The Six-Months War; Take Two

OOC: Although I don't like to complain I must point out my dislike of several countries manpower stats. Australia only had a population of 6 million for WW2 yet can currently call upon 5 million(500 Divisions) men when unmobilized at this current point of time. Alaska can also call upon over 100 divisions when unmobilized even though it lost most of its population centres and could barely be used for 2 divisions when it was Russian. There are many other countries with similar problems like this as well and this isn't including that when mobilized manpower quadruples allowing Australia to call upon 20 million men which is similar to its current OTL population.

To: Ottoman Empire

We are completely withdrawing from Albania this year(update). and giving the people freedom to vote for their leaders and etc.. etc..

OOC: I guess Amon knows nothing, huh? Woulda saved yourself a lot of trouble, if you woulda listened to me in the first place regarding this issue.

To: Canada, USA

We will agree to such a plebiscite. We would request that the United States of America be the neutral party, however.

To Germany
From Spain

While we have no doubt that German generals are excellently trained, and we would be honored to fight alongside your forces, Spanish national pride dictates that Spanish forces are commanded and obey the orders of only Spanish generals. Therefore we must respectfully decline the offer of joining the Condor Legion. The Spanish Foreign Legion is willing to act in cooperation with the Condor Legion however.

To: Canada and Quebec

It would be an honor to oversee negotiations. May we make a suggestion first? A ceasefire lasting the rest of the season? Let us make sure the bloodshed ends while the peace is being made.

In an attempt to solve the Arabian question diplomatically...

THE MEDINA PACT

1) Saudi Arabia will respect the sovereignty of Ottoman control over Arabian territories already controlled, and renounce any claims on the said territory.
2) Saudi Arabia will not, under any circumstances, provide any aide, whether it be material or physiological, to disgruntled Arabians in Ottoman territory.
3) The Ottoman Empire will acknowledge Saudi Arabian territory and legitimacy of government.
4) The Ottoman Empire will not mistreat the Arabian subjects in Arabian territory.

To Arabia
From His Highness, Mehmed V, Sultan of Rome

Do you accept?

orders sent. received?

To: The Ottoman Empire

We sign.

OOC:

Orders were due today. Thus far, I have orders from Chile(revised), Portugal(revised), Ireland, Quebec(revised), Brazil, The United States, Spain, Italy, The Bolsheviks, Persia and Belgium.

Meaning, I am missing orders from- the Netherlands, The United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Cuba, Canada, China, Japan, Switzerland and the Ottoman Empire.

Correct me if this is wrong. I will accept late orders- but get them in. If you can't, for some reason let me know. I plan on starting the update very soon.

As for the population thing- trust me, I agree. Some of the populations are way out of control. I honestly don't understand the mechanic myself. This is what I can do- post update, I can add industry into effect. Industry would more or less be population. Nations such as America or Germany would have higher industry then nations like Colombia and Crimea.

Industry will limit nations to be able to recruit certain numbers of men/units per year, as compared to being able to recruit 20+ divisions a turn for some nations. You could then expand your industry.

I can also had another economic stat, that being upkeep. While, initially your nation will be able to field a military without any major upkeep being noticeable, those nations on peace footing with unnecessarily large armies being forced to pay for their militarism. I could have mobilization also cut these costs down too..

But, if everyone is opposed to this, I'd like to hear some suggestions, perhaps?

EDIT: Upon looking further, I can make manpower very similar to what it was in ABW3?

Naw I feel you should just adjust manpower stats, easier.

I'd have to do some research into ABNW3, but I'm opposed to upkeep right now.

Size: (9) Large

A combination of number and verbal description that denotes a combination of population/land area and affects the number of troops you can raise, economy, and infrastructure level.

Orders sent

and I'm opposed to upkeep it would change the game a little too much right now but adjusting changing manpower stat or changing the stat to industry is fine by me

Top Bottom