[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

I wasn't nitpicking BTW :p I played the game to about 1000 AD or so and had no problems at all. Although the Auto plant probably wold have meant kickazz chariots tho'.

More details, please (what turn did this happen, language version your running civ in, etc).

it`s first turn. Original Eng version of game. patch 3.19. WinXP Pro SP3.
reinstal game 2 times. With reg and file cleaning.
the original BtS work normal

and with HiTM 3.xx all was fine.

Ctrl+I, Alt+I don`t help

If need somethigt to test, i can help

Hmmm were u testing planetary size? Huge map works for me good but when i start planetary size i'm getting runtime error. I was checking this size on other mod (Conquer The World) and it's working fine

I wasn't nitpicking BTW :p I played the game to about 1000 AD or so and had no problems at all. Although the Auto plant probably wold have meant kickazz chariots tho'.

I know. :D

But after making the Ford & Chrysler module, I noticed that the GM Corp wonder wasn't what I wanted it to be in the final release. I was toying around with it, changing it over several times while developing v4.00, and I must have put the "wrong" GM Corp in the final release. The Quick Fix was designed to restore the GM Corp wonder to the way I wanted it in the final release.

Slight oversight on my part. :p

it`s first turn. Original Eng version of game. patch 3.19. WinXP Pro SP3.
reinstal game 2 times. With reg and file cleaning.
the original BtS work normal

and with HiTM 3.xx all was fine.

Ctrl+I, Alt+I don`t help

If need somethigt to test, i can help

Hmmmm.... it should work for you. Post up the PythonErr.log file (on a game that shows blank interface) and I'll see if I can make heads or tails from it.

2Grave:

First, thanks for your titanic work, HitM is one of my favorite mods!
The problem is the same as Deathdoor's - no interface in v.4. I played versions 3.xx before and everything was ok.
I know the reason - my account's folder has cyrillic name. I've created additional profile in latin and the mod worked properly.
Are there any ways to solve the problem without using second profile? To change a font maybe? I can't rename my account's folder, because I use Administrator account (Win7).

Hey Grave, first wanted to applaud you for the incredibly enjoyable modpack. Well done sir. Secondly, I wanted to report a few issues I've ran into for some reason, as I don't see them reported by any others.

1. For some reason, Armsmen in Byzantine and Portugese Civs show up as pink when fortified on cities, suggesting a broken graphic
2. Oil Wells (on land) show up correctly in WorldBuilder but not in the main map, instead showing a red circle as if to indicate a broken graphic.
3. American infantrymen also show up as pink.

I'm using an absolutely clean Bts 3.19 install, pristine, Vista 32x with your 4.00 HiTM mod only. I will add that I've isolated the problem to only occurring when Animations Frozen is selected. It's NOT a big deal but I figured you'd want the heads up.

2Grave:

First, thanks for your titanic work, HitM is one of my favorite mods!
The problem is the same as Deathdoor's - no interface in v.4. I played versions 3.xx before and everything was ok.
I know the reason - my account's folder has cyrillic name. I've created additional profile in latin and the mod worked properly.
Are there any ways to solve the problem without using second profile? To change a font maybe? I can't rename my account's folder, because I use Administrator account (Win7).

Thanks for this info, TermiX! I have added your findings to the "Known Issues" portion of Post #4: Bug Reporting. Hopefully this will help your fellow Russian HiTM players! :goodjob:

It sounds like the issue may be BUG Mod related. I'll pass your finding on to the BUG Team, and see if they can help resolve it. Unfortunately for now, it looks like the only way to resolve the interface issue for Russian (cyrillic) users is to use Latin alphabet in their user profiles for Windows. I know that can be an inconvenience, but that is one of the reasons I always say HiTM is designed for English language only. :)

But again, thanks for the feedback... I would have never figured that one out. I'll pass this on to the BUG Team...

Hey Grave, first wanted to applaud you for the incredibly enjoyable modpack. Well done sir. Secondly, I wanted to report a few issues I've ran into for some reason, as I don't see them reported by any others.

1. For some reason, Armsmen in Byzantine and Portugese Civs show up as pink when fortified on cities, suggesting a broken graphic
2. Oil Wells (on land) show up correctly in WorldBuilder but not in the main map, instead showing a red circle as if to indicate a broken graphic.
3. American infantrymen also show up as pink.

I'm using an absolutely clean Bts 3.19 install, pristine, Vista 32x with your 4.00 HiTM mod only. I will add that I've isolated the problem to only occurring when Animations Frozen is selected. It's NOT a big deal but I figured you'd want the heads up.

Yuck... red blobs and pink units are a pet peeve of mine. That sounds perverse, doesn't it? :lol:

But anyway... I will look into this, and see if I can fix it. You say it only happens when the "Animations Frozen" option is checked in the Graphics Settings? So in other words, if that option is left unchecked, all is fine?

** EDIT **

Yep, I saw the "pink" units with Byzantine & Portugese Armsmen when I had the "Animations Frozen" option checked. Unchecking the options brought the units back to their full approperiately colored, animated glory. Unless you have a dated graphics card that struggles with Civ IV, this should be a non-issue for 90% of the gaming community. :)

Hi Grave, I have played all versions of HIM and never had any big problems, only minor. I'm playing now v 4.0 with large map and 15 civ and I'm now in industrial age and have problem with CTD almost every turn! I have played all other versions with huge maps and 20 civs with high graphic options and have CTD in modern age after many, many turns.Also time between CTD was few hours. I have XP SP3, Gforce 8800 512ram and 4gb memory ram. Do you have any solution what should I do? Thanx and Best Regards

Hi Grave, I have played all versions of HIM and never had any big problems, only minor. I'm playing now v 4.0 with large map and 15 civ and I'm now in industrial age and have problem with CTD almost every turn! I have played all other versions with huge maps and 20 civs with high graphic options and have CTD in modern age after many, many turns.Also time between CTD was few hours. I have XP SP3, Gforce 8800 512ram and 4gb memory ram. Do you have any solution what should I do? Thanx and Best Regards

Can you post a savegame right before the CTD?

ha-ha-ha :( My account's folder has latin name. But the full way (to "my games") always contains cyrillic letters in the russian version of Windows XP

That still may be a problem, however I'm not 100% certain. And you're not installing it into your "My Games" folder, are you? You're not supposed to. It should go into your main BtS "Mods" folder.

I have a problem with saves. I cannot load any of saves after few initial. Autosaves do not work (well at least last 5 from the last save made), and all manual saves after some number of turns. It is strange because game itself do not give me any problems. Any solutions? (Win 7 Pro 64)

That still may be a problem, however I'm not 100% certain. And you're not installing it into your "My Games" folder, are you? You're not supposed to. It should go into your main BtS "Mods" folder.

I not such stupid :lol: (make mods for s.t.a.l.k.e.r )
Spoiler :

I will try to install eng win xp and check this bug

Is the change to Holy Cities recent where you don't get the benefits unless that religion is your current religion? Had a couple of religions founded and holy cities with the requisite great prophet building, but didn't get any benefit? I noticed that different religions now provide different benefits (Jewish is espionage, Christian is gold, etc....not a fan of this change by the way) too.

I'm still on the older version until the bugs get worked out on your new one. So this must be an old change I just upgraded to

Is the change to Holy Cities recent where you don't get the benefits unless that religion is your current religion? Had a couple of religions founded and holy cities with the requisite great prophet building, but didn't get any benefit?

Ah, is that the way it works? Does this mean that holy cities are useless when you run the Pacificm civic (or for any other reason don't have a state religion)? This could explain my problem, as I wrote earlier in this thread:

Roland Ehnström said:
When I capture a holy city which has built its shrine, this shrine does not give the bonus it should (1 culture per city with this religion). And I cannot in any way re-build the shrine, so this holy city will be useless for the remainder of the game. If I capture a holy city which does not have a shrine, I can let a great prophet build the shrine and it will work as intended.

-------

I'm still on the older version until the bugs get worked out on your new one. So this must be an old change I just upgraded to

You should give v4 a try mate, I havn't found any bugs at all with it (after installing the General Motors quickfix).

Here is the save.

Gave it a shot... the error you got is basically saying the computer ran out of RAM! :eek: Same thing happened to me, too. You must of had a lot going on in that game. I didn't try lowering the graphics settings... although that shouldn't matter since most graphics cards (including mine) have a GPU that processes these things seperately.

I'll search the forums and see if there are any recommendations on what to do if you run out of RAM while playing late in the game...

Is the change to Holy Cities recent where you don't get the benefits unless that religion is your current religion? Had a couple of religions founded and holy cities with the requisite great prophet building, but didn't get any benefit? I noticed that different religions now provide different benefits (Jewish is espionage, Christian is gold, etc....not a fan of this change by the way) too.

Roland Ehnström;8783654 said:
Ah, is that the way it works? Does this mean that holy cities are useless when you run the Pacificm civic (or for any other reason don't have a state religion)? This could explain my problem, as I wrote earlier in this thread:

Pacificm has a State Religion. The only one that doesn't allow a State Religion is Free Religion. The rest (Organized Religion, Theocracy, Pacificm) allow them.

Here is how the vanilla religions look:
Code:
			<GlobalReligionCommerces>
				<iGlobalReligionCommerce>1</iGlobalReligionCommerce>
				<iGlobalReligionCommerce>0</iGlobalReligionCommerce>
			</GlobalReligionCommerces>
			<HolyCityCommerces>
				<iHolyCityCommerce>0</iHolyCityCommerce>
				<iHolyCityCommerce>4</iHolyCityCommerce>
			</HolyCityCommerces>
			<StateReligionCommerces>
				<iStateReligionCommerce>0</iStateReligionCommerce>
				<iStateReligionCommerce>1</iStateReligionCommerce>
			</StateReligionCommerces>

<GlobalReligionCommerce> Increases the gold, beakers, culture, and espionage per turn for the religion's shrine by this amount.
<iHolyCityCommerce> Increases the gold, beakers, and culture, and espionage per turn in the Holy City by this amount.
<iStateReligionCommerce> Increases the gold, beakers, and culture per turn in the religion's cities by this amount if the state religion is present in the city.

So in other words, in vanilla civ: all the religions give +1:gold: to the Holy Shrine (if built), each religion gives each Holy City a +4:culture: boost, and each city with the State :religion: present in it gets +1:culture:.

Here is Judaism for History in the Making:
Code:
			<GlobalReligionCommerces>
				<iGlobalReligionCommerce>1</iGlobalReligionCommerce>
			</GlobalReligionCommerces>
			<HolyCityCommerces>
				<iHolyCityCommerce>5</iHolyCityCommerce>
			</HolyCityCommerces>
			<StateReligionCommerces>
			</StateReligionCommerces>

Basically it's the same as vanilla, except I'm giving you +1 extra :culture: in your Holy City, and +1 :espionage: (in addition to +1 :culture:) if Judaism is your State Religion and it's present in your cities.

That's how it works.

A good source for how XML tags work: Civilization Modding Wiki

Was playing a game with Queen Dido (Carthage) in it, and realized I FORGOT TO UPDATE THE DAMNED CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml FILE!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Attached to this post is a fixed version of the CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml file. Simply unzip the file and place the contents into your HISTORY IN THE MAKING/Assets/XML/GameInfo directory. When asked to overwrite, select "yes".

If you don't install this fix, every time you encounter Dido, you will get something like AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_DIDO_1 instead of her actual quotes.

Sorry about that! :sad:

Attachments

• CIV4DiplomacyInfos.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,351
Regarding the religions above discussion. It looks like you only get the bonuses if you are following the religion you have the shrine for. If I am a Buddist and then discover Islam and build the Islam holy city shrine I don't get the benefit of it because I am a Buddist...correct?

Not the case in unmodded Civ4

Should also balance the value of +1 culture vs +1 wealth. I would much much prefer the +1 wealth. Even +2 culture isn't worth the same.

Yes, I meant Free Religion rather than Pacificm above, typo on my part.

Regardless of what the code sais, I have the same experience as Scoottr regarding holy cities and state religion, though I need to test more to make absolutely sure. And as previousely mentioned, I also find +1 :gold: a whole lot more powerful than +1 :culture: (though I guess this in part depends on what kind of strategy you are playing - but then again gold is by definition a much more versatile resource than culture).

Top Bottom