Tom's Unit Factory

I don't know how at this point to add special effects in 3ds Max. It would probably be possible to do something like that as a M Unit.

The easiest thing to do would be to add a 'beam' of some sort coming out of the staff. I could do that myself... since I learned how to gradually change opacity of an object over a certain set of frames in Max.

I have the Max file which is setup and ready to go for render. If someone wish to attempt it, I can send it to them.

Some of the multi direction spells I have are the ice bolt and magic arrow, and they are quite large, so they would have to be sized down, and then made into a new FLC so they are actually moving from the center outward, and made to be the same frame count as the unit. Then I think it would work for Multi Unit. But I don't know for sure.

A non-directional spell may be easier to use.

Perhaps Wotan49, the Multi-Unit Expert, knows the best way.

LOVE the cape. While I might not have a use for this (although I might), I know other mods in development like CCM could :)

Here is a Black Version of the Androctonus that was requested by Deuskane.
Will not show well on Dark Maps but on normal or light maps the unit should look good.
same animations and sounds were used.

The Screen Shot is as it appears on some lighter terrain of a very Dark Map so you can get the idea :)

Attachments

• BlackAndroctonus.png
    BlackAndroctonus.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Black Androctonus.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
FINALLY! I have finally, for the game Atlantica Online, been able to figure out what the prob was... There was a little tiny unknown Python script made some time ago to convert the .dds files to regular .dds files by de-obfuscating the header; which made them initially unreadable.

Now that this issue has been resolved, I can convert all units from that game... AND THERE ARE SOME GREAT UNITS! And hordes of them (animals, fantasy, human units, etc...)

Here is a list of the units:

http://atlantica.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_monsters

Not all units can be seen from the list, but I have not found a better list of units yet.

Tom2050... Thanks for posting the Civilopedia Image for the Black Scorpion and adding it to the Database and Scorpion List.
I was in a hurry and only posted the small in game Screen Shot.

Glad you have .dds files straightened out. That will no doubt help greatly.

Elf Fairy (unit conversion)

No Civ Colors.

Speed plays faster in game. Has 10 flc's.

Download here... ELFFAIRYB1.rar

Unit32, 6 Large/Small pcx's, and Sound Files included. Is an Atlantica Online unit.

---------------------------------------------------------

Elf Fairy (Sprite) (unit conversion)

No Civ Colors.

Note: The Magenta GIF does not give the unit justice. It looks very cool in game.

Download here... ELFFAIRYR1.rar

Unit32, 6 Large/Small pcx's, and Sound Files included. Is an Atlantica Online unit.

Yea! The Atlantica Online units are uber high quality.. each model even up close looks amazing, they even have 4 fingers and a thumb, which are all detailed and have a skeleton for each joint!

I didn't do that first one (Fairy) completely correct either... the unit had 'glows' (glowing wings, magical helix, etc) in 3ds Max, but I just realized how to render and get those into the final FLC.

This also somewhat brought to life how to actually do special effects, since I can see an example in 3ds Max. Perhaps it may not be as difficult as I thought to add some things to units, such as fire, smoke, etc... and would let me be able to do some modern infantry, tanks, etc.. sometime in the near future.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Everything is awesome!!!:woohoo:

Top Bottom