SGOTM 12 - T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't

I also support Worker -> Axe.....

I would much rather have an extra worker a lot earlier, than 2 warriors.
Existing Warriors to have a careful explore once Axe's are built.

I'm happy with the micro up to t68. After the copper is finished and worker 4 is produced, its up for debate.

So, IMO you can play through until then.

So, when I got home Civ V was sitting on the doorstep, I made the mistake of installing it, had a couple of beers... you get the idea.

Neil, I checked your suggestions for worker 4 micro and agree with them. I adjusted my plan accordingly (though note that it takes worker 4 two moves to get to the grass silk).

Do you want to swap turnsets? You could play through Alphabet now if you'd like. I will not be playing the real save until Saturday evening PST at the earliest, so this could be considered an official handoff if you want to take it before then and play through Alphabet.

So, when I got home Civ V was sitting on the doorstep, I made the mistake of installing it, had a couple of beers... you get the idea.

Hey, they could happen to anybody.....

Neil, I checked your suggestions for worker 4 micro and agree with them. I adjusted my plan accordingly (though note that it takes worker 4 two moves to get to the grass silk).

Do you want to swap turnsets? You could play through Alphabet now if you'd like. I will not be playing the real save until Saturday evening PST at the earliest, so this could be considered an official handoff if you want to take it before then and play through Alphabet.

thanks for the heads up about the forst worker. I am at work, and can't risk playing, so I have been testing straight on the spreadsheet. I thought the worker would get to the silk in 1 turn, forgot the silk is forested.

Yeah, we could swap. I will be ready to play in about 6 hours, I will play the next 10 or so turns until Alpha is in.

There are worse ways to spend an evening. (Speaking of...)

Yeah, we could swap. I will be ready to play in about 6 hours, I will play the next 10 or so turns until Alpha is in.

Remember to keep checking Gandhi for Open Borders. When I ended my set he was in no mood, but you never know.

Roger, Wilco.

OK, we start by:
- Changing research to Alphabet
- Changing espionage to DeGaulle

Not much to report at all. Played through to t72. I used the Neil test 1, which was a copy of the Chris test 2 micro, with the smallest change possible to the worker micro on t69. I should have run this past everyone, but I did it as it clearly saves some movement for our workers.

We finished the library on t65:
Spoiler :

We revealed a few more tiles, nothing exciting.
Spoiler :

Gandhi wouldnt open his borders, at all. Now we have learnt Alphabet, a whole array of potential trades has opened up.
Spoiler :

I made one small mistake, in that I did not change the micro in A-M last turn. This can be corrected this turn, by working the silk instead of the gold. (the save does this for you).
Spoiler :

Session log:
Spoiler :

Turn 65, 1400 BC: Judaism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 66, 1360 BC: Gandhi adopts Organized Religion!

Turn 68, 1280 BC: The Great Wall has been built in a far away land!

Turn 69, 1240 BC: De Gaulle adopts Slavery!

Turn 71, 1160 BC: You have discovered Alphabet!

Turn 72, 1120 BC: Ankh-Morpork can hurry Axeman for 1? with 35? overflow, 2? added to the treasury, and +1? for 10 turns.
Turn 72, 1120 BC: Sto-Lat will become unhealthy on the next turn.
Turn 72, 1120 BC: Churchill will trade Archery, Masonry, Mysticism, Sailing
Turn 72, 1120 BC: De Gaulle will trade Archery, Mysticism
Turn 72, 1120 BC: Roosevelt will trade Archery, Masonry, Sailing
Turn 72, 1120 BC: Mao Zedong will trade Archery, Iron Working, Sailing
Turn 72, 1120 BC: Stalin the Despicable will trade Archery, Iron Working, Masonry, Sailing
Turn 72, 1120 BC: Sto-Lat will grow to size 3 on the next turn.

My apologies in that my autolog has, yet again, turned itself off. I have changed my ini files now several times, and my BUFFY options, but it seems to keep turning itself off !!!!
Next time I will check this on turn 0.

Good job!

I'm on my way to Seattle, no access to civ computer until Saturday. Can you tell us if any of the AI will accept techs for peace?

Why did we change espionage to De Gaulle?

Edit: did I mention how happy I am we have axes? And did you notice the NW deer does not have fallout? Looks like there might be a viable tundra silver city site.

Espionage on DeGaulle.....
I thought it was something we had agreed to do as soon as we found him as our neighbour.

I did ask Churchill what he wanted for peace, and he wanted Sto-Lat. I didn't ask him if he wanted our techs, as I felt this should be left to the team to decide. I personally would offer all of our techs: AH, Agr & Writing. But we only just learnt Alpha, so I didn't do anything rash.

EDIT: Actually I didn't notice the lack of fallout. And yes, Axes are very good :)

No worries on the espionage, I just don't remember the discussion. Probably doesn't matter much one way or the other.

Agree that we should discuss tech for peace. I would start with De Gaulle. Will he take writing?

Does anyone know each other aside from Mao and Gandhi? Since that pair already has alphabet, I'm inclined to take peace with anyone who will accept techs in trade.

Edit: for those who want multiple techs, I would offer singletons and various pairs, beginning with cheapest, before offering an entire triplet.

Looking good. It's nice to see that fallout only covers 95%+ of the world...

Looks like no reason to move S-H from the original plan, unless we want to take advantage of the deer/silver cite. 3 deer = sufficient food, anyway.

Personally I'm very cold on CivV, played the demo wasn't impressed.

But onto proper matters. Good turnset. It looks like we're sorted for land for the moment.
As regards peace, we can test out what each will wiant by asking and going down at the start of the next set. Peace with DeG is probably the most important atm, but as many as possible is the goal.

Chris do you want to be swapped back in and stall to Saturday or will we pass onto Earhtling?

I think Neil has only played half a turnset. If people are agreed that we can offer all available techs, to all AI including Stalin, he should do so and report back. Then we can plan the second half of his turnset.

Who gives us peace, an for how much, will determine if we need to research horseback riding. And we need to agree on builds and worker micro.

Sounds like a plan. I think we should let neil work his peace pipe magic and then conference on the micros.

No worries on the espionage, I just don't remember the discussion. Probably doesn't matter much one way or the other.

Agree that we should discuss tech for peace. I would start with De Gaulle. Will he take writing?

Does anyone know each other aside from Mao and Gandhi? Since that pair already has alphabet, I'm inclined to take peace with anyone who will accept techs in trade.

Edit: for those who want multiple techs, I would offer singletons and various pairs, beginning with cheapest, before offering an entire triplet.

I will be amazed if any of them accept peace. Churchill is the outside chance IMO, as we have 3 techs to offer him. But I will try. I won't play for at least another 5-6 hours, just because the spreadsheet died last night, so it is valid upto where we are, but I still need to validate it after that.

Gandhi has met someone else, just can't remember right now who.

I think we probably need to re-evaluate the spreadsheet and all the micro after alphabet. I didn't really optimize it.

The question in my mind is if we need horseback riding at all. Perhaps we can trade writing+something for peace with most AI.

I think we probably need to re-evaluate the spreadsheet and all the micro after alphabet. I didn't really optimize it.

The question in my mind is if we need horseback riding at all. Perhaps we can trade writing+something for peace with most AI.

OK, I won't play any turns just yet. I will just try for peace.

In our test games, I never got any of the AI to accept anything less than HBR, Alpha or Aesthetics for peace.

HBR is ideal as they can all research it, so they can all trade it once we learn it. Any other tech leaves us in a position where the AI doesn't have the pre-reqs. You will notice that only Gandhi & us have Alpha. No-one even has Writing, so we can't even trade Alpha for peace, until they learn Writing. We don't want to be in the situation where we have peace with some AI, but cannot get peace with others.

It just gets messy, HBR means we can get peace with every AI, the turn we research it. I'm open to any other ideas, but I couldn't see what could be better. I think 9 turns into HBR is worth the instant peace with 5 AI. You never know, Gandhi might even trade us something for it. This at least leaves us the juicy trade techs, like Aesthetics/Maths/Currency for a bit later, when hopefully the AI like us enough to trade.

No-one took any techs for peace. I tried every combination with everyone. This was the trade I felt had the best chance:
Spoiler :

As you can see, it went down in flames

AI relations:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom