"For Completeness Sake": Win a Copy of 'CivIV: Complete' Signed by Sid Meier!

Do you know when you expect to shows the winner´s list ? :confused:
I´m very anxious to discovery it !! :crazyeye:
Two more winning entries need to be confirmed by their posters providing their name, postal address and phone number to me within a set time period. As I want to announce the complete winners list from the outset, it could be a bit yet.

That said, those who confirmed said data with me in the first round -- that is, those not affected by the technical difficulties I alluded to a couple of weeks ago -- had their prizes mailed last week by Firaxis.

Two more winning entries need to be confirmed by their posters providing their name, postal address and phone number to me within a set time period. As I want to announce the complete winners list from the outset, it could be a bit yet.

That said, those who confirmed said data with me in the first round -- that is, those not affected by the technical difficulties I alluded to a couple of weeks ago -- had their prizes mailed last week by Firaxis.

Many tks for the reply DanQ !
Will be nice, if you can do that, to publish the list of the winners with the respectives phrases !! :D

Last week, Firaxis was waiting for a resupply of Civilization IV: Complete copies in order to finish sending out the unsigned copies to the confirmed winners in this contest. They anticipated that they would receive them if not by now, then by the end of this week.

Part of the most recent delay in the release of the winners list has been the result of a particularly busy time for me personally (see this post for related details). For this very reason I had hoped before that came about that the winners list would have been finalized. I appreciate everyone's continued patience.

I am pleased to report that I have contacted the next two potential winners in this contest, in the hopes that by the end of this coming weekend the list will be finalized and released publicly.

I am grateful to all who have been following this thread and for your understanding as to the factors for the considerable delay (to summarize, primarily lack of timely confirmation from some previous potential winners and secondarily demands in my personal life).

Any news? Could you at least confirm that games were or were not already sent to winners, please? ;) I understand that even for goods from amazon.com it can take about a month to arrive at my province of the world, but it's entirely another feeling if I know that it's already sent and on it's way :)

Woops too late. Cool contest tho :)
Thanks. :)

Any news? Could you at least confirm that games were or were not already sent to winners, please? ;) I understand that even for goods from amazon.com it can take about a month to arrive at my province of the world, but it's entirely another feeling if I know that it's already sent and on it's way :)
For the winners, some have received their prizes and others not still unfortunately. Firaxis is still waiting for another shipment of C4C copies in order to complete sending them out.

On a related front, I'm having to choose the last two final winners again as no confirmation was received from the next pair... (*Sigh*)

Its irrating we've all had to wait so long, but I appriciate your trying to help DanQ so thanks for that : ) Firaxis are ussually good with their community, must being getting off their arses for Civ V lol.

Its irrating we've all had to wait so long, but I appriciate your trying to help DanQ so thanks for that : )
Welcome. :)

The next two potential winners have been chosen and contacted; they have until next Wednesday in order to confirm their placing.

Welcome. :)

The next two potential winners have been chosen and contacted; they have until next Wednesday in order to confirm their placing.

Hw do you contact them? By mailing them here at CVC or by mailing the address they have supplied? They may have changed the latter.

Öjevind Lång;9013221 said:
Hw do you contact them? By mailing them here at CVC or by mailing the address they have supplied? They may have changed the latter.
I contact via private message here at CFC, or through email using the CFC email feature.

Only one of them has done so; as such, there is still one placement to confirm. On a related front, Firaxis is still waiting for further arrivals of Civilization IV: Complete copies in order for all confirmed winners of non-signed copies to receive this prize. All winners who have garnered signed copy prizes should have received them by now.

That all said, given how much time has past I am going to disclose the winners of the signed copies given that they are all confirmed. They have been for some time as noted before, and I wish I had thought of disclosing that portion of the winners list before now. In any event, I will note them in a separate post momentarily.

Sorted alphabetically by username:

Civilization IV makes my life complete,
By allowing one such as i to accomplish mighty feats.
A simple man who seeks to find,
a way to leave normality behind.
If only for a moments breath,
the heat of battle and science of death.
The road to greatness laid out in steps,
Sid Meiers creation, i probe its depths.
From the moment i wake i hear its call,
Judgement and prudence stops the fool.
For should this simple man abate,
What an emperor he would make.
But bills unpaid and money constricted,
would soon see this simple man evicted.
Thus it is that upon my rest,
is when i march and present my crest. -- hardwood dreams [post]

Civilization IV makes my life complete
By whisking me away from my keyboard and my seat,
To an undiscovered globe for me to explore
To chart the mountains, rivers, plains, the oceans and the shore.

My hardy folk they settle, a mighty city found,
Workers irrigate and mine the land that doeth surround
This home of learning where my great philosophers decree
New concepts of science, building, faith, and literacy.

The Wonders of the World are built to show my peoples glory,
New cities founded, culture spread, my nation’s glorious story.
The resources and power of the land are brought to me,
Copper, Iron, Marble, Gems, Gold and Ivory

The rulers of other lands with jealous eyes spy,
The bounties of my nation and so each of them try
To share its wealth by means of trade and slick diplomacy,
Or seize my lands by force of arms and foulest treachery.

But through this constant struggle 'tis my nations star shall rise,
In this contest of peoples it is mine shall take the prize.
Mine shall be the legacy that stands the test of time,
And what is more, I'll do this in the medium of rhyme.

Civilization IV makes my life complete
By whisking me away from my keyboard and my seat.
And whenever my time in this paradise draws nigh
"Just one more turn!" rings out as my eternal cry. -- iamakka [post]

"Civilization IV makes my life complete by..."

giving me too much on my hands right now. -- kossin [post]

Civilization made my life complete by getting me curious about ancient Mesopotamia, which in turn got me interested in law, which in turn made me get an education, which in turn got me a job, which in turn got me an apartment and a computer on which to play more Civilization.

It's the realization of the Civilizatican dream :lol: -- Lars_Domus [post]

Civilization IV makes my life complete by granting me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and Sid's advice about the difference. -- yin26 [post]

Still nothing :(
:(

I followed up with Firaxis almost a couple of weeks ago with a status update, but have not heard back -- I will check-in this week. I expect that they are still waiting to receive additional copies themselves to in turn send out, meaning no update to give.

Top Bottom