NotW XXXI: It's a Long Story (Game Thread)

j65 is dead. His vote probably won't count, whoever tallied that was wrong. CCRunner switched off sprig and onto me, effectively a two vote swing.

Also, it's likely some people have secret voting effects. Again, I point everyone to what happened when Bad Player was lynched.

unvote: veil - veil to Methos

13 gold but if you really want it Methos -not some other random person, you got it at 14.

edit: thanks for the tally, yes, looks like it, and that's way more comfortable than 8 vs. 7 with who knows what affecting vote strength somehow.

CCRunner forgot to add Earthling's vote for sprig, too, so it's 9 sprig - 6 Earthling.

I'M NOT AN ELF.

And choxorn and CCRunner think carefully if you want this blood on your hands. If you are not outright allies of Niklas, this is very bold of you, since you'll be the ones up for suspicion right next to Niklas if I die.

Especially CCRunner. Since he clearly was okay with sprig dying, in fact, he was accusing sprig before just because he could. Those who are accusing sprig only now to prevent a crazy cult-related lynch, I can understand. And yet now goes after me with seemingly no reason, to swing the vote at the last minute.
I am completely okay with sprig dying, hoping for it in fact. But, I think that you are a bigger threat to the undercouncil at this point because pretty much everybody here recognizes sprig as being against us. There's little he can do now-- you on the other hand can do a lot of damage. As for last minute, well I think it's fairly well known that I get online late, usually about this time.

Besides, this level of desperation in my experience has usually only been displayed by scum. I could be wrong of course, but something about the average length of your posts now, as compared to when you aren't in danger strikes me as extremely weird. Also, Niklas's points seem to indicate his (relative) innocence more than yours, especially the metagame ones. He claims his injury was healed in a way befitting a healer, not a mage and there's no real reason to doubt that. Besides, I think your point about losing your item before the game even starts is ******ed given that TFA said everybody starts with an item. Yes, you explained that; yes, I think it's BS. Your admitted claim of being on a faction of one similarly sounds strange when TFA said everybody had a faction.

So, reason enough for you?

14 Gold

These blatant falsehoods will be accounted for - you're suspect one for voting with Niklas from the start (knife and all) and this support.

My artifact - I lost it evening/night one transition. I theoretically could have prevented it I guess but I wasn't handing it over to someone randomly the first night, clearly I had no clue what would happen. If anyone wants to investigate me to see what items I have, they'll see I have none right now.

Niklas' "healing" is directly word against word and he's the liar. My PM said that I dispelled Niklas' amazing, superhuman endurance. And he was fully healed, and then his ally undertook this curse/ritual/whatever all over again.

And finally I am on a "faction." If I'm killed in the day/random killer you'll all see it's the faction I've claimed. In fact, there appear to be a dozen or so factions around, so not every faction can have 3 or 4. Are there several more Bannor fugitives, for instance? I wouldn't mind helping the Council collectively look for them. And now we don't get to see if Niklas is AV or another unrevealed cult, thanks to everyone in general tonight. I just don't know if others are on my faction but if you're my enemy - don't worry, I'm making contacts now :p

The Learned Councilor prepares for the time to come, but for now will be very grateful to reward and work with those who've been helpful tonight. And watches the gold on this auction disappear from the small circular pile where it was left...

15 gold

edit: when was the auction/gold deadline past? CCRunner was after my last bid by more than 5 minutes and now I think we're both over, but I'll be here to continue I guess

NotW XXXI: Day Four

Sprig, as the dawn approached, looked increasingly less stoic than he had the last few days. Shuffling his hands and staring silently at the floor, he listened with worry as the votes were cast. Across from him, his opponent Earthling argued against both sprig and Niklas, but ultimately, he knew that he was doomed. As the clock struck dawn, his chair disentegrated into acid and his form fell into the disastrous pool gathering below. His screams echoed through the hall and faded into whimpers not too long after. He would certainly die sometime during the night. It was a known fact that...

Spoiler :
Sprig, The Alchemist, was a Disgruntled Merchant Infiltrator

But even as the council watched in horror as sprig lay dying on the floor, executed in a most brutal of manners by the magic of the voting halls, there was a scream behind them. J-Man now stood with a vampire at his throat, struggling with all his might (to no avail) to remove the beast. Once again, before anyone could react, the beast had mauled the poor councilor beyond hope of recovery, and he lay dead. Unmasked, it was clear that...

Spoiler :
J-Man, the Svartalfar Diplomat, was a Svartalfar Assassin!

The Amulet was handed over to Earthling. The 39 Gold went to Renata, and the Dark Veil went to Methos. Earthling claimed the Pendant with 13 Gold.

Niklas, however, had received a gift of his own. In the middle of his final arguements, his partially healed scars burst open, and new ones formed where there was unmarred flesh. He collapsed in a bloody mess on the table, but was able to be coaxed into consciousness in a few minutes. He is still injured.

Spoiler :

AMULET
1 askthepizzaguy (askthepizzaguy)
1 Backwards Logic (Backwards Logic)
1 choxorn (choxorn)
2 Disquisition (Disquisition, Niklas)
5 Earthling (askthepizzaguy, civplayah, Diamondeye, Earthling, TheLastOne36)
1 Omega124 (Omega124)
1 Zack (Diamondeye)

GOLD
2 Diamondeye (choxorn, Diamondeye)
1 Earthling (Earthling)
3 Renata (Methos, Niklas, Renata)

VEIL
1 CCRunner (CCRunner)
1 Diamondeye (Diamondeye)
1 Disquisition (Disquisition)
2 Methos (Earthling, Methos)

It is now DAY FOUR

24 Hours Until Evening Phase!

OOC: Have all PMs been sent?

(No, they haven't, unless it's TFA's practice not to send PMs when someone is voted gold.)

All PMs should now be away. Due to an error on my behalf, I have edited the Day update, which should have included J-Man's death via vampire. I apologize for both my lateness and inaccuracy - not unlike Diamondeye, I too found myself quite under the influence last night! :)

Everything should be fine. If anyone would like an extra day to deal with this tardiness, you can PM me to request it. Otherwise, the day will end at the normal time.

NotW XXXI: Evening Five

The evening was the bloodiest yet. Before any of them had even reached the voting halls, it became public knowledge that during the day the crusading paladins had somehow caught and convicted choxorn. Using their terrible methods, they had forced him to confess his sins, in which he revealed that...
Spoiler :

Choxorn, the Ritual Murderer, was an Ashen Veil Cultist

He confessed to the terrible killings, and of his infiltration, but even their torture could not tear the location of the council to the paladins. Eventually, they burned him at the stake and tossed the body aside as a statement to the public. Thieves were able to recover 4 Gold and a Sacrificial Dagger

But it was not over. Coming into the halls revealed that one of them had not even been able to make it out the dawn before. Judging by the stench, it seemed that Niklas had succumbed to his wounds shortly after dawn. He lay dead in a pool of his own blood. Ransacking his quarters showed...
Spoiler :

Niklas, the Ashen Martyr, was an Ashen Veil Cultist!

He had possessed a Scimitar, some Bracers of Armor, and a Silver Knife, as well as 14 Gold.

Last, but not least, the mage Disquisition was found in the voting chambers - or at least, his head was. The decapitated visage of the poor councilor stared in agony at the living, locked forever in that horrid glare. Searching his quarters revealed that...

Spoiler :
Disquisition, the Entropy Mage, was a Neutral Amurite Observer

his body, which was later found, contained nothing of value save for a Tear of Meditation. Oh, and 21 and a half Gold

This was certain to be an interesting day. Combining the gold with Sprig's (28) and J-Man's(36) resulted in an astonishing total of 103.5 Gold, although the alchemist had carried no items. J-Man was found with some Boots of Retreat

It is now EVENING FIVE
INCOME has been GENERATED!
Accusations are in BLACK
Support votes are in GREEN
Votes for the Sacrificial Dagger are in RED
Votes for the Scimitar are in ORANGE
Votes for the Braces of Armor are in BROWN
Votes for the Silver Knife are in DIM GRAY
Votes for the Tear of Meditation are in OLIVE
Votes for the Boots of Retreat are in INDIGO
Votes for the gold of Sprig, Choxorn, Niklas, J-Man and Disquisition are in BLUE

24 Hours Until Night Phase!

What about J-man? Did the dead elf have any items?

Also:

:aargh::confused::cry::aargh:

And what was Disquisition doing this whole time...I wish I had known!?

Anyone remaining who is NOT a cultist, vampire, Crusader for Good, etc... and knows they woud likely share mutual goals with mine, please contact me asap!

Oh, and CCRunner is my guess as to the last Ashen Veil cultist. There's no doubt at all what that trifecta of he, Niklas, and choxorn were up to last night. Also, for everyone's information, I'm the cause of Niklas' death because I dispelled his magic strength/endurance again, so that stupid ritual thing he was doing killed him this time. Though I assume everybody else is going to show up with many different priorities, I'm kinda left hanging out here anyway...this is insane!

In my opinion the gold is too much for any one person to have, so I suggest instead we vote it to one person and then that person shares it equally with everyone who helped vote it to them. Since Earthling appears to have been correct about Niklas, I'm thinking that he should be the one that holds the gold and splits it. So for now, I'll vote the gold to Earthling.

Yes, earthling may have the gold. If he's not so greedy he won't split it...

If none else is interested, I would like to have that tear of meditation.

Wow... Looks like Niklas and his team just got sliced and diced. Especially if you're right about CCRunner, Earthling, and I'm willing to try that out.

I support the idea of Earthling distributing the gold.

I'm ready to vote other items to people, but I'd like the silver knife myself. If nobody else wants them, I can take the bracers as well.

I think we should destroy the sacrificial dagger and the Tears of Meditation, if at all possible.

I agree that the sacrificial dagger should be destroyed. But remember that the tears of meditation belonged to a neutral character, thus probably not a cult item, so I don't see why it's dangerous.

Also CCRunner will probably have to die, to get rid of those stupid demon savants.

In my opinion the gold is too much for any one person to have, so I suggest instead we vote it to one person and then that person shares it equally with everyone who helped vote it to them. Since Earthling appears to have been correct about Niklas, I'm thinking that he should be the one that holds the gold and splits it. So for now, I'll vote the gold to Earthling.

Now this I agree with. I'll vote the gold to Earthling provided he shares.

I have earned a few coins recently, but honestly I can count them on one hand. I'm woefully behind you folks who have dozens of gold.

Top Bottom