Dominion NES

Good stroies KF: i think your porcelain soldiers scare me more then cavalry.

Merci immac

I hope Ldi gets the update out this week...

I'm looking forward to Raven's intro story and i wonder if he wrote orders for this turn or if he'll start next turn. I think the balance of power is gonna shift.

First you got big, then shinuyama, then shinuyama lost some of its holding, then i got a bit bigger, but now if you look at the map both pythium and lanka are getting big.

A 'bit' bigger? You went from dead average to the biggest nation on the map!
heh, formoria's still independent

A new beginning
Spoiler :

We are the Emerald Guards! We are the 501st! We are both the first and the last line of defence. We serve the Pythium and their people! We serve Celes, the soul of all Pythians! We are the Fist!

A long line of Emerald Guards stood in Dacia. Kain cursed. A recent disturbance from the Ermor meant that this was the best that Celes could provide him with. He prayed that Ulm would not attack them NOW. That would be bad indeed.

Then, a strong gust blowed past him and into the direction of the Ulm. Kain stood, confused as to what this meant. Then he smiled.

Far away, somewhere in Pythium, man with heads of snake and the priests chanted alongside of a small body of water. The water shivered, and the giant form, the heart and soul of Pythium, rose up into the sky.

A small precision about units:
Most units can be given or sold. However, sacred units and priests can't. These can be lent, ordered to obey someone else's orders, but they will remain loyal to their god, which means they won't attack their mother nation, won't be able to preach for another god, and will generally have their location and actions known by their initial owner.

As for the update, it looks relatively quiet, so I may be able to get it out tonight.

What if they wilingly kiss a succubus? (or are forced to do so)

Those who are seduced or mind controlled will be loyal, but you have no way of making sure of that. In fact, if a god asked a priest to suddenly worship another god, it would likely have bad consequences upon the faith in general.

Can we do communions? I thought ermor did one earlier on but i am not sure if its too gamey for this NES or not...

If so, i am not sure about your ability to set up fights, but could we set up pretty much any commander order (to ensure our master goes last and can cast reinvigoration for example)?

EDIT: update today or next weekend? Sorry to bug but i know its getting late in france and you are either about to update or about to go to bed...

Oh dear, I hope he comes back...

Players will be receiving detailed stats by e-mail.
Next orders expected for next Friday.

UPDATE SEVENTEEN
Arshnoc besieged

Abysia soldiers in Marignon patrolled the country to get rid of trouble-makers. The province is safer but far from being pacified, and some soldiers were excessively zealous, resulting in several civilian deaths which could have been avoided.

In all of Ermor provinces, corpses have left their graves, joining the Emperor's armies. Many of the undead brought with them weapons and riches that were buried with them.

Diseases struck in Sauromatia, killing even more of Pythium population in the province. On the other hand, the satyrs and wood spirits of Pangaea have been able to negate many effects of the opening of the gates of death, and the province, although it's still far from its past luxuriance.
In Dacia, Pythians train all kinds of soldiers for the war against Ulm, including a few assassins. However, as these were trained, several died of accidents. One of them made a mistake preparing poisons. Another one fell from a wall while training his climbing skills, and so forth. After some investigation, it appears that Pythium assassins were all victims of some kind of mental attack when they were performing dangerous chores: Apparently, an Ulmish assassin had managed to kill many of Pythium would-be slayers. A thorough search revealed a cache, but the culprit had already escaped.

In Abysia, amazons of the long lost garnet tribe showed up in the desert. These amazons had been separated from their sisters of the north in the distant past, and had survived with difficulty in this barren lands for centuries, hiding in the deserted hills of southern Abysia. Now they are back and decided to dedicate their small numbers to the cause of Sagra and the abysians.
In Nubia, people worked hard to pave roads and drain marshlands, increasing the infrastructure of the province.

In Manchuria, a temple to the glory of the Shinuyama god has been burnt down. Noone has managed to find out who did it, but it was obviously a criminal act. The newly raised militia wasn't organised enough to prevent it, and forces coming from Bogarus arrived too late to prevent the arson. The criminal hasn't been caught despite the troops searching the province.

In Ulm, terrible tornadoes struck the land, destroying many workshops and killing dozens of people.

A Mictlan fleet of galleons sailed in central ocean, looking for Arshnoc and Shinuyama ships. They managed to catch several Arshnoc quinquiremes and used their catapults against their enemies. Inferior in numbers, the Arshnoc fleet fled to a port protected by high towers in which catapults had been set up. The land defenses shot at Mictlan fleet, which didn't try to pursue the quinquiremes into the harbour. Several quinquiremes had been sunk, but other ships managed to find shelter from the Mictlan navy.

Deadly diseases spread in Seul, causing lots of deaths.

In the contested province of Ural, a band of steppe horsemen decided to join Arshnoc armies.
A huge giant army came from Utgard, and attacked the armies of Ural, and faced Ural defenders.
Spoiler :

Jotunheim and Arshnoc armies meet once more

Giant witches and wizards cast shadow blasts and hailstorms at Arshnoc tigers, decimating them, while elite Niefel giants faced fire clad celestial soldiers.

Shadow blasts cut holes in Arshnoc ranks.

Arshnoc tigers rout, but the giants are still held in deadly fire clouds.

Arshnoc soldiers retreat into their fortresses

Having been beaten on the field, Arshnoc soldiers and mages retreat into their fortresses, where their catapults hold the giants at bay for the moment. However, the giants are good at huring boulders and will likely breach the defenses, although not without some losses.

While they were attacked and besieged by land in the north, Arshnoc armies were also attacked in the south. Galleons and triremes landed massive armies of abysian and Lankan warriors; Demonbred wizards flew in front of the fighters, sending fireballs against the defenders who would have prevented the landing, and the invaders managed to set foot on the northern continent. Fortunately for T'ien Ch'i, a big army of tigers had been sent there, where the fertile lands would provide enough game for the savage beasts to feed upon. Arshnoc commanders led all their tigers and soldiers against the invaders.
Spoiler :

Lankans on the right, Abysians on the left, face Arshnoc tigers and footmen.

Fire ans astral magic is hurled at the tigers on the left, while elephants and monkeys attack on the right wing.

Arshnoc left wing is routed by imps and lava warriors.

elephants are routed byt Lanka wizards reanimate undead to hold Arshnoc armies while the Abysians win the battle on their wing.

As in the north, the battle ended in an Arshnoc defeat, and a retreat into the forts that Arshnoc had built in the province. Lankans and abysians have started building catapults to take down the Arshnoc defenses.

New map:
Spoiler :

Before i even read it: woohoo- nice to see the update this week...
thanks ldi.

will read and provide more comments.

A Mictlan fleet of galleons sailed in central ocean, looking for Arshnoc and Shinuyama ships. They managed to catch several Arshnoc quinquiremes and used their catapults against their enemies. Inferior in numbers, the Arshnoc fleet fled to a port protected by high towers in which catapults had been set up. The land defenses shot at Mictlan fleet, which didn't try to pursue the quinquiremes into the harbour. Several quinquiremes had been sunk, but other ships managed to find shelter from the Mictlan navy.
thats clever KJ.

Best picture: the dead assassin...

Good update ... seems pretty quiet. Nice to see abyssia getting in on the action.

Can we do communions? I thought ermor did one earlier on but i am not sure if its too gamey for this NES or not...

If so, i am not sure about your ability to set up fights, but could we set up pretty much any commander order (to ensure our master goes last and can cast reinvigoration for example)?
Communions can be set up in battle.
One needs to have either astral and Thaumaturgy 1 or blood magic and Blood 1 for that. Pythium wizard priests are also better than absolutely everybody else at that, by the way.
Communion is a way to make a wizard more powerful on the battlefield y sharing powers. I'll set up communions automatically when it makes sense. What communions should really mean to you is that the more wizards, the stronger they become (I mean it is not linear).

Having caster cast last is definitely too gamey though. It's already a bug in the game so I will never use it. Reverse communions are also a bit tricky. I could set one up if it makes sense but it's not really something one should base a strategy upon. I use the game to simulate fights, I'm not going to let loopholes in the system be abused.

k- i will send you a PM or e-mail about what i want to do and you can rule on it.

I'll send mails with stats tomorrow, probably quite early as I won't be working. Please note I asked orders to be sent for friday. If they can't be sent in time, it's not a problem, but I may need one more week to do the update - unless it's relatively quiet like this time, where there were relatively few battles.
Of course, it's very likely that there will be more battles than this update.

KF:
i think you'll be facing your own horse-archers soon :)

My poor assassins :(

immac: horse archers? huh, forgot I could build those. I'll stick with tigers for now, they're cheaper.
do you know how many tigers were waiting there? You beat somewhere around 25 units.

I had nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom