Dr kossin #39

Yes, the Greek can settle some of the peninsula if you don't beat him to it. I sent warrior fog busters there to explore early.

I played to turn 100, focusing on land grabbing. Will post a pic later when Kossin passed turn 100.

Spoiler :

AH-Mining-hunting-archer-fishing-BW-myth-pottery-sailing-writing-Anesth-poly-Literature

built 2nd worker working gold+cow to farm flood plains. settled 5 cities early, settled 6th city near jungle gem after trading for IW.

Spoiler :

trade crab+12gpt to the Greek for Marble, helping with GL and NE. Want to set up a GP farm ASAP since we have several food rich cities.

No religion yet. Multiple Barb Galleys are really annoying.

Looks interesting. Thank you for posting these games, Kossin, they are quite entertaining.

To readers:

Sorry, I'm having a busy-stretch and my civ time is devoted to succession games in priority. I might have time to post the update tomorrow.

Here goes:

I can guarantee the next update by tomorrow evening - I have a day off.

Moreover, I've accepted some help to continue forward with the series while my time is limited. While I might not have the time to play daily rounds this summer, I will still try to keep this series interesting and updated as often as possible.

Hopefully the new format will work well and be interesting :)

Be nice if another deity player could take over, this has been a very interesting series. :)

Be nice if another deity player could take over, this has been a very interesting series. :)
I'll let him introduce himself ;)

expecting silu/fleme tag team action :D yay!
Well, it won't be co-op play but we'll be alternating playing rounds so that the flow keeps going.

That's a good idea, will ensure that rounds can be played more often so the audience don't get restless during the intermission and start wrecking the place

Round 2

As you might remember, I played this quite some time ago so my memory isn't the best about the round.

Basically, all the good wonders went pretty fast leaving me without the opportunity to attempt a GE rush so... I stuck to a pretty regular game instead.

I Oracle'd Metal Casting as Industrious forges are pretty cheap.
[screenshot lost :(]

And then put up a few cities on the east coast to block Pericles.

Eventually Darius got Alphabet.
Spoiler :

After looking a bit more at the land... it seems this should be a pretty easy game with peaceful neighbors and a LOT of land. (not resized)
Spoiler :

Room for 10 cities, or possibly 12+.

I'm currently researching Litterature and can only hope for a Great Engineer next turn to rush The Great Library ASAP.

Techs aren't too interesting.
Spoiler :

And the diplo is safe enough.
Spoiler :

I'm a bit low on the city count for the moment and workers. The beaker rate is pretty terrible too... not even running any cottages although that should change as the REX starts receding and cottage can be built. Hoping for some GPP action more than anything else though.

Attachments

• DR39 kossin BC-0600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    160.1 KB · Views: 49
Nicely traded the oracle tech. Good job too as I'm guessing you'll be out of touch tech wise for a little while if you settle all those cities!

Top Bottom