Bug Report Thread: Constant Crashing

Afforess

The White Wizard
Everyone who is having constant crashes with A New Dawn v1.72A, please follow these steps and report whether it fixed your problems.

1. Delete your Rise of Mankind folder

2. Download Rise of Mankind 2.9, extract it and place it in your Mods folder

3. Download the Rise of Mankind 2.91 patch, and install it in your Mods folder

4. Download A New Dawn 1.72, and install it

5. Download A New Dawn 1.72 Patch A and Install it

6. Start a NEW GAME and play. Are you still experiencing the crashes?

After you have done that, report back on the crashing issues.

Rise of Mankind 2.91 is now available as a full download.

Yesterday I read about Cultural Citystyles thread that there might be some CTD problems (found from v0.8 but probably not fixed in v0.95 which is included in RoM 2.9) in PlotLSystem. I'm going to look through it soon.

Well, until you've tried it, you won't know, will you?

I'm having this problem too now. It seems random, it has CTD on me on passing a turn, but it has also CTD on me immediately after a battle, and I can't go 10 turns in a row without a CTD. I thought it might be hardware related, but it doesn't seem to be the case since as I have stated before the rev 96 compile I had worked rock-solid - Ancient to Transhuman without issues save for the fog of war. The crashes don't start a good while after I started a new game (around 2000 BC from 6000BC), resume on load/save but the AI autoplay played 100 turns without crashing. Followed the instructions except in step 5 I applied the patch B instead of A.

Spoiler :
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Deep-Red Interface} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} {Battlefield Promotions} {Better Air Interception} Research Wilderness {Trading Posts} {Spy Satellites} Tactics

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Win2003

Time for me to download rev 96 and do a diff to see what I've changed... A lot I suspect.

I reinstalled everything, followed all of the steps and I started getting constant crashing again around 700 BC.

I think the crashes are from a bad merge with the latest Better AI mod, or that there are bugs in the latest version of Better AI. (It is a Beta build.) That will teach me to merge beta builds into my source code...

Anyway, I'm reverting all the code back to rev 97, and remerging a few changes I made, then going to release a beta and see if the crashes are gone. Looks like 1.73 will be much sooner than expected....

I think the crashes are from a bad merge with the latest Better AI mod, or that there are bugs in the latest version of Better AI. (It is a Beta build.) That will teach me to merge beta builds into my source code...

Anyway, I'm reverting all the code back to rev 97, and remerging a few changes I made, then going to release a beta and see if the crashes are gone. Looks like 1.73 will be much sooner than expected....
Reverting to the previous version until you are able to put your finger on what changes have caused these issues sounds like a plan to me. I have played 4 different games with 1.72 and its impossible for me to get past the classical age without eventually encountering permanent CTD's that effectively end my games.

Reverting to the previous version until you are able to put your finger on what changes have caused these issues sounds like a plan to me. I have played 4 different games with 1.72 and its impossible for me to get past the classical age without eventually encountering permanent CTD's that effectively end my games.

Yeah same here

@Afforess
Thank you for trying to eliminate these crashes. In the first place I began questioning my hardware, but then again the last versions ROM/AND had none of these issues left, whatsoever, so reading it is being worked on makes me happy again...^^

Yeah same here

@Afforess
Thank you for trying to eliminate these crashes. In the first place I began questioning my hardware, but then again the last versions ROM/AND had none of these issues left, whatsoever, so reading it is being worked on makes me happy again...^^
Werid thing is I have yet to have a crash 600 turns in.:king:

@Afforess

Would I ever let you guys down? ;)

Play an older version then? Afforess isn't getting paid for this, you know.

Play an older version then? Afforess isn't getting paid for this, you know.
How about playing the newest beta? I've reverted the changes that I think cause the CTD's, so it should be stable.

no new ctds here :thumbup:

Top Bottom