Resources for Unit Makers

And I third it! This is a huge help for unit makers but it takes ages to load all of the pictures on one page. Spoilers would decrease the loadingtime and makes it easier to navigate to the right timeperiod/right nation and then open the spoilers that would be needed. :)

But the spoilers would still decrease loadingtime so that the thread doesn't jump upwards everytime an image is loaded. It is a huge annoyance to wait a minute or so for all the images on one page to load to see just a small section of pictures. ;) And if you need to load more than one page... :crazyeye:

Yes, quite right. But it will make it easier for people to actually read the texts instead of just waiting for every image to load as the view is jumping upwards with every image loading/loaded.

Delhi Sultanate (1206–1527)
Spoiler :
Horseman

Elephant

Spearman

Maceman

Longbowman

Misc

I think you can also use images from Turkey, Persia and Arabia from the same time.

Their contemporaries, Medieval Rajput states (1100s - 1500s)
Spoiler :

Maurya Empire (322 BC–185 BC) & Satavahana Empire 200 BC - 250AD) :
Spoiler :

Info on Mauryan Fashion
Info on Satavahana Fashion
Swordsman

Archer

Spearman

Axeman

Elephants

Misc:

Spearman

Cavalry

Mauryan Army in Rome Total Realism Mod:
Spoiler :
Sainika (Levy Spearmen)

Ksipati Sainika (Skirmishers)

Uttarapatha Ksatrya (Uttarapatha Elite Swordsmen)

Kshatriya Kauntika Ksipaka (Elite Archer)

Ksatrya Asva

Brahman Ksatrya (Brahman Clubmen)

Yuddha Rhata (Light Chariots - Javelins)

Ksatrya Rhata (Heavy Chariots - Archers)

Yuddha Gaja (Elephants)

Harappa:
Clothing:
Spoiler :

The image on the right has been interpenetrated as a horned helmet. Maybe after slaying the bull on the left?

Notice the Bull helmet/crown, I'd say he could be a shaman warrior, or king/chieftain/noble warrior

Precision, notice the feather headdress

Females, but maybe you can get some ideas looking at the jewelry and head gear

Figures wearing masks

Ox chariot

I think you will have a lot of freedom to interpret this period. I have noticed that most of the metal working that survived was jewelry and that all the figures from this period seem to have a lot of it, this may be because they are mostly figures of the upper class, but also because the Harappans are thought of as mostly peaceful and interested in trade. I think while the lower class can be given simple clothing, the elite warriors, should be give a lot of fancy decorations. Just my opinion though

Weapons:
Spoiler :
From the book Prehistory and Harappan civilization The Harappan weapons would have been a short bow, bronze swords, javelins, spears, and axes.
Axe, Spear head, and Sword (with the large curled pommel)

more

Top Bottom