Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Is your game patched to the latest version? Download the 3.19 patch from the download database here, and run it.

Downloaded RoM 2.9, unzipped to bts mods folder. Opened bts, loaded RoM...
Bts restarts to load the mod... then nothing. It just doesn't start. I was looking for a setup or install for
RoM 2.9 but found nothing... can anyone help?
Oh... on windows 7 bts expansion pack...

Changed CvAltRoot to correct root path (several times).
It acts like it's about to load.. flickers, then back to desktop.
Quite frustrating.
anyone have any suggestions?

Hello all

After reading about the mod and what it adds/fixes/changes in the game it sounds awesome but its unplayable , or at least for me. I keep getting CTDs or Memory allocation failure errors over and over making it impossible to play.

The CTD happens usually after i end a turn, i press enter or the red button to end the turn and right before the new turn begins it CTDs without error or any sign for that mather and it happens at random times, sometimes at the game start when i end my first turn, other times later in game and so on and i wasnt doing anything special when it happens, simply ending turn, i dont remember if a research project or a unit/building was going to be completed the next turn ...

The memory allocation failure error happens randomly when i try to generate maps in custom game or sometimes when i load a game

I have the last game patch and im using version 2.91 of the mod. Runing on a desktop computer with win xp pro service pack 3 installed ... idk what else should i post here so please advise, i would really like to play this mod as it sounds great :)

thanks

Sounds like a RAM problem. How much do you have? and did you activate the 3GB XP RAM switch?
Maybe try with standard size maps and see if it works better.

I have 4 GB RAM DDR2 and i first tried gigantic maps (i love big maps) but saw it caused lots of problem so i went on huge maps , most of the times it loads well but i still get lots of CTDs

But i havent activated the 3gb ram switch , ill do it now and see how it works

EDIT: noticed few spelling mistakes

But i havent activated teh 3gb ram switch , ill do it right now and see how it works

If the RAM switch effectively contributes to a decrease of MAFs, wouldn't be nice if we open a thread to explain how to do it? Or include it in the installation instructions? Certainly the "bug reports" would decrease too.

Oh thank God thank you thats all I needed to do was get the patch and no it works.

Oh thank God it works all I needed to do was install the patch. Thanks Afforess. Crap didn't mean to have two messages I thought the other on was gone.

If the RAM switch effectively contributes to a decrease of MAFs, wouldn't be nice if we open a thread to explain how to do it? Or include it in the installation instructions? Certainly the "bug reports" would decrease too.

Just make sure it is clarified that it is only necessary in Winodws 32-bit versions. 64-bit versions already did the similar function through their sheer usage of 4 or more RAM :D.

thanks vicentz, the 3GB switcher did the trick, now i can finally play without problems, been playing for about 1-1.30 hours and no crash :)

Awesome mod :)

Don't install the game to Program Files :) Windows hates you doing that, yet does it by default :p

I started playing this mod about a month ago and really love it; however there are three bugs which get me down:

1) Sailing the ocean blue with... galleys???:eek: apparently it is possible to sail across oceans with galleys, triremes, war galleys and siege quinquiremes... I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but it just doesn't seem right.

2) Arcologies can be VERY big; sometimes I've had an arcology cover half a continent (sorry, no pics)

3) wierd graphics bugs. Every once in a while the screen will go black, and then re-appear with a message "Nvidia graphics driver has crashed and re-booted" or something like that. I'm running Win7 64-bit on an AMD phenom II with 4Gb DDR3 Ram and a Nvidia 240GT graphics card... anyone else get this? (And yes I'm running the game as an administrator with compatability for XP SP3)

1) Sailing the ocean blue with... galleys???:eek: apparently it is possible to sail across oceans with galleys, triremes, war galleys and siege quinquiremes... I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but it just doesn't seem right.
That's a feature of RoM and intentional.

2) Arcologies can be VERY big; sometimes I've had an arcology cover half a continent (sorry, no pics)
IIRC, someone reported that bug a while ago and it got fixed. I can be wrong though. What version are you using?

3) wierd graphics bugs. Every once in a while the screen will go black, and then re-appear with a message "Nvidia graphics driver has crashed and re-booted" or something like that. I'm running Win7 64-bit on an AMD phenom II with 4Gb DDR3 Ram and a Nvidia 240GT graphics card... anyone else get this? (And yes I'm running the game as an administrator with compatability for XP SP3)
Could be a problem with your graphic card, but I don't know much about them so mayby someone has better answer...

What causes this?

You need a proper schema file to go with the unitinfos.xml you have. I'm guessing here that you just need to copy and paste unitschema.xml from RoM/XML/Units folder. NOTICE: I may be wrong so don't panic if it doesn't help :).

You need a proper schema file to go with the unitinfos.xml you have. I'm guessing here that you just need to copy and paste unitschema.xml from RoM/XML/Units folder. NOTICE: I may be wrong so don't panic if it doesn't help :).

Yeppers that was correct, i forgot i put ROME in the modules area, and he has the old schema's there, thx again.:goodjob:

btw, i never get mad at good constructive help or criticism.:p

Top Bottom