• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Vincentz Infinite Projects (VIP) [Modpack]

Yep. I just didnt want to create a new one with the mod being in such an unfinished state. still a lot to do. when I'm approaching 1.0'ish I'll ask the Moderators to make a thread in Project & Mod Development thread since it's not really a modmod for RoM, but for now I think people would just post why it's not finished if I created my own thread. Plus VIP is the working title. Might change it at a later state.

OK, just let me know if you need anything, I'd be glad to help out;)

@ DH
No thanks Dancing H :) I dont think I'm going to put a caravan unit into my mod. My plan is to make a light mod (I never made it to Transhuman in RoM, and in the later versions I didnt make it to modern. Lack of machine power...) , but with the depth of ROM tech tree, so most tech will propably only have 1-2 things.

I did not limit it to any building or unit. ;) I was testing it with holy shrines producing a missionary every 20-40 turns. Mostly I was working on it because I wanted a few other Civ III things available such as wonders producing units eg Statue of Zeus (which isnt a wonder in RoM) producing an ancient cav every 10 turns or so.

OT: I think the 4 of us are about the only ones left in these RoM subforums now. :p

I'll fire version 0.4 up this evening. :D

Please don't get vexed over the lack of current D/Ls Vincentz. I promise I'll still be D/L'ing each new version.

JosEPh :)

Been a Looong time since anyone even suggested I might be a VIP. :lol:

Only got about an hours play in last night. Will Dualism get it's religion (kemetism iirc ) back? (I didn't get a chance to research yet so if it has.. never mind) ;)

JosEPh

Up to 4300BC and on Noble level I am in the middle of the pack in almost all areas. To keep within a reasonable distance of the Tech leaders I find I have to use my 2 largest cities for Research and for Wealth. Otherwise I would fall Seriously behind.

The Time line is skewed on Epic but that's a minor point that can be adjusted later.

I find that so far I build Farms Way less than I used to. JC's, Plantations, and Cottages out weigh the Farm in combined production/gold. I build more windmills now than mines too. Quarries I'm still undecided on.

Sorry for being slow to report how things are going but Work has been the B**** this last 2 weeks.

I like the Mod's progression and "feel" so far. I hope to see your Industry mod implemented into this one (if it isn't already).

And one final "wishlist" item, Hydromancer's Farm Mod (or something similar) would go great with what you have done so far imho. Later game they would boost the Farm onto a level playing field with the other 3 I mentioned as being better than Farms.

Thanks for letting us play this Mod.

I think the farms are very good. They are the only improvements that gives +2 food. And is the first improvement that gets a bonus (+1 from crop rotation). Its therefore excellent for small farming societies that wants to grow into big metropolies.
To put things in relief here are the improvements :

Improvement yields (surplus yields)
(requirements)(chance of finding/breeding/growing etc)

Camp : :food: (+2 w/forest)
(req. forest/jungle) (fur, deer, elephant (or mammoth ;))
Farm : :food::food: - :hammers: (+1)
(req. freshwater) (rice, corn, wheat)
Pasture : :food: (+1)
(cow, pig, sheep, horse)
Windmill : :food: :hammers: (+2)
(req. hills)
Watermill : :food: :hammers: (+2)
(req. rivers)

Mine : :hammers::hammers: - :food: (+1)
(req hills) (bronze, iron, gold, silver, gems, coal etc etc)
Quarry : :hammers::hammers: - :food::food: (0)
(req hills or plains) (stone, marble)
Workshop : :hammers: - :food: (0)
(req flatlands)
Lumbermill : :hammers: (+2 w/forest)
(req forest)

Plantation : :commerce::commerce: (+2)
(req. grassland) (sugar, spice, banana, incense, dye, silk)
Cottage : :commerce: (+1)
(not really finished. In RoM I made not published changes to it that I might redo)
Tradepost : :commerce: (+1)
(req flatlands)

The improvements are shown without resources. Some resources will actually subtract the bonus given. (example : Horse will give - 1 food, 2 hammers and 1 commerce removing the +1 food the pasture gives.)

Terrains :

Grassland : 3 :move: :food::food::food: :hammers:

Plains : 3 :move: :food::food: :hammers::hammers:

Tundra : 4 :move: :food: :hammers: + :food: w/river

Desert : 5 :move: :hammers: + :food: w/river

Ice : 5 :move: :food:

Flood Plains 3 :move: + :food: - :hammers:
(desert, plains, grassland)

Forest 4 :move: + :hammers:
(plains, grassland, tundra)

Jungle 5 :move: + :food:
(grassland)

Oasis 2 :move: + :food: +:commerce:
(desert, grassland, plains)

(1) Up to 4300BC and on Noble level I am in the middle of the pack in almost all areas. To keep within a reasonable distance of the Tech leaders I find I have to use my 2 largest cities for Research and for Wealth. Otherwise I would fall Seriously behind.

(2) The Time line is skewed on Epic but that's a minor point that can be adjusted later.

(3) I find that so far I build Farms Way less than I used to. JC's, Plantations, and Cottages out weigh the Farm in combined production/gold. I build more windmills now than mines too. Quarries I'm still undecided on.

(4) Sorry for being slow to report how things are going but Work has been the B**** this last 2 weeks.

(5) I like the Mod's progression and "feel" so far. I hope to see your Industry mod implemented into this one (if it isn't already).

(6) And one final "wishlist" item, Hydromancer's Farm Mod (or something similar) would go great with what you have done so far imho. Later game they would boost the Farm onto a level playing field with the other 3 I mentioned as being better than Farms.

(7) Thanks for letting us play this Mod.

(1) I found myself catching up with the AI on noble around start medieval. Then I tried a Diety (which was were I was in RoM AND) with aggressive barbs, and I was whacked 10 times in a row before really getting started. :lol: 1 time even before I could builld a clubman because I started out building a worker. Its a strange feeling, coz I made the rules, but the AI is kicking my ass.
I haven't touched anything regarding AI or difficulty level yet, but I have tried to give the AI a natural habitat in which it can grow on its own premises. Delaying settler building is one of them, and my initial discovery was that the AI would spread out its cities farther not overlapping (a word?) as it did in vanilla. It also have a stronger capital and seems healthier in its overall growth, often having a bigger capital than me. This could also be because of the changes in terrains, improvements and routes.
Instead of giving a terrain an improvement bonus of 100% (hill : :food::hammers: + mine : :hammers::hammers:) I increased the terrain and reduced the improvements. The factor is now around 25%-50% for improvements. Again the Civ4 AI embraces this, and also giving multible choices when it comes to improvements seems to strenghten the AI. (The Camp, Pasture, Quarry and Plantation can now be build without having to have a resource under). Allmost all of the improvements now have chance of resources growing. So you lack luxury? Time for Plantations. Maybe you'll get lucky and one of them produces a quality resource. Or maybe one of your pastures breed prime Hereford or Angus. Or maybe a fullblooded Arabian or Frisian will stride around. This opens up the game, making it more dynamic IMO.

2) Yep. Changed only Normal, and that one is still not 100% correct.

3) I made a couple of changes since last version, which I posted in the previous posts

4) Last time I checked you were not on my payroll. Neither did you sign a contract. I'm just happy to get a little feedback once in a while :) No apology needed.

5) It will be. But so far I haven't implemented a single one of my RoM VIP's

6) I'll look into it.

7) Thank you for playing my mod ;)

Any updates coming soon?

Thanks!

JosEPh :D

:cool:

Congrats on the D/L numbers! :D

JosEPh

VIP 300 v.0.65 has hit the streets. It's by far the biggest change since I started my little project, and is quite playable atleast untill gunpowder. Recommending : Normal speed, Tectonics with 60% water, Giant map (yep, even a 5 year old comp with 1.5GB Ram and 128MB graphic runs it smoothly)
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I had making it :)

Download here

Yippee! New Toy! And it's not even Christmas yet! :lol:

This is when the Forum is Fun!:D

Vincentz,
Are you using some of strategyonly's prehistoric in you mod? I know you have elected to use the 10,000 BC start date and that's cool by me.

By the why, I know you recommend Normal speed but I use Epic and things seem to be going smoothly. I also use Archipelago World, low sea level, and standard resources with AI numbering between 7 and 10. I havn't tried more AI because with the Arch world your 1st contact is limited in the 1st 1000+ years. This allows you to explore and map out your island/archipelago and also allows the AIs to build decent empires before you start jostling for space. Getting to caravel and fluyt/galleon is essential for further worldwide expansion. And sea level really dictates how soon this will happen too.

I'm having fun with your "toy". :cool:

JosEPh

I love archi maps. especially with snaky continents (and ofcourse low sealevel). The problem is I kinda ignored seafaring in the mod so far. That is now changed, and I also added a Cog as I missed a medieval transport. The coast will be 2 (easy to resupply) move and ocean 3 (have to carry extra supplies), but instead of increasing movement for all ships I added some boni (+1 move with pottery and shipbuilding) making it more dynamic. I also added Reefs that harms ships and cost 5 move.

And then I added a part of my personal history. The mainmenu song I wrote around 15 years ago on my Korg M1 keybord. I recorded it on magnetic tape and much later transfered it to computer where it somehow survived around 5 computerchanges. So be sure to enable music if you have turned it off ;)

1500 AD and strength wise I'm middle of the pack, research I'm not doing as well. I'm just researching Glass blowing.

I just got an Elephant resource so I had to circle ack tech wise and pickup Elephant Riding and Construction.

I barely got to establish a religion, Confucianism, I missed Judaism and Theology by quite a bit. The AI seems to get Settlers and Religions quicker than I did. Will have to pay better attention to that next game.

The only neighbor I have yet is Chinese, and they have declared war on me already. Even though they were "Pleased" with me at the time. I rebuffed their 1st invasion attempt. But they are ahead of me Tech wise but not in Military strength. Partly because I have more cities than they do.

I do have a screenie I'll post later of a Text_Key_ error.

Today was the longest session of BtS I've had in some time. Felt good.

JosEPh :D

Top Bottom