Dominion NES

The Mantis has completed her compilation of authors she likes best.
  • Haruki Murakami
  • Knut Hampson
  • Joseph Conrad

The Mantis has completed her compilation of musicians she likes best.
  • Lou Reed
  • Bjork
  • The Flaming Lips

The Mantis has completed her compilation of pretenders she likes best.
  • Mantis
  • Mantis
  • Mantis

Of course Thorndai didn't make that list: That's no Pretender, it's a Space God!

But Bjork...is that why she appeared (in name) as a minor Character in FfH Nes Ii?

Yes. i heart bjork.

From the Journal of Annarr Flár Nafn, scholar
It is known that over the last few years, there has been an increase in horrifying visions seen seers and mages. While many would believe this the some sort of warning, or prophecy, I severely doubt this, and propose that this is instead a side effect of the apparent attempt by Pythium mages to pierce the Merki of either Eðr Draðr Hræzla, or Myrkr Dreyma. They could also be caused by an increase in Mictalnese Blood summoning, or the strange disturbance in the Straumr recently centred in Arshanoc.

However, what most disturbs me is that some of these visions have been seen by True Volva and Galdrmen, including the Lady Llywen, who have also been hearing rǫdd and veinas, as well as visions of Hel, which should not be seen, as it is separate from the Others. Also, the draugen have reported hearing noises in their andlát hǫfgi, and these are most unusual. It would be wise in the public were not made aware of these events. It could only scare them.
End Quote

From the Midgard and Formoria New Network MFNN: In other news, a group of talent scouts have discovered the extraordinary musical traditions of Lýðveldið Island, and are organizing groups of musicians of the island to travel Midgard and Formoria. Lady Gwen the Unchanging as expressed interest in the performance by the group in Vanstajkef, perhaps even at the palace.

Merki: the Boundry ( the wall between worlds)
Eðr Draðr Hræzla: Still Dead Terror (the Outer Places, were the Demon plains are)
Myrkr Dreyma: Black Dream (Tartarus)
Straumr: the Current (Magic)
rǫdd and veinas: Voices and wails
andlát hǫfgi: Death Sleep
Lýðveldið Island: The small island off of Midgard’s south coast, between it and Eriu
Vanstajkef: The Capital City of Midgard and Formoria
MFNN

This is a Public Service Announcement about recent rumors of a "magical disturbance" in the country of Arshnoc
The nation of Arshnoc vehemently denies any rumors of Arshnocian experimentation on the Stream, and spreading of such rumors is highly frowned upon. Arshnoc has not done any piercing of the so-called 'Veil', nor has it practiced that most vile of magics; sacrificial or 'Blood' magic. The wizards of Arshnoc haven't been looking for a way to destroy our first, last, and only line of defense against large scale invasion from outside, the Veil in a desperate attempt to destroy our foes. The war is going well and we have no need to resort to such extreme and dangerous methods.
On a side note: all citizens are warned to keep vigilant against demonic attack. Pamphlets have been issued on what to do in case of attack. Remember, duck and cover
We thank you for your time
Huan, the Public Relations Council

Phss, maybe you should read this

@darksaber: just remember to send those gold and mana ;)

Exept from The Geography of Midgard and Formoria, by Eðr Neinn Sannindi

Spoiler :
Helheim:

. The terrain of Helheim varies between the cold Highlands of the Mountains, which are some of the coldest and most desolate areas of Midgard, and the lowland plains. The most densely populated area of Helheim is the Blár Dalr, the “Black Valley”, which is also the westernmost area, the curved valley going south. Within Blár Dalr lays the capital, Svartrborg, were the Kaldr and Seinn rivers meet. Svartrborg currently houses nearly half of the population of Helheim, who mostly work as foresters, miners or fishermen. On the coast of Helheim, were the Djúpr River (made from the union of Kaldr and Seinn) flows into the north-east Atlantean Sea lays the town of Djurmeidr, whose population near doubles ever spring, when the fishermen sail from Svartrborg to live in Djurmeidr while they ply the waters of Œðra Djúbr, the Fearful Depths, and the North Atlantean.

. Also in Blár Dalr are two of the three largest lakes in Midgard, the Spegill Yfirborð, the larger, kidney shaped lake, and the smaller Blóðugr Vatn, Bloody Lake (notably, this does not refer to the blood having blood, but is in fact cursing the lake, named after fisherman fell out of his boat, got stuck in the mud, attacked by Eels, and found he was only on a small island in the lake, and had eaten his catch and boots bytime rescue came), also known as Skór Etar (Shoe Eater, either after the previous story, or after the lakes thick, deep mud).

. Separated from Blár Dalr by the Fingr Bein Ridge (Named after the legend it was formed from Ymirs finger) lies the Feiknstaffir Geil (Cursed Land), were trolls, svartalfar and the remaining Svikari Hangdrott prey on travelers. Besides the town of Hrekkjalómurs Endalok, were the Djöfulls Míga flows into the Western Freesing Sea, there are few human settlements, and few travelers.

The Following is an Urgent Message from Heill Lausaleiksbarn, the head of DwCoMaEoMftDDaDoLR (now accepting none Dwarven members!! Ask about our group rates!!!):
Spoiler :
Greetings, lesser races! It has come to the DwCoMaEoMftDDaDoLR’s attention that some beings may be tapering with the boundaries of reality. If this is true, I need ask you this: ARE YOU TOTALLY T OF YOU’RE MINDS!!!! Do you really /Ferryman/ that this is a good idea? I mean /ch-ch-changes/, what made you /the Lord and the Devil are now playing chess/-ng believe any good could come of this? We at /and if you know don’t by now/ feel strongly about /Werewolves of London!/ and urge our government to /then we take Berlinnn/ action against /the only thing we have to fear is/sparkling clean dishes!/...wait, is something /can you hear me now?/ with this /and city lights so cold/? Really, what’s /Headless Thompson gunner is no-more/-AHHHH/ From the producers of Spring Time for Cthulhu, from the directors of Robbing Hoods: Men in Tights vs. Pirates vs. Ninja; from the men who brought you Flaming Horses, it’s-Space Spheres: Voortrekkers vs. The Empire!

When the Boer War broke out in 1899, when the German North South Africa invaded Dutch South South Africa, the British Empire stepped in to stop the spread of Germanism from spreading south to Antactica. The war was long and vicious, with the British resorting to napalm and chemical defoliants to clear the dense scrub that gave the Boer-cong their advantage, a small group of Voortrekkers fled to the New World on the Titanic, just days ahead of the Fall of Johannesburg. However, the Titanic struck the lost continent of Atlantis, with the Voortrekkers being the only survivors. On Atlantis, they found a Star Door, which lead to a Perpendicular Universe, from whence came the Galactic Empire! Soon, the Voortrekkers are fighting for their lives against the Empires Crack legions, the Benzoylmethylecgonine. Can they survive? Will the Empire’s Lysergide legion stop dancing to music only they can hear? Find out, this March 42!

/seriously, WHAT’S GOING ON! Wait, is it over? Well, umm, that’s the end of this message from me, Heill Lausaleiksbarn, head of DwCoMaEoMftDDaDoLR, at least until I found out what just/ ah-OOO!/ AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
This has been a broadcast by the DwCoMaEoMftDDaDoLR head/you know his name means “Complete Bastard, right?/...ummm... .
Spoiler :
Wow, that was a stange dream I thought that up /LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL/...:wow::scared:... .

head asplosion

The Arshnocian Council of would like to stress that the above message seems to be a sign of perfect mental health in dwarves and in no way shows the prevalence of drugs in the Oceanic Alliance. And please, we aren't witch doctors.
The Council of Theatre would like to know where the DwCoMaEoMftDDaDoLR learned of their latest production.
The Council of Alchemists says "We told you so"

Dwarves don't get black-lung. They get Black-brain.
Also, WHOOO! One more regular day of College 'till January! Whooo!!!

Spoiler :
It has been told from many generations before that there is a library, hidden from eyes of civilization, existing in a different plane of space and time and containing knowledge and artifacts locked away from mortals. Many believe this is just a story. How can they not? There are stories that speak of warriors of former Ermorian Empire, before the Death Cult, who have been given gift of immortality by the then emperor of Ermor and fell into disfavor and locked away for all eternity when Death Cult came into being as a “solution”. Some speak of a certain former god who reigned in Arcocephale who mated with a human priestess. There are even stories of a certain circle of mages that worship the moon. This was just another rumor, they said. Nothing more than a story told to fascinate small children.
This is false, as the library exists. My father, as he lay dying had told me thus. Told me of the library. About the secrets it contained, and how to get to it. When the moon of this earth rises to its full prominence above the Jagged Peaks of Colchis, the library will show itself at the 7th mountain of the Kings.
He had also warned me to not approach it. To keep its secrets hidden from others. I should have listened, but I was young. The lure of hidden knowledge compelled me. Compelled me to learn its secrets. I took a friend, a noble whom I had acquainted and my other friends and journeyed there.
And then we found it. A library, hidden so that it had even escaped the prying eyes of Celes’s agents. For a moment after we had first seen it, all felt as we were dreaming. How could we not? Instead of straight cut stones and walls that we were familiar with, the walls of the library was made of strange angles. We circled around the wall at an angle that looked as if acute yet behaved as if obtuse. Soon, we found a door. Or at least, what we perceived to be a door, and broke into the library, wielding powerful lamps and daggers for protection.
My friend went in first, but stopped and paused at the doorway. All asked him what he saw. “wonderful things,” he replied. He finally entered the library. When we followed, we saw what he had seen. Endless room greeted with us. Along the endless shelves were endless lines of books and artifacts from the past. I was shocked as I had never even imagined the tale my father had told me were true. And I imagined that even if it was true, the wonders it held I expected to have gone. Stolen by ones that came before us.
My friends grinned and held out a small black book towards me. “Hurry. We grab as much as we can and then we get out of here.” I nodded and took it. I then took a small stone sphere from a pedestal. While the others took the jewels and amulets that adorned the room, I took time to read the book. I was curious about its content.

That was the last sane thing I have ever done.

Soon a huge blackness came from the interior of the library. I ran away from it, but it quickly consumed me as well. I screamed.

Oh why doesn’t the Horrors from beyond consume me as mortals consume forbidden knowledge. They broke my family. Curse them all. From the time of the last Pantokrator I was doomed. Doomed to die yet live. Ungh ugh unh

They say that was what I had been screaming this as I was by my friend’s side. Holding a small redden black sphere and a book. My friend was dead. Crushed skull was the reason. The others are being held in a different room then I am. They took the sphere and the book from me. But they must know the truth. That I didn’t do it. The blackness did. They must know that the blackness of the temple killed us all, for that same blackness followed me to my cell. They must know.

ungh ugh unh? uh-oh
fun, lovecraft has entered the arena

A brief MEssage from the Dw-you know the rest:
. We of of our comitte would like to say /The monsters loose!/ a distrubing turn /thousand years in darkness, banished all alone/ THATS IT! Until this is sorted out, NO MORE BROADCASTS!!!

Players will be receiving detailed stats by e-mail.
Next orders expected for Sunday 20.
Next update should be sometime before christmas (or maybe just after).

UPDATE TWENTY ONE
Of battles and enchantments

In Bavaria, Ermor undead tried to brew some beer as they used to when they were alive. The result has been a toally worthless beverage that the living of Ulm dared not drink it.

On the western part of the southern continent, Mictlan benefits from an extraordinary Gift of Health: The Obsidian Mantis has spinned an enchantment that grants excellent health to all her loyal subjects, who grow older more slowly and heal more easily.
Furthermore, other enchantments have been set up in Mictlan. A huge blazing pyre has been alighted on the summit of the highest temple. This pyre never burns out and purifies the magic of the region.
Last, a blessing has been bestowed by the Mantis' priests to all across the world. Diseases, old age, suffering and pains are all drained of some of their essence. All malign energies are siphoned from the world and concentrated in the Well of Misery. This slightly increases fertility all over the world while at the same time granting mana to the owners of the Well.
The citizens of the capital celebrated these magical feats and many citizens volunteered to join the army, with nobles equipping a full regiment of eagle warriors.
Similar celebrations happened in Jaguar Jungles, but they were quickly put to an end as fevers spread among the faithful, despite the blessings. Priests blamed the fever fens and sent people home in order to prevent an epidemy. Most of the diseased healed surprisingly fast, but there was still a toll to the population. Who knows how much worse it could have been without the Mantis' magic?
However, In Man, the situation is far from being brilliant. The already very few inhabitants keep dying in droves. Plagues spread among the land, and some of the surviving Mans say this is not due to Ermor's magic but to the presence of Mictlan demons. Obviously, such unfaithful scoundrels were quickly sacrificed in honour of the Mantis, but some may be holding their tongues and thinking that gods not of Ermor nor Mictlan would be better suited to rule over their lives. Diseases also spread into Kymriu.

In Fomoria, Thorndai discovered the Shouting Stone, an ancient rock in the middle of the island, rumoured to shout when the legitimate king sat on it. The lord of Vanheim sat, and the stone shouted a mighty roar, heard all over the island. This resulted in a tremendous boost of morale and loyalty among the fomorian people.

In Manchuria, Shinuyama miners have provided more gold than ever in taxes thanks to the success of their trade of diamonds.
In Shinuyama proper, an old shugenja pretends to know how exactly the Pantokrator disappeared. He said that the meteor from the sky wasn't a ball of flame, cold or raw magic, as many supposed, but a burning earth. Before he could made his more excentric views known, Shizen quickly took measures to isolate him.

A bishop of Abysia perused the old religious books of the Marignon inquisitors. He came to the conclusion that the Great Inquisitor had been waiting all his life for the arrival of the real god, hence why he called himself 'Inquisitor', which is a priestly title. The abysian bishop proved that the Great Inquisitor was actually a priest, not a god, as his ultimate death well proved, and that the god Marignoneses were worshipping was actually the yet-dormant at the time Sagra. The publication of this theological discovery caused much rejoicing in Marignon, where the faith in Sagra is at its strongest. This discovery, along with determined actions by the abysians to better organise the administration in the province led to better understanding between humans and lavamen, and increased stability.

In Pangaea, Pythium fanatics hunted the followers of the false gods. Many Mictlan and Arshnoc followers were chased in pogroms and killed.
Spoiler :

In Seul, Arshnoc citizens tapped the power of ancient magic places to increase the fertility of their lands.
In the Arshnoc capital, celestial hounds answered the call of Arshnoc wizards in great numbers in order to defend their lands.

A big Lankan fleet sailed into Central Ocean and raided Arshnoc coasts. Arshnoc ships and their land defenses managed to hold them at bay but the piracy made it very hard for fishermen and traders to go on with their business, therefore causing an economic recession in the province (lost gold).

Blights strike the southern continent once again, this time in the east: The lands of Lanka are severely hit. The capital island, in particular, suffered greatly. As people lacked decent food, diseases spread from the marshes, resulting in many casualties among the monkey population.
Worse, on the border of Patala and Bandar Log, several water snake spirits known as nagas tried to overthrow Lankan rule. The nagas have managed to attract several monkey followers, and although they are not a dangerous threat right now, they might become more than a noisance if left unchecked.
The rakshasas were more fortunate in Hinnom mountains, as giant healers provided help and managed to save many lives.

In the province of T'ien Chi, another ape wizard was assassinated, and foreign spies started riots, but the Lankan army was heavily patrolling, and caught many of the leaders.In fact, after a few spies were caught, the rakshasi (who, for those who don't know them, are female demons able to change shape and mistresses of illusion and seduction) managed to convince a few of them to switch sides. This, combined with the rakshasas illusion magic mastery, allowed them to infiltrate the enemies'organisation, and the spies and assassins were all arrested and killed. Arshnoc's lead spy, an illusionist, was lured too by one of the rakshasi. It was almost too late when he found out her illusions, and he only managed to evade a deadly fate by putting on a cloak that hid him from the demons' sight and magic. He retreated into Man Ch'i.

Meanwhile, Arshnoc armies regrouped in Man Ch'i, and started marching against T'ien Chi. However, a small army of abysian soldiers moved against Arshnoc proper. Arshnoc generals apparaised their strength and foudn it small enough that their province defense and newly summoned celestial hounds should be able to handle them. The hounds, militia and wizards marched to the border to repel the abysians.
Spoiler :

Arshnoc defenders and hounds attack abysian humanbreds and their rakshasa leaders.

Abysian troops were easily dispatched but it soon appeared that this attack from T'ien Chi was a kind of subterfuge: In the capital, far from the battlefield, demons appeared at night, wielding moon blades, and started killing people wantonly. The murders caused a lot of fear in the population, and celestial hounds and wizards were called back to find the culprits. At first, Arshnoc patrols were unsuccessful, and a few wizards were found dead or just went missing at night. Then, one of the celestial hound patrols found a small group of sandhyabala demons and killed them. Several wizards had disappeared because of the demons sneak attack, along with many civilians.
Spoiler :

A rakshasa warrior shouting at the celestial hounds

Arshnoc armies in Man Ch'i moved into T'ien Chi, where the rakshasas and monkeys waited for them. Both armies were huge in numbers:
Spoiler :

Lankan army was made of palankashas surrounded by ape infantry and backed by light bandar archers. Many wizards and blood slaves accompanied them.

Arshnoc armies counted celestial soldiers, giant lions, pordelain soldiers and tigers. A pair of huge animated trees, many archers and wizards were also on the field.

Arshnoc attacked first, launching a hail of arrows and lightning upon their enemies. Lankans retaliated by enchanting their troops to protect them from missiles, evoking thunder strikes and shooting their own arrows.
Spoiler :

Demons and apes close in to fight celestial soldiers and lions.

Lankan troops stretch thin while their archers shoot arrow upon arrow against their heavily armoured enemies.

Tigers run around the left flank of Lankan armies to attack the mages and archers in the rear.

Arshnoc celestial soldiers shoot their thunder bows while their front troops get rid of the monley infantry.

Lankan archers and reanimated undead move forward to fight Arshnoc after their infantry was defeated.

Lankan soldiers retreat to hide behind their walls.

The battle turned in favor of Arshnoc, thanks to the heavy armor of their porcelain soldiers and celestial soldiers, which protected them from the deadly Lankan arrows. Despite the loss of their tigers and lions, Arshnoc soldiers managed to force the Lankans to retreat behind the walls of their fortresses.

New map:
Spoiler :

Due to the upcoming christmas, I would rather work on the update during the week rather than the week-end, so check the deadline for orders is next sunday (GMT). I hope I can get the next update before Christmas. If not, then it'll be after christmas, obviously.

Well, it was short because people didn't do much apart from Arshnoc and Mictlan. I could probably have written more about the Abysian theological research parts, though.

Top Bottom