SGOTM 11 - Plastic Ducks

It's kinda of complicated, though :)

Me mixing up E and W one time didn't help either....

Anyways... there are merits to this compared to the other. And there are some issues. Like do we really delay ToA by 2 turns (2 gambles in one turnset.. 1 by unloading a worker we can't afford to lose next to fog, and the ToA gamble).

I'd like our french connection to have a final say as well before doing this.. just because everything is ok'ed when they're not around lately, I guess... But I don't know

Looks good I think. Haven't tried replicating via the set but reading the plan seems to match the one in my head.

One thing: if anyone Pleased has a good amount of gold (100) try begging. There's no way to know when they'll have that much again in the future.

Begging for how much, you recon?

Duckweed mentioned 100 gold before from Zara and I agree. Justinian&others will most likely not be Pleased so it's not very important I think.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9212898&postcount=663

Last thing: if Hindu/Judaism/Buddhism spreads and someone asks us to revolt, what do we do?
Case A:
We revolt and revolt out 5 turns later.
Pro: +1 diplo with said leader, potential Pleased leader for begging
Con: most likely this would happen within 5 prior of meeting Izzy so we'd be delaying OB with her.

Case B:
refuse
Pro: OB with Izzy as soon as met
Con: -1 diplo with said leader, potential enemy?

While I don't think it will happen, I'd go with Case A. Long term, diplo is harder to come by than a few turns of commerce.

I aggree with case A also.

Now.. I'm off for tonight. I'm ready to play tomorrow, and suggest we just leave open for comments untill everyone's awake tomorrow (final deadline).

T125:
Galley Towards Pata (waiting for settler from Bombay) or 2E?
2E is better, isn't it ?
The next thing we'll ship is likely to go to the northern island...

Otherwise, I'm happy with the plan as it is. It has been tweaked and re-tweaked :)

Either north island or remaining gold+crabs if available on Saladin's land mass. I'd rather have some view of the north island before deciding to settle blindly.

@Duckweed's plan

t116 - We could whip Pataliputra 1 turn later to keep working the pigs and cows but that'd mean 1 less turn of fogbusting with the wb.

t119 - just to make sure I understand which tile you want for the fogbusting wb: 3S3E of the fish? or is it 4S4E?

3S3E fogbusts more tiles but 4S4E fogbusts the landing zone [it won't matter if there's already a barb there however]

t121 - 0% research, let's keep the full binary just in case
t122 - 100% research

T116 -- I have the impression it has to be whipped that turn and it will grow back next turn to work on the improved cow.
T119 -- I think it's in 1E of the tile where the FW and settler will land, this way guarantees no barbarian spawned in that range.
T121, 122 -- Yes, if we can finish Currency in T123.

re t116
Let me check real quick if it delays the Galley production (I don't see how it could). If it doesn't, we're gaining 1 food and 3 hammers, or 6 food. I believe maintenance is the same.

I asked because I wondered if 1 more turn of fogbusting was worth it.

EDIT: galley comes out t120 still (of course, 4 overflow hammers)

About begging:

Formule is T(n) = (M + 50) * L * (Ph + 100)/ (Pa + 100) - T(n-1).

T(n) = Value of the transaction of number (n). 1Gold = 2T if not in financial difficulty
M = Number of turns since the encounter of the 2 players
L = 2 if a land target
Ph = Our military evaluation (See info graph, Soldier. 20000 = 20 Ph)
Pa = AI's military evaluation

Financial Difficulty: if (1 + beakers output + golds output - total cost)/(1 + beakers output + golds output) < 40%.

Edit:
I don't have the time to verify. I don't think we are not in financial difficulty. Met Zara for 120+turns. Considering our Ph is 42 = 0.6 x Pa, Pa = 70. Theoretically we can beg 130-140 gold from Zara.

Try to find some time to check the plan.

Good evaluation there dingding.

It's probably safe to assume Zara won't have that amount of gold on his hands unless he failed a wonder but we've got a good chance of getting 1~2 turns worth of research.

I'll await final input and concerns.

Anyways.. the plan is then to beg for 70-130 gold from Zara if he has it, and if not we just wait untill he does?

I'll await final input and concerns.

Anyways.. the plan is then to beg for 70-130 gold from Zara if he has it, and if not we just wait untill he does?

I wonder if we can get 50g from poor emperor AI, so ~50g should be enough in the 1st time. Go ahead. I'd like to see the GLH and Gold site secured.:)

I'll wait a bit (can play in about 3-4 hours, so that works out).

I'll whip T115 (so we grow back to work cows T116)

I will trade pig for 1:commerce: with whoever has it available when currency is in, ok?
I will beg golf from Zara only if he has 50 or more.

(And looks like 775BC ToA after this turnset).

Will stop if GLH completes elsewhere. Will produce Temple first in Delhi if ToA is built (focusing on working cottage+farm and growing first). I haven't tried anything down that line, but if we need more, I'll start Aquaduct.

Have played turnset out for one last test, and should be ok .. but there's A LOT of stuff happening here, so I'll take my time.

Will post here before playing (sometime in 3-4 hours, I suppose)

Also anxious about what's gonna happen. Would really hate losing GLH now....

Is 1 more turn of fogbusting the area worth 1 food+3 hammers?

Since we're gambling I guess it's okay to be a bit more on the safe side but while we're gambling, why not take the best path and whip on t116 for more production :)

Roughly checked the plan.

1. The Warrior on the marble had better to move 1W or 1SW at T114. Delay the position change of the two warriors for 1-2 turns. Otherwise, if it pops a Bar at the Rice spot (in the two tiles unfogbusted), the whole plan will be screwed immediately.

2. Don't understand really why the WB should be whipped in Vijay. Doesn't matter.

3. If the northern island turns out to be big, I don't mind landing the Chariot to the north. Otherwise I'm thinking of a 2-pop whippint into Axe to finish the ToA. Will discuss it in the next turn.

4. I think the WIII Warrior can stay on the cow of Zara and wait for Isa.

Anyway you can decide Bugg. We are kind of behind the schedule now. Go on and good luck!

1. Good point. Wait for the settler to be in range before moving the warrior.

2. I wouldn't whip either but doesn't really matter.

3. We won't know for a while, possibly not this set even.

4. Yea... we probably won't get to see her before the wb anyway.

Top Bottom