The Six-Months War; Take Two

Belgium, while nomming on waffles and looking over the hill for dirty Germans, laughs at this turn of events. :D

To: Portugal

While we believe this is a good idea we are not going to join as the world is in a middle of a Great War and a National Congress won't exactly help the situation. So for the time being we are not joining, perhaps in the future we will.

You go right on making yourself feel all important Portugal. If it soothes your massive ego. Chile has better things to do like improve Chile and Peru.

To: Chile

Portugal seriously doubts Chile's actions as an improvement.

While we believe this is a good idea we are not going to join as the world is in a middle of a Great War and a National Congress won't exactly help the situation. So for the time being we are not joining, perhaps in the future we will.

PCCN
Warring states are forbidden from entering the Congress, but after the war, we would be more than happy to discuss the matter further.

From Chile
To Portugal

The average Peruvian would disagree with you on that score.

*Chile's ambassador packs up the embassy and leaves.*

PCCN
Warring states are forbidden from entering the Congress, but after the war, we would be more than happy to discuss the matter further.

Then all major nations may not join and a World Wide Congress won't work with out major nations to govern it im afraid.

*hands Portugal and Chile some waffles* play nicely. :p

Then all major nations may not join and a World Wide Congress won't work with out major nations to govern it im afraid.

PCCN
We don't seek to inferere with warfare, we seek to work for the mutual benefits of nations. We thank you very much for the advice anyway.

From Chile
To Portugal

The average Peruvian would disagree with you on that score.

*Chile's ambassador packs up the embassy and leaves.*

President Manuel de Arriaga, looking out the window,

"What do you know? I didn't even know they have an embassy here, well I guess 'had' an embassy. Live and learn I guess."

OOC: Now kids, play nice. Please try to stay IC, at least for a bit.

Such altruism doesn't even exist today. As far as I understand it, Portugal's organization is not a United Nations-type body, but a mutual-protection/trade pact of sorts dedicated to the protection of nations neutral in the Great War, and the maintaining of their neutrality. I like the idea, if I am understanding it correctly. Unfortunately, Portugal being so close to Spain which apparently just threatened to fire on Entente ships that interfered with their trade might make this difficult. Like I said, I think the idea is an interesting one and has potential.

Isn't that what he said, though? I didn't see any sort of statement regarding peace talks. Seems like people are getting a little tense.

Belgium demands the right for its ambassadors to pick up large buildings :p

Such altruism doesn't even exist today. As far as I understand it, Portugal's organization is not a United Nations-type body, but a mutual-protection/trade pact of sorts dedicated to the protection of nations neutral in the Great War, and the maintaining of their neutrality. I like the idea, if I am understanding it correctly. Unfortunately, Portugal being so close to Spain which apparently just threatened to fire on Entente ships that interfered with their trade might make this difficult. Like I said, I think the idea is an interesting one and has potential.

Correct, it is a body for smaller nations (but if larger peaceful nations are interested they may be welcome). I have a complete Charter that I will post soon, but if you want to see a copy now just ask.

Once the war is over, assuming Belgium comes out of it mostly intact, I might be interested in seeing how your organization turns out. :)

Switzerland would like to thank Portugal for its fiscal contributions to the Highway project and would also like to say that it is one of the three members that helped design the charter the third helping party being Sweden

The Charter of the Congress of Nations​

The Peaceful Nations of this Earth,
Recognizing the devastation caused by warfare,
Realizing that conflict may on occasion be unavoidable,
Affirming that nations may have stronger relations than that of the sword,

Hereby lay the foundation for a union based on peace, prosperity and fraternity.
I) The peaceful nations of this world establish a Congress in which agreements of trade and mutual defense may be formed and where hostilities of other nations may be resolved.
II) This Congress shall be composed of one delegate from the founding nations and new nations may be admitted if they are at peace and not involved in controversy. New members must be accepted by a majority of the Congress to gain a seat and may be removed by an absolute majority of the nations.
III) All members are called to assist one another in times of distress and to honor the agreements of the Congress, nations that do not honor these agreements shall have their respective contracts reviewed, and may see the termination of the deal or other penalizing action. Members are hereby free to act however they wish within the terms of this charter and any agreements made by the delegates. Nations may leave the Congress at anytime, but all agreements with that nation are to be consider void.
IV) Congress is to be chaired by a Speaker, elected annually and is to be represented in world affairs by a Secretariat. The Secretariat is to be elected bi-annually and may be removed by a two thirds vote.
V) Amendments to this Charter may be made at anytime by a positive vote by three in four of all delegates.​

Co-authored by
Portugal (1stcitizen)
Switzerland
Sweden

Signatories
Manuel de Arriaga of Portugal
Arthur Hoffmann of Switzerland
Gustaf V of Sweden

Top Bottom