Dr kossin #11

Round 2

I started off by switching tech to Animal Husbandry as roads weren't needed just yet. Luckily, there were horses not too far away.
A green workboat showed up, so I decided to send my own and swap Sailing in the queue for intercontinental trade routes.

The first Great Scientist was settled as commerce is rather weak, and was going to be for a while, if you know what I mean.

A few trades were possible so i took them ASAP.

I still haven't found him by the end of the round...

After getting a sizeable stack, I DoW'd Willem for a few reasons.

One, he was lightly defended.

Two, this:

Three:

Which allowed for this trade...

Putting me not too far behind the other AIs...

Suryavarman is very lightly defended as well from what I can say. I might attack him and pick off his continent cities.

For now, I queued Infrastructure a bit everywhere to help with the economy... no hammers have been invested so I can still pump out some HAs.

Otherwise, I have a lot of new land and some left to settle.

Lucky :p. Sury hit me with a DoW long before you'd declared on willem. Fortunately, I'd spammed chariots for the same goal as you had and as such wiped him out quickly.

Heh, I've had a warrior watching his 2 eastern cities and he never massed anything that looked like a threat.

His land isn't so great but I might be able to squeeze out a tech or two from him.

Round 3

Not a very long round, but I'm short on time and I'm going away for 3 days so preparations are necessary. (I have enough on my hands right now)

The only 'trade' of the round:

I left the Rathauses in the queue and whipped most of them ASAP to help the economy.
Once my Horse Archers were in position, I DoW'd Suryavarman to pick some more cities...

After which I took peace in exchange for Metal Casting (screenshot missing).

Currently researching Paper and have a GS stored in the hopes of bulbing Education to get a chance at Liberalism.

I'll finish off Willem next so that I can go find Hannibal to get better trade routes.

Sorry for the lack of precision but there really isn't much more to be said here :)

Since I'm away for a little while, I won't be able to post rounds until the 28th.

Happy holidays to everyone :) :) :) ...and hope for not too much snow!

Round 4

A peaceful round, although I did partake in some wars...

I started by finishing Paper which opened up a few trades.

This allowed better trade routes and made it so I would meet the other AIs more easily. I also traded map with everyone to gain more gold for deficit research.

The Great Scientist was bulbed towards Education as planned.

Deficit gold can always be helped by failing Wonders.

I got tired of Willem after a while so... he didn't put much of a fight.

Met the biggest AI so far shortly afterwards.

And one of the smallest comes demanding. Granted for diplo points and swiftly cancelled 10 turns later.

Trades...

And I finally meet the last AI on this watery map... 3 of the best water leaders got generated hmmmm...

Some more trades...

Sury got bold and tried planting a city on my continent... will he learn his lesson?

More trades!

And finally after delaying it for several turns, I take Liberalism with Democracy as freebie.

I used this guy I'd been saving to trigger a Golden Age and allow for a few civic changes. (Free Religion/Caste... to get out a Great Scientist and finally land an Academy!) Emancipation will be nice as I plan to cottage over a lot of the land.

Techs - Hannibal does really well thanks to his UB.

Diplomacy... Diplomatic Victory is in the deck if things go right.

I think I'll play lazy and go for space while checking for a possible Diplo Victory. This game was in the bag by the time Willem was conquered.

Round 5

Seeing as the game was in the bag, I decided to play lazy as I said last round... Space it is.

I started by making that Academy I'd been talking about and also moved the Palace to use the Bureaucracy bonus.

Several trades were available, mostly with Hannibal.

I also wonder-whored a lot this round!

More trades...

More wonders!

I also got lucky with Great People so...

They weren't great corporations but the Rathaus is the best UB to use Corporations in my opinion.

Since I had a bunch of Great Engineers spawn... I thought I'd make a few more wonders.

When Hannibal started throwing his weight around, I bribed him into Free Religion to ensure he couldn't get a surprise diplo win on me.

Finally, some hundred years later...

And the inevitable result:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Post game

Here are the graphics to show how much I was in control of the game...

Taking out WvO and Sury gave me so much land there was very little doubt I'd lose.

So, how did space fare in the endscore?

Combined with Cultural and pure Diplomatic, they are usually the lower scoring victories.

EDIT: Nice game TMIT, things turned out quite differently in the beginning but the end result was pretty much the same.
Look for Dr kossin #12 in some time... and hopefully somewhat more of a challenge!

Top Bottom