Bug Reporting

I just downloaded the latest edition of BAT & BUG and I've been really enjoying it. However, I noticed something really annoying - whenever I press "Exit to Main Menu" on Options (which I sadly commonly do, due my failures on Monarch...), the game crashes and BTS closes. I really wanna use it, but it's become increasingly annoying to keep reloading the game.
Any help? Thanks.

... only to find that I was having some trouble with the Scoreboard. Since this topic is 123 pages long I didn't check to see if it had been asked before.
We should probably start a 'basic issues' thread that records basic issues people are having with BUG. Do we have one already?

The Civ Version is actually 301 which means 3.0.1 which is why BUG doesn't work. The build version is a different number. In any case, download the 3.19 patch and run it, and hopefully you'll be all set.

Okay, thanks. I patched it up and its all good.

I was a fool because I was actually updating vanilla and not BTS; that explains why. :lol:

We have the FAQ which I believe is linked in the readme.txt, but who reads those? I also have the Known Issues wiki page linked in my sig.

OK, I've got the logs files.

Operating System Ubuntu 10.04 (linux) Running Wine 1.2 rc2
BUG version 4.4 release 2220
BULL version 1.2 release 182 (problem)
Blue Marble 4.5 Pre loaded (works fine, looks better)

Pre amble;

I've set up Bug to load every time under default custom assets and bug folder, runs no problem.
I've Ran BAT 2.3 No Problem as well, WITH Bull 1.2 enabled and other mods included.

Description of problem;

When I try load Bull as a mod, or install it to load every time as I have with BUG, it'll load up the MOD FINE, Bull 1.2 in top right corner of screen.

Once I start game select all options etc, BEGIN GAME.

the Game loads up, and dumps me to the Technology screen with a Blank Screen with only Blue Marbles gold background.

Error on Screen is "Bull mod cannot find XML (capitals) file for Mod init.

Game will run fine, but no icons are available, no screens F1-F11 may be accessed. Game give Technology options to choose, but no city screen to access, no icon's to press to access various options/screens.

Huts work fine, movement, etc interaction with AI's.

I've attached the 2 files you've requested at Forgenet, I didn't understand how to report there.??

/home/brian/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs/PythonDbg.log
/home/brian/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs/PythonErr.log

yeah well that won't work will it, so.. I attach them (just to show I knew which files and how to enable :lol:

P.S. Had to rename as Txt files, still Log files, well they are only text anyway :lol:

Cripp, if your going to install 10.04, and want to install Civ on that, follow the link here:

I'd advise installing MSXML 4 PARSER 1st, it greatly speeds up the install, no waiting for the MSXML files, and the SP3 Parser as well.

Newly updated the link to Wine web page, sorry

IPEX: Thanks for the link. You accidentally put "advice" at the front of it, but just remove it and it works.

I've had an odd little error since going to BUG 4.4, and I'm not sure if BAT is causing it, or if I didn't clean out my Custom Assets properly. The hover text for a tech, where it says "Can be researched by..." displays the Great Person twice. So if you have something that can be researched by a Great Merchant, the hover says:

"Can be researched by Great Merchant,Can be researched by Great Merchant"

With no space between the comma and the next line. Has anyone else reported this?

I think I've seen that line repeated on the next line before, but I'm not positive. I've never seen it on the same line with a comma between them.

I just installed bug 4.4 and now whenever I contact an AI, I don't have any choices on the diplomacy screen? what can I do?

I just installed bug 4.4 and now whenever I contact an AI, I don't have any choices on the diplomacy screen? what can I do?

It sounds like you had a previous version of BUG installed but neglected to uninstall it. BUG 4.4 removed some files, but they won't get removed unless you uninstall prior versions. I recommend removing or renaming your CustomAssets folder (the installer lets you do this) and reinstalling.

More on that problem with Bug 4.4 and Bull 1.2, I've taken a screen shot of Bug working, but not having Bull Enabled.

I've copied the files from the Assets folder of the Bull 1.2 zip to my custom assets, and the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file to my assets file, where I didn't have the corresponding file??

I've tried renaming the Art, XML, and Res files in upper and lower case to match the customs Assets folder, no good either.

Spoiler :

Here's a screen shot of the information I get, it runs fine, still won't load ANY mods with Bug 4.4, and still works in BAT 2.3??? I'm at a loss to explain or to get working.

I've copied . . . the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file to my assests file, where I didn't have the corresponding file??

You must be putting it in the wrong Assets folder. You want C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's - Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets. There should be a file with the same name that you must rename before copying the BULL DLL there.

Yeah, I got it to work, Thank you Emperorfool.

Solution for Linux systems (Ubuntu 10.04 specifically)

Open home folder 1st. (Places from panel, Home Folder)
Open up user folder, (ie your name or desktop's name)
Cntl-H or Edit, show hidden files.
Open .wine Folder (This is a hidden folder)
Open Device_c Folder
Open Program files/Firaxis game/Sid Meiers Civ 4/Beyond the sword/Assets (this is where you need to place the Mods CoreGameCiv4.dll file into (RENAME THE ORIGINAL 1st) or you'll be sowwie.

Start game and check that the mods loaded properly. Of course you've done all the other bits you needed to do, the easy bits, this is difficult (to find)

UPDATE: The "Easy bit", I forgot how, its actually Home folder/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Custom assets. (copy Files from Bulls Assets folder here *NOT the folder its self, but the 3 folders inside.*

Spoiler :
Just to prove It actually does.​

Wine HQ Civ 4 dedicated page

Thank you Emperorfool, a fool no more (neither am I)

But thank you BUG team most of all

Hi again,

I just started a new team multiplayer game after updating to 4.4 (and BBAI 1.0) and around 1000BC CIV crashes to desktop with the "Microsoft Runtime crashes for civbts.exe" message. From now on this happened every 10 minutes.
I tried reboot, graphic driver reinstall, emptying civ cache, lower graphic settings, compatibility mode for XP (runnning Windows7 64). But the crashes continued to happen, when I or my friend are doing something in the GUI (lowering taxes, moving units etc.)

Anybody seen this crash with BUG mod 4.4? I have used the several BUG (and BBAI) versions almost from the beginning of this fantastic mod and never got this bug :(

I think I've seen that line repeated on the next line before, but I'm not positive. I've never seen it on the same line with a comma between them.
I have a couple of modified 'pedia Python files in the Screens folder to enable SaibotLieh's female units, and these are external to the Sevopedia. I have a feeling that the game engine is loading the information twice. It has since appeared with a normal bullet point with the name of the GP, and then next line a bullet and GP name. It stubbornly refuses to let me make a screen shot of this to show you.

I have a feeling that reworking those screen Python files may do the trick. I'm going to remove the units tomorrow, temporarily, and see if the problem goes away. If it does, I have some head scratching to do...

Ok, here's the little boo-boo I was talking about:

Spoiler :

Note the double GS message in the Special Abilities section of the 'pedia entry.

I'm in Dublin right now, with limited computer access, and I can't do anything until I get home, but does anybody have any idea what files control the display of that GS message? I looked forever before I left with no success. :(

Things like this drive me bonkers, and nobody likes an annoyed Irish woman. :lol:

Those lines are added in CvGameTextMgr.cpp. Do you have the female great people mod? I'll take a look at that section of code this weekend and see what's up. I think it loops through great people types--not units types, so my first guess is probably wrong.

Top Bottom