Mafia Game: Those Darn States (Game Thread)

Well, with what Takhisis said I should clarify - I PM'd him before the game to keep the spam down, "spam" has nothing to do with the game or any character's role, and I discourage him and all players from too much general spamming of the thread.

All players should also keep in mind that as first day lynch provision, as mentioned, anyone not showed up voting will go into the abstain (= no lynch) pile; you can also vote so voluntarily of course.

Is an abstain the same as a No Lynch vote?

Usually abstains count as no vote, while No Lynch is a vote for not lynching anyone.

Let's not punish those who've spoken up too much. Better we have too many words flitting through the air then silent, sullen silhouettes.

Which is why I, regretfully, must vote for Arakhor. You've said nary a word this entire time. Speak up, and I shall bear my eye towards another.

Oh, and I wouldn't be too eager in getting the shield. Were it so useful, then Captain America surely would still be with us.

Usually abstains count as no vote, while No Lynch is a vote for not lynching anyone.

For the first Day, yes. I can see why there may be confusion in the future; I should clarify/update I guess.

I didn't make voting mandatory before - as in voting is currently still not mandatory though encouraged, however, perhaps I should make it mandatory, and then "Abstain" = No Vote. If players feel this is less confusing, I will change it to that.

Voting for "No lynch" will be an active choice in the future- never a default after Day One, and it works as you would guess - this option getting enough votes might prevent a lynch from occuring altogether.

I guess DrumStudent can have that starry shield. Ooo, who to lynch?
No one for now. Abstain

And Earthling, who would have been the Italian and Russian guys?
And for those of you who don't know, Charlie is a character from LOST.

kill fire's not here yet, where is he?

I don't know who should get the shield, so I'll askthepizzaguy.

ATPG may have the shield

I don't know who to lynch......Abstain

Civplayah is always mafia :p Shield to Winston

MIDDAY ONE

The day slogged on and already many people were bickering with each other, and there was much confusion. The public had decided that one of their own number would be lynched each day, set upon by the rest of the mob. The votes tallied up so far pointed to no real consensus:

askthepizzaguy 1: Renata
Double A 1: askthepizzaguy
Takhisis 3: Perfection, Diamondeye, Autolycus
CCRuner 1: Takhisis
Arakhor 1: LightFang
Owen Glyndwr 1: landlubber
civplayah 1:RRRaskolnikov
kill fire 1: choxorn
Nictel 1: pevergreen
pevergreen 1: Nictel
TheForestAuro 2: TheForestAuro, CCRunner
Abstain 10: Camikaze, CivGeneral, DrumStudent, SpockFederation, SuperSonic, TheLastOne36, SS-18 ICBM, Virote Considon, Winston Hughes, Zack
Others have not voted yet, also count for no lynch

But that wasn’t all. All of a sudden, there was another disorienting shockwave that jarred everyone’s senses. They rushed back to the heart of the abandoned town to see what was going on. A teenaged girl stood before them, looking vaguely familiar to some.

“Well, what have we here? I shouldn’t be bothering to waste my time, except,”

“Wait just a minute here” someone interjected, “who are you and what do you know about what’s going on?”

“I? I am in control, and will suffer no disobedience. Lessons will be learned the hard way if necessary.” As the crowd realized she had darted over to where the SHIELD of Captain America rested, she hefted it up.

With impossible strength, she hurled the shield out into the distant cornfields.

“Now then…” but a hint of surprise was seen on her face as yet another portal seemed to materialize in thin air.

“Aah! I have to go, deal with you all later –“ she yelled before being sucked into the portal, and disappearing.

Special Update: The Town may choose to attempt an Action other than lynching a character during the DAY. Likewise, at night there may be unique opportunities for players to attempt to do something other than a listed ability etc... I am technically placing no limit on what may be attempted, however players should likely consider obvious reasons and circumstances that occur in game, and for the Town to take an action requires plurality vote similar to a Lynch. In other words – nothing is stopping you from voting to “Let’s bake cookies today” but obviously such nonsensical actions are discouraged.

NIGHT is in 24 hours.

DAY orders may still be sent!
 

Actually, I've decided I'd rather make this more clear, I think it may be very confusing from the player's point of view right now, and it is the first Day. So, first, a question I should answer:

And Earthling, who would have been the Italian and Russian guys?
This information is not going to be made available, you could all guess/speculate as time goes on if you want.

Now, as far as a "Town Course of Action" goes, I will provide examples of what you may do today - again you could collectively do something else, you may do so any day in fact, if you think an opportunity exists, but just examples:

-You could vote to search for the Shield, and give it to someone.
-You could vote to search the physical Town you're in.
-You could have a regular lynch, voting for someone to be lynched.
-Etc...

Someone, obviously NOT pro-innocent, decided to put the shield out of reach.

I feel it is quite silly not to find it. If this turns into a wild goose chase, I'll offer you my head as penance.

Get me that shield. I want to know what it is.

Vote: Search for the shield

Top Bottom