FFH NES III: The Expanse

Hmm. First glance tells me my business might have had a larger market in the Eastern Expanse...

Is there any need for me to join the social group? I'm just lurking, but if I'm missing anything by being outside of that group, I want in.

And where can I find this map ?

It's only in the social group for now. Later in the week I'll put up a thread for the Eastern Expanse, and then I'll move the map and all related information there as well.

Is there any need for me to join the social group? I'm just lurking, but if I'm missing anything by being outside of that group, I want in.

Good question, I hadn't thought of that. So far there is nothing in the group that isn't going to end up in one of the threads, but if you would like to join that's great. Later on it might contain more discussion than now.

I'll just observe the effects of the group in the thread until I gain evidence that I should do otherwise.

i'm gonna have to quit this nes, i was sorta out of the loop, since my ffh got deleted, and now with rl stuff, i just have too much stuff on my hands.

ok everybody. the innovation tree is done, but i've only posted the branches. in your orders your going to have to do some blind bidding with your research by picking how much research to spend in which branches, and you'll find out what you get in Update 0. i want orders by 11:59 PM Friday, October 30, 2009 (today). your orders for now will just consist of telling me how you spend your starting resources. it's short notice but if i have everyone's submission for starting resources by that time i can post Update 0 sunday. if not, then it'll have to wait. and about the eastern expanse, i can't say for sure whether MoD is going to be posting it this weekend, though i think that he will.

If I have a culture score of 14+ do I double all initial research? so if I spend 8 points on research do i get 200 or 400 initial research?
Can we trade technology?
edit: can we spend starting resources on units/people?
Could there be a brief description of each type of innovation posted?

If I have a culture score of 14+ do I double all initial research? so if I spend 8 points on research do i get 200 or 400 initial research?
Can we trade technology?

yeah, that`s an important question, and i want to add to this: does the double effect for the speciality tree also count in the initial turn?

Yeah, I really truly want to get my org sent out, promise. It'll happen. Just not today. Or maybe tomorrow. But this week.

Yeah, I lied. :( Sorry... but I just can't commit the time to this, my NES, and my other involved NES'es. Plus, many of the same reasons that caused me to create a non-FFH NES apply: I'm rather sick of the world. It was fun, it may be fun again, but right now its just tiring.

My apologies again.

ok everybody. the innovation tree is done, but i've only posted the branches. in your orders your going to have to do some blind bidding with your research by picking how much research to spend in which branches, and you'll find out what you get in Update 0. i want orders by 11:59 PM Friday, October 30, 2009 (today). your orders for now will just consist of telling me how you spend your starting resources. it's short notice but if i have everyone's submission for starting resources by that time i can post Update 0 sunday. if not, then it'll have to wait. and about the eastern expanse, i can't say for sure whether MoD is going to be posting it this weekend, though i think that he will.

I submitted a starting orders thing but i don't feel i made informed decisions. I wonder if others feel the same way.

i.

Mine are okay, but I'd like to revise them if we get any more info.

I feel like without any kind of reference, we can't have any idea how many point are appropriate. I mean, I know that I can get 25rp for 1 general point, but without any idea of how much the tier 1 techs are, how am I going to know how much to invest?

Same principle with money, if I want to save some for quick expansion, how will I know how much to stockpile?

yeah, i just spend my general point "into the blue", sharing them equaly between the possibilities and then giving a double bonus on what i felt to be right. but i actually dont have a clue if that is right, because somewhere is written that you aren`t supposed to spend beyond tier 2 into one techtree... so i don`t know if i did that or not...

So... should we assume no update today*?

*take humorously

not at all. it's still sunday. the update is going up in a bit. my goal is to have these updates go up every sunday, but don't expect them to be early. i refuse to wake up earlier than noon on a sunday, and today was an exception because of daylight savings.

EDIT: all right so i did not receive orders from everyone (thomas & merciary) and only got 1 starting position. so i'm going to split update 0 into two parts. the first will be general events. then tomorrow or tuesday or whenever i get everyone's orders i'll post part 2 with all the player events, info, and newly discovered innovations.

I completely agree with not getting up prior to noon, though I'm nothing compared to my roommate who doesn't get up before 4

...4?

I am utterly blown away at this revelation (I get up at 6:30 am like a clockwork..)

errrr.... I fix that, hold just a bit.

Update 0, Part I: The Long Day’s Night

The month of Leafall in the year 763 of the 5th Age has come to an end, and great feasts are held throughout the lands as the peoples of the Sunken Valley, Odio’s Desert, and the Red Jungle celebrate the Festival of the Harvest Moon. Each culture celebrates the Harvest Moon in their own distinct way. The orcs of the Horde brand their strongest slaves and release them into the jungle, chasing them in what they call the Great Hunt. Rumors have it that the orcs eat those slaves they catch.

Further north in Odio’s Desert the nomadic clans of the Equos immigrate to the southern shore in droves. There they collect the water they will need for the coming season, and commence the festivities with horse races while eating clams, their favorite delicacy. In the Equos cities and Shedu lands the people celebrate the final harvest of grains, and other foodstuffs growing along the floodplains of the Aurum River, with the Equos venerating the gifts of the Great Mother and the Shedu solemnly worshipping the light of Lugus respectively.

The Festival of the Harvest Moon in the Kingdom of Shedu this year was more greatly anticipated than it has been in recent years, as the constellation of the Night Sun was to appear in the same night sky as the Harvest Moon. The monarch of Shedu spent vast amounts of gold from his treasuries to make sure that this year’s celebration would be one to remember.

The holiday in the Sunken Valley, however, is dedicated to none of the gods as the Nephilim enjoy the parties by day but shut themselves in their homes as soon as the sun sets to avoid the Reaper – a mythical being who is said to be the guardian of death. The story goes that long ago a priest of Succellus, having lost his wife, refused to let anything else in the Sunken Valley die. Arawn sent the Reaper to reunite the priest with his wife and set things right. He travels the lands to make sure that all which is supposed to end does, and the Nephilim make sure to be in their homes lest the Reaper mistakes them for something that is supposed to end.

A most satisfying festival of the Harvest Moon came and went, and the Night Sun shone brighter than it ever had in recent memory. Suddenly, all went dark. At precisely midnight, the bright light of the Harvest Moon in the Night Sun vanished. In an instant, the constellation of Lugus and moon itself vanished. Naught but starlight could be found in the sky. Those still awake and sober couldn’t believe their eyes. Many marveled at the phenomenon. The next morning the marvel turned into panic as the morning never came. Lugus never rose; only starlight could be found in the heavens. The priests of Lugus in Shedu proclaimed that it was a sign of the end times. They proclaimed all must repent and revere Lugus or fall victim to the coming plagues. In Equos lands many had crises of faith as the necessity and power of Lugus was felt.

In the Sunken Valley all the lower castes of the Nephilim refused to leave their homes, convinced that the Reaper was still nearby. The aristocracy came together in parliament, and raucously debated how they could keep the economy moving if people refused to leave their homes. In the Red Jungle word came from the priests that this was Acheron’s divine will, and that the festivities of the Harvest Moon should continue – and they did.

Back in the Shedu city of Kalm it was reported that a mass of ghosts were sighted in the city streets and throughout the countryside. These translucent beings were traveling everywhere in the kingdom, walking through walls as well as through people to many a person’s surprise. The ghosts ignored all living beings and focused solely on their individual treks, crisscrossing one another and in seemingly no discernable pattern. Eventually they each disappeared from sight.

The day’s night went on, and riots broke out in the streets of many civilized cities. The various peoples feared that Armageddon had come. Looting became rampant in Equos cities, and eventually in Nephilim cities as well. Safety could no longer be found in one’s own home, or even in the city temples. Martial law was instituted. By torchlight order was restored with great difficulty.

After thirty hours of night, the dawn finally came.

Top Bottom