Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

1: Build up a bit
2: Bribe Hatty into Stalin
3: Backstab Hatty
4: ????
5: Profit!

EDIT:
Alternate plan is building up the economy and slog your way through mao first.

This whole name citites after posters will get very confusing after a bit.

Mad,

One of those destroyed ice cities would have been perfect to be named Troy-the-Face.

It's not too late to make it ;). Then again, it would **** up your economy more than it needs to be. Four Egyptian cities will already put some strain, you dont want one more crappy one do you?

Although not as bad as fighting 18 Montys I suspect. Keep up the good work, I'd give advice but you're playing at a level way above mine.

I'm giving a little advise, and he is playing at a level way above mine :p.

Well the fact that I'm in two SGs at the moment and don't want to confuse anyone (least of all myself) also contributes.

quick question:
Why the Nikola Tesla pic, Mad?

Given the continents nature, I might be tempted to go after Optics somewhat early to meet the neighbours.

Or, wipe out your entire continent, and then worry about the rest, since you'll presumably have more land than anyone else at that point.

quick question:
Why the Nikola Tesla pic, Mad?

Nikola Tesla, The original Mad Scientist. Romor has it I actually resemble him in Real Life, but that's only a rumor.

Nikola Tesla, The original Mad Scientist. Romor has it I actually resemble him in Real Life, but that's only a rumor.

So you're a handsome, debonair, internationalist genius then:goodjob:

Sweet, currency and almost code of laws, along with cata and ele's.
Get a super medic and scout things out while you whip workers and infrastructure, then get ready to kill again :D

Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant: War and the Economy

Foolish they named him. A Madman they jeered while laughing. Egotistical overexpansion they called his plan. Planning the next war immediately before establishing a proper economy is what has lead to destruction of Mighty Empires, for we all know GOLD is what drives your average brutal and overpowering empire.

But this is not just any leader. This is SID MEIER we are talking about, and multi-tasking is his specialty.

The Civfanatic Community was plenty busy building infrastructure and Military, while the bulk of the Veteran's relaxed and healed in the City of Paradign Shifter.

Sid's Superior diplomatic skills showed themselves with this deal

Whatever useful military Hatty had was sent off to the Russian front.

Meanwhile Sid adjusted civics

The Great General was attached to a Numidiean

For a Medic III unit, Flanking II. Later we also took the Flanking III promotion.

Living off the plunder from the Summerian COnquest, we finished off

And started Monarchy which is due out in 5 turns.

Meanwhile the Veteran's of the Arab/Summeria wars are healded and ready to go, supported by our Medic III GG.

Hatty is informed about the bad news

The first egyptian city is captured

And given over to Gliese 581

The same time that Sid discovers Monarchy and turns himself into KING of the Civfanatic community. There were many celebrations and hedonistic parties in honor of Sid's coronation amongst the Civfanatic community while the bulk of the empire worried about building infrastructure, fighting wars, and wnduring the whip. At this point Research is directed towards Fuedalism.

We did use one Numidian to scout the last areas finding that Mao is rather tough to reach without a suitable navy.

Also Mao has the Great Lighthouse, a valuable target. Still a navy is needed and the City of KMadCandy is constructing the Maori Statues to become a strong Naval Port city.

The Civfanatic army bears down on the Egyptian capital

Before that more exploration to the north finds

Danged! Gilgamesh could have been esily eliminated earlier! Now he definitely has an off-shore city of Uruk.

Now, back to the Egyptian capital

Which is handed over to Carabodes

What is left of Egypt is not much, forces are regrouped and prepared for a southern assault.

Finally Civfanatica finishes

And civics are changed

At the same time the southern Egyptian city fell

And Hatty brought in for discussions.

we started reserching Metal casting next but can get it with capitulation (Or just a temporary peace). I saved here to decide what we want to do next.

Tell, does the Civfanatic Community want the Egyptain Queen as a Vassal to order around and research techs we can backfill with? Or is there only ONE solution here?

As Stalin is right next door, we shooul take a peak at his cities

A mere FOUR! I forsee the Civfanatic making another war very soon.

The tech situation

Be aware that Mao has Machinery also, meaning Maces and the Chinese UU.

The diplomacy advisor shows

That any additional declarations will sink our diplomatic standing with Mao more, not that we really care.

Demographics

Tops in Land and food, almost tops in production and a sizeable army! Land is Power People, Land is Power!

And the Cities

So My Civanatic friends, do we welcome Hatshepsut into our membership, or do we settle for nothing less than complete extermination of our rivals???

Attachments

• Sid Meier AD-0890.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
Top Bottom