SGOTM 11 - Plastic Ducks

@BIC
It's probably better to cancel the Ivory deal with Justinian and trade with Toku in T151 since Justinian is a potential DOW target, especially if the FUR is in that island.

Colossus/Parth -- Again, if the FUR is in the island, then Astro is not in a hurry and Colossus pays off without doubt. SM will be researched almost at the same time as Astro. According to kossin's test, we probably will research it 600~700AD and we can complete Parth ~100BC. ~50 turns of usage, if it worth a 1GP by 600AD, (Edit: half GP is enough. 240H raw hammers cost vs 750~1200 beakers from half GP) then it's a gain and I think the answer is yes.

Moai -- I am a little toward the Sugar site since there's 2 hills to help to finish it faster. Fish/Deer site need to focus on Lib/Univ before Moai.

I'll update the plan in the upcoming 2 hours.
Hopefully, I won't forget anything diplo/trade related ! And it will be played tonight (hopefully, I mean).

Sounds good.

@Duckweed
I think it's 50/50 chance that Parthenon will actually help generate an additional GP, let's look at what we need:

2~4 for Victory (counting 2 GGs hopefully)
1 first GA
2 second GA
3 third GA (Stretching a bit)
1 GE to build UN
Some for bulbing?

That's 10+ GPs minus
2 Free GPs: Music, Physics (Communism after we've got Mass Media presumably or maybe we won't have time to ship this one to the island so I'll only count 2)

Current prices: 600, 750, 900, 1050, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100, 2400, 2700 (, 3000, 3300)
Totaling: 15,000 GPP (21,300 GPP). From my test, I recall Patali spawning 2 GPs only so the brunt of the effort comes from Delhi.

Under a GA+Pacifism+NE, Delhi's output will be close to 200GPP/turn multiplied by 60 turns we get 12,000 GPP. The other 3,000 can come from Pataliputra without too much trouble.

Thus we should be able to get the GPs we need under the 3 GAs (counting the Taj Mahal) to trigger a 4th GA which should then allow to spawn the remaining necessary GPs for victory. (I think).

The Parthenon would make this task easier (slightly earlier GPs) but it doesn't look as if we'll actually gain a useful GP out of having it for ~70 turns. At most I estimate it will be worth 2500 GPP between Delhi and Pataliputra, not enough for one of the late high-priced GPs.

We can decide on this matter later.

Updated plan !
(Not that it's much different from 40 posts ago, hahaha !!)
(Beware the typos)

Spoiler :
Every turn :
Workboats : Western one heads towards Toku.
NE one goes to the whale tile.
E one tries to circum navigate going south of Spain.

Binary research.
Assign EP to Izzie. Reassign back to Zara/Toku if we lose track of their graph.
Check Toku diplo. OB and convert to Confu if possible.
Trade techs for gold ; try to get Meditation from Justinian at some point.
Check resource/gpt deals.

T146 :
Adopt OR+Slavery.
Deals to do with Mehmed : Monotheism for 10g ; clam or fish for 1gpt.

Cities : 3Clams works marble from Vijay.
Vijay's 5th citizen works Stone (finishes WB this turn).
Pataliputra whips Granary into Forge.
Hyderabad is founded, starts Gran, works improved Clams.
Agra whips Granary into Lighthouse (alt is hire a merchant. I'm not convinced).
Units : Galley heads to Lahore.
FW by Bombay goes 2S2E, cottage and cancels (aims to chop Fish&Deer's forest).
FW by Hyderabad goes 1N and chops.
FW by Agra goes 1N and mine.
Warrior in Vijay : fortify.

T147 :
Cities : Delhi whips Forge into Great Library. Assign citizen from mine to cottage. (Alt is to work the farm. I'm confused on that issue.)
Vijay finishes WB, starts Granary.
Pataliputra is size 4. Works 3F tile.
Units : WB from Vijay goes to clams.
Bombay's FW goes 1SW and chops.
Delhi's FW cancels after chopping.

T148 :
Litterature is in. Start Calendar. Follow with Paper when Calendar is done.
Check Monarchy trades. Sell it to Zara/Justinian. Get Hunting in the deal.

Cities : Bombay finishes FW and starts Granary. Takes horses from Vijay.
Vijay whips Granary into Forge. Takes floodplains from Bombay.
Units : Bombay's FW goes 1N of Delhi, cottage and cancels.
Delhi's FW goes 1W, chops and cancels.

T149 :
Cities : Varanasi takes the Marble.
3Clams works improved clams.
Units : Delhi's 2FW cottage 1N of Delhi.

T150 :
Cities : Varanasi whips Granary into Forge.
Vijay takes the Marble.
Units : Varanasi's FW goes 1NE and cottage.
Delhi's 2FW cancel after cottaging.

T151 :
OB with Tokugawa. Convert to Confucianism. Cancel Ivory deal with Justinian ; try it with Toku.
Cities : Delhi whips Aqueduct into Great Library.
Pataliputra is size 5. Works 2F2C. (Alt is 2F1H for better overflow into Parth.)
Calcutta size 3 takes mine from Vijay.
Units : Chariot in Agra scouts west.
2 FW by Delhi chop 1SE.

T152 :
Cities :
Units :FW by Delhi chops 1E (all chops done).
Hyderabad's FW starts Plantation.
Fish&Deer's FW goes 1NE, cottage and cancels.

T153 :
Cities : Delhi completes G.Lib, starts National Epic. Works 3 cottages (1S).
Pataliputra size 6 : whips Forge into Parthenon.
Fish&Deer size 2 takes cottage from Delhi.
Units : East Delhi's FW goes 2W1N and cottage.
West Delhi's FW goes 2SW (on its way to the deer. Loses 1 worker turn but... well...).
Bombay's FW goes 2N2W, farms and cancels.
Galley in Lahore. Fortifies.

T154 :
Get Hunting if we don't have it yet.
Cities : Delhi : 8th pop on cottage.
Pali is size 4. Works 3F tile.
Calcutta whips granary into Lighthouse.
Units : Agra's FW roads (next should be 1S then 3rd gold as we already put 2 road turns 1S)
Bombay's FW goes 1N2W, farms and cancels.
Delhi's FW goes 2N4W, farms and cancels.
Other Delhi's FW goes 1SW and build camp (deer).

T155 :
Cities : Pataliputra starts Lighthouse (to be whipped on T157).
Units : Bombay's FW goes 1N2W.
Other worker on that tile goes 1S3W (to chop Pali's forests).

T156 :
Save and upload.

@ Whipping Fish'n Deer :
I think it's fine to whip it on T156. Could be earlier but it doesn't seem necessary.

Didn't try it but it should be fine. At this point I just want to move on :)

Few things:
-change EP focus to Mehmed. Keep enough to see ZY's research and Toku's graph if possible.

T151
Try replacing the Ivory deal with Toku.

T154
Roading on the desert is fine. Just check that it doesn't cost 1 gold to do so (watch gpt before roading). Skip the road if it costs anything.

^Edited.

T154 : my wording is confusing, sorry. The FW is roading in place (4 turns needed, iirc).
I said "to 1S" so we don't forget we already put 2 road turns on that tile. --> No use roading 1W. Roading 1S and then on the last gold mine is simpler.

I'm fine with the edited plan.

@Duckweed
I think it's 50/50 chance that Parthenon will actually help generate an additional GP, let's look at what we need:

2~4 for Victory (counting 2 GGs hopefully)
1 first GA
2 second GA
3 third GA (Stretching a bit)
1 GE to build UN
Some for bulbing?

That's 10+ GPs minus
2 Free GPs: Music, Physics (Communism after we've got Mass Media presumably or maybe we won't have time to ship this one to the island so I'll only count 2)

Current prices: 600, 750, 900, 1050, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100, 2400, 2700 (, 3000, 3300)
Totaling: 15,000 GPP (21,300 GPP). From my test, I recall Patali spawning 2 GPs only so the brunt of the effort comes from Delhi.

Under a GA+Pacifism+NE, Delhi's output will be close to 200GPP/turn multiplied by 60 turns we get 12,000 GPP. The other 3,000 can come from Pataliputra without too much trouble.

Thus we should be able to get the GPs we need under the 3 GAs (counting the Taj Mahal) to trigger a 4th GA which should then allow to spawn the remaining necessary GPs for victory. (I think).

The Parthenon would make this task easier (slightly earlier GPs) but it doesn't look as if we'll actually gain a useful GP out of having it for ~70 turns. At most I estimate it will be worth 2500 GPP between Delhi and Pataliputra, not enough for one of the late high-priced GPs.

We can decide on this matter later.

I doubt we can generate that many GPPs. I'm not convinced to run the 4th GA. My thought is that 3 GS for bulb is no worse than 4th GA and it's much easier to handle.
I'd say to use all GS to lightbulb beside the necessary ones for final requirement. I guess we can also pull 1 GP from Fish/Deer city.

True enough, just raising the idea that it could be done though. We will see in due time, the first GA isn't so far off... ~3 rounds I believe.

@BIC
That's 4 votes. You can either wait for dingding's comments or play whenever you see fit.
I don't mind either way :)

So...

Apologies.
Saved.
Uploaded.

I made a mistake, T148.
That... wasted it. At least the efforts put into the micro. Prolly more.

I'm... confuuuuused.
What happened is that in Delhi ( :blush: )
I did not introduce the Great Library in the queue ( :blush: )
Which means ( :blush: )
We used the overflow from the forge ( :blush: )
To complete the confucean temple...

Sorry, really.
I'll let you check the damage. I don't feel up to it.

I don't check the save. However I'd say it does not affect the plan. Calm down, just go ahead as the plan, the difference is that we delayed NE and other wonders a little bit.;)

Ack!

I guess t148 should have read 'Swap TGL on top of the queue in Delhi'...

Back to the drawing board, let's try salvaging this. I'll update the test game.

"Do we want to add some forest chops to it" is the main question.

Alright, here's the updated test game.
I think I've made 1~2 moves extra compared to the official game but just stick to the plan for that.

Final Edit: I would tend to agree with Duckweed that it doesn't alter the plan. 1 more forest chop will make ends meet.

Attachments

• SGOTM11 TEST BC-0365.CivBeyondSwordSave
    166 KB · Views: 37
Okay it's pretty simple BIC:

Just play ahead. TGL will be completed on the same turn as Duckweed said with the 2 forest chops. However we can consider chopping an extra forest with one of the FW sitting by Delhi to make up for the lost hammers.

Thank you both.
Sorry to all again. I know you're playing the optimal way and the performance (not the wooden spoon) and that's a mistake you wouldn't do... If we get the gold medal you could say we had it despite having me in the team ^^

No change to the plan. Alright.
"However we can consider chopping an extra forest with one of the FW sitting by Delhi to make up for the lost hammers."
I take it you mean in the next set ? If yes, I can play the set to its end tonight.

I've played the end and re uploaded the save.
Not to mention the GLib, there was some good and some bad.

To make it short : the round ends with an annoucement that we're Toku's worst ennemies. That probably is due to selling Monarchy to Justinian for 80 gold. We get -2 for trading with his worst ennemy.
I can see this becoming a problem in the near future...

Otherwise, plenty of deals.
We have 2 small deals with Mehmed for 1gpt each time. It may be worth making it a 1 resource vs 2gpt in the future.
Chance to trade ivory from Toku was missed.

We also achieved circumnavigation. And Mehmed triggered a golden age.
And Saladdin discovered Mathematics : 365 BC, he offered Hunting vs 60 gold and Maths...

Toku's and Izzie's lands :
Spoiler :

The deals :
Spoiler :

Official log :
Spoiler :
Turn 149, 365 BC: Mehmed II's Golden Age has begun!!!

Turn 150, 350 BC: You have constructed a Granary in Varanasi. Work has now begun on a Forge.

Turn 151, 335 BC: You have discovered Hunting!
Turn 151, 335 BC: Gandhi converts to Confucianism!
Turn 151, 335 BC: You have discovered Calendar!
Turn 151, 335 BC: You have constructed a Aqueduct in Delhi. Work has now begun on The Great Library.

Turn 152, 320 BC: Gandhi has completed The Great Library!
Turn 152, 320 BC: You have constructed The Great Library in Delhi. Work has now begun on National Epic.

Turn 153, 305 BC: You have discovered Meditation!
Turn 153, 305 BC: You have constructed a Forge in Pataliputra. Work has now begun on The Parthenon.
Turn 153, 305 BC: Justinian I adopts Hereditary Rule!
Turn 153, 305 BC: Your maps have proven that the world is round! Your ships receive a +1 Movement bonus.

Turn 154, 290 BC: Delhi has grown to size 8.
Turn 154, 290 BC: Delhi can hurry National Epic for 4? with 24? overflow and +1? for 50 turns.
Turn 154, 290 BC: Varanasi has grown to size 5.
Turn 154, 290 BC: Vijayanagara will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 154, 290 BC: You have constructed a Granary in Calcutta. Work has now begun on a Lighthouse.
Turn 154, 290 BC: Aristotle (Great Scientist) has been born in Mecca (Saladin)!

Turn 155, 275 BC: Vijayanagara has grown to size 5.
Turn 155, 275 BC: Zara Yaqob has 60 gold available for trade.

Turn 156, 260 BC: Pataliputra can hurry Lighthouse for 2? with 38? overflow and +1? for 39 turns.
Turn 156, 260 BC: Agra can hurry Lighthouse for 1? with 3? overflow and +1? for 20 turns.
Turn 156, 260 BC: Calcutta can hurry Lighthouse for 1? with 16? overflow and +1? for 28 turns.
Turn 156, 260 BC: You are the worst enemy of Tokugawa.

Top Bottom