Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks (CCMAT)

Looks great, thanks again for all your work!

Forgot to mention earlier, but I found that
- "Upgrades - Scout to Musketman" (enabled by default; allows upgrading scout to musketman)
is somewhat OP since Scouts aren't obsolete when rifles are available. One can build a scout (1 turn), upgrade to musket (1 turn) upgrade to rifleman (1 turn) while hard building rifles was taking 6-10 turns on average! I'd suggest having this modular tweak disabled by default in future iterations.

Doh! I almost mentioned the extra xp for ranged in the post but didn't because I had Military Tradition in the game I was referencing. However, I completely forgot about Professional Army which I also had!:p So I've loaded up the earliest autosave I have from the game which is unfortunately from after scouts and rifles are obsolete: I did have one scout left, and an upgrade from Scout to Musket =100G, from Musket to Rifle = 85G. 185*2=370 (the cost without Pro Army) and I *believe* (as I can't find a reference and I have no applicable save atm from that era) this is lower than outright rushing rifles, but let me know if it's a negligible difference or I am simply wrong. (It happens;))

Thank you for replying my post. :)

Just downloaded your V11. Will try it later after work.

I saw that you had added: "Units - Renamed Barbarians". Since we are going to have this, may I suggest (I know nuts about modding), if possible, the following:
1) Change Barbarian's names to Separatist (inland) or Pirate (coastal) when 1/3 of the remaining civilizations reached Renaissance Era and armed with units like Musketman, Crossbow and Caravel.

2) When 1/3 of the remaining civilizations reached Modern Era, all Barbarian will known as Terrorist and armed with Rifleman, Cannon, Anti-tank gun and Frigate.

A bit extreme, especially for weaker state, but hey... it is also a warning to catch up...LOL Besides aren't we facing these problems in the real world today.

If we can make the Barbarian declare independence after they captured a city, that will be prefect.....LOL Of course if they are independence, they will behave like a normal civilization or city state.

Cheers

I tried out the mod and I can't seem to raze cities anymore. After I take over a city, there's no pop up asking me if I want to raze it or not. Is there a hotkey for razing a city?

I tried out the mod and I can't seem to raze cities anymore. After I take over a city, there's no pop up asking me if I want to raze it or not. Is there a hotkey for razing a city?

Sorry if this is obvious to you, but I have to ask - you are sure you're not trying to raze a city state or a former major civ capital?

Can confirm this myself, automatically annexed the half doz cities I have captured. Also, maybe just me, but it didn't appear that my happiness took much of a hit when I auto-annexed a city. Is that too a bug?

As been a few versions since I played this mod, I thought maybe the mod required researching some tech before the option was available to puppet, but I have gone past steel and still no option. Actually this is reason why I've gone into this thead after just updating the mod from the game screen - to see what the go is.

a little but annoying feature: i like to see the production of each hex pointing the mouse over it.
Maybe there's an option?

Just tried it on my game and yeah it's the same thing here. Just using the new v11 mod with the modular tweaks enabled and no other mods enabled and ordinary cities (not capitals or city states) are automatically annexed.

You do have the option to raze the city from the city screen, but the usual options of puppeting/annexing/razing have disappeared.

Happiness was also unaffected by annexing.

Hope it's an easy fix!:)

I have the same problem - no options at all. The city is automatically annexed.

I have the same issue - which is why I stopped by this forum right now. But I've been meaning to stop by anyway to say thanks to Jooyo for this awesome Mod. I've been playing since v8 and can't imagine going back to Civ5 without it.

So, thanks!! Awesome work!

Ok I'll look is there something wrong with annexing.

EDIT: Ok, maybe I know what goes wrong...
Delete from my modpack file: ' Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua '

Nice mod. But im missing the new resourse buildings from Economy mod :).

Nice mod. But im missing the new resourse buildings from Economy mod :).

I don't think adding random buildings makes the modpack any better. Thal's changes are balanced, and the other gameplay mods here are mostly recommended by him. Remember the quote? "Perfection is not reached when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to take away."

The economy mod is a competitor to CCMAT, with it's own design goals. Imbalances and bugs are very likely when they are thoughtlessly merged (too many similar buildings, overly easy ways to create food or production,...)

The tax collector's office on the other hand seems totally weird to me. It provides gold, but has upkeep AND a -10% penalty to gold? How complicated is that? Not to mention the production malus and the suggested happiness penalty...

I was excited about this when I looked through the first half-dozen mods included in the "Integrated" section, but then I see Emigration. So this mod pack alters gameplay, not just interface / providing additional options. Is there a solid unaltered gameplay modpack yet?

The economy mod is fun, but I don't think the AI takes advantage of the buildings, some of which seem a little overpowered.
Merging the two mods is not simple or necessarily desirable. Just try them both and enjoy!
:king:

Top Bottom