn't get to take two sessions, which has kinda been the precedence, I will grant tribute to his house to take another crack at it. Civius, you seem to have this difficulty level down. So I suggest you take the Regent position in case something comes up. I pretty much will follow your lead on this one. If we follow along your plan we may just get ourselves into a better position.

Do you think we could've built more cities without completly destroying our economy and research? Or at this level are those things less important? I haven't played a vanilla monarch game in a long time, so I'm a little off my game.

Do you guys think it would be wise to work against Shaka so that we can take the Jewish holy city, then use that to boost an attack against the others? I guess I could see how that would benefit us better than the alternative of working with Shaka.

Sorry about the aqueduct. We're only a couple turns into I think so we could easily change that. I was trying to work the angle of getting the aqueduct to try and build the hanging gardens to bolster our engineering bonus in the production city.

I was looking at the cities and thought that the capital would make a great money city along with Artok. Arkan def is our production city, and it looked kinda like Huber and Octavia could be good science boosting cities. Do you guys generally cottage everything, or take advantage of the production bonuses of 'plains' tiles with workshops and the like?

Anyway I'm rambling. Go get 'em Vandal, I'll wait to check out the turn set.

It seems like we are in agreement that military is looking more like the option we are going to be forced to take.

Since Vandal didn't get to take two sessions, which has kinda been the precedence, I will grant tribute to his house to take another crack at it. Civius, you seem to have this difficulty level down. So I suggest you take the Regent position in case something comes up. I pretty much will follow your lead on this one. If we follow along your plan we may just get ourselves into a better position.

You are the Regent Draknith, I was just making suggestions according to my play style. I'm just an anal micro-manager in my games so sorry if I came off like an a$$hole.

Do you think we could've built more cities without completly destroying our economy and research? Or at this level are those things less important? I haven't played a vanilla monarch game in a long time, so I'm a little off my game.

I would've kept pumping out worker/worker/settler from the capital until there was no more room to expand. Production IMO is much more important in the early game and that is why I like to build a strong production city like Arkan. With only having to rely on one city for units and one city for workers and settlers the rest of the cities can concentrate on commerce (Cottage Farms). I typically build one production city per 2-3 cottage farms. Don't get me wrong rapid expansion has its risks and we are still very much in this game.

Do you guys think it would be wise to work against Shaka so that we can take the Jewish holy city, then use that to boost an attack against the others? I guess I could see how that would benefit us better than the alternative of working with Shaka.

Shaka is worst enemy of Lincoln and Churchill so we don't have to worry about open borders ebtween them. We can better concentrate our forces in the more narrow northern border with Shaka then we can the long eastern border with Lincoln It will also be very possible for a joint invasion with Lincoln. Besides this gives us 2 religious allies for tech trade.

I was looking at the cities and thought that the capital would make a great money city along with Artok. Arkan def is our production city, and it looked kinda like Huber and Octavia could be good science boosting cities. Do you guys generally cottage everything, or take advantage of the production bonuses of 'plains' tiles with workshops and the like?

I like to specialize my cities like so, 1 GP farm and 2-3 cottage farms for everyone 1 production city. Hybrid cities can be great in the early game but by the mideival Era they should be specialized once irrigation can be spread.

You are the Regent Draknith, I was just making suggestions according to my play style. I'm just an anal micro-manager in my games so sorry if I came off like an a$$hole.

Nah you don't come off as an a-hole. I get pretty intense myself over this silly little game. I just don't want to be the one to screw our game up for everyone. Like I said I haven't been forced to think this hard about each turn in a long time. Looking at where we are though, I still think we've put ourselves in a good position to make a move. We have some strong cities with good resources.

We'll just have to wait and see how the next sessions turn out.

Nah you don't come off as an a-hole. I get pretty intense myself over this silly little game. I just don't want to be the one to screw our game up for everyone. Like I said I haven't been forced to think this hard about each turn in a long time. Looking at where we are though, I still think we've put ourselves in a good position to make a move. We have some strong cities with good resources.

We'll just have to wait and see how the next sessions turn out.

This could be expacted with 4 different players with 4 different play styles. It is a little more realistic of an Empire or Government. Thats what happens when a new party or ruler takes power they undo their predecessors work and begin their own, just long enough to see a new guy come in and undo it. No one of us will screw this up we will probably all do that collectively :crazyeye: . As long as we all have fun with it what does it matter.

Got 20 turns done, although I couldn't get any screenies (I don't know why!!!) but, it was very uneventful, save the fact that I change the name back to Artok, and named the former Artok to Domgreind ( I will be fine if you change it). Anyways, as Emperor Domgreind I, I hereby abdicate in favor of Regent Draknith.

View attachment Emperor Domgreind I AD-0250.CivBeyondSwordSave

I, Regent David of Huber will not provide tribute to my friend Domgreind of the House of Reichkaiser, in order to annouce my candidacy for Emperor. I graciously accept the House of Reichkaiser's vote.

I believe in the creation of a strong military force to provide security for all our people, and will push for diplomatic agreements to further created a sense of stability between our peoples and those of our neighboring friends.

I, Lord Civius, on behalf of the House of Octavia refuse tribute to the Imperial House of Reichkasier. That drops the approval rating below 50% and we are officially in a rebellion.

Well, I thought there was no question we were in rebellion after my abdication.

You're right, but I think we just wanted to make sure we went through the right steps so noone starts asking questions. If everyone is alright with me taking the reigns I'm fine with that. If you guys still want to have an election for Emperor I'm okay with that too. Just let me know what you guys would like to do.

Btw- Vandal, I included a little part in my RP story to kinda get Dom involved. If you wouldn't mind picking up a little of the story about the tablet I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Top Bottom