The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Thanks for the info Darkyxinhow. Maybe I will get BTS later. I only play civ for about a month and then get tired of it and pick it up later again.

I hope someone in the mod community will take nothin personal's request to heart and create some really great and realistic Greek mods.

Just wondering if there was any update on when the BTS 3.17 version of this terrific mod will be available?

Amazing Mod and I had some AMAZINGLY epic battles between rome and the Illyrian empire on Emperor were talking at least 200+ units each Draining my economy down to 20% research at the end of the game but allowing for an army that blots out the sun! I barely won the war by drafting and whipping soldiers after half of my army was totally wiped out by the stacks of death

Few issues

1. Being able to draft and whip soldiers at the same time is a little overpowered.
2. AI NEVER uses transports EVER This makes Naval battles a little more trivial as your only defending resources not stopping them from landing on your shores.
3. No greek fire doh!
4. Why do some of the civics say they lower City distance maintenance when they just increase it? Some of them are not worth it as it bankrupts your country for no real advantage.
5. Early religions dominate the game even if latter ones give more benefits.

Great mod and keep up the good work!

does anyone have the source files for the bts 3.17 TAM civgamecore.dll.
I want to try to combine TAM with a mod allowing larger city radii.

I downloaded The BTS ver .82, the maps file and the TAM9-20 game core dll file. Where do I put them when extracted?

Is a cultural victory possible? I have played several games and have come nowhere near.

Sorry about the duplicate post.

My wife and I are trying to play a cooperative multiplayer game vs. computers using the TAM Mediterranean - 18 Civs - Huge - v2.01 map. This was something that we used to do in the Civ3 version of TAM. However we cannot seem to add any Computer players to our Multiplayer game.

Is it not possible to add AI players to scenario maps in Civ4?

Thanks,
Haplo

My wife and I are trying to play a cooperative multiplayer game vs. computers using the TAM Mediterranean - 18 Civs - Huge - v2.01 map. This was something that we used to do in the Civ3 version of TAM. However we cannot seem to add any Computer players to our Multiplayer game.

Is it not possible to add AI players to scenario maps in Civ4?

Thanks,
Haplo

Are you playing hotseat or multiplayer on different computers?

the last time i played a multiplayer over the net, you could setup a normal AI/human game with the full 18 player slots, but this was a couple of versions ago. the problem then was the two players getting out of sync, which im pretty sure became an issue when Firaxis had the game folders mirrored in the My Games folder in your My Documents folder.

Make sure both parties have all the updates for both Firaxis and using the same version of TAM if its not a Hot Seat game.

Ya, we are using Direct IP Connection over a LAN. Same versions et al. There are sync probs, but we just have her reconnect and it fixes it - no biggy.

We are able to play TAM games multiplayer if we let Civ4 generate a random map for us. Also the out-of-the-box scenario maps allow us to add AI players. However, for all the TAM maps, the slots are open and players can join any civ, but they are grayed out and can't be changed to AI or Closed.

We would love to be able to play the TAM maps multiplayer vs. all the AIs so any help is appreciated.

Haplo

Well, the full 0.82 for 3.17 was updated on 7th June. *shrug*

Grrr. Was looking forward to it (despite its odd combination of civilizations) but when it opens on the world screen I have the glitch where none of the information bars/minimap etc appear. Just the map and my units D:

Who is interested to play a new TAM version, but running on BTS 3.17 ONLY, can download it here ;)

Hey Ambrox, Happy New Year!

Anyway IgorS requested that I reskin my Clovis LH to look like Vercingetorix. I kinda took a little artistic liscence on this, but I figured you might have a use for it:

It is in the DB if you are interested. Good mod, keep up the good work.

Posting to subscribe to the thread, so I know when the next update comes out. For some reason, I can't get .90c or .90d to run properly so I'm looking forward to the release of .91.

Top Bottom