Bug Thread

alright this is going to sounds stupid.... were do i upload it to?

When you are writing a post (you have to be using the "Go Advanced" post editor, not the quick reply), scroll down to the "Additional Options" panel. Click "Manage Attachments". In the new window this panel brings up, click the first "Browse" button, search your computer for the save and "Open" it, then click the "Upload" button in the Manage Attachments window.

Then you can exit that window, and your post will have the save game attached.

alright

the issue is if i build and complete a steam thing or increase my storage any more than it is. the main colony won't show any of the completed buildings or the materials/resources that i have. also shows i am building something different than i am. If i rush the building i get a CTD

hope this helps.

alright

the issue is if i build and complete a steam thing or increase my storage any more than it is. the main colony won't show any of the completed buildings or the materials/resources that i have. also shows i am building something different than i am. If i rush the building i get a CTD

hope this helps.

I'll check this out TC01, it may be somehow tied to the coal miner mod.

Ok, I figured this out. The art defines for the Steamworks was not put in the ArtDefines.xml. Also the units Expert Coal Miner and the Journeyman was not adjusted to be able to build trails or railroads so I fixed that as well. I attached a patch and it should work with your saved game as I applied the patch and was able to load your game and the city screen was fixed, Talquin. Check it out when you can.

Attachments

• WestwardHo_Kai_Patch 1.0.rar
    11.9 KB · Views: 272
Thanks, Kailric.

I finally looked into the crashes (with a debug DLL attached to VC++). I've posted my initial results, even if I intend to do some more testing.

First, when starting up the mod I got this assert failure:

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvGlobals.cpp
Line:  2694
Expression:  strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message:  info type UNIT_FORT_SEARGENT not found, Current XML file is: modules\forts\forts_civ4unitinfos.xml

I looked and the UNITCLASS_FORT_OFFICER points to UNIT_FORT_SEARGENT, but this unit doesn't exist in the Forts module.

Should I just delete the unitclass? Or is there supposed to be a UNIT_FORT_SEARGENT but I got rid of it when removing all the excess units from Forts_CIV4UnitInfos.xml?

Anyway, here are the actual error messages when beginning a game for the first time:

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvPlayerAI.cpp
Line:  7842
Expression:  false
----------------------------------------------------------

Assert Failed

File:  CvTeam.cpp
Line:  2289
Expression:  eIndex >= 0
Message:  eIndex is expected to be non-negative (invalid Index)

Assert Failed

File:  CvUnit.cpp
Line:  8187
Expression:  !at(iX, iY) || (iX == INVALID_PLOT_COORD) || (iY == INVALID_PLOT_COORD)

Assert Failed

File:  CvUnit.cpp
Line:  8533
Expression:  pOldPlot != pNewPlot || pNewPlot == NULL
The first one would appear to be the result of not adding a case YIELD_COAL to a loop in CvPlayerAI.cpp that goes through all yields. I guess I'd just add something like this:

Code:
			case YIELD_COAL:
				iValue += kParent.getYieldSellPrice(eYield);
				break;
To the loop (shown in spoiler tag)?

Spoiler :
Code:
		switch (eYield)
		{
			case YIELD_FOOD:
				iValue += (kParent.getYieldSellPrice(eYield) + kParent.getYieldBuyPrice(eYield)) / 2;
				break;
			case YIELD_LUMBER:
				iValue += (kParent.getYieldSellPrice(eYield) + kParent.getYieldBuyPrice(eYield)) / 2;
				break;

case YIELD_SILVER:
			case YIELD_COTTON:
			case YIELD_FUR:
			case YIELD_SUGAR:
			case YIELD_TOBACCO:
			case YIELD_ORE:
			case YIELD_CLOTH:
				iValue += kParent.getYieldBuyPrice(eYield);
				break;

case YIELD_COATS:
			case YIELD_RUM:
			case YIELD_CIGARS:
				iValue += kParent.getYieldBuyPrice(eYield);
				break;

case YIELD_TOOLS:
			case YIELD_MUSKETS:
			case YIELD_HORSES:
				break;

case YIELD_TRADE_GOODS:
				break;

case YIELD_HAMMERS:
			case YIELD_BELLS:
			case YIELD_CROSSES:
			case YIELD_EDUCATION:
				break;
			default:
				FAssert(false);
		}

The next is in this function in CvTeam.cpp:

Code:
bool CvTeam::isOpenBorders(TeamTypes eIndex) const
{
	FAssertMsg(eIndex >= 0, "eIndex is expected to be non-negative (invalid Index)");
	FAssertMsg(eIndex < MAX_TEAMS, "eIndex is expected to be within maximum bounds (invalid Index)");

if (isAtWar(eIndex))
	{
		return false;
	}

return m_abOpenBorders[eIndex];
}

The bug would seem to be that an eIndex of -1 is being passed to isOpenBorders. Not sure from where though (I'll look into that further).

Next assert failures are in CvUnit::setXY. I suspect that they are related to HCOM, which moves a player's starting units to a randomly-generated starting position. If the plot is invalid, then it's going to cause problems- possibly even a crash. But I'm not sure about that. All that I can tell is that some unit is being moved to the same plot it was at before, or it's being moved to an invalid plot.

However, what's interesting is that the game doesn't actually crash- but it does if I run without the debug DLL.

Yeah, the UNITCLASS_FORT_OFFICER is not used as I changed it to a Profession instead.. so just delete the Forts_CIV4UnitclassInfos.xml. But you will have to also remove the referece to the UNITCLASS_FORT_OFFICER in the CvXMLloadUnitlitySet.cpp.

I may have left out that one YIELD_COAL reference in the CvPlayerAI as I checked my code in the Inventors Mod and its there. Just add it like the below code. I figure Coal is similar to Lumber in use so I just placed it there.

Code:
case YIELD_LUMBER:
case YIELD_COAL:
break;

and my wife says playing this game doesnt help anyone.

i will play some more in the next few days.

any comment on the train graphic or is this a known issue?

and my wife says playing this game doesnt help anyone.

i will play some more in the next few days.

any comment on the train graphic or is this a known issue?

It's a known issue, I'm afraid. I didn't design the graphic- I'm helpless with anything more complicated than simple 2D graphics- Modeltrainman and Deliverator designed it. And it comes (at least in part) from Sid Meier's Railroads.

I have no idea what could be done to fix it, but maybe those who designed it would. Or anyone else skilled with 3D graphics.

It's a known issue, I'm afraid. I didn't design the graphic- I'm helpless with anything more complicated than simple 2D graphics- Modeltrainman and Deliverator designed it. And it comes (at least in part) from Sid Meier's Railroads.

I have no idea what could be done to fix it, but maybe those who designed it would. Or anyone else skilled with 3D graphics.

Have you mentioned it to any of those guys? If they are not available I'll post it on the Civ4 forums for someone to fix hopefully. I only know some of the basics myself.

reloaded my save and everything is playing great.

I noticed that the 'build trails' icon is pink but can still work. is there a graphic that is missing?

certain goods also show up when on carts/trains as old goods , leather shows as the cloth icon but in the town is shows as the coat icon.

Hello TC01,

I've tried your mod and unfortunatelly i'm unable to see any text in your mod :

Menu text and also help and contextual text.

Version is ok
Westward Ho 0.41 installed on 0.40
Python set as in your post
Debug visible
No crash related

Your idea sound really interesting, so I'm interested in any help.

BR

Hello TC01,

I've tried your mod and unfortunatelly i'm unable to see any text in your mod :

Menu text and also help and contextual text.

Version is ok
Westward Ho 0.41 installed on 0.40
Python set as in your post
Debug visible
No crash related

Your idea sound really interesting, so I'm interested in any help.

BR

Are you playing the game in a language other than English?

All the text files only have English text at the moment... so if you play in a foreign langauge, you won't see any text.

I suppose I really should go and fix this (at least put the English text in the spots for other language text) to prevent this problem. But, in the mean time, if you switch your language to English, you should fix the problem.

whenever you highlight the icon for a pioneer to create a fort it says the resources it will increase and decrease but then it will also say there is a chance of revealing three different mineral resources. if this a bug?

whenever you highlight the icon for a pioneer to create a fort it says the resources it will increase and decrease but then it will also say there is a chance of revealing three different mineral resources. if this a bug?

I don't think it's a bug. Unless for some reason Kailric combined code for the prospector stuff we're planning with the fort code.

Have you mentioned it to any of those guys? If they are not available I'll post it on the Civ4 forums for someone to fix hopefully. I only know some of the basics myself.

I haven't... I'll PM Deliverator about it.

Actually, it seems I'm wrong. The model comes from Railroads entirely- Modeltrainman converted it, with permission from Firaxis. All Deliverator did was set up team colors for the graphic.

I guess posting it in the Civ 4 forums might be a good idea instead.

SORRY , my bad it's not the create fort it is the build lodge to increase timber.

It seems all our resources being mapped onto the wrong tiles is the result of Sirian's Regional Resource System, in the mapscript. It overrides the defaults given in the XML.

So I guess for the next patch I'll remove the Resource System and see what happens. I tried it before once and I remember getting a lot more resources, all over the map.

SORRY , my bad it's not the create fort it is the build lodge to increase timber.

Oh. Yes, that's a bug- it seems I added the "chance to discover mineral resources" code to the Lodge rather than the Mine as I had originally intended.

This will be fixed in the next patch.

ok. is there any chance you can make a list of known bugs so that i don't keep relisting new ones?

ok. is there any chance you can make a list of known bugs so that i don't keep relisting new ones?

Look at the first post of this thread- it has a list of reported bugs.

Top Bottom